Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 LastLast

Thread: The Panorama

What a long wait till the official launch on the 23rd. Interest can wane if the buyers have to wait so long.

Looks like they are rusty having not launch a project for some time. Think must learn from CDL bah

Most probably will be another flop and another write down will be needed.

Quote Originally Posted by azeoprop View Post
    Most probably will be another flop and another write down will be needed.
    depends on how "sincere" their price cuts are. heh.

Curious

3+Study

stack 32 @ 1109sqft is identical to
    stack 8 & 18 @ 1130sqft

except you don't pay for 21 sqft of AC ledge.

In the first place why is 1 need other 1 dont?????

Units are moving... nearly 90 units sold in 1 day after relaunch.

Price asking is realistic...

So previous buyers bang wall??

Quote Originally Posted by dleedoner View Post
    Units are moving... nearly 90 units sold in 1 day after relaunch.

Price asking is realistic...
    those patiently waiting to buy new launch is now being rewarded with this small window of opportunity.

Quote Originally Posted by august View Post
    those patiently waiting to buy new launch is now being rewarded with this small window of opportunity.
    If prices do fall overall another 10%, what will happen? Say government relaxes either TDSR or ABSD, will buyers come in again? What if buyers do come in? Can we be sure we can get the units we targeted earlier?

http://newlaunch-sgcondo.com/the-panorama/

Come here to look at prices for The Panorama for 23 May 2014.

The-Panorama-Floor-Plan.pdf
    Click to view floor plan

The Panorama – 23 May Price Stack 23 (1BR) & 24 (1BR)
    Click to view

The Panorama – 23 May Price Stack 13 (2BR) & 21(2+S)
    Click to view

The Panorama – 23 May Price Stack 14 (3BR) & 22 (3BR)
    Click to view

Quote Originally Posted by johnoon View Post
    http://newlaunch-sgcondo.com/the-panorama/

Come here to look at prices for The Panorama for 23 May 2014.

The-Panorama-Floor-Plan.pdf
    Click to view floor plan

The Panorama – 23 May Price Stack 23 (1BR) & 24 (1BR)
    Click to view

The Panorama – 23 May Price Stack 13 (2BR) & 21(2+S)
    Click to view

The Panorama – 23 May Price Stack 14 (3BR) & 22 (3BR)
    Click to view
    John, does Wheelock plan to send goodwill renovation vouchers rebate to initial vvip preview buyers who supported them during the first launch? This is a big slap in the face. Who will dare buy from them in future?

Quote Originally Posted by Kenshinto80 View Post
    John, does Wheelock plan to send goodwill renovation vouchers rebate to initial vvip preview buyers who supported them during the first launch? This is a big slap in the face. Who will dare buy from them in future?
    This is not new....

Capitaland - sky habitat, interlace, d'leedon
    Cdl - Botania
    Cheung kong - Thomson project near mount alvernia hospital
    And many more... Use google...

this project is so far from city....dunno why it can claim to be city fringe. its at the corner beside sembanwang hill. gosh.

developer is good at that ... jurong is the new CBD ... woodland is the new regional hub ... tampinese/pasir ris is the most sought after east coast

all these 3 locations are far from city ... no just far ... sibei far ... all the way to the west, north or east.

Quote Originally Posted by babyt View Post
    this project is so far from city....dunno why it can claim to be city fringe. its at the corner beside sembanwang hill. gosh.

looks like many buyers were not aware of 2009 discounts.

Wharf Resi, Martin Place etc, all dua earlier buyers. even far east also cut floridian's price.

ur recent examples they should be aware ba, most strikingly the 3 capitaland projects.

Quote Originally Posted by chestnut View Post
    This is not new....

Cdl - Botania

Quote Originally Posted by bargain hunter View Post
    looks like many buyers were not aware of 2009 discounts.
    ... Or 1997 discounts . Duchess Crest by Wingtai, started with 1000 psf, then 20% off 2yrs later, then another 10% for the final batch

You see, *every* generation there are a new batch of buyers who had no past knowledge or experience in the market, and every time "this time is different". Ppl usually reaches their peak earning capacity in 30-40y age group. There is always a new group available for this pty market.

Wow even Far East cut prices. .. is there by any chance any developer who hasn't cut price before?

If prices go up, do these VVIP buyers send champagne to developers office as thanksgiving? Market forces at play. Ppty is a game not for everyone, must be able to withstand losses. One must also be able to walk away and cut loss and move on. In a way, that's what Wheelock did, overpaid for the land, write it down, and launch at lower price. Since Wheelock 'overpaid' for the land sold by government, can they knock on URA office to ask for rebate?

i'm not very sure. sc global?

Quote Originally Posted by Allthepies View Post
    Wow even Far East cut prices. .. is there by any chance any developer who hasn't cut price before?

Quote Originally Posted by babyt View Post
    Are u familiar with the districts that constitute RCR????

Go ura. The embarkation is by URA not by developer. Hahahaha

Quote Originally Posted by Jaykj View Post
    If prices go up, do these VVIP buyers send champagne to developers office as thanksgiving? Market forces at play. Ppty is a game not for everyone, must be able to withstand losses. One must also be able to walk away and cut loss and move on. In a way, that's what Wheelock did, overpaid for the land, write it down, and launch at lower price. Since Wheelock 'overpaid' for the land sold by government, can they knock on URA office to ask for rebate?
    You missed the point. You must be a joker to say such irresponsible thing as "one must be able to walk away and cut loss and move on." How do you expect the initial buyers to walk away when many buy for own stay. Not all are speculators such as yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by chestnut View Post
    This is not new....

Cdl - Botania
    Hi property expert and guru, let me add on to your list. The Quartz and even Clover by the Park during the GFC are also victims.

But those happen during major crisis. Most folks can understand price cutting across all asset classes during such year of hardship. But bear in mind now that the recession has not even started but due to govt TDSR. Fact is these developers such as Wheelock and Capitaland are too greedy. I do not think it is right to be sabotaging the initial buyers without some form of goodwill compensation. Even a few hundred dollars rebate as goodwill gesture shld be considered...else they are just damaging their reputation.

I am happy that the greedy developers have cut prices but they shld also compensate the initial buyers to show sincerity. Personal view. Those who talk crap about market forces and attribute blame to the initial buyers for their bad decisions surely and obviously have lack of empathy and suffering from the great effective divide syndrome.

I believe the next mantra for property investment beside locattion, location, location will be timing, timing and timing...

There are many hints from Gov/ Gurus in forum that 2014-2016 will be years of correction and reigning in of the runaway market so we can expect more to come given the dwindling liquidity of cash and loan out there.

Quote Originally Posted by Allthepies View Post
    Sc global?

You missed the point. You must be a joker to say such irresponsible thing as "one must be able to walk away and cut loss and move on." How do you expect the initial buyers to walk away when many buy for own stay. Not all are speculators such as yourself.
    If you do not agree with my point, can just ignore

Point being, in any game, there are winners & losers. Can't afford to lose, dun play. You are the joker who asked if VVIP buyer can ask for Reno rebatess or not and I'm giving you a retort

Wonder how you deduce I'm a speculator? Really really strange off tangent comment.

So there is nothing special for the first 60 who bought in 1st launch, phase 1? They must be rather disappointed.
    Anyway, at $1200 psf, WL still have margins, tho reduced. WL bought land $790 psf + $350psf build = $1140; still got $60 margin. So there is no need to worry for WL.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaykj View Post
    If you do not agree with my point, can just ignore

Point being, in any game, there are winners & losers. Can't afford to lose, dun play. You are the joker who asked if VVIP buyer can ask for Reno rebatess or not and I'm giving you a retort

Wonder how you deduce I'm a speculator? Really really strange off tangent comment.
    That is why I think you are a joker, anything including buying big ticket item property for own stay is a "game" to you. OMG....I can't believe you even dare say that. We are not talking about high net worth ultra rich buying Sentosa Coves or Prime areas. Many of the folks here work hard to accumulate their blood n sweat money to fulfill their dreams of owning a private property.

There is definitely no legal obligation for the developers to give anything back. But as I mentioned, pple understand significant price cutting during recession or huge loss of jobs due to economic crisis but at this juncture, it means that the initial pricing is way too high due to greed of the developers. There is definitely a reputational cost to Wheelock. Wheelock is lucky that they are in Singapore. If they dare repeat such sale tatics in China, the initial buyers would have stormed in and trash their showflat and main office.....surely these are not games. Or probably you watched too much HBO Games of Throne?

Hi property expert and guru, let me add on to your list. The Quartz and even Clover by the Park during the GFC are also victims.

But those happen during major crisis. Most folks can understand price cutting across all asset classes during such year of hardship. But bear in mind now that the recession has not even started but due to govt TDSR. Fact is these developers such as Wheelock and Capitaland are too greedy. I do not think it is right to be sabotaging the initial buyers without some form of goodwill compensation. Even a few hundred dollars rebate as goodwill gesture shld be considered...else they are just damaging their reputation.

I am happy that the greedy developers have cut prices but they shld also compensate the initial buyers to show sincerity. Personal view. Those who talk crap about market forces and attribute blame to the initial buyers for their bad decisions surely and obviously have lack of empathy and suffering from the great effective divide syndrome.
    Yes.. Agree with your sediments..

That is why I think you are a joker, anything including buying big ticket item property for own stay is a "game" to you. OMG....I can't believe you even dare say that. We are not talking about high net worth ultra rich buying Sentosa Coves or Prime areas. Many of the folks here work hard to accumulate their blood n sweat money to fulfill their dreams of owning a private property.

There is definitely no legal obligation for the developers to give anything back. But as I mentioned, pple understand significant price cutting during recession or huge loss of jobs due to economic crisis but at this juncture, it means that the initial pricing is way too high due to greed of the developers. There is definitely a reputational cost to Wheelock. Wheelock is lucky that they are in Singapore. If they dare repeat such sale tatics in China, the initial buyers would have stormed in and trash their showflat and main office.....surely these are not games. Or probably you watched too much HBO Games of Throne?
    Agree too.

Anyway..buyers all at the mercy of the developers..anyway I find it very frustrating that the government took so long to implement the last measures....

Harmed all the geninue hpmebuyers...

If developer cut more than 20 percent..wouldn't that mean the valuation dropped before they even get the keys??!