Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Floridian (D21, FH, Orchard Parade (Far East) / Wing Tai JV)

Quote Originally Posted by august
    after terrene's 1250psf suddenly Hillvista seems acceptable ~

did u see park natura? is imo at a better location than hillvista
    err..nvr visit park natura b4...jus did a chk over the internet...feel tat hillvista better...the layout at hillvista really efficient and functional with min wastage...baywindows also not as wide as those newly TOP projects...

prices similar... hillvista nearer to future MRT, unblock views, and nicer address without HDB stigma...lol

Quote Originally Posted by devilplate
    err..nvr visit park natura b4...jus did a chk over the internet...feel tat hillvista better...the layout at hillvista really efficient and functional with min wastage...baywindows also not as wide as those newly TOP projects...

prices similar... hillvista nearer to future MRT, unblock views, and nicer address without HDB stigma...lol
    nearest mrt for natura will be the beauty world station.. nearest for hillvista should be the cashew one, i think natura is better in this aspect already. Also natura opposite is greenery not built up condos ~

just sharing some thoughts lah

edit: yes natura cheaper too ~

Quote Originally Posted by august
    nearest mrt for natura will be the beauty world station.. nearest for hillvista should be the cashew one, i think natura is better in this aspect already. Also natura opposite is greenery not built up condos ~

just sharing some thoughts lah
    ya..no worries...

but hor: 3bedder in hillvista ard 1.2xmil and natura ard 1.5mil asking now...tats another consideration too

btw, hillvista one side facing condo...another side facing unblock greenary too...but duno wil be block in future anot..FEO agt say will be building NEWATER underground just opposite hillvista open green field.

i saw one 1.4xmil for natura..cheapest unit? tink so

Smile Floridian : best in the vicinity because

Hi

Could you offer thoughts on why Floridian sets itself apart from other condos in that particular stretch of B. T. ?

Myself find interesting fact it's not facing busy road,
    Good floor plan and the 7 Pools.

Not so good would be price and location not so close to mrt.

lol, near mrt. newer and better.

Nicer address: when I saw the place sometime ago, agent pointed out your address would be no 1 Elizabeth Drive (as in QE?). I suppose this could matter a lot to some people and not to others who don't require this to be validated.
    I remember that land was quite small (approx 80,000sg ft if I remember correctly) with small pool, units were also relatively small compared with park natura (which is on a huge piece of freehold land): I supposed quantum would be cheaper. Still saw some remnants of what appear to be light industrial area.

Quote Originally Posted by livenlove
    Nicer address: when I saw the place sometime ago, agent pointed out your address would be no 1 Elizabeth Drive (as in QE?). I suppose this could matter a lot to some people and not to others who don't require this to be validated.
    I remember that land was quite small (approx 80,000sg ft if I remember correctly) with small pool, units were also relatively small compared with park natura (which is on a huge piece of freehold land): I supposed quantum would be cheaper. Still saw some remnants of what appear to be light industrial area.
    agree....the poolsize of hillvista barely meet my min requirement

i was actually commenting the pool so small in front of the agt...she say its sufficient for 100+units...well...listen to such reasoning till i oredi

anyway, just duno y...the feeling is good when i visit their completed units on the ground flr. luckily i din bring my chq bk along tat day

This is one of their better ones in terms of sales result.
    84 out of 127 sold. Quite good in view of the asking price.. 66%

In deciding which FEO projects to buy, look for FEO projects with better take up rates.... they will give you a better chance of making some money. May not always big bucks but well, at least you gain some and with a high chance of success...

In all other projects.... the best take up rates (completely sold ones) are the best bet to win. Even those are not guaranteed to be winners but they have a very high chance of success... get it?

The address is crap lah. Might as well name the project, Queen's Palace together with no 1 Elizabeth... then it will be Queen Elizabeth Palace at Bukit time liao.

Default Floridian

Floridian show flat quite packed in past 2 months upon launching of Cascadia. It seems from Apr to June about 50 units sold noted my agent.

Thanks for the update. Just curious whats your take.
    Last time I saw the place, maybe early this year, was quoted around $1500+ psf for a upper floor pool facing unit of approx 1400qft 3brm. Thought it was on the expensive side at that time. Has the price moved, are better units being released or is there becoming acceptance of high/higher prices.

Quote Originally Posted by satomilton
    Floridian show flat quite packed in past 2 months upon launching of Cascadia. It seems from Apr to June about 50 units sold noted my agent.

Talking recent transactions

In past 2 months they started sales of new towers which are considered premium ones. That may also explained reason for uptrend in prices , as units sold were from these more expensive towers.

3bdrm 1650 sqr feet last 2 transactions were in the 1526 and 1511 psf range (upper floors).

The 2 bedroom900 sqr ft last 2 transactions were 1758 psf and 1672 psf (6 and 7th floors).

But most impressive to me was the May 10 transaction of 4bdroom 1850 sqrft at 1707 psf (3rd floor). Thats a $3.2 mil unit!

Cheers,

Thanks for the update. Just curious whats your take.
    Last time I saw the place, maybe early this year, was quoted around $1500+ psf for a upper floor pool facing unit of approx 1400qft 3brm. Thought it was on the expensive side at that time. Has the price moved, are better units being released or is there becoming acceptance of high/higher prices.

Default recent transac

latest transaction posted today:

psf sqr ft $total sale date
    $1,680 1851 $3110k 23-Jun-10

Tks for update.
    Wow now so bullish for this area and this condo. Perhaps Cascadia a bit of a dissapointment and Terrene furhter up already quite close to it in $.
    3rd quater last year this price was for another FEO project at Cyan near Balmoral for a 1550sqft 3brm unit.
    Prices are moving quite fast it seems-humm?

latest transaction posted today:

psf sqr ft $total sale date
    $1,680 1851 $3110k 23-Jun-10

Default Hi

Besides overall strenght in the property mkt in Singapore, I think there is also another factor in play for Floridian. FEO was still not selling their marked premium towers and units. They have started to do so no. These premium units have a steeper list price.

Tks for update.
    Wow now so bullish for this area and this condo. Perhaps Cascadia a bit of a dissapointment and Terrene furhter up already quite close to it in $.
    3rd quater last year this price was for another FEO project at Cyan near Balmoral for a 1550sqft 3brm unit.

FEO too rich!

too much cash....slowly sell

Tks for update.
    In May 2009, I was quoted by FEO around $1,170-1,180 psf for a couple of 2-bedder (between 840-893 sq ft) facing Nexus. Found it to be expensive then.

Now it is $1,600 psf and for big units somemore . If smart and bought it then, 米桶 already man

Quote Originally Posted by wesing
    In May 2009, I was quoted by FEO around $1,170-1,180 psf for a couple of 2-bedder (between 840-893 sq ft) facing Nexus. Found it to be expensive then.

Now it is $1,600 psf and for big units somemore . If smart and bought it then, 米桶 already man
    tats y we shdnt avoid all FEO projects...if enter their projects at right timing...they easily push up ur valuations later on

so many past examples oredi

see....

it doesn't matter which developer, what quality, what design, what location, as long as you can sell to the next buyer at a higher price.

No logic needed, just need a sharp eye to chose correctly. LH FH WTF!

Just received an e-mail from FEO that choice 2+study apartments (904 to 958 sq ft) available for sale from around $1,600 psf

Default whats to avoid?

FEO can ask any price they want, its up to buyers decide which price to accept . at the end the mkt rate prevails .

if FEO has been able to consistently push up prices towards end of their marketing campain , that s good for them and for those who bought at early stages. And for sure something other developers will want to try to follow.

tats y we shdnt avoid all FEO projects...if enter their projects at right timing...they easily push up ur valuations later on

so many past examples oredi

Default Recent transactions- average last 15 sales

made some calculations to see price trend. taking last 15 transactions( why 15? no reason , besides trying to smooth avg out).

stands now at 1605 psf including all sales (2,3 and 4 bdrm).

last transacted:
    address/psf/area sqft/quantum/sale date
    977 Bukit Timah Road #06-33 Freehold $1,758 904 $1589k 29-Jun-10
    969 Bukit Timah Road #10-17 Freehold $1,590 1679 $2670k 30-Jun-10
    969 Bukit Timah Road #10-16 Freehold $1,595 1658 $2644k 6-Jul-10
    977 Bukit Timah Road #08-33 Freehold $1,785 926 $1652k 12-Jul-10

Sorry ah, I don't really keep track of Floridian prices. So is this trending up or down?

made some calculations to see price trend. taking last 15 transactions( why 15? no reason , besides trying to smooth avg out).

stands now at 1605 psf including all sales (2,3 and 4 bdrm).

last transacted:
    address/psf/area sqft/quantum/sale date
    977 Bukit Timah Road #06-33 Freehold $1,758 904 $1589k 29-Jun-10
    969 Bukit Timah Road #10-17 Freehold $1,590 1679 $2670k 30-Jun-10
    969 Bukit Timah Road #10-16 Freehold $1,595 1658 $2644k 6-Jul-10
    977 Bukit Timah Road #08-33 Freehold $1,785 926 $1652k 12-Jul-10
    WOW! 1785psf !

WOW! 1785psf !
    based on such prices, no wonder terrene can fetch 1300psf.
    Floridian really setting the market prices here.
    Still got upside?

Default trend moving average of 15 transactions

Quote Originally Posted by jencrs
    Sorry ah, I don't really keep track of Floridian prices. So is this trending up or down?
    Hi,

pulling from transacted prices, the trend is as follows for average prices:
    June 09- 1220 psf
    Dec 09- 1375 psf
    May 10- 1550 psf

Default Upside

Quote Originally Posted by Mongoose
    based on such prices, no wonder terrene can fetch 1300psf.
    Floridian really setting the market prices here.
    Still got upside?
    Hi,

It seems about 90-100 units left for sale out of 336 ttl. Since most of these units left are the "premium" ones, think upside is there just because these are units with special features. But also developer just started selling the premium tower facing main pool. These are huge 4+1 units 2400 srft I think. So psf might come down because of that.

Also interesting to see how willing FEO will be to sell remainder inventory at lower bids or just hold them til TOP (end 2011).

Let me know if you see it differently

Default First transaction for the 4 bdrm unit - more than $4 mil! 1846psf$

Wow, just saw in recent transactions:
    Address
    Tenure
    PSF
    Area Sqft
    Price
    Contract Date
    971 Bukit Timah Road #10-22
    Freehold
    $1846
    $4133k
    15 Jul 10

Hi,

pulling from transacted prices, the trend is as follows for average prices:
    June 09- 1220 psf
    Dec 09- 1375 psf
    May 10- 1550 psf
    The recent massive flood at Bukit Timah Road may have an impact on the pricing. The worst hit will be Tessarina. Floridian will not be flooded as it is on high ground but people staying there will have a problem to go out via Bukit Timah Road (the only way out).

Hi I have been living at maplewoods for past 3 months. Acess from Floridian will be similar. Really no issues found.

To go out to Bukit Timah is fine . Also plus is fact we can avoid Bukit timah altogether by turning first left on Blackmore rd to old Holland Rd . Or take 2nd left to Clementi rd to AYE.

I normally use bukit timah on weekends and use old holland road on weekdays.

Floods- In the vicinity, talking to friends at Nexus, Blossomvale , Casa Esperanza, no floods reported there. Also I can give personal "testemony" that no issues at Maplewoods as well.

Attractiveness of the area- wish was not that high. Putting my daughter through primary one registration this yr was quite a challenge as schools in BT area have hit record applicants for 1 and 2 click. (See MOE stats).

Quote Originally Posted by BB
    The recent massive flood at Bukit Timah Road may have an impact on the pricing. The worst hit will be Tessarina. Floridian will not be flooded as it is on high ground but people staying there will have a problem to go out via Bukit Timah Road (the only way out).

Hi I have been living at maplewoods for past 3 months. Acess from Floridian will be similar. Really no issues found.

To go out to Bukit Timah is fine . Also, a big plus is fact we can avoid Bukit timah altogether by turning first left on Blackmore rd to old Holland Rd . Or take 2nd left to Clementi rd to AYE. That will be important to me in future when mrt digging at bukit timah starts full swing.

I normally use bukit timah on weekends and use old holland road on weekdays.

Floods- In the vicinity, talking to friends at Nexus, Blossomvale , Casa Esperanza, no floods reported there. Also I can give personal "testemony" that no issues at Maplewoods as well.

Attractiveness of the area- wish was not that high. Putting my daughter through primary one registration this yr was quite a challenge as schools in BT area have hit record applicants for 1 and 2 click. (See MOE stats).

Quote Originally Posted by BB