Thread: Analyst: 9,000 troubled units could be on market

Default Analyst: 9,000 troubled units could be on market

was wondering how they derived at 9k owners

http://sg.finance.yahoo.com/news/ana...043903478.html

Up to 9,000 Singapore private property owners could be forced to sell their homes if interest rates rise in the city-state, according to an analyst report published today.

On the back of news that up to 10 percent of Singapore households may have already over-leveraged their private property purchases beyond the new 60 percent limit that was recently imposed by the Monetary Authority of Singapore (MAS), wealth management firm Religare Enterprises has cautioned its clients to avoid investing in Singapore property developers.

In its ASEAN Property Pulse report released today, the research arm of the India-based firm explained that between 10 -15 percent of borrowers could be in financial trouble should interest rates rise in Singapore.

MAS has reported that between five to 10 percent of Singapore households could have over-extended themselves, fuelled by low interest rates and stretched loan tenures. The majority of mortgage loans in Singapore are floating rate packages, according to the company, which means households will face higher monthly repayments when interest rates normalise.

Religare has predicted that a rise in interest rates could see more than 9,000 financially troubled properties being listed on the market – assuming a figure of 10 percent of the 90,000 private homes that are scheduled to be completed between now and 2016.

The authors of the report said: "Another worrying statistic is that only 70 percent of the loans are for owner-occupied homes, meaning investor demand in private homes is running quite high."

Housing Development Board (HDB) properties and executive condominiums (ECs) have to be purchased for self-occupation, the company noted, so all property investment demand is in the private property sector.

"A little wobble in prices combined with higher interest rates might shake up a few property investors as well and add to the possible troubled units on the market," the report said.

The company has advised its clients to be cautious on the Singapore residential property market and against investing in Singapore property developer shares.

"We expect prices and rents to correct over 2014-15 on the back of completion of more than 90,000 units between 2H 2013 and 2016," it predicted.

What did I tell you IRON TEETH guys 2 days ago ?
    Blackjack21trader's 2014 Celestial Prediction: Year of The Crazy Horses. ( Coming This Fall ) www.sglion.com

"Not just one horse, but the whole bloody herd of crazy horses ! "- The Illuminati

Quote Originally Posted by 狮子王
    Many will act blur and try to be funny and ask me back..."What you tell us? Nothing leh ..."

Tell you what.. be more iron teeth. I have more info and I will not reveal unless more and more praise me that I am very handsome.
    Last edited by 狮子王; 25-07-13 at 10:10.
    Blackjack21trader's 2014 Celestial Prediction: Year of The Crazy Horses. ( Coming This Fall ) www.sglion.com

"Not just one horse, but the whole bloody herd of crazy horses ! "- The Illuminati

u r very handsome?

tis all I remembered pls pardon tis senile old man

Quote Originally Posted by mermaid
    u r very handsome?

tis all I remembered pls pardon tis senile old man
    Read my previous post. Did you see how I can even predict what you are going to reply to me ?

In that case I will let you figure out what what happen next and of course good luck to you, old man.

WOAAHHHEHEHHEHE

骄者必败。

Read my previous post. Did you see how I can even predict what you are going to reply to me ?

In that case I will let you figure out what what happen next and of course good luck to you, old man.

WOAAHHHEHEHHEHE

骄者必败

Be more arrogant. I have a way, but I am not sharing here because encounter too many haolian people in this forum. Going back to my good old club in Padang to share.

Be more arrogant. I have a way, but I am not sharing here because encounter too many haolian people in this forum. Going back to my good old club in Padang to share.
    Many of my club members always praise that although I old liao, I am the most handsome Lion in Singapore. I never dispute this TRUE FACT. I am indeed the most handsome of all in Singapore.

When you are so haolian, people will not share with you when they see you like that.

Good Luck and Bye Bye.

Who the indian research firm reporting??
    click: 🏢shoeboxmickeymousehouse 🏢

Same news over and over again.

In 2009 - Rally won't last
    2010 - Property will drop by 2011
    2011 - Property will drop by 2012
    2012 - Property will drop by 2013
    2013 - 9000 units on the market. Property will drop by 2014.

Reality - Property will drop when economy drop. By when - no one knows. If I know, I will give myself 7 numbers and buy toto.

It will drop when no one believe it will drop...

Indians are generally bias towards Asian, so they usually have nothing good to talk about other Asian economy beside their own country.

So read this with a pinch of salt.
    "Never argue with an idiot, or he will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience."

Quote Originally Posted by Ringo33
    Indians are generally bias towards Asian, so they usually have nothing good to talk about other Asian economy beside their own country.

So read this with a pinch of salt.
    Indians are biased towards or against?

Who is the indian, Andrew Batt ?http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/blog/contributor/18

Maybe you should have said pinch of curry powder to make your (incorrectly identified) race based generalisation complete?

Analyst: 9,000 troubled units could be on market.

The opposite will be 9,000 get to make the most from the transfer of wealth.

Analyst: 9,000 troubled units could be on market.

The opposite will be 9,000 get to make the most from the transfer of wealth.

this 9000 units will probably require about $10bln of cash equity to soak it up. our guesses are as good as each other, come to your own conclusion.

Quote Originally Posted by EBD
    Indians are biased towards or against?

Who is the indian, Andrew Batt ?http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/blog/contributor/18

Maybe you should have said pinch of curry powder to make your (incorrectly identified) race based generalisation complete?
    Did you read the article in full or did you just read the headline and the editor's name?

Not surprising coming from someone who talk about best and worst street but have no explanation about how to apply them in the real world.

Religare Enterprises has cautioned its clients to avoid investing in Singapore property developers.

In its ASEAN Property Pulse report released today, the research arm of the India-based firm explained that between 10 -15 percent of borrowers could be in financial trouble should interest rates rise in Singapore.
    Religare has predicted that a rise in interest rates could see more than 9,000 financially troubled properties being listed on the market – assuming a figure of 10 percent of the 90,000 private homes that are scheduled to be completed between now and 2016.
    "Never argue with an idiot, or he will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience."

Accha EBD??

Ringo bro, I am not an it expert... Can u help set a poll for who thinks property prices will drop within this 2 years... I am interested to find out???maybe something like

1. Prices drop
    2. Price flat
    3. Prices will go up

I want to see the sentiments of the market....

I will buy u coffe hor, paiseh....

Quote Originally Posted by chestnut
    Ringo bro, I am not an it expert... Can u help set a poll for who thinks property prices will drop within this 2 years... I am interested to find out???maybe something like

1. Prices drop
    2. Price flat
    3. Prices will go up

I want to see the sentiments of the market....

I will buy u coffe hor, paiseh....

Chestnut let me teach you how to set up poll

1) Click new thread
    2) Type in the content
    3) Scroll down, checked the poll option and type in number of choices
    4) Click submit thread, which will bring you to poll questions and options
    5) Type in poll questions and the choices,
    6) Click preview or Submit

I have done this one for you.

http://forums.condosingapore.com/showthread.php?t=18359

Quote Originally Posted by Ringo33
    Chestnut let me teach you how to set up poll

1) Click new thread
    2) Type in the content
    3) Scroll down, checked the poll option and type in number of choices
    4) Click submit thread, which will bring you to poll questions and options
    5) Type in poll questions and the choices,
    6) Click preview or Submit

I have done this one for you.

http://forums.condosingapore.com/showthread.php?t=18359
    THANK YOU VERY MUCH...... I owe u one.... U can ask the favour back anytime... Thanks bro