Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: The Venue Residences / Shoppes

Quote Originally Posted by zeamybro View Post
    I am most attracted to this 2BR layout. The finishing for Venue is great. Unfortunately the commercial part is kinda disappointing, with only 28 shops... was hoping for a bigger mall with a supermarket. Afterall, the MacPherson Road market (the future Jackson Food Centre) was once a very busy and popular hangout with shoppers in the 60s.

Source: http://remembersingapore.wordpress.c...awker-centres/
    yes the layout is good but for this layoutyou would need to select stack 17 or 23. stack 17 better. stack 20 and 24 would face the expressway. the living room is really spacious for a 2 bedder and i like it a lot. as for supermarket, more likely to be housed in the mall above pp mrt.

Quote Originally Posted by Sendall View Post
    i have been pondering over the same thing. it's a close call between Sennett Residence and the Venue.

Sennett Residence - nice name with the best location. layout is very good and generally very liveable. plot size is the largest although it also has the largest no of units at 332. has a 50m lap pool plus a proven developer in tuan sing. downside is that carparks are not 1 to 1 to no of units. however was thinking that this might not be an issue given the no of 1 bedder units. also the top date of nov 2017 is too long compared to Venue ( sep 2017 although just launched) and sant ritz (launched later but top in 2016)

The Venue - the mixed development concept is a draw. however it will not be managed by CDL so a bit of a dampener there. 23 out of 28 shops will be f&b so will definitely not go hungry but would prefer a more even mix with other retail shops. gd pt is that no pubs + ktv are allowed. layout is on par with sennett which makes it very liveable as well but the location is inferior given the close proximity to the junction and the PIE flyover. so important to choose the inner stacks which faces sennett estate or sant ritz. also i get the impression that it will be slightly more expensive than sennett residence?

As for Sant Ritz, not in my consideration cos it's neither here nor there. layout is not as good as the other two. Plus i'm not familiar with the developer so not sure of its track record. went once to the showroom which was quite cramped unlike the other 2 which was spacious and more welcoming. finishing also not as good

conclusion: toss up between the 2 but the better location of sennett residence wins it for me. it's likely to be quieter than Venue and is farther away from the junction plus flyover. can also benefit from shops situated at Venue w/o the possible noise and smell(?)

Having gone through the floor plans of all three developments, the layout of Sennett Residences is the worst for me. Unless we are referring to the 3+S and bigger units of Sennett Residences, the layout is surprisingly bad for a good developer like Tuan Sing. 332 units but almost 70 different (read: very different) floorplans shows that the architect is not too sure about what to do. I even see some layouts with the washing machine in the centre of two bedrooms!

haha 77 layouts....can choose 1 that fits ur budget and not based on the floorplan.

Quote Originally Posted by babyt View Post
    haha 77 layouts....can choose 1 that fits ur budget and not based on the floorplan.
    Hahaha I probably would if I have no more choices at Potong Pasir.
    But why live with the bad layout of Sennett Residence if I can have better ones at Sant Ritz or Venue Res?

Quote Originally Posted by sunboy77 View Post
    But why live with the bad layout of Sennett Residence if I can have better ones at Sant Ritz or Venue Res?
    Go for 8RS, potong pasir is getting crowded.
    I've had enough. I'm done!!!

Having gone through the floor plans of all three developments, the layout of Sennett Residences is the worst for me. Unless we are referring to the 3+S and bigger units of Sennett Residences, the layout is surprisingly bad for a good developer like Tuan Sing. 332 units but almost 70 different (read: very different) floorplans shows that the architect is not too sure about what to do. I even see some layouts with the washing machine in the centre of two bedrooms!

Will be interesting to see which of the 3 development can fetch the highest price in terms of psf upon completion.

Quote Originally Posted by visionary75 View Post
    Will be interesting to see which of the 3 development can fetch the highest price in terms of psf upon completion.
    Sennett R is my guess ...

The Venue's residential units to PIE is IMHO too close for comfort. With no trees between the block and expressway, I don't think it's liveable.
    Yee ha! Did I tickle your funny bone?

I believe you must be vested in sant ritz so it is natural you are singing it's praises. However the units are a bit too small for my liking. The 3 bedroom compact at sant ritz is only 882sqft? It also has 2 aircon ledges and a balcony so i'm not sure it is really efficient. This is also about the size of a 2 bedder in the venue and sennett resi. I would therefore stick to my original choice of sennett resi. Comparison of sales at both developments is also an indication which is more desirable?

Quote Originally Posted by ecimbew View Post
    The Venue's residential units to PIE is IMHO too close for comfort. With no trees between the block and expressway, I don't think it's liveable.
    That's the biggest bugbear otherwise it would be a great development!

I believe you must be vested in sant ritz so it is natural you are singing it's praises. However the units are a bit too small for my liking. The 3 bedroom compact at sant ritz is only 882sqft? It also has 2 aircon ledges and a balcony so i'm not sure it is really efficient. This is also about the size of a 2 bedder in the venue and sennett resi. I would therefore stick to my original choice of sennett resi. Comparison of sales at both developments is also an indication which is more desirable?
    Agree that each individual has his own preference.
    Yes I do have vested interest in Sant Ritz, which is why I am familiar with Sennett R as well. I went to see the Sennett R way before Sant Ritz was launched and had no doubt the showflat and finishing was impressive. But being not able to afford its 3+S and above, the Senett R will have the worst layouts for me. All its 3 bedders have open kitchen and balconies big enough to set up 4 mahjong tables or more. And I can feel the washing machine in the living room of a Sennett 3 bedder. I need a closed kitchen, at least 2 bedrooms with queen sized beds, washing machine tucked away from my sight while I am sitting on my sofa. Which is why Sant Ritz works best for me due to its layout.

Having been familiar with Sennett R and Sant Ritz, and now seeing the floor plans of Venue, I stand by my personal opinion that Sennett R had the worst individual unit layouts (unless 3+S and above).

By the way, sales at Sant Ritz is not too bad either. Already 70% sold till date. Besides its rowhouses and the 3-bedders facing Upp. Sgoon Rd, practically everything is sold too. Sennett R is not fully sold yet too, if I am correct?

Quote Originally Posted by bakasa2002 View Post
    Sennett R is my guess ...
    My guess too...

On layout, the venue is indeed efficient & liveable! Find sennett's layout not so bad la. Decent size. Their sales results speak for itself. Anyway not much units to choose from now. Between e other 2, am more impressed w venue.

That's the biggest bugbear otherwise it would be a great development!
    Can't agree more

Agree that each individual has his own preference.
    Yes I do have vested interest in Sant Ritz, which is why I am familiar with Sennett R as well. I went to see the Sennett R way before Sant Ritz was launched and had no doubt the showflat and finishing was impressive. But being not able to afford its 3+S and above, the Senett R will have the worst layouts for me. All its 3 bedders have open kitchen and balconies big enough to set up 4 mahjong tables or more. And I can feel the washing machine in the living room of a Sennett 3 bedder. I need a closed kitchen, at least 2 bedrooms with queen sized beds, washing machine tucked away from my sight while I am sitting on my sofa. Which is why Sant Ritz works best for me due to its layout.

Having been familiar with Sennett R and Sant Ritz, and now seeing the floor plans of Venue, I stand by my personal opinion that Sennett R had the worst individual unit layouts (unless 3+S and above).

By the way, sales at Sant Ritz is not too bad either. Already 70% sold till date. Besides its rowhouses and the 3-bedders facing Upp. Sgoon Rd, practically everything is sold too. Sennett R is not fully sold yet too, if I am correct?
    Well to each his own then. I believe that is why the market is working well, everyone will have their own criteria when picking. That is prob why Sennett R found buyers for its 70plus different layouts? ( really got so many ah? But I'll take yr word for it).

Good to hear that sant ritz is doing well. I have nothing agst the development just that it would not be something that I would buy myself. For Sennett R, I believe more than 90% sold. Remember seeing Sennett R ad in the paper stating 25 units left which are prob the penthouses and low level 4 bedders that are huge in quantum. would be tough for tuan sing to move these I guess.

Good to have a good discussion. Vested in Sant Ritz as well. Think senette R has first mover advantage which has attributed to its good sales. Likewise, not sure how The Venue would fare as the other 2 would have soaked up some demand for the area.

Every layout will have its own supporters and detractors. My only concern with sant ritz is the track record of the developer. It is relatively unknown, so fingers crossed.

Good to have a good discussion. Vested in Sant Ritz as well. Think senette R has first mover advantage which has attributed to its good sales. Likewise, not sure how The Venue would fare as the other 2 would have soaked up some demand for the area.

Every layout will have its own supporters and detractors. My only concern with sant ritz is the track record of the developer. It is relatively unknown, so fingers crossed.
    agree on the 1st mover advantage for sennett r. i guess there must have been something i missed abt sant ritz since there are quite a no of supporters here. will head down the show room to have a 2nd look when i have time.

not sure abt response as well but i personally feel that sales of 40-50% on launch weekend would be considered a good result.

agree on the 1st mover advantage for sennett r. i guess there must have been something i missed abt sant ritz since there are quite a no of supporters here. will head down the show room to have a 2nd look when i have time.

not sure abt response as well but i personally feel that sales of 40-50% on launch weekend would be considered a good result.
    I went down to see all 3 show flats and in fact I kinda dislike the floor plan and finishing for Sant ritz. The showflat for the 3 bedder is deceiving as one of the rooms was modified smaller to show a bigger living area. With the original living room size, there are enough space to put a decent dining table. I am not a supporter of Sant ritz but I have to agree their facade is more unique as compared to the rest.

Heard 60% of commercial unit sold today.

Quote Originally Posted by DC33_2008 View Post
    Heard 60% of commercial unit sold today.
    Any news on residential?

Quote Originally Posted by ranloe View Post
    Any news on residential?
    Per ST 'Money' section,

- Sold about 65% of 50 units released (i.e. 32 units) for preview sale as at 5pm yesterday (18 Oct 13)
    - Average price for these sold units are $1,380 psf
    - Total apartments = 266 units

The carpark is full at 330pm. Wonder how many sold today?

I was at the show flat earlier today. Not much crowd for a new launch as compared to say Thomson 3.

There are still quite a number of residential units available. The commercial shops seem hotter.

Sennett R and Sant R must have soaked up most of the demand there...

Anyway this thing about "we released only 50 units" is again, crap.

50 units released is pathetic..at below $1400 psf, seems like sales is pretty bad..

No further updates in Straits Times / Business Times on the weekend sales

Sennett R and Sant R must have soaked up most of the demand there...

Anyway this thing about "we released only 50 units" is again, crap.
    Haha.. ya i think so too. But heard the preview sale only started at 5pm? May be that explains only 50 units released. But still, it shows they also not very confident.

Quote Originally Posted by gadiny View Post
    Per ST 'Money' section,

- Sold about 65% of 50 units released (i.e. 32 units) for preview sale as at 5pm yesterday (18 Oct 13)
    - Average price for these sold units are $1,380 psf
    - Total apartments = 266 units
    Oh i get e 5pm thing. Tks!

50 units released is pathetic..at below $1400 psf, seems like sales is pretty bad..

No further updates in Straits Times / Business Times on the weekend sales
    mayb they purposely released a smaller number to reflect a higher take up rate leh

It seems there is no tennis court in this project...

Went to take a look at the show room on Saturday. Surprisingly, only the second week of sales, the show room was empty. I was the only person viewing the show flat. At a glance, not many units were sold, they were offering star buys for units on level 3.

I must say the finishing is good, the only downside risk is its proximity to the expressway, although the agent kept stressing that stacks facing inwards towards the landed property is shielded.

The maintenance fees are relatively high, for a 2-bedroom is $450. Do take note.