Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: will rental plummet next year in punggol/sengkang?

Quote Originally Posted by Eh
    TS, you heavily vested?
    Hi,

I am not heavily vested. Was thinking of buying a pc in punggol vicinity thou.

Wanted to check at the ground level of ppty owners on their experiences of rental of their units at punggol thou.

Was kaypohing at my friends place few weeks back. He wanted to rent his hdb out, so i hopped along.

I was impressed with the tons of viewers at his flat. Alot of PR's enquired actually. So I got nothing to do, so kpo asked afew of them why they wanted to rent punggol? Afew of them mentioned the following reasons:

1) near their community of expat friends/colleagues
    2) they kinda like the punggol watertown concept ( they say its quiet? wow.. i think they meant at night?)
    3) they stayed at sengkang/hougang vicinity before and now wana try punggol
    4) lastly i guess its the rental price. I tink punggol 'slightly' cheaper then sengkang?

Quote Originally Posted by pod
    With the large numbers of HDB completion/pte condos etc etc what do u guys think about the rental effect in Punggol or Sengkang area?

I am talking about next year onwards.

*esp if u personally own a ppty there, whether punggol or at sengkang . (doesnt matter hdb/pte condo etc)
    I feel tat with supply more than demand, ocr rental will face a certain degree of downward pressure.

CCR will always be CCR.

Hi,

I am not heavily vested. Was thinking of buying a pc in punggol vicinity thou.

Wanted to check at the ground level of ppty owners on their experiences of rental of their units at punggol thou.

Was kaypohing at my friends place few weeks back. He wanted to rent his hdb out, so i hopped along.

I was impressed with the tons of viewers at his flat. Alot of PR's enquired actually. So I got nothing to do, so kpo asked afew of them why they wanted to rent punggol? Afew of them mentioned the following reasons:

1) near their community of expat friends/colleagues
    2) they kinda like the punggol watertown concept ( they say its quiet? wow.. i think they meant at night?)
    3) they stayed at sengkang/hougang vicinity before and now wana try punggol
    4) lastly i guess its the rental price. I tink punggol 'slightly' cheaper then sengkang?
    I see. From what I understand, Indians from India prefer Punggol and Sengkang. Reasons are the flats are not that old and it is on purple line which can bring them to little india quite easily.

For point 3, I think its more like the rental price in Hougang and Sengkang have increased therefore they think Punggol will be cheaper

Purple mrt line goes direct to chinatown and clarke quay too and no need to transfer.

I see. From what I understand, Indians from India prefer Punggol and Sengkang. Reasons are the flats are not that old and it is on purple line which can bring them to little india quite easily.

For point 3, I think its more like the rental price in Hougang and Sengkang have increased therefore they think Punggol will be cheaper
    Hi,

Guess that could be the reason.

Cos punggol has been trailing sengkang rental by $100.00 per month consistently.

Eg. 5rm sengkang at $2.6k and punggol $2.5k pm.

I rented to a Indian family at Sengkang. The guy travel half the time and work from home most of the time and wife not working. The reason he chosen SengKang because both kids study at Kovan - Indian International school.

Hi,

Guess that could be the reason.

Cos punggol has been trailing sengkang rental by $100.00 per month consistently.

Eg. 5rm sengkang at $2.6k and punggol $2.5k pm.

In future this may change with a new international school in punggol as well as foreigners working in selatar rolls royce looking at punggol for stay.

Quote Originally Posted by samsungtay
    I rented to a Indian family at Sengkang. The guy travel half the time and work from home most of the time and wife not working. The reason he chosen SengKang because both kids study at Kovan - Indian International school.
    You mean dps international? Looks like your tenant is from IT industry. How much did you rent to the indian family? If its ok for you to reveal

Wow... i really didnt even know that there is an Indian school in SK.

Thanks for the headsup. No wunder I observed alot of Indian nationalities in PG for the last few visits there.

With NV joining the rental market, rental in Livia for 900-1000sqft 2br already dropped below 3kpm

For those 700-800sqft 2br in NV, around 2.6-2.7kpm

Rental so far still holding strong at better locations
    Ride at your own risk !!!

You mean dps international? Looks like your tenant is from IT industry. How much did you rent to the indian family? If its ok for you to reveal
    I rented $3500 for my 3 bedrooms EC turned PC in Rivervale.

district 19 is too big. Sengkang/Punggol/Buangkok should be one district by itself.

Hougang/Kovan/Serangoon can form another district

I rented $3500 for my 3 bedrooms EC turned PC in Rivervale.
    Thats good. Better hold tight tight. I know I will be holding on to my tenant tight tight

Thats good. Better hold tight tight. I know I will be holding on to my tenant tight tight
    Do you guys think government is giving singles a chance to own super-cheap 2-bedroom BTO in view some of these 'lucky ones' who got it, after 10 year MOP able to rent out while using their current time to save up for a second property? Imagine, $76000 after deducting grant of $60k only need to pay $16k. What is $16k? Is not even consider a sum enough to pay stamp duty for any private condo, yet they can just possess a flat with this small sum of cash, CPF deductible some more. Looks like HDB rentals will face more challenge from 5-10years time, if these singles make it to buy a second property in future.

Quote Originally Posted by Violinbite
    Do you guys think government is giving singles a chance to own super-cheap 2-bedroom BTO in view some of these 'lucky ones' who got it, after 10 year MOP able to rent out while using their current time to save up for a second property? Imagine, $76000 after deducting grant of $60k only need to pay $16k. What is $16k? Is not even consider a sum enough to pay stamp duty for any private condo, yet they can just possess a flat with this small sum of cash, CPF deductible some more. Looks like HDB rentals will face more challenge from 5-10years time, if these singles make it to buy a second property in future.
    It's only a small window I think. MND already claim that they will slow or stop building from 2015.
    The three laws of Kelonguni:

Where there is kelong, there is guni.
    No kelong no guni.
    More kelong = more guni.

Quote Originally Posted by Violinbite
    I have no problem with government giving a chance to singles owning a houuse and make some money at the same time. As for Hdb rentals facing more challenges, I think it depends on the government"s policy. More foreigners working and ataying in singapore means rentals will always be in demand.

Once PLA moves their airbase.. no more Fighter Jet BoomZ BoomZ in punggol/sengkang liao?

lol

Once PLA moves their airbase.. no more Fighter Jet BoomZ BoomZ in punggol/sengkang liao?

lol
    When are they moving?

When are they moving?
    only movable if pap still in reins

Quote Originally Posted by mermaid
    only movable if pap still in reins

Frankly speaking I don't think it will happen within the next 5 years. I will take it and be happy if it happen within 10 years but knowing pap most likely 20 years later.

Frankly speaking I don't think it will happen within the next 5 years. I will take it and be happy if it happen within 10 years but knowing pap most likely 20 years later.
    haha ... juz like yr boss tell u ... do yr best! slog for the coy! I will surely promote u in the future!

When are they moving?
    Changi side the land is kosong now i suppose? so govt can tender out the construction work very fast i tink?

HDB move to tpy also pretty fast. Govt project its really up to them to move. But I wont be surprise if they speed things up cos I suspect that they hate PLA cos of so much restrictions to fly in n out with precision and also to b smacked in the middle of so much public housing.

10 years? lol... jus a guess.. But of cos the latest tune by ppty agents will proly be that to invest in paya lebar while the price is 'low'

Changi side the land is kosong now i suppose? so govt can tender out the construction work very fast i tink?

HDB move to tpy also pretty fast. Govt project its really up to them to move. But I wont be surprise if they speed things up cos I suspect that they hate PLA cos of so much restrictions to fly in n out with precision and also to b smacked in the middle of so much public housing.

10 years? lol... jus a guess.. But of cos the latest tune by ppty agents will proly be that to invest in paya lebar while the price is 'low'
    If it is really within 10 years then it is consider fast already.

Latest HDB ruling... (latest ruling new PRs cannot buy HDB resale within 3yrs)

I think rental market willbe very interesting...

If I am a new converted PR and I cant afford a private condo... I might likely rent long term for the next 3 years....

HDB rental very very very interesting.....

Congrats to all ppty owners... (both pte n hdb)

I am a happy man.

I can rent all my three HDBs and stay in my Mt Sinai peacefully for next 3 years.