Page 1 of 17 1234561116 ... LastLast

Thread: The Glades Next to Tanah Merah MRT (D16, 99 Years Leasehold, by Keppel Land)

Default The Glades Next to Tanah Merah MRT (D16, 99 Years Leasehold, by Keppel Land)

THE GLADES next to TANAH MERAH MRT STATION
    Pending Approval For Sale | Seeking Indication Of Interest: +65 9789 8770

Register for Expression of Interest, Showflat Invitation, Updates & Early Bird Discounts!

The Glades is an upcoming new condominium by Keppel Land Limited and China Vanke Co Ltd, located just less than 1 minute to the Tanah Merah MRT Station, The Glades is near to a future commercial hub and is only a station away from the upcoming fourth university and Changi International Business Park, and 2 MRT stations to the Changi International Airport.

Project Details:
    Developer: Keppel Land Limited & China Vanke Co Ltd
    Tenure: 99 years
    Type: Proposed Condominium Development of 9 blocks of 726 units consisting 1-bedroom | 1 SOHO | 2-bedroom | 2 SOHO | 3-bedroom | 4-bedroom | 4 Dual Key | Penthouses
    Site Area: Approx. 343,173 sqft
    Total No. of Units: 726 Residential Units

Type/Size of Units:
    1-bedroom | 1 SOHO | 2-bedroom | 2 SOHO | 3-bedroom | 4-bedroom | 4 Dual Key | Penthouses
    Estimated 500 sqft – 1450 sqft

Why The Glades?
    * 1 Minute Walk to Tanah Merah MRT station
    * Excellent access to City and CBD plus any parts of Singapore via major expressways such as PIE, ECP and TPE
    * Short drive to Changi Business Hub, Expo and Changi Airport
    * Many education institutions nearby such as Anglican High School, Temasek Junior College, upcoming Singapore University of Technology and Design (To be ready by 2014)
    * A host of retail and service amenities within close proximity such as Changi City Point, Bedok Mall, Bedok Point, Tampines Mall, Century Square, Tampines 1, East Point Mall
    * Enjoy plenty of outdoor recreation facilities such as East Coast Park, Laguna Golf and Country Club and Bedok Reservoir Park
    * Great rental potential

For more details on The Glades, Floor Plans, Site Plan and Latest Updates:
    http://newlaunch-property.com/showcase/the-glades.html

Developer Appointed Marketing Agent

Smells good

click: 🏢shoeboxmickeymousehouse 🏢

Hahaha!
    Quote Originally Posted by mcmlxxvi
    Smells good

Some of my friends said this forested hill used to be some WW2 mass killing site, any information on that? Thanks!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sook_C...acre#Execution

Personally would not worry or be concerned about something that happened so many years ago.

Will they have rare finds while levelling the site?
    Quote Originally Posted by azeoprop
    Some of my friends said this forested hill used to be some WW2 mass killing site, any information on that? Thanks!

Such site always Huat wan.

Look at bishan and tampines, used to be cemetery, now all Huat.

Quote Originally Posted by 4wheels

I'm looking forward to see more about this one. I'm very interested.

I live at Tanah Merah for the past 2 years (Casa Merah). I like this area.

I lost interest in Urban Vista due to their tiny tiny unit sizes. Less than 600sqft for a 2 bed, 2 bath with bomb shelter + balcony + ac ledge

Hope the glades will give more generous unit sizes.

I think this is going to be expensive though PSF

Did developer pay too much for the land? This is Tanah Merah after all; quite remote. Is it worth paying more than city fringe?

I'm hoping Keppel will make this a striking development with high end finishes. Then we can justify the expected high PSF.

Quote Originally Posted by 4wheels

U mixed up mass killing field w traditional burial sites.

Quote Originally Posted by Village Idiot

I lost interest in Urban Vista due to their tiny tiny unit sizes. Less than 600sqft for a 2 bed, 2 bath with bomb shelter + balcony + ac ledge

Did developer pay too much for the land? This is Tanah Merah after all; quite remote. Is it worth paying more than city fringe?

I'm hoping Keppel will make this a striking development with high end finishes. Then we can justify the expected high PSF.
    Developer did pay a lot for this plot, to the tune of 8xx ppr? I guess avg will be >$1400psf. Keppel product finishes std shd b quite high...

Could this be the Reflections or Caribbean of the East!?

Developer did pay a lot for this plot, to the tune of 8xx ppr? I guess avg will be >$1400psf. Keppel product finishes std shd b quite high...

most of keppel's project finishing, even in far our places like sengkang appear to be decent, at least at the showroom level that is.

this will be an interesting launch, especially in the face of the latest measures.

With its private and landed enclave surrounding with no lack of amenities and convenience just doorstep to Tanah Merah MRT Station, the development by Keppel Land should expect good interest.

So far, the developments by Keppel Land come with decent unit sizes, let keep our finger crossed. Agreed with bro Kane, one would expect good quality furnishing for Keppel Land development. Based on their track records till date, it has not disappoint the consumers.

Land bid closed at $791.42 psf ppr. There are some mathematics to do here. This would definitely be an very interesting project! Imagine yourself staying in a unit with south facing over the landed estate towards East Coast Park!!! Really get excited thinking about it! Units with north facing do still enjoy the open views over the landed estate up north!

From what my folks used to tell me, I think the massacre of chinese civilians by japanese soldiers was at Upper East Coast Road and not The Glade site.

I remember seeing the barren hill when i was a child and my folks would say that chinese civilians were brutally massacred in the area of the hill.

Of course the hill looks completely different now as lots of homes are built on it. I am not so sure of the exact locality but I would think it is in the vicinity of Lucky Heights, The Summit and the The Riviera Residence. If you are interested in the history of Upper East Road, here are the links for you to read:

Aircrash at Upper East Road on 11 Aug 1951
    http://2ndshot.blogspot.sg/2010/02/2...ast-coast.html

World War two at Upper East Coast Road
    http://goodmorningyesterday.blogspot...oast-road.html

Location of Bedok Hill massacre site

Part of D'Manor and Casa Merah (maybe since the roads are realigned) are built on a cemetery.

Refer to URA Masterplan 1980 (yellow portion)

Yee ha! Did I tickle your funny bone?

Red face

But in July 2011, someone found skeletons. The exact location is unclear. Report says an Indian Almond tree 5-min walk downslope from Jalan Limau Kastari.

By Rachel Chan

A SHOCKING find was made by two land surveyors last Saturday afternoon when they ventured into a forested area near Tanah Merah MRT station.

The two men discovered a skeleton under a tree in a secluded spot off New Upper Changi Road, Chinese newspapers Lianhe Wanbao and Shin Min Daily News reported yesterday.

When contacted by my paper yesterday, police confirmed that they received a call at about 3.15pm, shortly after the discovery.

The identity of the skeleton and its gender remain a mystery. A blue T-shirt and a pair of white underwear were believed to have been left on the skeleton. A haversack was found nearby.

The remains were surrounded by wads of $5 and $10 notes, believed to amount to more than $1,000, as well as a battered Nokia mobile phone, reported Lianhe Wanbao. The spot where the surveyors stumbled on the skeleton is a five-minute walk downslope from a nearby private estate in Jalan Limau Kastari.

When they came to an Indian almond tree, the land surveyors were shocked to find an exposed skull, and a skeleton partially hidden by fallen leaves. The surveyors said they could not tell whether the bones belonged to a man or a woman.

They also noticed a blue rope tied to a branch 4m above the spot where the remains were found.

Shin Min Daily News reported that more than 20 police officers spent four hours combing an area the size of three basketball courts last Saturday afternoon. Neighbours reportedly detected a foul smell coming from the area two months ago.

Police have classified the case as unnatural death and are investigating.
    http://www.asiaone.com/News/AsiaOne+...04-287343.html
    Yee ha! Did I tickle your funny bone?

Estimated Size Range (Typical Unit) for each unit type:
    Check out here: The Glades
    *subject to change

1br 430sqft, 2br 580sqft

Is this Keppel Land or Fragrance
    Ride at your own risk !!!

Quote Originally Posted by phantom_opera
    1br 430sqft, 2br 580sqft

UV Mark II?

Talking The Glades @ Tanah Merah Latest Update (Siteplan/floorplan/preview date)

The Glades New Upcoming Condo at Tanah Merah

by Keppel Land +China Vanka

Tentative Launch Mid August! -Contact us for more info.

***Pending for Sale Licence Approval
    ***Preliminary info, Subject to change and pending official Info from developer.
    *** Seeking for indicative of Interest Now.
    Location map: Click Picture for more info.

Amenities Nearby

*Next to Tanah Merah MRT Station

*One Station to EXPO (Up Coming 3nd Down Town Line)

*Two Station to Changi Airport.
    *Upcoming Changi Business Park / Paya Lebar Commercial & Business District.
    *Upcoming SUTD (Singapore University of Technology & Design).
    *Shopping & Dining
    more

We are seeking Indicative of Interest Now.

more update (site plan/floor plan/brochure)/ submit your interest for Preview Launch

** HP 8448 3535/ Andy Sek CEA No. R009833J PropNex Realty Pte Ltd Licence No. L3008022J

Quote Originally Posted by phantom_opera
    1br 430sqft, 2br 580sqft

Mmm... Urban Vista (Fragrance) effect on Keppel Land !!!

Casa merah and optima owners must be laughing to the bank now....2 bedroom 580sqft haa haa.

Quote Originally Posted by moneytalk
    From what my folks used to tell me, I think the massacre of chinese civilians by japanese soldiers was at Upper East Coast Road and not The Glade site.

I remember seeing the barren hill when i was a child and my folks would say that chinese civilians were brutally massacred in the area of the hill.

Of course the hill looks completely different now as lots of homes are built on it. I am not so sure of the exact locality but I would think it is in the vicinity of Lucky Heights, The Summit and the The Riviera Residence. If you are interested in the history of Upper East Road, here are the links for you to read:

Aircrash at Upper East Road on 11 Aug 1951
    http://2ndshot.blogspot.sg/2010/02/2...ast-coast.html

World War two at Upper East Coast Road

Location of Bedok Hill massacre site
    Thanks for the valuable information!

I predict another J Gateway in the making,

1650psf into 430 sqft = from 700k
    1550psf into 580 sqft = from 888k

huat ah
    Ride at your own risk !!!

Most of the world have one person dying nearby one lah. I won't care too much if you ask me.

Jia lat. Even Keppel land want to go into these kind of MM units.

URA sleeping?

No 1750psf no sell for MM units.

Casa merah and optima owners must be laughing to the bank now....2 bedroom 580sqft haa haa.
    a 580sqft 2BR........even smaller than my living room........how to squeeze a kitchen, a sofa, 2 rooms and a washing area..........

forgot to add, congrats and good luck to those getting the units facing the MRT track