Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

Thread: 'Foreigners who buy property in Johor will pay 4-5pc tax'

Blue blood

User Info Menu

Default 'Foreigners who buy property in Johor will pay 4-5pc tax'

[url]http://www.nst.com.my/latest/foreigners-who-buy-property-in-johor-will-pay-4-5pc-tax-1.370926[/url]

PASIR GUDANG: The state government will unveil a new policy on foreign buyers of commercial and residential properties here in a bid to control property prices and foreign ownership by the end of the year or early next year.
    State Housing and Local Government Committee chairman Datuk Abdul Latiff Bandi told reporters here after launching the two-day Green Industrial 2013 seminar at Amansari Residence Resort here today that foreigners will be imposed a four to five per cent tax based on the value of the property.
    "Currently foreign owners have to pay a one-off RM10,000 levy regardless of the price of the property," Abdul Latiff said.

Read more: 'Foreigners who buy property in Johor will pay 4-5pc tax' - Latest - New Straits Times [url]http://www.nst.com.my/latest/foreigners-who-buy-property-in-johor-will-pay-4-5pc-tax-1.370926#ixzz2h2aUiEMk[/url]

User Info Menu

4-5% foreigner ABSD coming.......not unexpected that our northern cousins will copy us & HK.....

Junior

User Info Menu

I wonder if I just escaped this tax or not. Signed the SAP in end July but have not applied for state consent yet. But I calculate the tax should be less than 20 k singapore dollars so not so bad. Wondering if I should use all my equity loan cash to buy or borrow from Malaysian bank to keep some cash at hand in case get cheated and need to fight in court. Lol. Leverage to the max...

Office Boy

User Info Menu

Malaysia's Iskandar depends mainly on foreign investors to buy resale.

DKSG

Junior

User Info Menu

Angry

Quote Originally Posted by DKSG View Post
    Malaysia's Iskandar depends mainly on foreign investors to buy resale.

DKSG
    Foreign investors will come, Johor is changing its image gradually.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by mummy View Post
    I wonder if I just escaped this tax or not. Signed the SAP in end July but have not applied for state consent yet. But I calculate the tax should be less than 20 k singapore dollars so not so bad. Wondering if I should use all my equity loan cash to buy or borrow from Malaysian bank to keep some cash at hand in case get cheated and need to fight in court. Lol. Leverage to the max...
    I share the same plight. Vested one Desaru resort and the other close to Bus interchange Larkin. One is processing the state consent. Hopefully, be able to get it done within the window period.

Junior

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ML-novice View Post
    I share the same plight. Vested one Desaru resort and the other close to Bus interchange Larkin. One is processing the state consent. Hopefully, be able to get it done within the window period.

Hi, pleased to see a fellow investor, feeling very lonely here after lot286 and hynergix disappeared. Do u mind sharing more details of your property? Or can I pm you?

User Info Menu

Hynergix is busy posting on 2 other forums, using another nick.

Que sera sera, no need to worry too much...

Office Boy

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by tradert View Post

Do you think they will up the stamp duty from 4-5% to 8-10% in the near future ?

DKSG

Junior

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by tradert View Post

Yeah I know, I chat with him there.

Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast