Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910

Thread: Land Storm is Here!! (Part II)

Quote Originally Posted by mummy View Post
    Having lived in both a condo and now a landed, I do find the maintenance cost if landed much lower than condo. Tho my landed is about 30 years old, no major prob and no issues with termites the last 4 years we have been staying here.
    Agreed, pretty low if the house is well designed. Use good roof tiles, and extend the roof by around 500mm to protect the paintwork. Use PVC windows for heat and sound insulation. (You seldom get to use them in Condos because developers are often cheapskate! So far, I've only seen CDL projs using PVC windows) 15 years and the paint and windows still look new!

The only extra money you got to put in is probably asking pest control to come and remove some silly bee hives built in your compound once in a long while ... or loan a cage to trap stranded monkeys. Hahaha.

Maintenance cost won't rocket until you've got a pool, lift and security guards in your landed.

Quote Originally Posted by Ringo33 View Post
    Didnt expect this thread to be so interesting that it could actually entice you to starting posting again after nearly 4 months.

BEWARE
    I will second your opinion rgd the cycle phase we are in, the market seems to be filled with greed right now. Let us patiently wait for the fear to critically strike the market hard! People will start throwing durians then!

Good roof tiles that does not turn moldy especially near trees. External paintwork can really last for 8 years if they are good quality. Mine lasted for 10 years.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC08 View Post
    Agreed, pretty low if the house is well designed. Use good roof tiles, and extend the roof by around 500mm to protect the paintwork. Use PVC windows for heat and sound insulation. (You seldom get to use them in Condos because developers are often cheapskate! So far, I've only seen CDL projs using PVC windows) 15 years and the paint and windows still look new!

The only extra money you got to put in is probably asking pest control to come and remove some silly bee hives built in your compound once in a long while ... or loan a cage to trap stranded monkeys. Hahaha.

Maintenance cost won't rocket until you've got a pool, lift and security guards in your landed.

Quote Originally Posted by DC33_2008 View Post
    Good roof tiles that does not turn moldy especially near trees. External paintwork can really last for 8 years if they are good quality. Mine lasted for 10 years.
    How long it can last pretty much depends on how long the owner(s) wants it to last isnt it? some can live with it for 15-20 years and say it still looks acceptable, while some will get a fresh coat every other year.
    "Never argue with an idiot, or he will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience."

It depends on upkeep and colour too. My internal paint lasted 14 years while external paint for 10 years. It cost me $7000 to repaint the whole house. Certainly cheaper than a condo.
    How long it can last pretty much depends on how long the owner(s) wants it to last isnt it? some can live with it for 15-20 years and say it still looks acceptable, while some will get a fresh coat every other year.

Quote Originally Posted by DC33_2008 View Post
    use those interlocking roofs and avoid Flat roofs and the roof will last many years. tiled roofs usually leak the the joints at the very top or where they meet a wall. Seldom do they leak in between.

The other thing that bugs me are trees. although they provide good shade, some shed so much leaves... clogging the drains and gutters and require so much constant maintenance cleaning and sweeping.

Are you so naïve and arrogant to believe that the current property slowdown is actually due to demand and supply?

Once the cooling measures are relaxed, let see who has the last laugh.

Didnt expect this thread to be so interesting that it could actually entice you to starting posting again after nearly 4 months.

BEWARE

Quote Originally Posted by MLP View Post
    Are you so naïve and arrogant to believe that the current property slowdown is actually due to demand and supply?

Why are you contradicting yourself with such childish and nonsensical questions?

On one hand you are saying there is a slow down, on the other hand you are questioning the validity of supply and demand.

Very amateurish leh
    "Never argue with an idiot, or he will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience."

Haha...Ringo....Ringo...Don't fool yourself lah. You have been in self denial state for a long time. Don't use the URA charts to hide your ignorance (or shall I said stupidity). We know very clearly that, in Singapore, it is the government who ultimately control the ups and downs of property prices.

The earlier you wake up to face the reality, the better you will be. Do something about your dream landed property before the government removes ABSD and other cooling measures.

Our property expert, Mr. Kuek has already hinted to the government about that. It is just a matter of time before this happens.

Now, Ringo....What say you?

Why are you contradicting yourself with such childish and nonsensical questions?

On one hand you are saying there is a slow down, on the other hand you are questioning the validity of supply and demand.

Very amateurish leh

Haha...Ringo....Ringo...Don't fool yourself lah. You have been in self denial state for a long time. Don't use the URA charts to hide your ignorance (or shall I said stupidity). We know very clearly that, in Singapore, it is the government who ultimately control the ups and downs of property prices.

The earlier you wake up to face the reality, the better you will be. Do something about your dream landed property before the government removes ABSD and other cooling measures.

Our property expert, Mr. Kuek has already hinted to the government about that. It is just a matter of time before this happens.

Now, Ringo....What say you?

I can see you are diverting this discussion from demand and supply into something that is totally irrelevant.

Like I said before, troll will always be troll no matter how many forum account you create. So please dont waste our time.

Haha....Ringo....Ringo....You are the one who contradict yourself. Everyone in this forum knows who the actual troll is. And who is wasting everybody's time here. Don't try to pretend you are an elite and please, don't try to lift yourself. You are nobody.

In this forum, we all treat you like a joker, purely for weekend entertainment only. Nothing else!!!

I can see you are diverting this discussion from demand and supply into something that is totally irrelevant.

Like I said before, troll will always be troll no matter how many forum account you create. So please dont waste our time.

Haha....Ringo....Ringo....You are the one who contradict yourself. Everyone in this forum knows who the actual troll is. And who is wasting everybody's time here. Don't try to pretend you are an elite and please, don't try to lift yourself. You are nobody.

In this forum, we all treat you like a joker, purely for weekend entertainment only. Nothing else!!!
    Haha....MLP....MLP....You are the one who contradict yourself (we all can see from a few post earlier). Everyone in this forum knows who the actual trolls who like to talk jiao wei in this forum.

In this forum, we all know trolls like to operate multiple forum accounts, purely for talking jiao wei, so jiao that they cant even tell the difference between weekday and weekend.

Ha...Ha...Ringo...Ringo....Why are you so thick skin and make so many "enemies" here? Why are you unhappy with landed property owners?

Anyway, thanks for the weekend entertainment. Perhaps you are bored and tried to put a show in the virtual world? But I think you really should go and see a psychiatrist. Your head may need some adjustment....

Haha....MLP....MLP....You are the one who contradict yourself (we all can see from a few post earlier). Everyone in this forum knows who the actual trolls who like to talk jiao wei in this forum.

In this forum, we all know trolls like to operate multiple forum accounts, purely for talking jiao wei, so jiao that they cant even tell the difference between weekday and weekend.

See how you contradict yourself?

First you say there is a slowdown, and then you question if it is due to supply and demand?

this sound like a wannabe trying to pretend to be smart leh..

Hmmmmmm ......

The core fundamental will always be demand and supply. Implementing cooling measures will impact the demand and supply curve. Removing cooling measures will also impact the demand and supply curve ... Souring of external economy will also impact the demand and supply curve ...

Ha...Ha....Ringo....Ringo...I am not smart but you always pretend to be smart to talk down on landed properties.

Whatever you said in this forum are actually a reflection of your true self. Can't you see that? I doubt so.

But I must admit it is a good form of entertainment for the weekend only!

Keep trying! Moron....

See how you contradict yourself?

First you say there is a slowdown, and then you question if it is due to supply and demand?

this sound like a wannabe trying to pretend to be smart leh..

Ha...Ha....Ringo....Ringo...I am not smart but pretend to be smart .
    you should activate your other forum accounts to rally behind you. That will certainly make you sound more credible than you sprouting childish comments by yourself.

Might want to do some reading on principle of supply and demand, that will certainly help you understand what adults are talking in this forum.