Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: MCST charge residents for using clubhouse

Default MCST charge residents for using clubhouse

May I check if anyone encounter the same issue?

I have not come across this in my other units in other condos.

My MCST wants to charge $200 booking fee and $25 per usage for the clubhouse. Aren't the facilities to be free for the residents use?
    This is ridiculous!

Anyone has similar cases in their condo?

Quote Originally Posted by Adva181 View Post

My MCST wants to charge $200 booking fee and $25 per usage for the clubhouse. Aren't the facilities to be free for the residents use?
    This is ridiculous!

Is the booking fee refundable?
    If so, then the $25 usage fee is reasonable.

http://webcache.googleusercontent.co...&ct=clnk&gl=sg

The above is an example of Melville Park's.
    Refundable deposit of $100, non refundable booking fee of $50.

This rule is set by your council members. You go and check with them. The management office people are just following policies set by your neighbours (council members).

This is ridiculous!

Few condos charge. If they do, it is because there is cooking facility & you are paying for gas or electricity, but minimal because how much utility costs can you use for a few hours? May be a few dollars?

This is ridiculous!

Raise it at AGM.
    Quote Originally Posted by thomastansb View Post
    This rule is set by your council members. You go and check with them. The management office people are just following policies set by your neighbours (council members).

Quote Originally Posted by heehee View Post
    Few condos charge. If they do, it is because there is cooking facility & you are paying for gas or electricity, but minimal because how much utility costs can you use for a few hours? May be a few dollars?
    Some condos have large clubhouse rooms for holding birthday parties etc. Their aircons are sized to take on high capacities of people.
    A few hours use is not just a few dollars of utilities.

I have one condo that charges $20 per usage on top of a refundable deposit of $100. The other condos are FOC, just need to provide deposits.

My condo collects $50 refundable deposit and charge a certain amount (can't remember how much) for the usage, we call it function room whereby it allows residents to hold a party or conference there.

teddybear is offline Global recession is coming....

Do these condos charge for using gym? Gym air-con also costs a lot for anybody who use for an hour or more. Furthermore, anybody probably use clubhouse only once a year or twice a year, but could have used the gym once a week or even every day!

Do these condos charge use the swimming pool? Swimming pool maintenance also costs a lot. More use means more wear and tear and more frequent cleaning required.

Do these condos charge for using tennis court? Tennis court maintenance also costs a lot, more use means more wear and tear, especially if used at night the flood light consumes as much electricity as air-con.

So, why charge for clubhouse only?

Quote Originally Posted by triple70 View Post
    Some condos have large clubhouse rooms for holding birthday parties etc. Their aircons are sized to take on high capacities of people.
    A few hours use is not just a few dollars of utilities.

Ya, one of my condo also charge fee for clubhouse usage.
    But I was always thinking - we pay maintenance fee, sinking fund etc why do we still need to pay for something whereby it should be the entitlement of the property when we bought it.

Btw, where in URA or MCST or strata title rules that MCST can charge residents usage of these facilities? Anyone has any info on these? Is this legal in the 1st place?

This is ridiculous!

$25 is to cover the cost of aircon n electrical and cleaning up. its very reasonable.
    “Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.”
    ― Martin Luther King, Jr.

OUT WITH THE SHIT TRASH

https://www.facebook.com/shutdowntrs

Quote Originally Posted by teddybear View Post
    Do these condos charge for using gym? Gym air-con also costs a lot for anybody who use for an hour or more. Furthermore, anybody probably use clubhouse only once a year or twice a year, but could have used the gym once a week or even every day!

Do these condos charge use the swimming pool? Swimming pool maintenance also costs a lot. More use means more wear and tear and more frequent cleaning required.

Do these condos charge for using tennis court? Tennis court maintenance also costs a lot, more use means more wear and tear, especially if used at night the flood light consumes as much electricity as air-con.

how stupid can u be. these common facility have high usage. its build into the cost for all the mthly maintenance. The other facility like rooms are lower utilized. some people dont even use it.

so make sense to charge folks who want to use it for cleaning up and power to use it.

complain n complain so typical.
    “Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.”

OUT WITH THE SHIT TRASH

This is ridiculous!

bro

is this a new condo ?

maybe sinking funds Empty ...so charge for use of club house ...

most older condos its free .... $25 deposit which is refundable ..

Quote Originally Posted by proud owner View Post
    bro

is this a new condo ?

maybe sinking funds Empty ...so charge for use of club house ...

most older condos its free .... $25 deposit which is refundable ..

Service cost structure have changed. ur cleaners n security all cost more these days.

OUT WITH THE SHIT TRASH

Not sure who is so stupid after I have spelled out so clearly the illogical sense of charging for clubhouse use only?

Yes, charge folks who want to use the clubhouse for cleaning up and power to use it. So, it should also fair to charge folks for use of:
    1) gym
    2) swimming pool
    3) tennis court
    Charge them for incurring the need of maintenance of the facilities, cleaning up, wear and tear repairs, etc. No different from the reasons from charging for clubhouse right? So why charge for clubhouse only? Really stupid logic!

If clubhouse rarely used and most people don't use it, then it should incur less maintenance costs! MCST should charge those people who result in incurring higher maintenance costs, not lower!

Ok ok, sometimes, it is useless talking to cows here, but there are many more people who can understand what I mean so my statement is not meant for the cows and cows need not rebutt...

Quote Originally Posted by minority View Post
    how stupid can u be. these common facility have high usage. its build into the cost for all the mthly maintenance. The other facility like rooms are lower utilized. some people dont even use it.

so make sense to charge folks who want to use it for cleaning up and power to use it.

complain n complain so typical.

Originally Posted by teddybear

Not sure who is so stupid after I have spelled out so clearly the illogical sense of charging for clubhouse use only?

Yes, charge folks who want to use the clubhouse for cleaning up and power to use it. So, it should also fair to charge folks for use of:
    1) gym
    2) swimming pool
    3) tennis court
    Charge them for incurring the need of maintenance of the facilities, cleaning up, wear and tear repairs, etc. No different from the reasons from charging for clubhouse right? So why charge for clubhouse only? Really stupid logic!

If clubhouse rarely used and most people don't use it, then it should incur less maintenance costs! MCST should charge those people who result in incurring higher maintenance costs, not lower!

Ok ok, sometimes, it is useless talking to cows here, but there are many more people who can understand what I mean so my statement is not meant for the cows and cows need not rebutt...

hello stupid..

can u read. a not. u spell out so wat? Its a cost structure. dumb ass.

Either u pay $300 a mth or u want everyone pay $320 a mth. if only 20% of household use the club house. only.?

other facilities utilization are alway much higher.

Stupid fools like u keep kpkb.

Older condo fees are set want to change must pass MCST votes. which increase in price no 1 want to pass it. STUPID

OUT WITH THE SHIT TRASH

1) gym
    2) swimming pool
    3) tennis court

I always tell people, dont all fart and not shit (EDB).
    If you not happy, just volunteer yourself and run for election.
    "Never argue with an idiot, or he will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience."

Quote Originally Posted by Ringo33 View Post
    I always tell people, dont all fart and not shit (EDB).
    If you not happy, just volunteer yourself and run for election.
    aiyah this dumb ass can only kpkb tats all. Pay more per mth KPKB. Pay per use KPKB. . Cry god not fair Cry haven no eye. but when u ask him to go do the work it will be resounding silence.

OUT WITH THE SHIT TRASH

my place charge for clubhouse, bbq pits, dining pavilion.. Free for gym, swimming pool. i am quite ok with this as the development considered mid to small size and the monthly maintenance fee is considered reasonable low if compared to recently TOP projects.

in long run, we still need to gather enough sinking fund to maintain these facilities.

Quote Originally Posted by NorthernStar View Post
    my place charge for clubhouse, bbq pits, dining pavilion.. Free for gym, swimming pool. i am quite ok with this as the development considered mid to small size and the monthly maintenance fee is considered reasonable low if compared to recently TOP projects.

in long run, we still need to gather enough sinking fund to maintain these facilities.
    Ya, my place also charge for function room, BBQ pits and karaoke room. Now I start to wonder, why they charge for all these facilities while gym, swimming pool, tennis court and reading room are free. Well it is fine for me anyway.

Maybe function room, BBQ pit and karaoke room have limited slot and yet they allow residents to invite their friends and relatives to use, if it is free, then lots of residents will be fighting for the limited slot whereas gym and reading room are meant for residents only as for swimming pool and tennis court, it is also limited to the number of guests, not sure about other condo but at least mine is like that lor.

Maybe someone is going to scold me stupid liow, stupid thinking, haha.

Quote Originally Posted by irisng View Post
    Ya, my place also charge for function room, BBQ pits and karaoke room. Now I start to wonder, why they charge for all these facilities while gym, swimming pool, tennis court and reading room are free. Well it is fine for me anyway.

Maybe function room, BBQ pit and karaoke room have limited slot and yet they allow residents to invite their friends and relatives to use, if it is free, then lots of residents will be fighting for the limited slot whereas gym and reading room are meant for residents only as for swimming pool and tennis court, it is also limited to the number of guests, not sure about other condo but at least mine is like that lor.

I think the reason behind it is that function room consume large amount of electricity due to its air condition, lighting and it requires extra cleaning and disposal service. unlike gym, function room can only accommodate one user at a time and its over a long period of say 4 to 5 hours per use.
    "Never argue with an idiot, or he will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience."

If you consider these scenarios, who do you think will incur most costs for the estate?
    1) use function room / clubhouse once or twice a year, each time 3 hours (on air-con)
    2) use gym 1 hour every week, 54 times a year (on air-con) + need to service/repair gym equipment
    3) use tennis court 2 hours every week (on flood lights) + need to service/repair flooring

It is obvious that 2 & 3 will incur much more costs. Then, we will ask what is purpose of charging for (1)?
    If to recover costs &/or discourage incurring more costs, then should charge for (2) & (3) as well!

Only idiots here will tell us it is fine to charge (1) because less people use it! So less people means fine?! They probably means they don't use it anyway so ok to charge others? This is just selfish & idiotic thinking.

They then tell us "Either u pay $300 a mth or u want everyone pay $320 a mth. if only 20% of household use the club house. "
    So if charge for clubhouse is justified because reduce maintenance fund to say $300pm, why not charge for tennis court and gym and swimming pool? Can reduce maintenance fund to $200pm since so many people using! Looking from this point of view, not charging is totally unfair for people who don't use all these facilities.
    Oh, I forgot about car park. They should charge for car park since only 33% of families drive in Singapore! Less people use car park, just like clubhouse, why didn't charge to help to reduce maintenance fund? If charge car park means can reduce MF to <$150 pm! Wow! Total can reduce MF to <$150 pm from $320 pm! So unfair to so many people who don't use car park and all those facilities!

In my condos, increase MF fee with inflation we always pass in AGM. Only cheapos like you and cheapo estates full of cheapos like you will not pass MF increase in AGM!

hello stupid..

can u read. a not. u spell out so wat? Its a cost structure. dumb ass.

Either u pay $300 a mth or u want everyone pay $320 a mth. if only 20% of household use the club house. only.?

other facilities utilization are alway much higher.

Stupid fools like u keep kpkb.

Older condo fees are set want to change must pass MCST votes. which increase in price no 1 want to pass it. STUPID
    Last edited by teddybear; 17-10-13 at 09:17.

OMG, such a harmless thread turned into a cock fighting thread, with the competitors starting in the wee hours of the morning.
    Roosters are early birds anyway.

If you live in a condo and are not happy with rules, please get yourself elected into the MC so that you may be able to change the rules.

Quote Originally Posted by irisng View Post

for my place, pool, gym are considered daily usage by the residents and limited to residents only. so, fee may included inside monthly maintenance.. whereas, the bbq, function room are occasional and can invite as many as 30 guests to come.. part of the charge goes for the electricity, cleaning. part of it should goes to sinking fund (my guess only, MCST not formed yet, can't see the accounting book).

The reason for the charge is to prevent abuse of the facility (function room).

Most condo charge nominal fee for function room, karaoke room and tennis court. Unlike the gym, these facilities only allow the user and his/her family/friends to use it for the duration of the booked period. If they are free, then there will be abuse from kaisu and inconsiderate neighbours who will "booked first think (if to use) later". Facilities will then be heavily booked but often left empty simply because it free. This will be unfair to those who really needs it and want to use it.

Just my 2 cents....

If you consider these scenarios, who do you think will incur most costs for the estate?
    1) use function room / clubhouse once or twice a year, each time 3 hours (on air-con)
    2) use gym 1 hour every week, 54 times a year (on air-con) + need to service/repair gym equipment
    3) use tennis court 2 hours every week (on flood lights) + need to service/repair flooring

It is obvious that 2 & 3 will incur much more costs. Then, we will ask what is purpose of charging for (1)?
    If to recover costs &/or discourage incurring more costs, then should charge for (2) & (3) as well!

Only idiots here will tell us it is fine to charge (1) because less people use it! So less people means fine?! They probably means they don't use it anyway so ok to charge others? This is just selfish & idiotic thinking.

They then tell us "Either u pay $300 a mth or u want everyone pay $320 a mth. if only 20% of household use the club house. "
    So if charge for clubhouse is justified because reduce maintenance fund to say $300pm, why not charge for tennis court and gym and swimming pool? Can reduce maintenance fund to $200pm since so many people using! Looking from this point of view, not charging is totally unfair for people who don't use all these facilities.
    Oh, I forgot about car park. They should charge for car park since only 33% of families drive in Singapore! Less people use car park, just like clubhouse, why didn't charge to help to reduce maintenance fund? If charge car park means can reduce MF to <$150 pm! Wow! Total can reduce MF to <$150 pm from $320 pm! So unfair to so many people who don't use car park and all those facilities!

In my condos, increase MF fee with inflation we always pass in AGM. Only cheapos like you and cheapo estates full of cheapos like you will not pass MF increase in AGM!

Have money to buy condo no money to pay for a BBQ pit or club house so people clean up the place.. LOL u are such a failure.!

OUT WITH THE SHIT TRASH

Quote Originally Posted by NorthernStar View Post
    for my place, pool, gym are considered daily usage by the residents and limited to residents only. so, fee may included inside monthly maintenance.. whereas, the bbq, function room are occasional and can invite as many as 30 guests to come.. part of the charge goes for the electricity, cleaning. part of it should goes to sinking fund (my guess only, MCST not formed yet, can't see the accounting book).

Aiyah the stupid fool will say not fair!!!!!! not Fair!!!! KPKB...

OUT WITH THE SHIT TRASH

Have money to buy condo but no money to pay more maintenance fund due to inflation and wear-and-tear maintenance and repairs? Don't want to approve MF fund increase for these? Want to squeeze the minority owners just because they use the clubhouses but you don't? Can't afford but want to tell people you can afford condo? What a cheapo and a failure!

Have money to buy condo no money to pay for a BBQ pit or club house so people clean up the place.. LOL u are such a failure.!

It depends on the council members and the residents there. Obviously the residents decided that usage of the room is chargeable. If the members pass a law saying $2 per entry to pool and gym, then everyone pays. It is not so much on clubhouse uses air con or gym also use aircon. It is whether the residents r there want to charge or not. My condo charge me $130 a month for car park whereas most condos are free parking. But majority wins unless you own 51% of the units there.

Have money to buy condo but no money to pay more maintenance fund due to inflation and wear-and-tear maintenance and repairs? Don't want to approve MF fund increase for these? Want to squeeze the minority owners just because they use the clubhouses but you don't? Can't afford but want to tell people you can afford condo? What a cheapo and a failure!