Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Nathan Residences (D10, Freehold, Tat Aik)

yes i been there many times.. I personally dont find that area a good investment choice given so many MMs, conjestion at night and at this current psf. Unless you bot it at a relatively low price previously with potentially good rental yield.

Where there are amenities and eateries, there is bound to be some traffic snarl anywhere. This will be the pros and cons of life. Nathan road is much further away from this jam. I find this area very prime and exclusive.

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by blessy888
    Where there are amenities and eateries, there is bound to be some traffic snarl anywhere. This will be the pros and cons of life. Nathan road is much further away from this jam. I find this area very prime and exclusive.
    I totally agreed. Personally I find rv area lots of potential. The community here mainly expats with majority jap. We r 2 min away from orchard district and 2 min to tiong bahru. There is combination of pre war shophouses, nice eatery, good shopping, the biggest varieties of fresh produce in cold storage in GW and cinema, Singapore river leading to fine dining etc.

Nathan is a good investment but looking at the year it was launched it is still not built up. Personally I prefer Kim Seng and Zion being just a stone throw away to amenties but shanghai and Nathan are just fine.

I assume u bgt Nathan during second phase launch around 1200psf

Quote Originally Posted by jezz
    I totally agreed. Personally I find rv area lots of potential. The community here mainly expats with majority jap. We r 2 min away from orchard district and 2 min to tiong bahru. There is combination of pre war shophouses, nice eatery, good shopping, the biggest varieties of fresh produce in cold storage in GW and cinema, Singapore river leading to fine dining etc.

Nathan is a good investment but looking at the year it was launched it is still not built up. Personally I prefer Kim Seng and Zion being just a stone throw away to amenties but shanghai and Nathan are just fine.

You said Novena is unglamorouse and sicky, but Nathan is glamorouse meh?? Your oppinion is viased to this area without balanced proofs.

Quote Originally Posted by trump7
    You said Novena is unglamorouse and sicky, but Nathan is glamorouse meh?? Your oppinion is viased to this area without balanced proofs.
    well, i have been staying in novena for almost 6 yrs. i'm happy at RV currently at least it serves what i needed most - short drive to cbd where i work.

in my last apt where i stayed in novena, there are few MM units which the owner tenanted to rich indonesians seeking for medical treatment in sin. they changed tenants every 6-9 months. being an old-fashioned chinese which i confessed, i believed in good fengshui - at least staying away from the medical hub

yeah, there's no provened rv is good district but at least i am pleased with the well balanced mix of expats and locals.

in novena, you tend to see more rich locals parents tending to their kids in the malls as most good pri schools are around in that region

well, i have been staying in novena for almost 6 yrs. i'm happy at RV currently at least it serves what i needed most - short drive to cbd where i work.

in my last apt where i stayed in novena, there are few MM units which the owner tenanted to rich indonesians seeking for medical treatment in sin. they changed tenants every 6-9 months. being an old-fashioned chinese which i confessed, i believed in good fengshui - at least staying away from the medical hub

yeah, there's no provened rv is good district but at least i am pleased with the well balanced mix of expats and locals.

in novena, you tend to see more rich locals parents tending to their kids in the malls as most good pri schools are around in that region
    u sold ur novena ppty? or rent it out?

wow... an absolutely ah neh sounding development

Quote Originally Posted by devilplate
    u sold ur novena ppty? or rent it out?
    hee...i sold mine novena...otherwise i couldnt afford one in rv. rented out in another d12.

u seen the boutiq at killiney?

hee...i sold mine novena...otherwise i couldnt afford one in rv. rented out in another d12.

u seen the boutiq at killiney?
    nope...launched liao ar?

nope...launched liao ar?
    haven check out but classified been selling that proj leh

i like killiney for its mix of shophses too and it is still walking dist to somerset mrt. definitely not for the high psf

anyone seen attitude? wanna look at the interior, any one photos to share?

The problem you quoted is not the problem with Novena, but the problem is with MM units renting out at cheap absolute rental!
    Novena is a big area, not all properties right beside the hospitals, and not all properties you see these sick people staying to seek treatment. That is why for own stay, always opt for those condo with NO UNIT <700 sqft! This will eliminate all those problems you mentioned.

teddybear is offline Global recession is coming....

Frankly speaking, RV area at Nathan Road and Shanghai Road really no eye see. Looks quite a slum to me. The place never give me the impression of a CCR high-class area. Could it be the old and ugly and ill-maintained shophouses, the narrow road with many car illegally parked all over the place or ???
    The name "Nathan Road" so
    "Shanghai Road" really wonder who name that?

Quote Originally Posted by teddybear
    Frankly speaking, RV area at Nathan Road and Shanghai Road really no eye see. Looks quite a slum to me. The place never give me the impression of a CCR high-class area. Could it be the old and ugly and ill-maintained shophouses, the narrow road with many car illegally parked all over the place or ???
    nearby jervois better feel?

teddybear is offline Global recession is coming....

Isn't Jervois in Alexandra? (I always have this impression, RCR?).

nearby jervois better feel?

Jervois is edge of rv road, start of district 10

Personally Nathan and Shanghai too many MM, still have some old shophouses nearby, probably need a revamp..., location though central but don't have that upmarket feel. As for Jervois, ya quite near or just next to Alexander.
    Would rather prefer Kim Yam road side of river valley...

Quote Originally Posted by melodies
    The problem you quoted is not the problem with Novena, but the problem is with MM units renting out at cheap absolute rental!
    Novena is a big area, not all properties right beside the hospitals, and not all properties you see these sick people staying to seek treatment. That is why for own stay, always opt for those condo with NO UNIT <700 sqft! This will eliminate all those problems you mentioned.
    Somewhere around SJI u mean? I was at pavilion tho.

shanghai road good if it's as happening as shanghai

In 07, agt siad one jervois cheapest new project in d9.... Haha.... I quite like the environment.... Location neither here nor there

No, missed it in 2009 but it will be one of our targeted project that we are looking into.