Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 491011121314151617 LastLast

Thread: The Glades Next to Tanah Merah MRT (D16, 99 Years Leasehold, by Keppel Land)

Quote Originally Posted by Village Idiot View Post
    What about the answer that's been given out by the experts recently? I think it was Barclays. I'm sure folks here read it. From what I read, SG is sure heading for interest rate rises and for a 20% property price drop as well as vast oversupply leading to properties sat empty and/or very hard to rent out which logically means rental decreases.

This seems like a triple whammy. Add to that, many on here are saying The Glades is already over priced

I guess that means that when you combine all these factors you'd need to have had a lobotomy to even think about buying The Glades; or any Singapore property? Unless you are looking long term - maybe 10 years to reach a break even? And if you are an investor and can't tenant your investment property you are going to be paying for 2 properties and having to leave one empty. Sounds like a complete disaster. People are really going to feel the pain.

Any thoughts?
    Hi VI, some questions for you to ponder over:

1) In a market downturn, would you have the courage to pick up a property? Everyone will be screaming prices can only get lower !! What would be the banks' reactions?

2) Are you able to tell when market will bottom?

Good luck !!

Quote Originally Posted by visionary View Post
    1,072,500 840 Strata 06 to 10 1,277psf Sep-13

First Caveat Lodged.

Some 3 bedroom compacts and 2 bedroom lofts are 840 sq feet.

I suspect this one is 2 bedroom stack 7 or 14, highest floor #10 with void space. Without void space, the floor area is only 678 sq ft.

Just speculating..
    I don't understand this post. Can you explain what it means, please.

Quote Originally Posted by 081828 View Post
    Hi VI, some questions for you to ponder over:

1) In a market downturn, would you have the courage to pick up a property? Everyone will be screaming prices can only get lower !! What would be the banks' reactions?

2) Are you able to tell when market will bottom?

Good luck !!
    I'll try to answer your questions as honestly as I can. Can you then explain your point as it's not 100% clear.

1> No. I'm basically a coward. When it's taken me many years of hard work to earn my money I'm so scared that buying Singapore property would be like watching it burn.
    I don't think the banks would care. They are protected by only having lent you a max 80%. If property plunged to a value where the banks were also carrying a risk then I'm not sure what would happen. But they are pretty well protected with their 20% buffer.

2> No. I'm clueless. I'd probably just ask on this board what people thought

1,072,500 840 Strata 06 to 10 1,277psf Sep-13

First Caveat Lodged.

Some 3 bedroom compacts and 2 bedroom lofts are 840 sq feet.

I suspect this one is 2 bedroom stack 7 or 14, highest floor #10 with void space. Without void space, the floor area is only 678 sq ft.

Just speculating..
    Hi looking at square foot research, this is #10-12, a 2 BR with loft in loving/dinning room of about 16 sqm (or 173 sqf) (unit layout B5-L). This explained the 'lower' than expected psf ....

Level 2 to 9 of same stack will be of size 62 sqm (667 sqf).

I don't understand this post. Can you explain what it means, please.
    Hi, basically its selling for 1277psf, far lower than the "average" 1500 psf.

I am trying to guess which unit it is, and sharing my thoughts.

I'll try to answer your questions as honestly as I can. Can you then explain your point as it's not 100% clear.

1> No. I'm basically a coward. When it's taken me many years of hard work to earn my money I'm so scared that buying Singapore property would be like watching it burn.
    I don't think the banks would care. They are protected by only having lent you a max 80%. If property plunged to a value where the banks were also carrying a risk then I'm not sure what would happen. But they are pretty well protected with their 20% buffer.

You will never be able to 100% feel if the timing is right or not. You need to feel comfortable that the amount is an amount you are comfortable with, from the monthly repayment and you have enough reserve set aside for 12 months instalments.

It will end up being the gut feel that will complete the balance 10% of the analysis. Is this a project you really like and can imagine staying there and still in love with after 5 years?

i will say no pain no gain , if too much worry u will never gain... just my opinion.

Hi, basically its selling for 1277psf, far lower than the "average" 1500 psf.

I am trying to guess which unit it is, and sharing my thoughts.
    Ah, got it, understood. That seems like a decent buy. High floor, South facing and the high ceilings are a nice feature. If it were me, I'd like to leave the high ceilings open to enjoy, rather than build a platform and try to house another family of 4 up there. Seems someone bought a lovely unit. Congrats to the buyer!!!

Ah, got it, understood. That seems like a decent buy. High floor, South facing and the high ceilings are a nice feature. If it were me, I'd like to leave the high ceilings open to enjoy, rather than build a platform and try to house another family of 4 up there. Seems someone bought a lovely unit. Congrats to the buyer!!!
    i am curious to know how much level 9 would cost...

Quote Originally Posted by gadiny View Post
    Per the location/control plan page 2 as attached, the row of 25 tress (which you have mentioned) along bedok rise are to be retained and from the photo, the trees are tall and will still be growing! Anyway I guess the trees are a necessary evil to provide privacy for Glades' south facing and the landed property residents

I was told that Bedok Rise would be widened. These trees would have to go if thats true.

i am curious to know how much level 9 would cost...
    I can tell you that 10-06 was 1,001,500, layout B3. I know because I asked the price - that was the launch day price.

Is it true that developers are not legally allowed to hold units more than 5 years? I haven't seen that rule discussed here, but I read it elsewhere. With a 4 year build time that means at around TOP date the developer will be FORCED to start thinking about heavy discounts on those units that remain unsold.

The more I read about all these rules I really believe SG property market is in a complete mess. Cooling measures are killing measures. If you are buying a home then no problem. If you are an investor and/or aspiring landlord It seems you'd be better keeping your money under the mattress.

Government don't want to see the housing bubble burst, but instead they have strangled the life out of it. If I had a vote I'd vote for the opposition

I can tell you that 10-06 was 1,001,500, layout B3. I know because I asked the price - that was the launch day price.

Is it true that developers are not legally allowed to hold units more than 5 years? I haven't seen that rule discussed here, but I read it elsewhere. With a 4 year build time that means at around TOP date the developer will be FORCED to start thinking about heavy discounts on those units that remain unsold.

The more I read about all these rules I really believe SG property market is in a complete mess. Cooling measures are killing measures. If you are buying a home then no problem. If you are an investor and/or aspiring landlord It seems you'd be better keeping your money under the mattress.

Government don't want to see the housing bubble burst, but instead they have strangled the life out of it. If I had a vote I'd vote for the opposition
    Hi,

Type B3 is only stack -10 and -11.

Stack -06 are 3 bedders.

Hi,

Type B3 is only stack -10 and -11.

Stack -06 are 3 bedders.
    Sorry, Visionary. I meant stack 10, 6th floor. South facing.

If it's true that the 2% discount has been removed then I guess the price should have gone up. The price I mentioned is launch day price.

Thinking about it, the 12th floor unit mentioned, with air space, would seem like it is worth paying the 72k SGD extra.

Two areas which I am aware which have monetary implication if not sold within a period:

1) One of the requirements to get approval for Qualifying Cert (QC) per Residential Property Act (RPA) is to sell all units within 2 years from TOP.
    This condition applies to Non-Singapore Companies and thus listed companies like Keppel with foreign shareholders will be caught.
    If unable to do sell all within 2 years from TOP, pay extension charge for unsold units.

2) Remission/refund of ABSD (15% of purchase price) paid by developers if manage to sell within 5 years from purchase of land.

For GLS (like the one for Glade), Non-Spore developers are exempted from the requirements (like point 1)) of QC

Guru please correct if not what you all understand. Thks!

I was told that Bedok Rise would be widened. These trees would have to go if thats true.
    Hi I got the information from conditions of tender for this land per http://www.ura.gov.sg/sales/NewUppCh...OT_TCOT_CA.pdf on top of the CP which I attached previously which states

8.2 Particular Requirements

8.2.1 The successful tenderer is to retain a row of 25 nos of trees(subject to
    NParks confirmation) along Bedok Rise as shown in the Control Plan
    within the proposed centre median as part of the widening of the existing
    Bedok Rise to a road reserve width of 26.2m. The tree roots are not to
    be affected by the construction of the future centre median.

Per the CP per link below, the row where the trees are will be the proposed center median http://www.ura.gov.sg/sales/NewUppCh...hngi-LP_CP.pdf
    Last edited by gadiny; 08-10-13 at 07:06.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by gadiny View Post
    Hi I got the information from conditions of tender for this land per http://www.ura.gov.sg/sales/NewUppCh...OT_TCOT_CA.pdf on top of the CP which I attached previously which states

8.2 Particular Requirements

8.2.1 The successful tenderer is to retain a row of 25 nos of trees(subject to
    NParks confirmation) along Bedok Rise as shown in the Control Plan
    within the proposed centre median as part of the widening of the existing
    Bedok Rise to a road reserve width of 26.2m. The tree roots are not to
    be affected by the construction of the future centre median.

Per the CP per link below, the row where the trees are will be the proposed center median http://www.ura.gov.sg/sales/NewUppCh...hngi-LP_CP.pdf
    You are very resourceful. Thanks for the correcting me with the actual info!

Default 2bed

any more 2bed at around 8XXk?

Quote Originally Posted by wanttosnap View Post
    any more 2bed at around 8XXk?
    I shouldn't think so. You mean the 2-bed compact? Not sure the price on those. Anyway, my agent said sales are VERY slow, but Keppel are refusing to budge on the prices; "at least for the moment" were his exact words.

Any update on sales? Anyone seen the sales board?

newbie in forum here. wow 41 pages long thread. went to the showflat during launch also, v crowded but like very few ppl wanna buy lei. I am one of them.. no money.

Price is simply on the high side. when i regsiter for ballot my agent told me its 14xx psf.. price come out is 15xx psf for 2bdroom, really cannot stomach.

the development is not fantastic la.. but the interior finishes are still quality, at least minimum expected of keppel. i think they are the one of the only developers who still do not budge on using lesser grade materials to keep cost low in order to make the project affordable to buyers.. but at this stage, they really should relook at this. quality good,expensive, but nobody buy also like that...

Quote Originally Posted by Kampongboy View Post
    newbie in forum here. wow 41 pages long thread. went to the showflat during launch also, v crowded but like very few ppl wanna buy lei. I am one of them.. no money.

Price is simply on the high side. when i regsiter for ballot my agent told me its 14xx psf.. price come out is 15xx psf for 2bdroom, really cannot stomach.

the development is not fantastic la.. but the interior finishes are still quality, at least minimum expected of keppel. i think they are the one of the only developers who still do not budge on using lesser grade materials to keep cost low in order to make the project affordable to buyers.. but at this stage, they really should relook at this. quality good,expensive, but nobody buy also like that...
    tink very hard for developers to cut price leh ... land bid is exp in the 1st place.

even cut developer also cant cut alot i guess. if price drop to Thomson Three/SV price the project sure fly man, although highly unlikely... it seems like for 2bdroom psychological barrier is $1million for mass market buyers, not so much of the psf.

anyway what do you guys think about the investment potential of the east in general? my agent keep texting/calling me ask me go back sales gallery and consider again because of the project jewel at changi airport, payalebar transformation etc etc. but i reply unless price change im not going back..

I am thinking if Jgateway can sell the lakeside/jurong story so well, i think the changi airport story and relocation of Paya lebar airbase coupled with changi business park is even better lor.. imagine when zheng hu start developing the paya lebar area when the air base move to changi also...

even cut developer also cant cut alot i guess. if price drop to Thomson Three/SV price the project sure fly man, although highly unlikely... it seems like for 2bdroom psychological barrier is $1million for mass market buyers, not so much of the psf.

anyway what do you guys think about the investment potential of the east in general? my agent keep texting/calling me ask me go back sales gallery and consider again because of the project jewel at changi airport, payalebar transformation etc etc. but i reply unless price change im not going back..

I am thinking if Jgateway can sell the lakeside/jurong story so well, i think the changi airport story and relocation of Paya lebar airbase coupled with changi business park is even better lor.. imagine when zheng hu start developing the paya lebar area when the air base move to changi also...
    tats y now everything is a quantam play gg fwd.
    if really wan to consider extreme east, to me is when it is very cheap. else not worth taking the risk.

U must learn to filter the noise away.. The government have annoucned development almost everywhere.. Woodland, Jurong, Kallang, Pasir Ris, etc. but we must remember about the km to city.. The nearer to city the more expensive. Jurong cannot be more expensive then tiong bahru just because of one plan by the governemnt.. Payer Lebar cannot be the next Orchard Road.

The development is not fantastic la.
    I agree, it's really not that amazing. The landscape looks like it has potential to be nice, but the development is not an architectural masterpiece or icon.

... but the interior finishes are still quality, at least minimum expected of Keppel.
    I don't know why people would want to buy a 1 million dollar home with cheap crap finishing, just so they can save 10k. It really beats me why you buy a home with a 99 year lease, but are happy with finishes that are made to last 1 year and then fall apart.

Quality, good, expensive, but nobody buy also like that.
    Unfortunately, you are right. I think investors want the lowest possible quantum at almost any compromise. Those buying to stay might think differently, but they also seem to have same mindset. I think Sky Vue proves that people are just not willing to pay a premium for beauty and architecture. In other words, they want function over form, and they want it cheap. Are these the same wealthy people who will pay 10k for a handbag on Orchard road when they could get a similar but crappy made one at Bugis market for 50 bucks

Default The Glades

A New Condo SingaporeThe Glades at Tanah Merah – Located just within a 1 minute walk away from the Tanah Merah MRT station, The Glades is yet another highly anticipated new launch by Keppel Land within the Tanah Merah/Upper Changi area.

Surrounded by host of retails and service amenities and located in the already established Tanah Merah neighbourhood, the condominium will consist of a total of 726 units (subject to approval) and units will range from 1 bedroom, up to the very much in demand 4 bedrooms dual keys. Find out more project details by The Glades at our project details page.

Jointly developed by Keppel Land Limited and China Vanke Co Ltd, the condominium is only a stone’s throw away from the Tanah Merah MRT station and surrounded by education institutes such as Anglican High School, Temasek Junior College and the up and coming SUTD (Singapore University of Technology and Design) new campus which is expected to be ready by 2014.

You will also have a host of retail and service amenities located well within the vicinity at The Glades. Shopping malls such as Changi City Point, Bedok Mall, Bedok Point, Tampines Mall, Century Square, Tampines 1, East Point Mall are within a quick walk or quick drive away if you ever need to do some shopping. You will be connected seamlessly to other parts of Singapore such as the CBD and city via major expressways like the Pan Island Expressway (PIE), East Coast Parkway (ECP) expressway and Tampines Expressway (TPE).

On top of it all, at The Glades, you will get to enjoy and relax at the many recreational facilities nearby such as the East Coast Park, Laguna Golf and Country Club and also the Bedok Reservoir Park.

Investing In The Glades By Keppel Land Limited
    If you are looking to invest in a piece of property amidst the current property market condition, The Glades will give you several compelling reasons to do so:

• Located close to Tanah Merah MRT. Properties within proximity of MRT station has enjoy good capital appreciation over the years
    • Land parcels close to MRT stations plotted for residential use is decreasing sharply
    • Reputable education institutes nearby
    • Near to Singapore University Of Technology And Design (demands for rental from foreign students)
    • Minutes to retail malls and service by major expressways to other parts of the city

Check out The Glades or other New Condo Singapore NOW!

Default The Glades

A New Condo SingaporeThe Glades at Tanah Merah – Located just within a 1 minute walk away from the Tanah Merah MRT station, The Glades is yet another highly anticipated new launch by Keppel Land within the Tanah Merah/Upper Changi area.

Surrounded by host of retails and service amenities and located in the already established Tanah Merah neighbourhood, the condominium will consist of a total of 726 units (subject to approval) and units will range from 1 bedroom, up to the very much in demand 4 bedrooms dual keys. Find out more project details by The Glades at our project details page.

Jointly developed by Keppel Land Limited and China Vanke Co Ltd, the condominium is only a stone’s throw away from the Tanah Merah MRT station and surrounded by education institutes such as Anglican High School, Temasek Junior College and the up and coming SUTD (Singapore University of Technology and Design) new campus which is expected to be ready by 2014.

You will also have a host of retail and service amenities located well within the vicinity at The Glades. Shopping malls such as Changi City Point, Bedok Mall, Bedok Point, Tampines Mall, Century Square, Tampines 1, East Point Mall are within a quick walk or quick drive away if you ever need to do some shopping. You will be connected seamlessly to other parts of Singapore such as the CBD and city via major expressways like the Pan Island Expressway (PIE), East Coast Parkway (ECP) expressway and Tampines Expressway (TPE).

On top of it all, at The Glades, you will get to enjoy and relax at the many recreational facilities nearby such as the East Coast Park, Laguna Golf and Country Club and also the Bedok Reservoir Park.

Investing In The Glades By Keppel Land Limited
    If you are looking to invest in a piece of property amidst the current property market condition, The Glades will give you several compelling reasons to do so:

• Located close to Tanah Merah MRT. Properties within proximity of MRT station has enjoy good capital appreciation over the years
    • Land parcels close to MRT stations plotted for residential use is decreasing sharply
    • Reputable education institutes nearby
    • Near to Singapore University Of Technology And Design (demands for rental from foreign students)
    • Minutes to retail malls and service by major expressways to other parts of the city

Check out The Glades or other New Condo Singapore NOW!

The glades 3br advertised at 1.15m, px drop?

Quote Originally Posted by bakasa2002 View Post
    The glades 3br advertised at 1.15m, px drop?
    We have released new stacks of 1 to 4 bedrooms units types and those units released are our NOVEMBER STARBUY UNITS.
    Our 3-Bedroom Compact (840sf) starts from $1.16mil. Our Starbuy Units for Limited Period only!
    Check out our The Glades Homepage for more info today!
    Contact us for Showflat Appointment now!

Not sure if this was mentioned earlier in the thread. Was just looking at the draft master plan and realise the plot next to Urban vista is zoned for residential with commercial at 1st storey. It was zoned purely for commercial previously.