Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Competition between new projects to affect rents

Promising for who? I think only this is the most important question:
    Promising for (1) land sellers (eg govt, enbloc), (2) developers, or (3) property investors/owners?

Like Jurong with lots of empty land, good for 1 & 2, not so good for 3 in terms of rental & cap appreciation because too much supply & competition.

Quote Originally Posted by Mu
    No need to panic...

Just chill.....

Pasir Ris is still very promising, and there's a lot of potential for redevelopment .

Quote Originally Posted by Mu
    You are not affected by SSD???
    thats why I used the word "thinking" Can't afford a second condo with the hefty 40% downpayment. I still love palette, the layout and price is attractive. Only downside is the high density...

Condo inflection point reached.

Condo owners/property developers/agents : Ki Ki Ki ah...

Condo dreamers : low low low ah...

Quote Originally Posted by felicia_sg
    Promising for who? I think only this is the most important question:
    Promising for (1) land sellers (eg govt, enbloc), (2) developers, or (3) property investors/owners?

Like Jurong with lots of empty land, good for 1 & 2, not so good for 3 in terms of rental & cap appreciation because too much supply & competition.
    Jurong's land are mostly for business use.
    https://www.ura.gov.sg/uramaps/?conf...&preopen=Sales Of Plans&saleIndex=1

Jurong East, Jurong West and Clementi residential units stand to benefit from the further developments deep in Tuas and Jurong Island areas.

Exactly...I wonder is she a Singaporean when she say Jurong got a lot of empty land?? For residential?

Quote Originally Posted by hyenergix
    Jurong's land are mostly for business use.
    https://www.ura.gov.sg/uramaps/?conf...&preopen=Sales Of Plans&saleIndex=1

Jurong East, Jurong West and Clementi residential units stand to benefit from the further developments deep in Tuas and Jurong Island areas.

Quote Originally Posted by lajia
    Exactly...I wonder is she a Singaporean when she say Jurong got a lot of empty land?? For residential?
    Recent land bids (pte condo and ECs) near JLD are breaking records. Moreover the bids are quite aggressive by many developers. These developers must have done a lot of homework on the potential of the area because the stakes are very high in the midst of cooling measures.

Quote Originally Posted by radha08
    consolation prize got oveseaes family school coming up in drive 3

http://www.ofs.edu.sg/
    but the heart attack bomb is tat the total number of oveseas family school is far way less den the total number of units in NV resi+ Palatte + Dnest + CDL last plot of land + stratum + Vue 8 leh

not forgetting the plot of new land nearest to the mrt is reserved for residential site

if buying for ownstay still a gd bargain la ...

Recent land bids (pte condo and ECs) near JLD are breaking records. Moreover the bids are quite aggressive by many developers. These developers must have done a lot of homework on the potential of the area because the stakes are very high in the midst of cooling measures.
    gd for EC to break the record.
    liddat den can force the govt to put an end to tis type of subsidised housing so as to be fair to pte ppty owners!

Quote Originally Posted by mermaid
    gd for EC to break the record.
    liddat den can force the govt to put an end to tis type of subsidised housing so as to be fair to pte ppty owners!
    I agree. Subsidy for EC is absurb. The subsidy should be channelled to lower income groups so that they can have a roof over their head.

I agree. Subsidy for EC is absurb. The subsidy should be channelled to lower income groups so that they can have a roof over their head.
    honestly the only way to hv affordable housing in Singapore:

1. Disallowed ppty owners to own HDB flat.
    2. Stop building EC which is unfair to pte market.
    3. Disallow HDB to be rented out as the main purpose of a HDB is to provide affordable housing to citizens.

only den can govt really delink resale HDB $ from the pte market.

teddybear is offline Global recession is coming....

You don't understand how developers' think...
    Tell you how they think: Bid for a GLS land, quickly launch and sell out to about 60-70% to break-even point to pass the babies (ops, also the RISKS!) to the buyers, the rest are just pure profits! So, they don't have to see far, just 6-12 months ahead enough already. So, JLD record breaking bids, potentials etc need only be good for 6-12 months for developers, but will need to be at least 5 years or even more for buyers to cover SSD & ABSD etc costs (assuming that the price is up and not down)!

Quote Originally Posted by teddybear
    You don't understand how developers' think...
    Tell you how they think: Bid for a GLS land, quickly launch and sell out to about 60-70% to break-even point to pass the babies (ops, also the RISKS!) to the buyers, the rest are just pure profits! So, they don't have to see far, just 6-12 months ahead enough already. So, JLD record breaking bids, potentials etc need only be good for 6-12 months for developers, but will need to be at least 5 years or even more for buyers to cover SSD & ABSD etc costs (assuming that the price is up and not down)!
    Maybe. But you are not a developer, so I take your info with a pinch of salt. The group of developers who bidded high and fairly close to one another seems to be a more reliable gauge of the potential of the area.

teddybear is offline Global recession is coming....

What make you think I cannot be a developer?
    Tell you, the group of developers are all looking ahead by max about 12 months only! After that, it is not their business whether the property prices go up or down because they already transferred the "babies" and the price RISKS to the buyers!

In fact, property market crash is better for the strong muscles developers because construction costs will go down significantly (they get to earn extra money!), they can start to buy and hog land at much much cheaper prices (which they can't do so now)!

Maybe. But you are not a developer, so I take your info with a pinch of salt. The group of developers who bidded high and fairly close to one another seems to be a more reliable gauge of the potential of the area.

I agree. Subsidy for EC is absurb. The subsidy should be channelled to lower income group so that they can have a roof over their head.
    Remove the Subsidy for EC - there will still be demand for ECs without the subsidy.

Quote Originally Posted by rymccondo77
    Remove the Subsidy for EC - there will still be demand for ECs without the subsidy.
    without subsidy, EC will cease to exist. only HDB n pte condo.

Quote Originally Posted by mermaid
    without subsidy, EC will cease to exist. only HDB n pte condo.
    Not only subsidy for purchase, the land itself is also HEAVILY subsidised by being sold much cheaper to developer as it has been earmarked for EC.

Quote Originally Posted by leesg123
    Not only subsidy for purchase, the land itself is also HEAVILY subsidised by being sold much cheaper to developer as it has been earmarked for EC.
    my subsidy refers to both developers n buyers wor