Page 1 of 9 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Considering Iskandar.....

User Info Menu

Default Considering Iskandar.....

Hi All,

I am also toying with the idea of a double story terrace house in Iskandar. To me, the key benefits are that I can actually stay in my foreign property

I really do not believe that the crime rate in Iskandar is worrying....it really is a suburb with mainly gated communities Having lived abroad for some time, I have seen my share of western countries with their safety issues. You will never find another place like Singapore when it comes to safety, period, so no point making comparisons.

While I don't believe that prices will explode like that of Singapore, I believe that some capital appreciation is at hand, since there are so many new commercial developments coming up. But the key thing about Iskandar is that it is as much a livable and viable alternate housing to Singapore, as it is an investment venture. So at the end of the day, you could just very well live there

I am going to take a drive one of these days just to see the actual distance during peak hours from some places in Iskandar to where I work.

I was hoping if anyone could enlighten me on the following

1) To those who are living at Iskandar and commuting to work, how long does it take to say, the Central region in the morning? What time do you leave home and what time do you leave the office?

2) How do you solve the issue of mails being delivered from Gov or other formal type correspondences. Do you just give your Johor address or do you have another address where the mails are delivered to? Does the Gov require you to have a Singapore address at all?

3) Where is the best location to find a double story terrace house under 1 Mio in terms of overall benefits (proximity to Singapore, gated, nearby amenities) I do not need any fancy golf courses, creeks etc (I doubt my price range could get that )

4) Do banks in Malaysia take into account your existing properties/mortgages when granting you a loan? Anyone know the typical success criteria for getting a loan in Malaysia?

5) To those who are staying there, could you briefly describe your experiences/encounters, dos and dont's etc?

Thanks All

Junior

User Info Menu

you should go to livinginjb forum...can find yr answers there better...

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by mummy View Post
    you should go to livinginjb forum...can find yr answers there better...
    ktvs in jb are also better .... kuai lai jb de ktv ah ... pian yi ah....

Bag Lover

User Info Menu

I seldom see people carrying branded bags in JB.......
    A bag full of tricks !

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by chloechen View Post
    I seldom see people carrying branded bags in JB.......
    Branded underwear is ok...

Junior

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Mu View Post
    Hi All,

I am also toying with the idea of a double story terrace house in Iskandar. To me, the key benefits are that I can actually stay in my foreign property

I really do not believe that the crime rate in Iskandar is worrying....it really is a suburb with mainly gated communities Having lived abroad for some time, I have seen my share of western countries with their safety issues. You will never find another place like Singapore when it comes to safety, period, so no point making comparisons.

While I don't believe that prices will explode like that of Singapore, I believe that some capital appreciation is at hand, since there are so many new commercial developments coming up. But the key thing about Iskandar is that it is as much a livable and viable alternate housing to Singapore, as it is an investment venture. So at the end of the day, you could just very well live there

I am going to take a drive one of these days just to see the actual distance during peak hours from some places in Iskandar to where I work.

I was hoping if anyone could enlighten me on the following

1) To those who are living at Iskandar and commuting to work, how long does it take to say, the Central region in the morning? What time do you leave home and what time do you leave the office?

2) How do you solve the issue of mails being delivered from Gov or other formal type correspondences. Do you just give your Johor address or do you have another address where the mails are delivered to? Does the Gov require you to have a Singapore address at all?

3) Where is the best location to find a double story terrace house under 1 Mio in terms of overall benefits (proximity to Singapore, gated, nearby amenities) I do not need any fancy golf courses, creeks etc (I doubt my price range could get that )

4) Do banks in Malaysia take into account your existing properties/mortgages when granting you a loan? Anyone know the typical success criteria for getting a loan in Malaysia?

5) To those who are staying there, could you briefly describe your experiences/encounters, dos and dont's etc?

Thanks All
    Year 2030 will be the maturity date of Iskandar.

We have 12 years from now to go in. Just take our own sweet time and see how things pan out along with the property cycle.

User Info Menu

You can read Living in JB thread, or Iskandarliving forum.

My only advice is to try renting first if you aren't sure about the commute and lifestyle. You can still rent a terrace in Horizon Hills for RM 3k.

If you've finally decided to buy, consider buying from the secondary market, as WYSIWYG. Plus landed owners usually spend a bit of money on renovation compared to condos.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by solsys View Post
    Year 2030 will be the maturity date of Iskandar.

We have 12 years from now to go in. Just take our own sweet time and see how things pan out along with the property cycle.
    I think if we're too late it the prices might be simply too high....If it comes close to SG property, then to me the answer is clear, definitely choose SG property no matter what... I think now is about the right time...could be wrong though

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by tradert View Post
    You can read Living in JB thread, or Iskandarliving forum.

My only advice is to try renting first if you aren't sure about the commute and lifestyle. You can still rent a terrace in Horizon Hills for RM 3k.

If you've finally decided to buy, consider buying from the secondary market, as WYSIWYG. Plus landed owners usually spend a bit of money on renovation compared to condos.
    Thanks for the info Thats a brilliant idea...maybe rent first and see how its like
    I surely want to buy landed, top ready units....I am rather skeptical about Malaysian Condos...the problem is maintenance...I've seen many condos in KL where the owners leave or rent out and stop paying maintenance...then the condo becomes a nightmare...At least with landed you have full control...

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Mu View Post
    Thanks for the info Thats a brilliant idea...maybe rent first and see how its like
    I surely want to buy landed, top ready units....I am rather skeptical about Malaysian Condos...the problem is maintenance...I've seen many condos in KL where the owners leave or rent out and stop paying maintenance...then the condo becomes a nightmare...At least with landed you have full control...
    If you look hard enough, can still find Semi-D for about 1 mil RM at Mount Austin area.

Page 1 of 9 123456789 LastLast