Thread: possible effect of AEC 2015 on property market

Default possible effect of AEC 2015 on property market

Quote Originally Posted by lajia
    Bro, if u are not affected by CMs, cash out 1 and buy another cheaper one for rental is correct... , 100% agreeable. But if not, then the ABSD could cost u 2-3yrs of rental... if u are confident of substantial capital increase within the next 2-3 yrs, this approach is still ok...

Otherwise, here's my take for next 3 yrs. this is how I see...

1) while interest might be low, but due to the CMs, and slowing mkt with substantial increase in supply, u should be able to afford waiting for 1 yr. rather than pay ABSD and wasted your rental...as your rental would be offset by ABSD.

2) while many analysts shouting for interest rate increase, I still think we should be safe till 2015 or even beyond. We are into era that we have never experience before for the globe. >>>slow economic growth with prolong high unemployment in Europe & US. China will definitely be slowing as well but with ASEAN increasing number of middle class and spending, we should be cushioned...

3) if by 2014 mid and garmen still have not lift the ABSD, please consider to plunge into the mkt....
    the effect of AEC in 2015 could be overwhelming the supply. By then, it maybe another cheong time that those MTB will continue to be on the sideline. Why? Many should hv accumulate enough ammo during the last 3-4yrs and cannoth wait any longer while the next factor comes from liberalizing of trade, service & HR...
    4) 4key locations would benefits.....

Just my opinion....

To be continue...
    there are reasons why i remain optimistic and here is what i would share with those who are willing to be open... this is purely based on my own analysis and if you think im talking nonsense, just share your views. it would help those who are on the sideline to think deeper...i'm not trying to ask u to plunge in without thinking. whether u should over leverage, or should buy more, or to leave the market, its all your decision....(disclaimer)

1) first of all, prudence is the key in this market and also the sluggishness actually allow those first timer, with cash on hand to act. i mentioned earlier, as we expect slow moving market, you can still afford to wait till mid 2014 whereby we need to observe for more clues before making decision. garmen has use CM to pause the market and what u should observe is, when some key CMs are lifted....end 2014?? garmen also using CMs to see how the global economy moves...

2) when we enter into 2015, what will happen? I think over supply is whats on most of your mind...many BTOs, ppl selling their HDB because their EC TOPs, many activities it seems....so if there is lesser demand, what will happen? only sellers??

3) again, what happen in 2015? we enter into the beginning phase of AEC. What about this AEC? many many challenges, it might take donkey years to transform into what it was intended to be but at least immediately, we can see some impacts >>> Free flow of labour, skilled workers across asean countries, attraction of talents into competitive markets, boost GDP, increase expenditure from increasing middle class income level, huge influx of ppl and so on....if you are in indon, Thai or Phil, where will u go? Of course, Singapore is not good in everything but for sure, Banking, Chemical, Pharma, Medical, Logistic and many more....will be consolidated here because put it this way, in terms of talent attraction, we win, but when it comes to low cost labour, agriculture, manufacturing, we lose...
    looking at the middle class influx to Sin due to better pay prospect, higher value chain services, how does the residential market looks like now? does it brighten your day...

4) but i think, garmen is clever, why? even when they know we will lose manufacturing, they keep it very near to us, and so that we will also boost our distribution and logistic hub, and also keep the MNC with HQ continue to operate here providing service at higher level of the value chain.

5) so what do you think of Iskandar and how will it look like in next few years and out of the total population there, what percentage does low cost labour make up to? who will be there? ...your guess is as good as mine...
    why we need to connect mrt to JB, improve transport in Iskandar? for who? low cost labour? who would need to use the mrt more?

6) back to the influx of middle income class. the key question is, when they come over, where do they stay? are they like expat from US, Europe or Japan? Or they are actually not send by their companies but rather, with qualification, they are just here to look for higher pay career? just imagine.
    now we are not talking about the rich class who is free to move anywhere, anytime and buying CCR. we are talking about middle income class.

7) these influx of ppl, will be able to help out in the rental market, and will also be able to eat up part of the supply. they will stay where their jobs are. which areas?

8) how's the prospect of OCR? What about CCR?? again, your guess is as good as mine...

9) CM should be removed so as to moderate the demand and supply, when? maybe end 2014? so if it happen, take this additional 1 yr for you to accumulate your bullets before u decided to whack ...

enough for now....not here to talk up or talk down the market but just to trigger some thinking and hopefully some of you can share and we learn from there. again, above is just my personal opinion

Hi Respectable Lajia

Thank you for your unselfish sharing

intriguing indeed

Wow, 6.9m will be achieved earlier...

So we should we hold or sell then back bag?
    "Never argue with an idiot, or he will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience."

Sorry, what is AEC?

Quote Originally Posted by mummy
    Sorry, what is AEC?
    Asean Economic Community
    "Never argue with an idiot, or he will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience."

so after AEC, still need to apply for work permits and other passes?

There are still a lot of barriers and differences among the ASEAN countries that need to be iron out. What I can say is, we will attract a lot of talents, especially middle income class or upper...which is why I think the garmen is now playing tough to transform the whole economy and prepare our SMEs to be competitive. If not, it will be dead in no time also...see about those industries that require a lot of low cost labour, they are practically pushing them to Iskandar for eg...

Quote Originally Posted by hopeful
    so after AEC, still need to apply for work permits and other passes?

This topic was not brought up before i think, or maybe i miss it...so just want to give u guys some thinkers before u make your next purchase...

Seems like a lot is not aware of this big transformation...

Quote Originally Posted by Simi
    Hi Respectable Lajia

Thank you for your unselfish sharing

intriguing indeed

truly enjoy your articles are views

i dunno why but somehow lajias post painted me a slightly gloomy picture of local skilled labor taking mrt to iskandar to work....

as a landlord i m happy with influx of middle income ft but as a worker im not so rosy in outlook...
    click: 🏢shoeboxmickeymousehouse 🏢

Same thinking leh.

What shall we do?

What will happen to employment market and property market?

Maybe go Brunei to work better.

In terms of benefits, the AEC effectively means an integrated total consumer base of over 600 million potential customers. This is the most exiting facet of economic integration. Reduction in the cost of moving people and goods across borders will bring a real opening-up of the regional market particularly in terms of hospitality and the MICE sector, where more people in Asia will be encouraged to discover a wider variety of business and leisure destinations at a lower cost. This will result in huge growth in the tourism, hospitality and international business sectors. The lower cost bases will also encourage healthy competition, raising the bar universally on a variety of industries in Asia. It has the potential to increase the appeal of this area for both international business and leisure visitors. Overall, ASEAN Economic Integration is seen as being a highly exciting prospect and many organisations welcome it warmly.

In terms of threats, the ASEAN Economic Community will bring increasing levels of high quality overseas competition to market, so firms with an advanced market position have to ensure that their operations support the maintenance of their position as regional leaders in this regard.

600 millions .... Singapore is less than 1%. Prepare to be boarded.

In terms of property market, I think there is a positive impact and it will either boost or at least support the market. But of course in certain aspect, it might pose as a threat......one man's threat could be another man's opportunity. 危机,危机。。。it always comes together.
    Be optimistic...

Quote Originally Posted by mcmlxxvi
    i dunno why but somehow lajias post painted me a slightly gloomy picture of local skilled labor taking mrt to iskandar to work....

as a landlord i m happy with influx of middle income ft but as a worker im not so rosy in outlook...

Cheong to the roof. Private property will go higher. Buy when price is still stable.

Quote Originally Posted by lajia
    This topic was not brought up before i think, or maybe i miss it...so just want to give u guys some thinkers before u make your next purchase...

Seems like a lot is not aware of this big transformation...
    Not that I know of on this topic

Probably this is one of the reason why Singapore needs another Commercial Hub in the West (2nd link)to be as close as to Iskandar ?

Therefore in another word, we could see a HK Shenzhen type of synergy here. Already we can see many MNCs setting factories over there, like
    Foxconn. Very soon the supporting industries will sprout up.

I think this picture is getting clearer and clearer each passing day
    Commercial and Financial Centre here to support the Manufacturing over at the other side.

When business people visit factories in Shenzhen, where do they go first ?

Answer : Hong Kong

So like wise, when people wants to visit the factories in Iskandar
    they will come to Singapore first

Well Respectable Lajia, am I correct to think of it this way ?

Well I guess it can only be good for us since many more jobs will be created hopefully locals can be up to speed in terms of capability to take them on...

Dont wish to see the day where the only locals one see are the cabbies bellhops waiters and drivers like many advanced tourism and hospitality heavy countries.
    click: 🏢shoeboxmickeymousehouse 🏢

Quote Originally Posted by mcmlxxvi
    Well I guess it can only be good for us since many more jobs will be created hopefully locals can be up to speed in terms of capability to take them on...

Dont wish to see the day where the only locals one see are the cabbies bellhops waiters and drivers like many advanced tourism and hospitality heavy countries.
    Brudder, I go Vegas, LA, NY, Melbourne, Paris, etc... Cabbies mostly foreigners leh????

Recep also mainly foreigners leh????