Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast

Thread: 5-10% borrowers over-leveraged on property purchases: MAS

Quote Originally Posted by 狮子王
    You know what AN EDUCATED young nephew like you told me recently?

He said "wahhhh uncle handsome arh, shake leg a few times in property got a few hundred thousands liao hor ?"

I was thinking , "WTF, you know how much risks I took ?"

If the market is buying property for investment or ownstay, I would certainly be happy. But look at the recent launches, who are BUYING and BUYING UP WHAT ? This group ass-u-me that the rental will pay for their bank loans and at the end of the day, they will get a free property.

Now YOU BELIEVE I GOT THIRD EYE LIAO BO? I can see what's on these people's minds, even your mind if I want to.
    Secretariat, u also got third eye like lion ah

How u get 30% ah??????

Private only about 20% of entire market... Assume 10% over leverage, become 18% smart one according to your definition...

I think the younger generation is the next wave... Don't put them down....

See MM also make way let the younger Lee... And the younger Lee is now looking for successor...

So we the new generation are faster, leaner and stronger than the loa Kok Kok generation....

Lion, u want to challenge me IPPT... I tell u, whistle blow, u stand up, lim peh already 50 meter ahead of you.... Hahahahahaha

When do chin up, I give u chance lar... I use 1 hand lor.....

Please do not belittle the younger generation hor.... If u keep talking down on us, we will step all over u hor... We will plant people to sit in your board and u will soon feel our power. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Wake up your bloody idea private !!!!!

Cheers, u so handsome....
    If they are really smart like me, they would not think like you.

From the way you substantiate your position, I know you are just a young boy born 1970-1980 have not experienced the worse of 1980s (maybe you not born yet ), 1990s, 2008 ( excluded because of QE).

In the property market, the smarter are only like 30%. The rest are mere followers.

The followers see the 30% gets rich very quick, they try to catch up, they cannot then they get jealous and if the bad happens, they will start to create problems like doing crazy things like gambling.

Do not again, ASS-U-ME, the masses will be that intelligent. If they were, there will not be the rich and poor divide.

People like us TOOK HUGE RISKS but sits in an office and make money. The rest of the 70% USED THEIR LABOR to make money. THAT IS THE DIFFERENCE. And that is where the jealousy will begin.

Lion, your prediction next year, please don't tell me that the over leverage will kanna jialat and cause the rest of 90-95% to tumble hor...

Bro Phantom posted something very interesting... Can comment or not???

http://forums.condosingapore.com/showthread.php?t=18368

Remember, never argue with someone else... Win the battle and lose the war.

Quote Originally Posted by princess_morbucks
    Lol...Lion king and Secretariat both use big red fonts, now chestnut is confused.
    Princess,

Only a fool will say that Secretariat is LionKing.

And only a fool can dish out his so-called investment opinions, when what he has been doing with his own money is completely laughable.

He was unable to see property market gathering momentum in 2011, sold his Botannia, forfeited 3-4 years of rental income, and then paid the stamp duties to buy Waterview (in a lesser location according to Ringo's writings on the prospect of JLD), deployed fund there doing nothing.

And yet, today, still unable to see how foolish this whole exercise is.

Is Secretariat LionKing?

Before I left this forum last time, I wrote that I have been in Renotalk forum before posting in this forum. My online identity there is Lauer. Anyone who checked, can see that the writing style of Lauer is the same as Secretariat. Both use a lot of commas in a sentence. Both use would instead of will, could instead of can, to force myself to be low key, to be polite where possible.

When first posting here, I wrote all about risks,when I was vested. In this 2nd appearance, I wrote all about risks also, while clearly mentioned that I have divested. So, what hidden agenda?

When you are in the market, vested, there is nothing you can do about where the prices will go, except hoping that the subsequent buyers are prudent, because a prudent buyer is typically a strong holder. The durability of a bull market is the continual participation of strong holders.

And therefore, you want to write about risks, so that a potential buyer visiting this forum is aware of the present risks in the market.

Why am I writing about risks, having exited a market? It is because, I believe that, when you made a lot of money from someones in a market, you try to return the favors in a small way. You try, until it becomes pointless. And then your conscience is clear, you move on.

This forum has lost some good posters, Leed for example. For someone to post here, it cost him/her at least the time for the effort. We are not paid to write here, we dont owe anyone to write here, we don't have to share our experience.

It cost the reader nothing to read the posts. If you don't like what you see in a post, just ignore the content. You don't have to drive someone out, just because you don't like the post. You can drive ou someone genuinely good, and then the forum is left with fools like Chestnut. From then, everyday you are hearing fools talking, and you can believe what they said one day when you are less careful.

And anyone who dared MAS, guaranteed this or that scenario will happen in certainty no matter what, are obviously fools as well.

This is my last post for this 2nd appearance.

For you, and for others willing to listen. Assess all the risks in a market all the time. The risk curve is in the shape of a saucer. When you buy a property at the market bottom, the risk level is actually the highest, because no one really can tell where is the market bottom. And when prices increase, the risk level curves down, hits the bottom, and then accelerates up again. Saucer shaped.

Good luck to you.

Hi Secretariat,
    A forum is as valuable as its contributors and I respect all who aired their views and have taken the effort to post here.
    I may not agree with everything everyone said but at least the contrary views set me thinking.
    So without diversed views aired, we may all be poorer for it.
    Do post when you can.

Aiyo, all the red colour fond made me so blur lar... Why secretariat jump to conclusion like that....

Princess already said all the red fonts made me confused wat... Somemore someone said mr b back... I was wondering what he/she meant... Then my slow brain started to work and today I then discovered - all the red fonts. Hahahaha

Young people also got delayed activation of brain leh....

Oh, by the way, Botannia sold 2 years ago hor... But u know how many units I have and made money... Hahahahahaha

You sold your unit when ah???? At least forum people when I sold and what I did... Hahahahahaha

Relax lar, I quite dump one lar... You rite lar, I misstep big time lar... I shouldn't have sold my Botannia and forfeited 2 years of rental lar... I should have taken cash back 100k and invested and made more mney with it... Why I so

You are the winner lar.... I admit... I am blur...

I confused u with lion because of font lar... Don't angry lar....

Relax lar bro, be happy.... U sold your unit wat... You rich liao wat... You going to keep all in fd and earn 1 % wat.... Because economy will turn bad soon wat... You rite lar... I wrong lar... Hahahahahaha... I hope u happy... If u still not happy, tell me what can make u happy lor... Hahahaha

Relax lar brudder.... See, I always happy one... I show u my face today ok

Here it it.... Hhahaha

Leed?
    Somebody here said he only talk text book theory?
    That kind not useful. Just read textbook can already.
    & all economists are very rich already if that is useful?

Quote Originally Posted by Secretariat
    Princess,

Only a fool will say that Secretariat is LionKing.

And only a fool can dish out his so-called investment opinions, when what he has been doing with his own money is completely laughable.

He was unable to see property market gathering momentum in 2011, sold his Botannia, forfeited 3-4 years of rental income, and then paid the stamp duties to buy Waterview (in a lesser location according to Ringo's writings on the prospect of JLD), deployed fund there doing nothing.

And yet, today, still unable to see how foolish this whole exercise is.

Is Secretariat LionKing?

Before I left this forum last time, I wrote that I have been in Renotalk forum before posting in this forum. My online identity there is Lauer. Anyone who checked, can see that the writing style of Lauer is the same as Secretariat. Both use a lot of commas in a sentence. Both use would instead of will, could instead of can, to force myself to be low key, to be polite where possible.

When first posting here, I wrote all about risks,when I was vested. In this 2nd appearance, I wrote all about risks also, while clearly mentioned that I have divested. So, what hidden agenda?

When you are in the market, vested, there is nothing you can do about where the prices will go, except hoping that the subsequent buyers are prudent, because a prudent buyer is typically a strong holder. The durability of a bull market is the continual participation of strong holders.

And therefore, you want to write about risks, so that a potential buyer visiting this forum is aware of the present risks in the market.

Why am I writing about risks, having exited a market? It is because, I believe that, when you made a lot of money from someones in a market, you try to return the favors in a small way. You try, until it becomes pointless. And then your conscience is clear, you move on.

This forum has lost some good posters, Leed for example. For someone to post here, it cost him/her at least the time for the effort. We are not paid to write here, we dont owe anyone to write here, we don't have to share our experience.

It cost the reader nothing to read the posts. If you don't like what you see in a post, just ignore the content. You don't have to drive someone out, just because you don't like the post. You can drive ou someone genuinely good, and then the forum is left with fools like Chestnut. From then, everyday you are hearing fools talking, and you can believe what they said one day when you are less careful.

And anyone who dared MAS, guaranteed this or that scenario will happen in certainty no matter what, are obviously fools as well.

For you, and for others willing to listen. Assess all the risks in a market all the time. The risk curve is in the shape of a saucer. When you buy a property at the market bottom, the risk level is actually the highest, because no one really can tell where is the market bottom. And when prices increase, the risk level curves down, hits the bottom, and then accelerates up again. Saucer shaped.

Good luck to you.

Quote Originally Posted by heehee
    Leed?
    Somebody here said he only talk text book theory?
    That kind not useful. Just read textbook can already.
    & all economists are very rich already if that is useful?
    I know leed is good. But why he got all the compliments?

Quote Originally Posted by indomie
    I know leed is good. But why he got all the compliments?
    Brudder, the herds find comfort in numbers lar....

So when u are a bull and there are many bears around, u will look for bulls....

So when u are a bear and there are many bulls around, u will look for a bear...

I like chestnut, indomie, lion king, mcm, ringo, secretariat.

I arrange in alphabetical order, not order of preference.

The other 2 , I like, but seldom post are Laguna and lifeline (again in alphabetical order).

This is my manager talking to me last time:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ltzDV-QQm58

I am of course the handsome one.

Note the blue shirt of the manager representing blue collar and I wore white representing the rich.
    OMG, you are so very the hansome leh!

Quote Originally Posted by leesg123
    Wah.....he really melt my heart.

Agree with you that Leeds was probably driven away from this forum by many vested here who even labelled her as Mr B's clone.

Leeds was fundamentally sound in economic; stayed neutral in her views and backed her arguments with economic fundamentals. Hearing from her is like hearing from DPM Therman.

Leeds' article in this forum in Nov 2012; "Is low interest rate the key to asset bubble?" confirmed the situation Singapore is now facing. Spot on!

http://forums.condosingapore.com/sho...ighlight=Leeds

Another character worth mentioning is vip. Her blog "Property Soul" is enjoyable and with plenty of insights.

The collective contributions from Leeds, vip, Secretariat and few others will always be remembered.

Quote Originally Posted by Secretariat
    Princess,

Good luck to you.

Princess...thanks for mentioning me. How about buttercarp? btw where did she go....

Most of these days im just trolling... my 10 month community service sentence was completed liao last year. Remember I ended with the epic story...

I value and treasure every forummer input here. We can all agree and disagree of opinions but like someone said the diversity of views is essential to the healthiness of discussions in an open forum such as this. Many bros and sis not only provided opinions but backed them up with statistics, analysis and strong argument. I think this is commendable.

It is only when gentlemanly arguments turn into petty cat fights and name calling that it becomes another pain to read. So lets all take a step back and ask ourselves... is it all worth it?

If you have gotten useful info from this forum, I humbly ask all do think about what you can do to keep it alive and well instead of pooping the party after finishing all the cocktail...ok?
    click: 🏢shoeboxmickeymousehouse 🏢

I was thinking , "WTF, you know how much risks I took ?"

If the market is buying property for investment or ownstay, I would certainly be happy. But look at the recent launches, who are BUYING and BUYING UP WHAT ? This group ass-u-me that the rental will pay for their bank loans and at the end of the day, they will get a free property.

brothers here got read the Sunday Times today? It details how one property newbie is profiting from property. What did I tell you guys a few days ago? ( see the big red fonts above ) And see, how accurate my THIRD EYE is in predicting the future and exposing the human nature ?

I agree with brother Secretariat and sister Amber Woods, you just got to tell the new entrants the risks involved, and not sing all songs all day long.

Some here are correct to point out I have No charts or SPREADSHITs to support my arguments. I do not need them, I rely on my GUT feelings and my LAU KOK KOK experience.

Get it ?

And Bye !
    Last edited by 狮子王; 28-07-13 at 14:53.
    Blackjack21trader's 2014 Celestial Prediction: Year of The Crazy Horses. ( Coming This Fall ) www.sglion.com

"Not just one horse, but the whole bloody herd of crazy horses ! "- The Illuminati

Quote Originally Posted by leesg123
    it is because you and sister princess praise I am handsome, that is why I am back in this forum. Not that I am thick skin to say BYE BYE and now come back here again hor !
    Blackjack21trader's 2014 Celestial Prediction: Year of The Crazy Horses. ( Coming This Fall ) www.sglion.com

"Not just one horse, but the whole bloody herd of crazy horses ! "- The Illuminati

Default Some time we can find Diamond in the dirty place

Quote Originally Posted by mcmlxxvi
    Princess...thanks for mentioning me. How about buttercarp? btw where did she go....

Most of these days im just trolling... my 10 month community service sentence was completed liao last year. Remember I ended with the epic story...

I value and treasure every forummer input here. We can all agree and disagree of opinions but like someone said the diversity of views is essential to the healthiness of discussions in an open forum such as this. Many bros and sis not only provided opinions but backed them up with statistics, analysis and strong argument. I think this is commendable.

It is only when gentlemanly arguments turn into petty cat fights and name calling that it becomes another pain to read. So lets all take a step back and ask ourselves... is it all worth it?

If you have gotten useful info from this forum, I humbly ask all do think about what you can do to keep it alive and well instead of pooping the party after finishing all the cocktail...ok?

I totally agree with posting above. I already visit and learn a lot of thing from this forums, since 2008. But I never post any thing I just keep reading and learning from all the posting. From the useful knowledge that I get from this forum I decided to buy 4rm HDB 2009. Because of the reading a lot comments from this forum I also manage to upgrade to buy Condo on 2012. I am not bluffing that I only need 3k cash in order for me to be able to upgrade to condo by selling my 4rm HDB. There will always be good Posting and bad posting. I will just to learn from good posting and ignore bad posting.

Good to know you are one of the winners of this forum. I also started then and have since managed to open up and seize several opportunities.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandiwara
    I totally agree with posting above. I already visit and learn a lot of thing from this forums, since 2008. But I never post any thing I just keep reading and learning from all the posting. From the useful knowledge that I get from this forum I decided to buy 4rm HDB 2009. Because of the reading a lot comments from this forum I also manage to upgrade to buy Condo on 2012. I am not bluffing that I only need 3k cash in order for me to be able to upgrade to condo by selling my 4rm HDB. There will always be good Posting and bad posting. I will just to learn from good posting and ignore bad posting.

I bot my anchorage for 900k in 1994. During that time, the old cocks all say lim peh. Over leverage.
    But at that time, I new generation, I know I will prevail!!!! Hahahaha...

Today the new generation steady leh, what was his reported salary ah??? His parents stay interrace house so surely support him one...

Steady, this people.... Take risk... The older gen must make way for this people lar... Like Fandi Ahmad, Zoe Tay, dick lee - all this people make way for the new breed of stronger solid younger group...

Steady leh....

I am sure my next line will be stronger than all the older gen. I already telling them to have their own thinking. All those oldies don't know about LTE, On-line shopping, new trends like 3d printing, etc.... So I tell them, don't be intimidated when this people talk down and boast about experience. I tell them- u have imagination, more powerful than experience. You are young, u can afford to make mistake... The old cannot afford. I tell them, look at the 100 m Olympic timing. Is is better over the years???

Hahahaha

My dear bros and sis... Look at the stats and tell me the salary over the past few years.

http://www.mom.gov.sg/statistics-pub...ngs-wages.aspx

What do u see???? Increase or decrease???? Got back another 10 years... U will find similar...

Make your own conclusion...

Do you see you money to inflate or deflate???

Remember, as long as you happy, can Liao....

Some people happy keeping money in pillow cases... Some love to keep im FD. Some like to use it to invest... Some like to use it to buy properties. Some like to use it to buy Ferrari....

Up to you. As long as u happy can Liao.

Quote Originally Posted by Amber Woods
    Leeds' article in this forum in Nov 2012; "Is low interest rate the key to asset bubble?" confirmed the situation Singapore is now facing. Spot on!

http://forums.condosingapore.com/sho...ighlight=Leeds

Very good post. sister Leeds should come back here and contribute at this critical juncture.

I agree with her that it is always the 20% that will bring down the 80%. But many stubborn guniangs in this forum simply refused to see the danger of the overlevergers and keep encouraging them to enter the market.

The more of these new joker entrants to the market, the riskier my property investment portfolio will get. Hence also my warning to the new entrants. But alas, see what I get in return ? I AM NO LONGER HANDSOME to all but only to a small group in this forum

I am not creating fear here. I am also not doubting the ability of the new entrant's ability to handle high interest rates. But I suspect the percentage is higher by seeing the recent rush to Jurong area.

People are biting even with such high psf that is equal or higher than some CCR properties. Yet, did this group rush to buy CCR ? No, they did not. You know the reason why?

I know...because I am The Illuminated . But I will let you figure.

Dear Highly Respected PM, this year NDP rally:

I hope you would talk about the danger of over borrowing from the banks. That would be a very very interesting topic. And he can bring up examples of such consequences- That would captivate the audience indeed.

Or he can keep the speech shorter and invite Mr Khaw or Tharman to speak during the rally. In that manner, PM can rest during the second part and enjoy the rally together with us.

A FULL 15 mins or more of this portion of the speech ( by PM, Ah Khaw or Tharman) will DRILL THE MESSAGE EFFECTIVELY ACROSS.

5 mins : PM Introduction and do a bit of explanation on the problem of over borrowing from the banks. Especially the 5% over borrowers. ( remember to show real life examples of asset bubble like Japan,USA or Spain ).

5 mins: Tharman explains how MAS is tackling the problem of overheating property markets and the Cooling Measures and the logic behind.

5 mins: Ah Khaw will present the progress of the supply of HDB into the market and how that will keep the asset value of the middle income group safe and keep supply stable.

I am so proud of all the new gen... Very daring, very smart, very courageous... Willing to fail and get up quickly...

Not like the older gen, so Kia see.... This cannot, that cannot....

The kid climb up ladder. Straight away shout, be careful, don't fall.... we lau, befor the kid can climb, u already scaring the kid and telling the kid, please don't climb

imagine mother bird telling baby bird, you cannot fly one lar

The new generation will bring Singapore to new heights....

Look at the new Lee, look at Tharman... Can compare with The old guards??? YES... Must thank the old guards for trusting the new guards and not talking the down. Must thank the old guard for not keep saying "don't take risk"... Look at MBS... If they didn't take risk, what would have happened???

Some old gen here still cannot see the future

The world just moving too fast for them..... Cannot compete liao....

I hope you would talk about the danger of over borrowing from the banks. That would be a very very interesting topic. And you can bring up examples of such consequences- That would captivate the audience indeed.

Or you can keep the speech shorter and invite Mr Khaw or Tharman to speak during the rally. In that manner, PM can rest during the second part and enjoy the rally together with us.

A FULL 15 mins or more of this portion of the speech ( by PM, Ah Khaw or Tharman) will DRILL THE MESSAGE EFFECTIVELY ACROSS .

5 mins : PM Introduction and do a bit of explanation on the problem of over borrowing from the banks. Especially the 5% over borrowers. ( remember to show real life examples of asset bubble like Japan,USA or Spain ).

5 mins: Tharman explains how MAS is tackling the problem of overheating property markets and the Cooling Measures and the logic behind.

5 mins: Ah Khaw will present the progress of the supply of HDB into the market and how that will keep the asset value of the middle income group safe and keep supply stable.

Quote Originally Posted by Sandiwara
    Can imagine if u did not take a bold move...
    Well done

I hope you would talk about the danger of over borrowing from the banks. That would be a very very interesting topic. And you can bring up examples of such consequences- That would captivate the audience indeed.

Or you can keep the speech shorter and invite Mr Khaw or Tharman to speak during the rally. In that manner, PM can rest during the second part and enjoy the rally together with us.

A FULL 15 mins or more of this portion of the speech ( by PM, Ah Khaw or Tharman) will DRILL THE MESSAGE EFFECTIVELY ACROSS .

Wa... The new gen more powerful hor....

Well done the new gen... Remember, when u earn more, please take care of the older gen hor...

Quote Originally Posted by chestnut
    My dear bros and sis... Look at the stats and tell me the salary over the past few years.

http://www.mom.gov.sg/statistics-pub...ngs-wages.aspx

What do u see???? Increase or decrease???? Got back another 10 years... U will find similar...

Make your own conclusion...

Do you see you money to inflate or deflate???

Remember, as long as you happy, can Liao....

Some people happy keeping money in pillow cases... Some love to keep im FD. Some like to use it to invest... Some like to use it to buy properties. Some like to use it to buy Ferrari....

Up to you. As long as u happy can Liao.

Talking

The new gen - believe in yourself and bring Singapore to the new HEIGHTS. Do not let anyone talk you down!!!!!!!

BELIEVE IN YOURSELF. SINGAPORE DEPENDS ON YOU