Thread: Investment Ideas

Default Investment Ideas

Good Day Forummers,

Cash: 3million SGD
    Income: 110K SGD a month
    Expenses: 20k SGD a month

If you are on the above mentioned situation, how would you play the property game in Singapore?

for example buy 2 MM units at D15 and rent it out?

Please share

Thanks Much

Quote Originally Posted by kellogs View Post
    Good Day Forummers,

If you are on the above mentioned situation, how would you play the property game in Singapore?

Please share

Thanks Much
    If you have so much $$, go private banking and get professional help rather than depending on a bunch of motley crew in ths forum
    When you have eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth

Good Day Forummers,

Please share

Thanks Much
    IF. I will make sure I channel my wealth to some offshore account to avoid paying 20% income tax.
    "Never argue with an idiot, or he will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience."

Good Day Forummers,

Please share

Thanks Much
    I tink we shld ask u for investment ideas instead! Lol

Quote Originally Posted by Ringo33 View Post
    IF. I will make sure I channel my wealth to some offshore account to avoid paying 20% income tax.
    i dont mind paying the 20% if i earn so much.
    Ong lai ah!

Good Day Forummers,

Please share

Thanks Much
    LOL I "think" you would be in a different league from the players in this forum and I agree with the other forum member that you should take professional advice, including tax planning and estate planning aspects.

Buying and renting out 2 MM units at D15 considered peanuts to you. And you should spread your investment horizons beyond our shores.

Quote Originally Posted by Ringo33 View Post

What do u mean???

Forget about district 15, go buy a few units of Duo Residences

With this portfolio, you will have access to many other investment options.

My 2 cent view if this is to invest on Sg real estate.

I will seek as much leverage as possible like getting another 3-5 million loan.
    Buy two 4-storeys landed property and rent out to 8 unit of tenants.

Possible scenario : 300+k Annual rental income
    Expense : 60k interest+ 30k (tax, other)

Based on cash outlay, ROI could be around 6-7%

Not very attractive IMHO.

Is this a hoax n I smell a rat? with $3 mil in cash coming to this forum to ask how to invest?

Quote Originally Posted by GForce View Post
    Is this a hoax n I smell a rat? with $3 mil in cash coming to this forum to ask how to invest?
    this is a response to another forummer with $10k salary, $100 cash saving, $450k mortgage wanting to get another property.

so far we have 1-3. Not yet encounter 4).
    1) YT 7k monthly income + rental income getting Mt Sinai
    2) Thermofisher 10k monthly income getting addiitional PC
    3) Kellogs 110k monthly income + $3mil cash asking for advise
    4) ????? $1million monthly income +$30mil cash asking for advise.

This is not a hoax or scam.

I am asking because I would like to have a broad opinion from members on this forum.

I appreciate for your time to reply on this thread.

Some of the ideas like buying 2 x landed home would be far too stretch on the cash?

Duo seems like an interesting project.

Buy 1 decent size unit or 2 studios with loan?

Thanks much!

Quote Originally Posted by GForce View Post
    There are alot of humble rich man lah.
    I ask similar questions too but nobody believe and try to gun down.
    Rich people can get bored at times too.

I am asking because I would like to have a broad opinion from members on this forum.

Some of the ideas like buying 2 x landed home would be far too stretch on the cash?

Thanks much!
    I guess different people will made their investment decision based on their risk appetite, objective, needs and horizon.

The 2 x landed is just my approach in this situation.

Duo definitely situated at prime location and consider a decent options.

With 3 million Cash, one can definitely afford 2 studio/1 bedder without any loans. In fact consider DUO TOP in 2018 and progressive payment, if the cash inflow situation remain unchanged till 2018, it is theoretical possible to get 5-6 units without any loan. However i can imagine it will be very stressful to live with that kind of cash flow planning.

Quote Originally Posted by pctey22 View Post
    I guess different people will made their investment decision based on their risk appetite, objective, needs and horizon.

With 3 million Cash, one can definitely afford 2 studio/1 bedder without any loans. In fact consider DUO TOP in 2018 and progressive payment, if the cash inflow situation remain unchanged till 2018, it is theoretical possible to get 5-6 units without any loan. However i can imagine it will be very stressful to live with that kind of cash flow planning.

HI pctey22 !!! you joined in Feb 2009 and your 1st 2 posts are already so bullish albeit to a cash-rich individual ! you must have bought many properties in the run-up. anyway for purchase of 2 terrace (about 3.2mil fh terrace x 2 = 6.4mil progressive payment) or 5 to 6 duo condo (about 1.1mil lh 1br x 6 = 6.6mil progressive payment), will attract absd of 7 or 10% depending on current holdings. this works out to 7 +3% stamp + 20% dp = 30% within 8 weeks of ~ 2.1mil (or more). which nicely fits the ts $3mil cash. simply nice calculations. didn't want to comment on your 1st maiden post until i see the beauty of your planning from your 2nd posting.

only thing is whether ts is willing to spent 7 or 10% on absd, meaning 400 to 600k on absd alone. prob ts can get multiple units discount? or ask agent for help.

btw are you in real estate? what is your reading of the market goiing forward? do you think ocr will really go into oversupply? thanks in advance.

New condo to be launched soon by Capitaland at former Marine Point site. Watch out for it for your D15 investments

Donate everything to charity and pray for good returns in intangible ways.

I have 10M Cash. and 20M Loan and some illiquid equity of 40M

How should I invest? How How How? pls advice.
    “Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.”
    ― Martin Luther King, Jr.

OUT WITH THE SHIT TRASH

https://www.facebook.com/shutdowntrs

Quote Originally Posted by minority View Post
    I have 10M Cash. and 20M Loan and some illiquid equity of 40M

How should I invest? How How How? pls advice.
    Have u considered world domination?

Consider becoming a SSH of some construction/developer company....

Thanks much!
    Ok, i take u at ur word.
    What purpose do u have in mind at getting 1 decent size or 2 studios with loan?
    How much money leftover?

Hi pctey22,

Thank you very much for your response. Do you have any suggestion on the landed units?

I think the challenge would to find tenants afterward?

If you are not comfortable for the recommendation in the public, please kindly drop me a PM

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by lifeline View Post
    HI pctey22 !!! you joined in Feb 2009 and your 1st 2 posts are already so bullish albeit to a cash-rich individual ! you must have bought many properties in the run-up. anyway for purchase of 2 terrace (about 3.2mil fh terrace x 2 = 6.4mil progressive payment) or 5 to 6 duo condo (about 1.1mil lh 1br x 6 = 6.6mil progressive payment), will attract absd of 7 or 10% depending on current holdings. this works out to 7 +3% stamp + 20% dp = 30% within 8 weeks of ~ 2.1mil (or more). which nicely fits the ts $3mil cash. simply nice calculations. didn't want to comment on your 1st maiden post until i see the beauty of your planning from your 2nd posting.

only thing is whether ts is willing to spent 7 or 10% on absd, meaning 400 to 600k on absd alone. prob ts can get multiple units discount? or ask agent for help.

btw are you in real estate? what is your reading of the market goiing forward? do you think ocr will really go into oversupply? thanks in advance.
    Hi Lifeline

To your qns:

1. I not in real estate business but do have my own investment in it.

2. I not bullish and in fact my personal view is Market is pretty uncertain and am taking defensive approach. Executing an real estate deal at any market can be long as at time tricky and operating rental units has its own issues, therefore i do not see investment in real estate as neat and tidy as compare to other financial instrument. However i see real estate as natural hedge to inflation and dependable source of passive income.

3. I did not research much on OCR and could not comment on its trend.Personally on high level, i find their current prices relatively less attractive.

Hi Lifeline

To your qns:

1. I not in real estate business but do have my own investment in it.

2. I not bullish and in fact my personal view is Market is pretty uncertain and am taking defensive approach. Executing an real estate deal at any market can be long as at time tricky and operating rental units has its own issues, therefore i do not see investment in real estate as neat and tidy as compare to other financial instrument. However i see real estate as natural hedge to inflation and dependable source of passive income.

3. I did not research much on OCR and could not comment on its trend.Personally on high level, i find their current prices relatively less attractive.
    Thanks for sharing your views !