Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: The Venue Residences / Shoppes

Hi all. I just bought a unit at Venue Res. Was wondering how many future Venue Res owner here?
    Shall we form a private forum only for Venue Residences residents? So that we can update one another of the progress of Venue.
    I came across many condo projs have their private Face Book group created by their residents. I guess because most of these projs are large proj with large no. of residents.
    I once created a FB grp for Venue residents. But not sure how to do it well as nobody join the grp. So I deleted it. Anyone here wanna start the ball rolling and open one private FB group chat for Venue official owner?

Support, but not very active in FB. but still Support

Found this link to have a view of Venue showflat interior!
    Can have some idea.
    http://www.cdlhome.com.sg/misc/theve...3/index_1.html

Support a private forum, but not sure how many owners are reading this forum. Not many mentions of Venue online, but found this recent review, albeit written by an agent: http://sgpropertyreviews.com/reviews...es-a-good-buy/

Quote Originally Posted by twg View Post
    Support a private forum, but not sure how many owners are reading this forum. Not many mentions of Venue online, but found this recent review, albeit written by an agent: http://sgpropertyreviews.com/reviews...es-a-good-buy/
    Reads like an unbiased writeup, consideration given to some pretty solid points, whether in or against the favour of Venue.

Like the article said. All condo project got it pros and cons.

Happy new year friends! Chanced upon this review written 2 months ago before everyone got busy with the festive season, just wanted to share!

http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/new-p...-review-117052

Not that I am putting the Venue down. The reason why it is not selling well is because it has missed opportunities to do so. When the market was hot, it did not launch. When TDSR was announced, the Venue lost its appeal. The Venue is also near the PIE. Noise is an issue. In terms of distance from MRT, it is further away than Saintz and Senette. It is a leasehold. Those who knows the area well will choose condos at Leicester Road and Woodsville Close because these condos are freehold/999yrs. They are also nearer to the Poiz, the new mall and MRT.
    Yee ha! Did I tickle your funny bone?

Quote Originally Posted by ecimbew View Post
    Not that I am putting the Venue down. The reason why it is not selling well is because it has missed opportunities to do so. When the market was hot, it did not launch. When TDSR was announced, the Venue lost its appeal. The Venue is also near the PIE. Noise is an issue. In terms of distance from MRT, it is further away than Saintz and Senette. It is a leasehold. Those who knows the area well will choose condos at Leicester Road and Woodsville Close because these condos are freehold/999yrs. They are also nearer to the Poiz, the new mall and MRT.
    yeah, Leicester rd Condos n apartment are freehold. only Woodsvale28 is on state-land 99-lease.

Thumbs up Great pictures and updates!

Quote Originally Posted by 081828 View Post
    Took pictures over the weekend and posted them on skyscrapercity forum:

http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=1777332
    Great pictures and updates! Thank you.

Progress looking good!

Hey is anyone still active in this thread?

whats up?

Thinkin of getting a place there but unfortunately the unit I'm keen is facing the PIE directly. Which is the lesser of the 2 evils? Go high as possible or stay low as possible to minimize the impact?

If anyone is keen to install track guided indoor/outdoor blinds (no gaps!) and retractable insect screens . Reduce dust and noise. Pls call 98806538 for measure and quote.

Products are all made in Australia!

www.auszip.com.sg

www.facebook.com/auszip/

Quote Originally Posted by paradoxtan View Post
    Thinkin of getting a place there but unfortunately the unit I'm keen is facing the PIE directly. Which is the lesser of the 2 evils? Go high as possible or stay low as possible to minimize the impact?
    Sorry missed this msg. I am a first time homebuyer myself, so not sure if all i said are accurate. Noise travel upwards, so higher will be noisier. If dust is the concern, then the lower you choose the higher chance of dust accumulation from the roads. Both are probably adequately mitigated if you are already an aircon person. Are you not willing to purchase a unit that is inward facing?

Hey thanks for the reply. Well I guess I'll turn on the aircon at night but not practical to do so the entire day so wondering what's the best bet in terms of choosing the floor. Hmm, I'm considering the dual key unit so it's only one stack facing the road/highway...
    U got a unit there?

Quote Originally Posted by paradoxtan View Post
    Hey thanks for the reply. Well I guess I'll turn on the aircon at night but not practical to do so the entire day so wondering what's the best bet in terms of choosing the floor. Hmm, I'm considering the dual key unit so it's only one stack facing the road/highway...
    U got a unit there?
    Yes sir I'm vested here. Dropped you a Pm previously too. Which floor is the best I honestly am as clueless as you, hopefully someone else can help! But I'm guessing if facing the highway then it might be wise to be a lot higher than eye level.. Whereas if facing the road then it's a balance between cost/inconvenience from the dust n traffic noise.

Hi. U can get developer to consider installing glass curtain for the balcony!. Is good at reducing dust and noise.
    CDL ever did for one of its proj facing expressway. Suggest u go thru direct CDL sale team, price is cheaper also they will more likely to convey yr concern to CDL.

Wow good point. How much does it typically cost for glas curtain? If im not wrong i see dual key units sited along macpherson road, and not immediately facing the highway. Macpherson road should be a quieter one than upper serangoon road i would imagine.

Default Glass Curtain

http://www.houzz.com.sg/pro/glasscur...2%AE-singapore

Can check it out.
    Btw 6 to 10k. Not cheap.
    For potential buyer, can write in to get CDL to consider installing for glass curtain for Venue.

Thanks stormy. Didn't see your earlier reply. Oh u sent me a pm? Lemme check it out haha.

Glass curtain, sounds good and I've seen your products. Perhaps u should let me know who I can speak to from cdl and that will be more helpful

Yea stormy, the dk faces the macpherson road instead though close to PIE facing as well.

Hi paradoxtan. Sry to confuse u. I'm not a product seller.
    I'm also a future resident of venue.
    U wanna call CDL 6877 1818 and tell them u are keen in their proj. They will be able to assist u.

Hi owners, just wondering whether it's common for the bedrooms to have the skirting included but not the rest of the house? I realized that for the Venue when looking at the unit... Any problems with this you think? Thanks!

Oh. I thought I saw wrongly when visiting venue show flat. Have u check with the agent is there skirting in the living and hall way?
    Or is it just the ID of tat show flat?
    So far I see all other proj all comes with skirting for the whole house.

I asked the cdl staff but seems like it's not provided. However I'm not sure if the cdl rep is the most knowledgable.

Anyone has your agent to check with if u bought this place? Thanks!

Oh. If u r asking CDL sales agent, then likely the info is correct. Don't know why no skirting for venue...gonna do it yrself if prefer skirting when renovating then...

I think that cdl staff not so knowledgeable la. I asked if flooring is marble but was told its normal tiles...

So will u be doing up the skirting or really doesn't make a difference?