Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast

Thread: Land Storm is Here!! (Part II)

Quote Originally Posted by Ringo33 View Post
    landed property is no different from condo or penthouses, except that for condo, the estate will take care of whatever that is outside the house which including roof leaking, painting, water seepage, while for landed owner will have to take care of everything from A-Z.

For landed property, there are many hidden expenses. One which people rarely talk about is their bill for pest control, be it snakes, rodent, and termite. And such expenses are recurrence because subterranean termites can happen anywhere and anytime. I think for a routine check plus baits, it should come up to about 2 to 3K per year.

Another major expenses which you cant avoid is air condition, because every 10 to 15 years (at max) you will need to install new aircon system which include re doing all the gas pipping. For landed, the bill will easily come up to >$40k upwards. (in this area, there is to replacement for displacement)

Other bills to consider will of course be automatic main gate, alarm system, electrical system etc. And if you have a pool, the cost of maintaining it alone will cost more than the maintenance fee of most condo. The worst part of it is that, most landed owners wont even bother to use their own pools because they are too small.

And like in condo, those decking around the pools will usually need to be refitted again after every 10 years, and that will easily cost $50k depending on size.

In this business there is no replacement for displacement. The bigger the house the more repair you need. And for landed you will never be able to get the same economy of scale when sourcing for contractor as you dont have a professional estate manager to take care of the place.

$2-3k PER YEAR alone for pest control? IN SINGAPORE?
    YOU MUST BE JOKING?

Does not know why R33 wants to say thinks that has no basis. Only landed property owners know best.
    Quote Originally Posted by thomaspaine View Post
    YOU MUST BE JOKING?

YOU MUST BE JOKING?

A little knowledge is a very dangerous thing.

May I suggest you call up pest control companies in Singapore and ask them what sort of package to treat termite for landed property.

if I am joking, you must be the joker then.
    "Never argue with an idiot, or he will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience."

A little knowledge is a very dangerous thing.

May I suggest you call up pest control companies in Singapore and ask them what sort of package to treat termite for landed property.

if I am joking, you must be the joker then.

When I first joined this forum not too long ago, I thought you made some sense. After following for a short while, I can't help but change my mind completely.

You are too biased in some of your views ( especially landed property). It's such a pity that you throw away your credibility over your hidden agenda ( God knows why?) about landed property. I can only speculate that you owned one or more before and made a switch to another class of property and probably realized you made the wrong decision. Live and let live la R33.

About termites, how many landed properties need termite care on an annual basis?

When I first joined this forum not too long ago, I thought you made some sense. After following for a short while, I can't help but change my mind completely.

You are too biased in some of your views ( especially landed property). It's such a pity that you throw away your credibility over your hidden agenda ( God knows why?) about landed property. I can only speculate that you owned one or more before and made a switch to another class of property and probably realized you made the wrong decision. Live and let live la R33.

About termites, how many landed properties need termite care on an annual basis?
    Have you call up pest control companies to find out how much is the annual package for termite? If not how do you know that I am joking?
    "Never argue with an idiot, or he will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience."

Which one did u call? Is starting with R, P or ....? Hope u will change for the better in the year of the horse.
    Have you call up pest control companies to find out how much is the annual package for termite? If not how do you know that I am joking?

Quote Originally Posted by DC33_2008 View Post
    Which one did u call? Is starting with R, P or ....? Hope u will change for the better in the year of the horse.
    Chinese new year is coming better don't tua kang and talk so much jiao wei.

Seems that leopard does not changes its spot. [QUOTE=Ringo33;460240]Chinese new year is coming better don't tua kang and talk so much jiao wei.[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=DC33_2008;460249]Seems that leopard does not changes its spot.
    Chinese new year is coming better don't tua kang and talk so much jiao wei.[/QUOTE]
    Man with substance with not tell lies.

Senior guy from URA? Dont give me all that nonsensical BS about what you know and you landed property. You are merely a freeloader living in your parents home.

Quote Originally Posted by DC33_2008 View Post
    Heard from a senior guy in URA that MND and URA are not moving to JLD. The only agency of MND, the BCA, is moving to JLD.

If it doesnt exist, how are you suppose to show us anything? And honestly if YOU really have what you claim YOU have, then YOU surely wont be telling us that maintenance cost of landed is cheaper than a condo.

EPIC.
    Having lived in both a condo and now a landed, I do find the maintenance cost if landed much lower than condo. Tho my landed is about 30 years old, no major prob and no issues with termites the last 4 years we have been staying here.

Quote Originally Posted by mummy View Post
    Having lived in both a condo and now a landed, I do find the maintenance cost if landed much lower than condo. Tho my landed is about 30 years old, no major prob and no issues with termites the last 4 years we have been staying here.
    I agree, unless you have swimming pools, lifts, security, facilities in your landed too.

I don't think he ever stays in landed....maybe he was trying his wonder to see if his condo price stays while landed pricing crashes so that he can make his switch.......anyway none of our business but if he talk nonsense, let him be don't join him. after a while it will die of natural death...

There is certain amount of truth that termite seem to be more active in certain area. Probably to do with what the kind used to be , particularly if it used to be plantation.

Annual package inspection which about 4-6 times a year cost about $600-800. It does not include treatment (except localised treatment which they just sprinkle powder.)

To destroy the nest which usually lies undergtound, xterm is one such treatment..cost me $1500..It baiting which involve setting traps and visit for fortnightly for few mths..

So far, in my 10 years stay , I have to do 2 major treatment but annual inspection package. .

Btw if u buy a new landed or A&A or rebuild your landed, it usually comes with 5 yrs anti termite warranty. Lol

Quote Originally Posted by Adva181 View Post
    Btw if u buy a new landed or A&A or rebuild your landed, it usually comes with 5 yrs anti termite warranty. Lol
    aiyo dont be so naive lah, developers and contractors are not pest controller nor are they expert in termite. Such warranty basically tell you that whoever that is provided the warranty gimmick simply engage pest control companies on your behalf to take care of your place for 5 years and all the cost is already factor into the cost

Isnt that a validation that termite is a genuine problem for landed property, especially those who uses alot of wood and decking etc.

Dont believe just ask the pest control guys loh, they will tell you plenty of interesting stories.

Quote Originally Posted by UltimateAro888 View Post
    There is certain amount of truth that termite seem to be more active in certain area. Probably to do with what the kind used to be , particularly if it used to be plantation.

Annual package inspection which about 4-6 times a year cost about $600-800. It does not include treatment (except localised treatment which they just sprinkle powder.)

To destroy the nest which usually lies undergtound, xterm is one such treatment..cost me $1500..It baiting which involve setting traps and visit for fortnightly for few mths..

So far, in my 10 years stay , I have to do 2 major treatment but annual inspection package. .
    subterranean termite are the most difficult to treat as they grow in the ground and they can travel through the gaps between water pipes and power cable, which mean they could move around your entire house without you knowing.

Usually you will not know they existed until you start to see mud trails and wood fixtures being eaten up. And these include vanity tops, door frame parquet flooring etc. And for big house its possible there have more than on colonies.

Hence if you are going to spending thousands in fitting out your landed property with wooden cabinet wardrobe etc, then make sure you set aside some budget for pest controls.

aiyo dont be so naive lah, developers and contractors are not pest controller nor are they expert in termite. Such warranty basically tell you that whoever that is provided the warranty gimmick simply engage pest control companies on your behalf to take care of your place for 5 years and all the cost is already factor into the cost

Isnt that a validation that termite is a genuine problem for landed property, especially those who uses alot of wood and decking etc.

Dont believe just ask the pest control guys loh, they will tell you plenty of interesting stories.
    Lol.. I am main contractor. You trying to teach me? Lol
    Of course I know all these. I am just informing those who are not aware.
    HNWI do not care so much about factoring in cost, they just do not want headache.

There are some landed estate with more pest problem. Luckily mine isn't.

I suggest u stay in your JG thread Mr great defender. Only post here when you are of equal status.

Replying every thread isn't doing you any good.
    I suggest you stay to those you are truly expert in.

Oh, by the way, every building in SG must provide pest control and 5yrs warranty. Including your dear JG condo or any schools, shopping centre etc.
    Doing pest control does not prove landed has more pest, it's just a standard requirement. Lol

Lol.. I am main contractor. You trying to teach me? Lol
    Of course I know all these. I am just informing those who are not aware.
    HNWI do not care so much about factoring in cost, they just do not want headache.

There are some landed estate with more pest problem. Luckily mine isn't.

I suggest u stay in your JG thread Mr great defender. Only post here when you are of equal status.

Replying every thread isn't doing you any good.
    I suggest you stay to those you are truly expert in.

I am just highlighting facts which contractors like yourself will intentionally omitted because of self interest.

And since when have I ever say that condo doesnt have termite concern when we all know that condo will have their own pest control program.

Its only those ignorant people who will say that termite is not an issue for landed dweller and believe that cost of maintaining landed property is cheaper than one living in condo.

Honestly if you need to bring yourself to that level of arguing about landed property maintenance cost, then I think you shouldnt be living in landed property in the first place and this only validate my point that not all landed property owners are rich.

Oh, by the way, every building in SG must provide pest control and 5yrs warranty. Including your dear JG condo or any schools, shopping centre etc.
    Doing pest control does not prove landed has more pest, it's just a standard requirement. Lol
    In trying to defend yourself, now 5 yrs warranty is such a big deal for a landed property? How many landed property in Singapore are under warranty in the first place and what happen after 5 years? you rebuild again to enjoy the 5 years warranty?

Want to talk, please try to talk like a man instead of sneaking here and there trying to hide facts. Worst is coming from someone who claim to be a contractor to argue that cost of maintaining landed property is cheaper than condo. Wonder what kind of things he will con his clients into believing it is cheaper to live in landed property..

No point wasting my time arguing with you.

Contractor do not need to cheat. There are Architect, Resident Technical Officer and BCA to check each and every work so pest control is a must.
    You think all contractors think so lowly like you?

I did not mention in any chat that landed has lower maintenance than condo. I only said to HNWI, we see these as insignificant.

Omg why am I wasting my time replying you?
    I cannot be that brainless to be able to own 5 properties right?
    So how many do you have then?

You can call me arrogant, at least I have the capability and means to be arragont. You?

If you are really so smart, why aren't you making full use of your time working or thinking how to make more money rather than camping here replying every thread?

End day whatever u say doesn't matter.
    It's $$$ that counts.

Come talk to us again only when you are of the same league.

No change for the better over the new year.

Contractor do not need to cheat. There are Architect, Resident Technical Officer and BCA to check each and every work so pest control is a must.

I did not mention in any chat that landed has lower maintenance than condo. I only said to HNWI, we see these as insignificant.

You can call me arrogant, at least I have the capability and means to be arragont. You?

If you are really so smart, why aren't you making full use of your time working or thinking how to make more money rather than camping here replying every thread?

It's $$$ that counts.

It's $$$ that counts.

Like I said it many times before. A man with substance doesn't need to bring himself so low to brag about his wealth and how many properties he own in social forum. It's only the wannabe will try to use baseless assumptions to try to suppress his opponents. So what if you own 5. Does it add more weight to what you said?

I am not even surprise to see this contractor comparing maintenance cost of condo to repairing cost of landed and then turn around to claim the landed property owners are all hnwi so it doesn't matter. Then again what proof does he have to support his claim when we all know that average household income of landed is not so much higher compare to condo.

Like I said it many times before. A man with substance doesn't need to bring himself so low to brag about his wealth and how many properties he own in social forum. It's only the wannabe will try to use baseless assumptions to try to suppress his opponents. So what if you own 5. Does it add more weight to what you said?

I am not even surprise to see this contractor comparing maintenance cost of condo to repairing cost of landed and then turn around to claim the landed property owners are all hnwi so it doesn't matter. Then again what proof does he have to support his claim when we all know that average household income of landed is not so much higher compare to condo.
    Lol ok la ok la, Mr great defender. Let you win ok? Happy?
    Didn't want to quarrel or waste my time here during CNY.

Lol ok la ok la, Mr great defender. Let you win ok? Happy?
    Didn't want to quarrel or waste my time here during CNY.
    a) There is no need for me to defend anything because its a FACT that cost of maintaining landed property is always higher than condo because of the shear size and because you need to take care of everything from A to Z.

b) There is no need for me to defend anything because average household income statistic can be found in public domain.

c) There is no need for me to defend anything because pest is a common problem with landed housing

As a contractor who owns 5 properties, I am not sure why you still speaks like you are still in primary school.

Hopeless, Period...

Hopeless, Period...
    Yes, landed property market now looks pretty hopeless, especially for those who just enter the market recently.

Yes, landed property market now looks pretty hopeless, especially for those who just enter the market recently.
    Haha,....Ringo,,,,Ringo, you will not give up, will you? I came here to see if there is any good advice on buying a landed property. But you just keep talking all kinds of bullshit. Just sound like an idiot as your tag line suggested...

Quote Originally Posted by MLP View Post
    Haha,....Ringo,,,,Ringo, you will not give up, will you? I came here to see if there is any good advice on buying a landed property. But you just keep talking all kinds of bullshit. Just sound like an idiot as your tag line suggested...

Didnt expect this thread to be so interesting that it could actually entice you to starting posting again after nearly 4 months.

BEWARE

What did I tell you last year? Better sell your landed instead of listening to all those fools who are trying to tell you that landed owners are deep pocket, holding power, own stay, long term, no new supply bla bla bla..

When come to investment, NEVER try to catch a falling knife because you always get hurt..

BEWARE!!!

Default Waiting for the rain to stop, so that I can work on the land

Last edited by Arcachon; 02-02-14 at 16:29.