Page 1 of 9 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: 18 of August

Default 18 of August

SINGAPORE: Healthcare, education, and housing -- these are the top three concerns that emerged from the Our Singapore Conversation (OSC), and they will be taken up "substantively" by Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong at the National Day Rally on August 18

Guess will our PM said:

- HDB back to basic? No more EC I guess. That the reason govn delay the launch of EC?
    - any more??

Quote Originally Posted by Tan80000
    SINGAPORE: Healthcare, education, and housing -- these are the top three concerns that emerged from the Our Singapore Conversation (OSC), and they will be taken up "substantively" by Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong at the National Day Rally on August 18

Guess will our PM said:

- HDB back to basic? No more EC I guess. That the reason govn delay the launch of EC?
    - any more??
    I am guessing there will be very little positive news for property as government will focus on narrowing gaps between the haves and have not.

I am guess that they will touch on COE.
    "Never argue with an idiot, or he will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience."

Future MRT stations are not build for fun one and not to house ghosts also.
    Jurong site and Defu development are not build for ghosts also.
    Tengah and other new towns coming up.
    BE PREPARE FOR POPULATION INCREASE.

Guess will our PM said:

- any more??
    Think the govt may make revisions to the EC scheme (e.g. remove the subsidies) but don' think they will stop it.

if hdb back to basic, who want to buy? I think better ask garmen to rent out better...

The could possible be cooling measures for HDB for sure because PAP direction for this year is about reaching out to those left behind, while trying to pull back on those who have gone too far ahead.
    "Never argue with an idiot, or he will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience."

Summary of what PM will be tackling.

Those earning 7k and above, dont bother.

I tink he will touch on the developmt of the various new towns.
    usually will not cover bad news so I dun tink he will mention curbs on ECs nhdb.

i think he will give a lot of goodies to those below certain income.

that's it...

Income pegged to low income.

I tink can't rent out hdb as you like, only old folks without income can rent out!!! Tat will be cool!

I think more goodies for median income family.

Did you see how the china Chinese exploits the sublet rules which makes $ by letting out to 22 people in a 4-room flat for a total of $5500/mth.
    Quote Originally Posted by henryhk
    I tink can't rent out hdb as you like, only old folks without income can rent out!!! Tat will be cool!

Quote Originally Posted by DC33_2008
    Did you see how the china Chinese exploits the sublet rules which makes $ by letting out to 22 people in a 4-room flat for a total of $5500/mth.
    Locals also like tat, as long people can make $, they will do it.....tats why people here v rich, many abuse the hdb lor ......I one of the stupid one rent out condo and stay in hdb ......

Locals also like tat, as long people can make $, they will do it.....tats why people here v rich, many abuse the hdb lor ......I one of the stupid one rent out condo and stay in hdb ......
    I also live in hdb, rent out condo... Why is it consider as stupid

Things are getting out of hands. Wonder what is hdb doing? I know some people also partition out condos and rent out to multi-tenants.

Quote Originally Posted by taggy
    I also live in hdb, rent out condo... Why is it consider as stupid
    Who got condo dont want stay, go stay hdb......only under circumstances then no choice.....long story, but nver regret lah, ....the condo rental help me to accumulate two more units, see who want to rent lor next time....

The big push is for HDB flats to back to basic. Hence, the likely change is that effective 19 Aug 2013, anyone who purchase a HDB flat be it new or resale must stay in the HDB flat. They can invest in private properties after the MOP period, however, they must continue to stay in their HDB flats. They can rent out rooms but not the whole flat.

Private property owners can buy new or resale HDB flats but they must stay in their HDB flats.

This policy change will ensure that prices of HDB flats remain affordable by not allowing people to trade their HDB flats for huge profits since the rental of HDB flats is not longer allowed.

With people now having to stay in their HDB flats, those HDB flat owners who also own or invested in private properties will now have to rent out their private properties instead of their HDB flats. Hence, the number of rented flats be it HDB or private should not be affected unless people choose to leave their HDB flats empty and continue to stay in their private flats.

This policy change will affect those who purchase private flats and hoping to rent out their HDB flats. However, this same group of people will now have to rent out their private flats instead. So the impact if any is minimal. The impact on the rental market is also minimal. Rental for private flats will also be moderated since more private flats are now in the market with the same number of rental HDB flats taken out of the market.

I dun think govn will allow private to own HDB again. They hv announced that this is a permanent rule n will not be reversed.

unlikely anything that is perceived to be CM

60LH option for 3r hdb
    Ride at your own risk !!!

I dun think govn will allow private to own HDB again. They hv announced that this is a permanent rule n will not be reversed.
    The unfairness now is that HDB flat owners can buy private flats after the MOP. Unless this unfairness is addressed, the policy may reverse but with private property owners now having to stay in their HDB flats if they own both.

Quote Originally Posted by phantom_opera
    unlikely anything that is perceived to be CM

60LH option for 3r hdb
    I think so too in order to bring HDB 3r price down 30%. but I hope is 70LH.

Quote Originally Posted by Amber Woods
    The unfairness now is that HDB flat owners can buy private flats after the MOP. Unless this unfairness is addressed, the policy may reverse but with private property owners now having to stay in their HDB flats if they own both.
    it is not about "unfairness" which is very vague.

I think the main problem of restricting private property owners from buying HDB comes from the fact that you allow HDB owners to buy private.

Having such a lopsided policy really pushed HDB prices up by a lot in the recent years since most HDB owners will now no longer sell their HDB when they upgrade to private properties....

That is just plain stupid as the government was trying to moderate resale prices but ended up doing the exact opposite.

To me it is a policy mistake, and an obvious one. Now is whether they are going to fix it.

Quote Originally Posted by Amber Woods
    The unfairness now is that HDB fat owners can buy private flats after the MOP. Unless this unfairness is addressed, the policy may reverse but with private property owners now having to stay in their HDB flats if they own both.
    I know that too. But I think this is our citizen privilege to own HDB n follow by private if we can affort. We hv to pay a heavy stamp duties in order to hv both.

I know that too. But I think this is our citizen privilege to own HDB n follow by private if we can affort. We hv to pay a heavy stamp duties in order to hv both.
    Agree that every citizen should be allowed to buy HDB flat and live in it. If HDB flat owners want to upgrade and LIVE in private flats, there should not be any restriction as long as they sell off their HDB flats so as not to deprive others from owning one. However, if HDB flat owners want to invest in private properties, they must continue to live in their HDB flats and rent out their private properties instead.

Guess will our PM said:

- any more??
    My take is

1) EC program will expand so that new GLS will have 80% EC, and 20% Private Condo.
    2) EC will not be upgraded to "condo" status after 10years, so that resale EC will solely for Singaporeans and PRs even after 10 years of TOP. By doing so, foreigners will not compete with Singaporeans/PRs for ECs, hence the widening EC pool will remain more in tune with Singaporeans salary, rather than foreigners wallet.

1) & 2) will keep the Singaporean middle class happy so that more of them can aspire to "condo-style living" lifestyle.

3) A "exit tax" is levied on PRs who sold their HDBs and gave their PR-ship subsequently.

4) To make HDB more like "home", less "asset", only retirees can fully rent out their whole HDBs (i.e. treat it as asset to support their retirement), while the rest of HDB-owners have to stay in HDB (i.e. treat it like a home), and cannot sublet like an asset.

If govt will to stop HDB rental, many fellow singaporeans who are renting out their HDB to pay for their PC will be affected. Believe govt will take that into considerations before any drastic announcement as people livelihood at stake here hence they have not been doing anything much all this while even blatantly know that many are waiting to apply for their whole HDB renting out once their PC is ready.

Let's see if anything of such will be announced, but many of my agent friends mentioned unlikely the govt will stop HDB whole unit rental.

Quote Originally Posted by k00L
    My take is

1) EC program will expand so that new GLS will have 80% EC, and 20% Private Condo.
    2) EC will not be upgraded to "condo" status after 10years, so that resale EC will solely for Singaporeans and PRs even after 10 years of TOP. By doing so, foreigners will not compete with Singaporeans/PRs for ECs, hence the widening EC pool will remain more in tune with Singaporeans salary, rather than foreigners wallet.
    1) & 2) will keep the Singaporean middle class happy so that more of them can aspire to "condo-style living" lifestyle.
    Same view, 1)EC program will be expand aggresively, 2)EC will not be upgraded to "condo" status for more years.
    Public housing will become just a home, going back to basis, not an asset anymore. Something you will never see in country like HK..

Quote Originally Posted by flxcat
    If govt will to stop HDB rental, many fellow singaporeans who are renting out their HDB to pay for their PC will be affected. Believe govt will take that into considerations before any drastic announcement as people livelihood at stake here hence they have not been doing anything much all this while even blatantly know that many are waiting to apply for their whole HDB renting out once their PC is ready.

Let's see if anything of such will be announced, but many of my agent friends mentioned unlikely the govt will stop HDB whole unit rental.
    People in this group can always rent out their private flats and continue to live in their HDB flats. They probably can get higher rental than renting out their HDB flats. The policy change if any is exactly to stop this group of people who are depriving the more needy a more affordable HDB flat.