Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst ... 23456789101116 ... LastLast

Thread: The Glades Next to Tanah Merah MRT (D16, 99 Years Leasehold, by Keppel Land)

Quote Originally Posted by thomastansb
    Actually his logic is flawed. The 1km radius thingy is total crap. Woodlands has fewer condos than D15 but I don't see higher rental at woodlands. Punggol and Sengkang also very little condo but why the rental there so low??

Rental go up and down in tandem with other properties islandwide. It is just shifting of tenants from one place to another place. If Pasir Ris has more condos, those staying at tampines will move over. Then simei will move over to tampines. And etc etc etc. So if over supply at Pasir Ris, tenants just move over from other locations. So overall, rental will be lower across Singapore. Those staying at Tg Pagar might contemplate moving to redhill because cheaper since some staying at redhill move to Jurong (just an example).
    a bit flawed.. though there are some similar examples. one north, heritage view

I have Clift studio as well. Rental around 4 to 4.5k. Almost same as Sail, one shenton and a bit higher than Icon as Icon is having massive constructions now.

PSF wise, it is higher because it is smaller. My unit is 495 sq ft. Easily $8 psf. Sail, same rental, only $6+ psf. Rental same but psf higher. But the 1km radius logic doesn't work here because the rental is almost similar. PSF is not accurate because Clift size is much smaller.
    I am not trying to say if your condo 1km radius has no competition, u can get $8. I am only saying u get less competition while renting out and can get more desirable rate as compared to those clusters we talk about. I also have a unit in sail, Clift n sail serving different group of tenants.
    I dun need to educate the forumers about logic here, they are all expert n I am just stating some common mistake followers made.

Yup one North is another good one. I went for the preview but missed out eventually. I UOL sold most of the units to insiders and agent.

Actually his logic is flawed. The 1km radius thingy is total crap. Woodlands has fewer condos than D15 but I don't see higher rental at woodlands. Punggol and Sengkang also very little condo but why the rental there so low??

Rental go up and down in tandem with other properties islandwide. It is just shifting of tenants from one place to another place. If Pasir Ris has more condos, those staying at tampines will move over. Then simei will move over to tampines. And etc etc etc. So if over supply at Pasir Ris, tenants just move over from other locations. So overall, rental will be lower across Singapore. Those staying at Tg Pagar might contemplate moving to redhill because cheaper since some staying at redhill move to Jurong (just an example).

Alamak.. Of course I am not referring to all districts. Compass point residences has no competition for many years n enjoy good rental n the units are taken up very quickly. I can't be so stupid to fail to understand this when I hold so many units right?
    Aiya no need to argue lah, we are all highly educated people with high EQ n can conclude things in the most constructive ways, or else we wun be multiple units owners right?

Opps, sorry to hijack The Glades thread.
    Case closed.

Received SMS from agent.

Showflat opens today!

1room 700k
    2room 840k
    3room 1.25 mil
    Soho/1/2/3/4/dk/ph

Anyone going for viewing?

Things may change when Telok Ayer station of DTL1 opens at the end of the year.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adva181
    I give u an example-
    Clift, nearest condo is Emerald Garden.
    All others like Icon, One shenton all 1km away.
    Nearest BUC is Robinson Suits.

Need more examples?

Actually just need to do some homework and u can find some gems.
    Those chasing after new launch which are surrounded by large development are

Quote Originally Posted by DC33_2008
    Things may change when Telok Ayer station of DTL1 opens at the end of the year.
    Bro DC33, u still holding to EM?

Quote Originally Posted by GSLJ
    Received SMS from agent.

Showflat opens today!

1room 700k
    2room 840k
    3room 1.25 mil
    Soho/1/2/3/4/dk/ph

1 bedroom same price as My Manhattan but size is 452sqft vs MM's 560sqft.

Why not when it gives good rental yield? Can find tenants very quickly even with higher rent. Lastly, it is 999LH in a few place that is rare. Th recent commercial land bid price near Cecil and Telok Ayer has reached new high.
    Quote Originally Posted by shauntanzs
    Bro DC33, u still holding to EM?

Received SMS from agent.

Showflat opens today!

1room 700k
    2room 840k
    3room 1.25 mil
    Soho/1/2/3/4/dk/ph

Price is affordable. 3 rm at 1.25mil is good.
    Yee ha! Did I tickle your funny bone?

Quote Originally Posted by azeoprop
    1 bedroom same price as My Manhattan but size is 452sqft vs MM's 560sqft.
    if country garden can sell a few thousands in weeks, Glades will be gone by days

like COE/car market ... all buyers super-loaded

commercial vehicle COE all time high at 71k+ ... properties should be same, no 710k (10x COE) no talk
    Ride at your own risk !!!

haha.. is there a correlation between coe and prop prices?

Received SMS from agent.

Showflat opens today!

1room 700k
    2room 840k
    3room 1.25 mil
    Soho/1/2/3/4/dk/ph

Any views regarding the showflat after visiting?

Quote Originally Posted by Simply East
    I am not impressed ... Had expected better quality from Keppel and the px they are charging. =)

Quote Originally Posted by Simply East
    Agree with Bakasa2002, not impressed with the quality.

I was there over the weekend, showroom was packed! They have 1/2/3 bedder show units for viewing. Indicative price 1.4k- 1.6k psf. I find the units rather small, but the landscaping is nice. High floor units facing Bedok rise will have a distance sea view. There will also be a covered walkway link to Mrt too.

Land price around 800, construction costs plus misc add another 400, so at 1.4k psf I feel is reasonable. But this is BUC, so TOP should be around 4 years or 2017. If it's for rental yield, the resale condos opposite may be another option to consider for immediate returns.

This project not so hot judging from the response here le

i thought rent is moderating given the completion of Optima? still people flocking to showrooms. looks like the next CM is to reduce loan tenure to 25 years.

I think game over for many people.
    Eg 45years old man earning 10k pm
    Has 1 existing property.

To buy a 2 bedder 1.2m at The Glade, he need to fork out cash 50% 600k plus SD 120k = 720k
    Does all average dudes has this amount of money?

Even if he cleared round 1, now comes round 2.

Balance Loan 600k over 20 years, monthly installment $3500 pm
    If he has existing house loan assuming 2k pm n car loan 1.5k pm,
    He fail to cross the 60% TSDR hurdles.

Game over.

Quote Originally Posted by shauntanzs
    I think game over for many people.
    Eg 45years old man earning 10k pm
    Has 1 existing property.

To buy a 2 bedder 1.2m at The Glade, he need to fork out cash 50% 600k plus SD 120k = 720k
    Does all average dudes has this amount of money?

Even if he cleared round 1, now comes round 2.

Balance Loan 600k over 20 years, monthly installment $3500 pm
    If he has existing house loan assuming 2k pm n car loan 1.5k pm,
    He fail to cross the 60% TSDR hurdles.

Game over.

Quote Originally Posted by kane
    i thought rent is moderating given the completion of Optima? still people flocking to showrooms. looks like the next CM is to reduce loan tenure to 25 years.
    I agree.

This is a serious question, can someone explain why people are not deterred in any way from buying SG property, even when it doesn't seem sensible. Having a spare 1+ million dollars to spend on a tiny box apartment is one thing, thinking it's a good idea is another. I think were the next cooling measures to say all buyers must have a limb amputated then buyers would still happily queue up.

It is at the point where, even at a low 1.5% interest rate, the potential monthly rental cannot even cover the monthly mortgage. I can only assume then, that the rich investors don't really look at the rental yield anymore and are in it purely for the anticipated capital appreciation. Would I be right? And just how high can a tiny box appreciate? Can and will people pay unlimited amounts for a tiny box in a suburban location? I don't see wage inflation keeping up with house inflation.

Quote Originally Posted by Village Idiot
    I agree.

This is a serious question, can someone explain why people are not deterred in any way from buying SG property, even when it doesn't seem sensible. Having a spare 1+ million dollars to spend on a tiny box apartment is one thing, thinking it's a good idea is another. I think were the next cooling measures to say all buyers must have a limb amputated then buyers would still happily queue up.

It is at the point where, even at a low 1.5% interest rate, the potential monthly rental cannot even cover the monthly mortgage. I can only assume then, that the rich investors don't really look at the rental yield anymore and are in it purely for the anticipated capital appreciation. Would I be right? And just how high can a tiny box appreciate? Can and will people pay unlimited amounts for a tiny box in a suburban location? I don't see wage inflation keeping up with house inflation.
    There are a sizeable group who are
    1. staying fully paid up HDB and condo
    2. baby boomers with easily 300k in investible CPF
    3. saved up quite a bundle in cash now parked in TD
    4. general distrust in equities, bonds,,,

I personally know many of above who are now getting into the act.
    They have no issue with 50% cash upfront, nor TDSR....

Regards

I agree.

People believe the 6.9m population target is very REAL.
    In fact, people believe the TRUE target is 8m.

Once PM Lee discloses the plan for Paya Lebar airbase and Tanjong Pagar container terminal, more will believe in the 6.9m - 8m population target.

Regards

You take 1M buy a MM, rental 3k, still got 3.6% yield.

You take 1M buy Iskandar properties, already drop 5%. Not prices drop but currency drop.

This is one of the many reasons. People see Singapore as a strong country with sound security, resilient currency, continuous growth, no external debt etc....

I agree.

You take 1M buy a MM, rental 3k, still got 3.6% yield.

You take 1M buy Iskandar properties, already drop 5%. Not prices drop but currency drop.

This is one of the many reasons. People see Singapore as a strong country with sound security, resilient currency, continuous growth, no external debt etc....
    Lol, I nearly bought a Penang property 2 years ago when the fx is 2.36. Now 2.59 almost 10% value gone. But in 2 yrs, the value up 10% also. So break even lol.

Quote Originally Posted by repanse71
    There are a sizeable group who are
    1. staying fully paid up HDB and condo
    2. baby boomers with easily 300k in investible CPF
    3. saved up quite a bundle in cash now parked in TD
    4. general distrust in equities, bonds,,,

I personally know many of above who are now getting into the act.
    They have no issue with 50% cash upfront, nor TDSR....

Regards
    I belongs to this group.
    Even when I belong to this group, I am not willing to pay the stupid 10% ABSD.

Quote Originally Posted by dtrax
    Yes, I belong to this group,
    Game over for me, but not for my kids, I will still pay 500k for them to acquire a 1st pte property if need to.

Since garment says they can loan to 80%, might as well take it.

henryhk, do not give up. One day they will remove those absds

Quote Originally Posted by Lovelle
    I nver hope ABSD will be removed...because it is false hope.....so will need my kids to follow my footstep and buy pte instead of hdb....

They will remove one day and i think the day wont be far.

Laguna buy for chewren , it is a good move

Quote Originally Posted by henryhk
    I nver hope ABSD will be removed...because it is false hope.....so will need my kids to follow my footstep and buy pte instead of hdb....

They will remove one day and i think the day wont be far.

Laguna buy for chewren , it is a good move
    Extremely unlikely to remove. Remember the population plan.

If one day absd removed, I confirm, guarantee plus chop....hell will break loose.