Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast

Thread: The Glades Next to Tanah Merah MRT (D16, 99 Years Leasehold, by Keppel Land)

Quote Originally Posted by mermaid
    how abt if u r given a choice to buy either a 2rm hdb at $100k vs a $600k 1 bedder condo? assume same size same loc.
    some ppl may choose the $100K hdb and have 500K cash for other investments/ expenses

RESIDENTIAL PROPERTY
    Krisana Gallezo, Singapore
    Published: 18 Jul 13296 views

Keppel Land to launch The Glades in 3Q

How much would a unit cost?

During the analyst briefing yesterday for its 1H results, Keppel Land announced that it is looking forward to launch The Glades at Tanah Mera in 3Q. Singapore Business Review's spotcheck with property agents found that the launch is probably in Mid-August.

The Glades is an upcoming new condominium by Keppel Land Limited and China Vanke Co Ltd. The 99-year leasehold property is located near Tanah Merah MRT Station and is only a station away from the upcoming fourth university and Changi International Business Park, and 2 MRT stations to the Changi International Airport. It is consists of 9 blocks of 726 units with sizes ranging from 500 sqft - 1450 sqft. Indicative prices are not known yet but industry watchers predict over $1400psf.

- See more at: http://sbr.com.sg/residential-proper...h-glades-in-3q
    click: 🏢shoeboxmickeymousehouse 🏢

Near MRT = $1500 psf. So with more MRT stations, expect the new launches to support one another and push up the psf to mimimum $1000 psf even at not so accessible locations. In 1-2 years' time, only ECs will be below $1000 psf.

Quote Originally Posted by wirehtc
    Near MRT = $1500 psf. So with more MRT stations, expect the new launches to support one another and push up the psf to mimimum $1000 psf even at not so accessible locations. In 1-2 years' time, only ECs will be below $1000 psf.
    And I think thats gradually become true and the new price-level, benchmark.

Quote Originally Posted by latour
    And I think thats gradually become true and the new price-level, benchmark.
    this is the ceiling. as for what is the trough, must be tested by a downturn then can confirm

Yup, fully agree. 1.8k psf for suburban? Forget it. Count me out...

Quote Originally Posted by eng81157
    this is the ceiling. as for what is the trough, must be tested by a downturn then can confirm

Quote Originally Posted by thomastansb
    Yup, fully agree. 1.8k psf for suburban? Forget it. Count me out...
    jurong at $1700psf - will you bite?

Nope.. The risk is too high (high interest rate and low rental), upside too little.

I will buy V on shenton instead if I have the chance. My sister bought at $2150 psf. It is a much better deal than 1.7k in Jurong I feel.

3k psf is much much much more feasible in Marina bay than 2.5k psf in Jurong.

jurong at $1700psf - will you bite?

Quote Originally Posted by thomastansb
    Nope.. The risk is too high (high interest rate and low rental), upside too little.

I will buy V on shenton instead if I have the chance. My sister bought at $2150 psf. It is a much better deal than 1.7k in Jurong I feel.

3k psf is much much much more feasible in Marina bay than 2.5k psf in Jurong.
    gum sia, same sentiments too. but some nicompoop is raving that Jurong @ $1600psf is cheapppppp

They will repent when they realise the rental there is not as good as they would want it to be.

Altez is another one to look out for I believe. 2 bedrooms average 2M. Even the buyers stretch 35 years @ 80% loan, every month still about 6.5 to 7k including maintenance and tax. Icon 2 bedroom rental around 5 to 5.5k only. And those buyers bought it much cheaper and we have skysuites 2 bedders sold at 1.2 to 1.5M. And Katong regency as well. They will repent

I am a practical guy. I don't believe there are so many people who are willing to have negative cash flow every month. Let alone leaving it empty. A few owners maybe. Not the majority.

gum sia, same sentiments too. but some nicompoop is raving that Jurong @ $1600psf is cheapppppp

Latest Artistic Impressions and Units Size Range.
    Check out ---> The Glades <---

Just a wild guess... It could be eCo.

Quote Originally Posted by ecimbew
    But in July 2011, someone found skeletons. The exact location is unclear. Report says an Indian Almond tree 5-min walk downslope from Jalan Limau Kastari.

By Rachel Chan

A SHOCKING find was made by two land surveyors last Saturday afternoon when they ventured into a forested area near Tanah Merah MRT station.

The two men discovered a skeleton under a tree in a secluded spot off New Upper Changi Road, Chinese newspapers Lianhe Wanbao and Shin Min Daily News reported yesterday.

When contacted by my paper yesterday, police confirmed that they received a call at about 3.15pm, shortly after the discovery.

The identity of the skeleton and its gender remain a mystery. A blue T-shirt and a pair of white underwear were believed to have been left on the skeleton. A haversack was found nearby.

The remains were surrounded by wads of $5 and $10 notes, believed to amount to more than $1,000, as well as a battered Nokia mobile phone, reported Lianhe Wanbao. The spot where the surveyors stumbled on the skeleton is a five-minute walk downslope from a nearby private estate in Jalan Limau Kastari.

When they came to an Indian almond tree, the land surveyors were shocked to find an exposed skull, and a skeleton partially hidden by fallen leaves. The surveyors said they could not tell whether the bones belonged to a man or a woman.

They also noticed a blue rope tied to a branch 4m above the spot where the remains were found.

Shin Min Daily News reported that more than 20 police officers spent four hours combing an area the size of three basketball courts last Saturday afternoon. Neighbours reportedly detected a foul smell coming from the area two months ago.

Police have classified the case as unnatural death and are investigating.
    http://www.asiaone.com/News/AsiaOne+...04-287343.html
    Yee ha! Did I tickle your funny bone?

Hello all, some infor on the 3rd new condo at TM within a year!

- The glades introduction video per

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UAmw7zuLVm4

- Some floor plans per

http://www.propertyfishing.com/new-l...s/floor-plans/

Smile

Haiyo... Tembusu 2?

Why nowadays they like to cover all over with greens... is it so as to cover up otherwise shoddy workmanship?

Those 3 giant flower buds reminds me of the supertrees in gardens by the bay haa haa haa...

nice landscaping. too bad half of it is exposed to the mrt track and gawkers. spoil the privacy and serenity.

what's with the tiny unit sizes nowadays? standard sized 2 bedders at 62 sq m? compact 3 bedders at 78 sq m?

Quote Originally Posted by gadiny
    Hello all, some infor on the 3rd new condo at TM within a year!

- The glades introduction video per

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UAmw7zuLVm4

- Some floor plans per

http://www.propertyfishing.com/new-l...s/floor-plans/
    Balcony as big as living room!!

Quote Originally Posted by ecimbew
    Just a wild guess... It could be eCo.

My guess is the empty plot of land on the reserve list, waiting for a developer to trigger it for release.

Quote Originally Posted by VS
    Balcony as big as living room!!
    i find so long as the balcony is deep enough, is actually quite nice to have a big one.

worst balcony are long and narrow. small ones for one two person to sit out for a smoke break also not nice. Big Big one where you can put a whole sitting area outside is actually nice.

DEVELOPMENT ATTRIBUTES

9 blocks of 726 units

ONLY 1 Minute Walk to Tanah Merah MRT station!!!
    Developers with impeccable track record – Keppel Land & China Vanke
    Excellent access to City and CBD plus any parts of Singapore via major expressways such as PIE, ECP and TPE
    Short drive to Changi Business Hub, Expo and Changi Airport
    Many education institutions nearby such as Anglican High School, Temasek Junior College, upcoming Singapore University of Technology and Design (To be ready by 2014)
    A host of retail and service amenities within close proximity such as Changi City Point, Bedok Mall, Bedok Point, Tampines Mall, Century Square, Tampines 1, East Point Mall
    Enjoy plenty of outdoor recreation facilities such as East Coast Park, Laguna Golf and Country Club and Bedok Reservoir Park
    Excellent rental potential

***Seeking indication of Interest Now***

Size Range (Typical Units Only)
    1 Bedroom : 431 – 506 sqft
    1 SOHO : 473 – 484 sqft

2 Bed Compact : 570 – 624 sqft
    2 Bedroom : 667 – 721 sqft
    2 SOHO : 581 – 624 sqft

3 Bed Compact : 840 – 861 sqft
    3 Bedroom : 990 – 1044 sqft

4 Bedroom : 1281 – 1507 sqft
    4 Dual Key : 1378 sqft

Penthouses : 1916 – 2594 sqft

Shops (3 Units Only) : 517 - 560 sqft

***Seeking indication of Interest Now***

Quote Originally Posted by gav108
    What's with the tiny unit sizes nowadays? standard sized 2 bedders at 62 sq m? compact 3 bedders at 78 sq m?
    I'm posting on The Glades thread because, as mentioned, I am thinking about buying. However, the closer I look at SG property the less I understand it (the logic seems broken).

I agree with the comment about the tiny units. So small it feels like a prison cell. This is a suburban development, not city. Rather than raise the price they shrink the units and hope we don't notice

I had an agent tell me to expect The Glades to launch at minimum 1550 PSF. That means those "good facing" 1 or 2 bed could be 1700 PSF. Working on a 2 bed at 721 sqft that's 1,225,700. I checked resale units at Optima and for a same sized pool view high floor unit owners are asking approx. 1,200,000. So why would anyone buy The Glades? Optima can fetch rental income or be lived in immediately, The Glades is years away. It's a genuine question, I am confused. It will surely sell out in the blink of an eye. Is there a "more money than sense" attitude creeping in?

Are the government really trying to cool the market or are they just trying to fill their pockets

This is a bit of a controversial post But that's what the Internet is for, right All genuine questions.

Hi morning all, more from youtubes on the Glades for your reference!

1. Showflat
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LMTGwjGV_f0

2. The 'innovative convertible system' for the Soho units. Something different as usually for Soho, developers do a platform

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u8UvMcpRJVU

hi Idiot... NEW is always better to most.

much like how men prefer to have virgin wives. some more buying a house is like one of the biggest commitment of a lifetime for most.

nice concept but not really practical for the convertibles. esp if they price it at a premium just for that.

for single person, most likely end up doing everything from the main sofa. it looks spacious enough for one to sleep on anyway.

for two pax, maybe then they can have some fun and exercise while converting and transformers mode here and there on a daily basis.

Poor jolin looks very busy converting and transforming. Cannot imagine doing this everyday. maybe after the 1 year warranty period, the transformers will start falling apart haa haa.

Quote Originally Posted by mcmlxxvi
    hi Idiot... NEW is always better to most.

much like how men prefer to have virgin wives. some more buying a house is like one of the biggest commitment of a lifetime for most.
    But Optima only just TOP. How long does it take for it not to be considered NEW anymore? 6 months?

Hehehehe just though that a completed house that can be income generating and lived in should sell for more than a plot of grass. Just giving a balanced view. Since the money in SG property is seemingly limitless then let me try to balance this in my own mind my by say those Optima owners are dumb and they need to jack up the asking price

Pull-down bed? OMG. No thanks. That style I don't like (personal opinion).

Quote Originally Posted by Village Idiot
    But Optima only just TOP. How long does it take for it not to be considered NEW anymore? 6 months?

Hehehehe just though that a completed house that can be income generating and lived in should sell for more than a plot of grass. Just giving a balanced view. Since the money in SG property is seemingly limitless then let me try to balance this in my own mind my by say those Optima owners are dumb and they need to jack up the asking price

Pull-down bed? OMG. No thanks. That style I don't like (personal opinion).
    dont get me wong.... i actually agree with u.

one of my tactic has been to buy only those that near top (within 6 mths) where their full price potential has not been reached.

Quote Originally Posted by azeoprop
    Poor jolin looks very busy converting and transforming. Cannot imagine doing this everyday. maybe after the 1 year warranty period, the transformers will start falling apart haa haa.
    i think i just saw her bicep get bigger.

Mechanical parts are subjected to wear and tear, and you risk limbs and head injuries. They are also not cheap and a hassle to use.

i also worry about such beds and storage that need u to open up and down...eventually the parts will spolit one. based on previous experience, must be gentle when handling retractable mechanism.

last time my parents storage bed also not good, after sometimes, the drawers cannot pull out easily and start to wear n tear.

i also dunno why would a person of 1 bedder SOHO will want to waste space on 2 beds (based on video example). Unless u r such a generous host who host ppl to stay in ur house almost weekly, otherwise, ur 1 bedder sld be designed according to your needs and not to how u want to cater for ur guests.