Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Dilemma between Sky Vue Vs Trilinq

Default Dilemma between Sky Vue Vs Trilinq

Went to these showroom last weekend. I would labelled them as SV and TL. I'm thinking to buy for investment appreciation, to sell after 5-7 yrs. I would said both finishes they provided are so-so only (EC standard) that doesnt excite me. But both locations has their unique advantages which I listed some below:

SV
    - Walking distance to Junction 8/ MRT (Location location)
    - Centrally located: Famously at Bishan, mins to City provided CTE dont get jam
    - The 2nd newly launced beside SH- niche new projects in that Dist
    - Near RI but lack of better Pri sch. (No young parents market)
    - Facilities- Miserable swimming pools
    - 2 bedder- 678 Sqft selling $16XX psf
    - TOP in mid 2017

TL
    - Walking distance to Clementi Mall/ MRT (Location location), slightly further than SV to Bishan
    - South/ west located: Nearer to JLD, NUS, SP, NP, stone throw to NH Pri sch. (wide profile for rental/ sale)
    - Niche new projects in that Dist, near to landed Jln Lempg
    - Facilities- Sky garden, 4 swimming pools
    - 2 bedder- 700-750 Sqft selling $14XX psf
    -TOP in mid 2016, can start collect rent one yr earlier than SV

Would like to hear more inputs on the adv/ disadv and which one to buy. Hope to hear objective views and not another emo bashing threads. Tks.

P.S SV balloting exercise is on 28/ 9 and TL is moving slow.

I quickly asked 10 of my office investors with investment capacity of more than $1 million.

7 choose Sky Vue - they think Bishan is a better place than Clementi/Jurong.

2 abstain say wont choose either.

1 choose Trilinq because parents stay in Clementi - can look after his baby.

DKSG

if rental is good then choosing trilinq over SV has it's advantage but in today market SV is a better choice.

Quote Originally Posted by soon2be View Post
    Went to these showroom last weekend. I would labelled them as SV and TL. I'm thinking to buy for investment appreciation, to sell after 5-7 yrs. I would said both finishes they provided are so-so only (EC standard) that doesnt excite me. But both locations has their unique advantages which I listed some below:

SV
    - TOP in mid 2017

TL
    - Walking distance to Clementi Mall/ MRT (Location location), slightly further than SV to Bishan
    - South/ west located: Nearer to JLD, NUS, SP, NP, stone throw to NH Pri sch. (wide profile for rental/ sale)

Would like to hear more inputs on the adv/ disadv and which one to buy. Hope to hear objective views and not another emo bashing threads. Tks.

the psf for SV where got so high? The pricing tat I hv gotten from various sources is much lower.
    and Trilinq where got so cheap? Trilinq is another sky habitat wif greedy developers which causes the slow moving.

but everything aside, for me the choice is pretty obvious. Bishan beats Clementi any time.

Prefer SV.

For own stay, it depends on whehter Bishan or Clementi is more convenient to you.

For investment, now that SV is even more expensive than Trilinq, I will choose Trilinq because I am working in that area, and most of my colleagues are staying around Clementi, i know you need not worry about rental issues for trilinq. Besides, I like Nanhua very much.

For value appreciation, it all depends on the market. But in any way, i do not think clementi will appreciate less than Bishan.

Quote Originally Posted by mermaid View Post
    the psf for SV where got so high? The pricing tat I hv gotten from various sources is much lower.
    and Trilinq where got so cheap? Trilinq is another sky habitat wif greedy developers which causes the slow moving.

but everything aside, for me the choice is pretty obvious. Bishan beats Clementi any time.
    Both prices are given by the agents on site based on 2 bedder, 30 sty and above.

SV 2 bedders , 30+ Flr is 1.1m

Maybe different agents gave different information.
    Tks for the input anyway.

Both prices are given by the agents on site based on 2 bedder, 30 sty and above.

SV 2 bedders , 30+ Flr is 1.1m

Maybe different agents gave different information.
    Tks for the input anyway.
    so u r trying to tell me the $1400 for trilinq is oso 30+ floor? if yes, my heart itchy liao lor ...

the above pricing is similar to wat my agent quoted me.

(Indicative Price Range)

1 Bedroom

7th storey (484 sq ft) $677k

15th storey (484 sq ft) $717k

20th storey (484 sq ft) $742k

2 Bedroom

2nd storey (678 sq ft) $852k

8th storey (678 sq ft) $882k

16th storey (678 sq ft) $950k

20th storey (678 sq ft) $1.01m

2 Bedroom (Suites)

8th storey (797 sq ft) $1.02m

13th storey (797sq ft) $1.04m

20th storey (797 sq ft) $1.11m

3 Bedroom

3rd storey (1141 sq ft) $1.48m

10th storey (1141 sq ft) $1.53m

19th storey (1141 sq ft) $1.63m

Sky Vue for resale?
    Do you know how many condo units there are going to be on that land?
    Sky Habitat 509 units (more than half unsold) + 694 Sky Vue units + another 4 to 5 neighboring residential plots of the same mass (or mess).

In year 2018:

Buyer tells wife: "Let's get a resale unit at Sky Vue"
    Wife tells buyer: "Relax la, got another 3000 units there in so many condos side-by-side. Slowly see and slash price la."

Worse,
    Wife tells buyer: "Relax la, why buy resale? So many unsold units there in so many condos side-by-side. Buy from developer and slash price la."

Then sellers will realize "siao liao."
    Last edited by sunboy77; 24-09-13 at 15:28.

TS, seems to me tat Trilinq has leylong-ed

liddat my choice is Trilinq cos the diff is $200psf.

btw, u got check their maintenance fees?

SV
    - TOP in mid 2017

TL

'

Obviously you have already done you home work.

Just let me add a few point on Trillinq.

a) Price of Trillinq will get a boost from CRL MRT station which will be located next to Clementi station

b) Price will get boost from the development over at JLD, which is 1 MRT station away

c) Trillinq sale is slow, so you can bargain, and choose the best unit you could afford instead of having to ballot and tikam tikam for what is available.

d) West region is an employment hub, so in terms of rental you dont need to worry.

e) When Trillinq TOP, there will not be any competition of new supply in the area, hence you will not have to fight for tenant. For SV, SH will Top first, so they will get the worms before you. Plus SV will always be seen as a cheaper sibling to SH.

f) SV is closer to ITE than Raffles.

Ultimately this is about the choice between Brand or Substance.
    "Never argue with an idiot, or he will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience."

Quote Originally Posted by sunboy77 View Post
    Sky Vue for resale?
    Do you know how many condo units there are going to be on that land?
    Sky Habitat 509 units (more than half unsold) + 694 Sky Vue units + another 4 to 5 neighboring residential plots of the same mass (or mess).

In year 2018:

Buyer tells wife: "Let's get a resale unit at Sky Vue"
    Wife tells buyer: "Relax la, got another 3000 units there. Slowly see and slash price la."

Worse,
    Wife tells buyer: "Relax la, why buy resale? So many unsold units there. Buy from developer and slash price la."

Then seller will realize "siao liao."

Thats a good point. But can enlighten me on the 3000 units. (509+694~=1200), another 1800 TOP in 2018?

For investment, compare rental in both areas, if around the same would go for clementi which is also very near NUS, can rent to lecturers or foreign students.

Thats a good point. But can enlighten me on the 3000 units. (509+694~=1200), another 1800 TOP in 2018?
    Just extrapolate and simple math. If one plot houses 500 to 700 units, a simple math will tell you another 4 to 5 plots will bring another you....?.... units?

When I tell friends a year ago that the land beside Sky Habitat will definitely be high-rise residential, some don't believe. Now then come and regret.
    Please la, anyone still feels that the government will give you the benefit of building 10 football fields on that huge, empty land? Got Masterplan to see ma!

(By the way, when I say 4 to 5 plots and another 3000 units, I am being conservative already. Go see Masterplan and estimate how many more residential plots the garment can carve out from that land...)

SV
    - TOP in mid 2017

TL

Sorry, just to be more meticulous for comparison

TL 2 bedder $1400 psft is for high ceiling volume units: i.e $1.5m for 1109sqft .

For TL 2 bedder compact is $1.16m for 710 sqft. So work out to be also $1640psf

SO both SV and TL 2 bedders are at $16xxpsf but TL size is bigger.
    Last edited by soon2be; 24-09-13 at 15:43. Reason: price error

Just extrapolate and simple math. If one plot houses 500 to 700 units, a simple math will tell you another 4 to 5 plots will bring another you....?.... units?

When I tell friends a year ago that the land beside Sky Habitat will definitely be high-rise residential, some don't believe. Now then come and regret.
    Please la, anyone still feels that the government will give you the benefit of building 10 football fields on that huge, empty land? Got Masterplan to see ma!

(By the way, when I say 4 to 5 plots and another 3000 units, I am being conservative already. Go see Masterplan and estimate how many more residential plots the garment can carve out from that land...)
    Same as QBay and QQBay. Just that there is a possibility that with each subsequent plot, prices inch up.

DKSG

Quote Originally Posted by DKSG View Post
    Same as QBay and QQBay. Just that there is a possibility that with each subsequent plot, prices inch up.

DKSG

is sky habitat/vue going to be the first instance of subsequent launch cheaper than the previous launch ?
    hope this trend do not continue...

TL 2 bedder $1400 psft is for high ceiling volume units: i.e $1.5m for 1109sqft .

Actually from your post, you have implicitly favoured TL, why not you go ahead ? When buying property, how you feel is one of the most important factors. As long as you are happy with the investment, even if the appreciation is lesser, you will still be happier.

If you are unhappy, even if the appreciation is better, you will still want to compare with other properties with even higher appreciation.

Alternatively, one way to make the decision is to wait till SV is launched and see the take up rate. Then you know how the public thinks. Unless SV is super successful, else CapLand is unlikely to raise price, so whether you buy on first day or 5th day, not much diff, except for the number of units available for you to choose.

DKSG

Quote Originally Posted by taggy View Post
    is sky habitat/vue going to be the first instance of subsequent launch cheaper than the previous launch ?
    We can wait for the SV launch first then say.

There are different marketing tactics for different development.

Cant reveal too much here in case developers get unhappy.

We wait and see the final result after the SV launch.

DKSG

hey I believe so. wif SV having such attractive prices, new launches like Glades appears to be overpriced.
    I am confident of getting an attractively priced unit next yr

hey I believe so. wif SV having such attractive prices, new launches like Glades appears to be overpriced.
    I am confident of getting an attractively priced unit next yr
    Share with us what is deem attractive leh ?

SV at $1,4xx is attractive ?
    Or Glades at $1,3xx ?

Or any other indicators ?

DKSG

To be frank, for investment, I am not sure whether you should buy the high ceiling one. At least, I do not like it.

I'd rather pay more to get three bedroom instead of the air space.

Anyway, all of us know how high a price CapitalLand bought this Sky Vue land for (in order to defend Sky Habitat). They are really making such thin profits over the costs which typically are made up of:

Land cost
    Development charges
    Construction costs
    Architect's fees
    Finance costs
    Admin costs
    Legal costs
    Marketing costs

If land cost, development charges, finance costs, admin costs, legal costs are fixed, what can they compromise on?

Yes, they will compromise on
    1) Architect's fees (Already proven. Some HDBs actually look nicer than Sky Vue)
    2) Construction costs (Already proven - multi storey car park, cheap finishings, etc.)
    3) Marketing costs (We await and see la. I bet you the brochures will be damn cheap ones. You saw their newspaper ads already? My goodness.... EC ads look nicer )
    Last edited by sunboy77; 24-09-13 at 16:08.

In any case, I think sky habitat should be priced higher than sky vue even if they are launched on the same day.

Sky Vue to me is more like HDB.

For new development, people put more focus on the price of psf, after they are topped, people will compare falicities and comfortability too.

Quote Originally Posted by DKSG View Post
    Share with us what is deem attractive leh ?

SV at $1,4xx is attractive ?
    Or Glades at $1,3xx ?

Or any other indicators ?

DKSG
    honestly the current pricing for SV is attractive to me liao but the timing is not

gg fwd wif tdsr, dd for mass mkt condo is likely to be much affected due to lesser ability to upgrade. Developers will price their bid more realistically in the coming future (I believe la).

Hence I aim to be able to get a mm at rcr/ocr near city at ard $1300 - $1350 (rate as per 2nd storey).

honestly the current pricing for SV is attractive to me liao but the timing is not

gg fwd wif tdsr, dd for mass mkt condo is likely to be much affected due to lesser ability to upgrade. Developers will price their bid more realistically in the coming future (I believe la).

Hence I aim to be able to get a mm at rcr/ocr near city at ard $1300 - $1350 (rate as per 2nd storey).
    Then you should look at Thomson Three. RCR. 2nd floor units at $1215psf (3-bedder) to $1337 psf (most expensive 2-bedder).

Then you should look at Thomson Three. RCR. 2nd floor units at $1215psf (3-bedder) to $1337 psf (most expensive 2-bedder).
    the price tat I hv quoted is mm, not 3 bedders
    I dun wan so near cemetery/crematorium la ... wait I will scare

Quote Originally Posted by lionhill View Post
    In any case, I think sky habitat should be priced higher than sky vue even if they are launched on the same day.

Sky Vue to me is more like HDB.

For new development, people put more focus on the price of psf, after they are topped, people will compare falicities and comfortability too.
    Agreed. Sky Habitat is really so much nicer and liveable.

the price tat I hv quoted is mm, not 3 bedders
    I dun wan so near cemetery/crematorium la ... wait I will scare
    Hahaha Thomson Three not near cemetery la.

Bishan and Novena also on cemetary grounds ma.

Hahaha Thomson Three not near cemetery la.

Bishan and Novena also on cemetary grounds ma.
    joking la, near cemetary will huat wor.
    juz look at Tampines. So bad location yet prices can fight with rcr.

Given similar pricing, I would much prefer Bartley Ridge over Thomson Three for cemetery related areas