Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Leonie Hill Residences (Freehold)

Default Leonie Hill Residences (Freehold)

Hi all,

I recently got interested in Leonie Hill Residences while driving past after visiting RV Residence showroom.

LHR seems much nearer to upcoming GWC MRT station and Orchard. Facilities-wise: LHR even has a tennis court. Both now selling about same price.

This project seems to be much more worth it? dunno why got no thread here... Opinions welcome!!
    Last edited by Maxim1; 27-08-13 at 22:38.

The area around here has a better feel and ambience than RV Residences.
    More residential than commercial definitely.

the problem is with the quantum, not the psf.

sure, this is better, but less pple can "afford" it becoz of the quantum, not the psf.

3 bedder at RV Resi 861 sq ft 1.7m
    3 bedder at Leonie Hill Resi 1410 sq ft 2.9m.

2 bedder at RV Resi 688 sq ft 1.3m
    2 bedder at leonie hill resi 1141 sq ft 2.38m

difference is more than 1m.

True but I was looking at 1000+ sq ft penthouses at RVR and then the price diff with LHR is not so much!

Quote Originally Posted by bargain hunter
    the problem is with the quantum, not the psf.

sure, this is better, but less pple can "afford" it becoz of the quantum, not the psf.

3 bedder at RV Resi 861 sq ft 1.7m
    3 bedder at Leonie Hill Resi 1410 sq ft 2.9m.

2 bedder at RV Resi 688 sq ft 1.3m
    2 bedder at leonie hill resi 1141 sq ft 2.38m

difference is more than 1m.

Quote Originally Posted by Maxim1
    Hi all,

I recently got interested in Leonie Hill Residences while driving past after visiting RV Residence showroom.

LHR seems much nearer to upcoming GWC MRT station and Orchard. Facilities-wise: LHR even has a tennis court. Both now selling about same price.

This project seems to be much more worth it? dunno why got no thread here... Opinions welcome!!

one of my favorite condos ...

saw it during launch ... couldn't decide .. passed it ...

again in 2011 .. went to view a resale ... again gave it a miss ...

still regretting not getting it ...

nice and quiet ... on a hill ... nice name ... except that the common toilet window opens out to the master bed room balcony ...

From Propguru:
    RV Res 1205 sq ft 2,771,500 2300psf
    LHR 1141 sq ft 2,380,000 2085 psf

So RVR (with discounts) and LHR prices are not too far off.

Anyone view at LHR before? How does it compare to others in the area?

From Propguru:

Based on the above, RV Res has how many bedrms vs LHR? Same floor? Similar good/bad facing?

From Propguru:

unless you need to be super close to amenities ...like super market ... chicken rice .... bus stops ....noise .... then u buy RV

Quote Originally Posted by proud owner
    unless you need to be super close to amenities ...like super market ... chicken rice .... bus stops ....noise .... then u buy RV
    Haha not sure I want to be so near that chicken rice stretch! Don't want this to be a bash RVR thread..so how do you think LHR compare with its neighbours e.g. Cosmopolitan also with 1141 sq ft 2 bedrm unit?

Haha not sure I want to be so near that chicken rice stretch! Don't want this to be a bash RVR thread..so how do you think LHR compare with its neighbours e.g. Cosmopolitan also with 1141 sq ft 2 bedrm unit?

its just my personal preference ...

I am never one who want to live next to the road .... so Cosmo is OUT for me .... also LHR is high ground ... Cosmo is low ground

perhaps you should try ..on a fri or sat night ... have supper at Spize ...
    and look across the road ... at those road side condos ...

see if you can live in that conditions...

then u decide ...

RV Resi 4 bedder is ground floor 1205 sq ft, 2.167m, 1798psf.

most expensive penthouse 2.8m is 1539 sq ft duplex 5 bedder. 1819psf.

its hard to compare small unit 4 bedder with big unit 2 bedder of 1141 sq ft. haha.

prices are far off.

From Propguru:

as bro starrynight had mentioned before, cosmo's 2 bedder monthly maintenence is 680 or thereabouts.

it doesn't have a tennis court and is at a road junction.

personally i would prefer leonie hill resi too of course.

Agreed! It seems all of us prefer leonie hill residences to cosmopolitan.

I was walking to leonie hill from Cineleisure Orchard today to investigate this area. very nice.. peaceful and quiet.

Quote Originally Posted by bargain hunter
    as bro starrynight had mentioned before, cosmo's 2 bedder monthly maintenence is 680 or thereabouts.

it doesn't have a tennis court and is at a road junction.

personally i would prefer leonie hill resi too of course.

if u r eyeing a 2 bedder, u could be one of the few remaining buyers who are not caught out by all the cooling measures and be able to buy a > 2m 2 bedder.

I was walking to leonie hill from Cineleisure Orchard today to investigate this area. very nice.. peaceful and quiet.

Agents will be all over u!

bro, think u r too late. today's latest latest caveat for entire D9 is

Leonie Hill Resi 2.3m 1141 sq ft. > #16. 2016psf.

unless u r the one who bot it then u come and discuss in forum lah?

haha still shopping around. Haiz.. prices for everywhere still never drop because of cooling measures

If Leonie Hill Residences is selling for >2k psf. Would it make more sense to top up abit more and go for Cuscaden Residences? Also full facilities with tennis court but I think the Tomlinson/Cuscaden location is much better. What are your thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by JCHEN963 View Post
    If Leonie Hill Residences is selling for >2k psf. Would it make more sense to top up abit more and go for Cuscaden Residences? Also full facilities with tennis court but I think the Tomlinson/Cuscaden location is much better. What are your thoughts?
    Hi there, its not just a small top-up because Cuscaden Res. units are generally bigger than Leonis Hill Res, and coupled with the higher psf, means that the quantum is significantly bigger,

e.g. for 2 bedder, Cuscaden: 1238 sq ft, assuming you can buy at 2200 psf (and that's a big assumption considering asking prices are now 2300+ psf), that's $2.73m. Leonie Hill Res: 1141 sq ft, 2000+psf: around $2.3m.

Difference of $430k for a 2 bedder!

Location-wise:
    Cuscaden: nearest (major) shopping centres are Tanglin Mall and Ion Orchard.
    Leonie hill: Orchard Ngee Ann City/Cineleisure and Great World City.

Personally I prefer the shopping around the leonie area and Leonie is nearer tothe CBD which means Leonie is more convenient for me. In terms of having peace and quiet, I think both areas are equally peaceful. Both are also near upcoming MRTs.

Cuscaden is a slightly more "prestigious" area due to its proximity to embassies, St Regis etc but in this economic climate i'm not sure if I want to pay $430K more just for prestige!

How much is the maintenance for 2 bedders at leonie Hill residence?

personally I prefer a quieter location ... so LHR is still better in my opinion

Quote Originally Posted by proud owner View Post
    personally I prefer a quieter location ... so LHR is still better in my opinion
    yep, now that i think of it, LHR is on a hill further from main road so should be quieter than cuscaden.

Quote Originally Posted by Maxim1 View Post
    yep, now that i think of it, LHR is on a hill further from main road so should be quieter than cuscaden.

today's flood ... LHR is safer than safe ...

Quote Originally Posted by Maxim1 View Post
    Would Leonie area be considered river valley already? or is it generally better than river valley?

Quote Originally Posted by proud owner View Post
    today's flood ... LHR is safer than safe ...
    Dont say to earlier hor. On a hill, if ground flooded, will cause landslide.

Would Leonie area be considered river valley already? or is it generally better than river valley?
    This is such a funny question!

Default Ferra at Leonie Hill

A New Condo Singapore - Ferra

DESIGNED TO SURPASS EVEN ITS ADDRESS
    Sculpted by the Italian masters behind the world's most iconic supercars, Ferra is the epitome of taste and craftsmanship. A stunning 22-storey bespoke masterpiece, it is a sight at every turn - set to transform the skyline as it captures both the heart and the imagination.

INESSENCE
    The Inessence series of bespoke residences follows one simple principle - luxury is a distinctive and individual experience.
    Your Inessence home is an expression of yourself. An exquisitely tailored environment that surpasses your most demanding expectations. An imaginative, intuitive and daring attempt to realise a residence that until now, merely existed in the imagination.
    Every Inessence residence is built on four uncompromising pillars: a prime location in Singapore's most desirable districts, a unique design by an architectural visionary, thoughtfulness in space and service, and unprecedented levels of personalisation and bespoke customisation.

ADDRESS
    At 1 Leonie Hill, Ferra assumes pole position in District 9. A seven-minute stroll is all that separates a commanding view of Orchard Road, the famed retail experience itself—one that encompasses Orchard Central, ION Orchard and the Mandarin Gallery.

DESIGN
    Among the outstanding, Ferra stands out. Derived from Pininfarina’s car design DNA, powerful, flowing lines, graceful contours and the unmistakeable interplay of bold colour coalesce to form a masterpiece of two halves—one, red and passionate, the other, dark and cool.
    “We are very proud to have identified a specific expressive language and a strong aesthetic personality for Ferra’s defining façade while, at the same time, being able to insert it harmoniously into the architectural contest that’s Singapore.” – Paolo Pininfarina, Chairman of the Group

THOUGHTFULNESS
    Ferra evokes a distinct pride of ownership. From parking bays exquisitely lit to cast your cars as gleaming gems to Gaggenau kitchen fitting options, everything centres its interest on you. This level of thoughtfulness extends to the Inessence Concierge, dedicated to addressing your every need with an unparalleled standard of service and luxury.

BESPOKE
    A revolutionary façade demands an equally individual interior. With a semi-white plan, you have the freedom to customize details to your desire. Ferra is truly, a bespoke residence that will set your pulse racing.

Check out Ferra or other New Condo Singapore NOW!

Cuscaden Residence transacted -
    12 Nov 2013 1238 sq ft 2262 psf $2,800,000

Seems like a totally different price category...

I think cuscaden res is decent value , I have looked at a few units here some time back , the space is efficient with no balconies or huge ac ledges so the psf is pretty reasonable , I dont know why you would pay 4k psf for something new nearby like the marq on patterson which is very noisy when you can pay 2.2k for cuscaden

Why is Leonie Hill Residences at such a low psf amount? The highest it reached is under S$2100 psf. Compared to Arc at Draycott, St Martin Residences, One Tree Hill Residences. These condos reached S$3000 psf in earlier years - but has dropped somewhat. LHR has never gone pass S$2100 psf. Any views?