Thread: Does developers/main contractors matters?

Default Does developers/main contractors matters?

when u buy a ppty, be it BUC or resale, r u concerned as to who is the developers/main contractors?
    which is more impt actually?

Quote Originally Posted by mermaid View Post
    when u buy a ppty, be it BUC or resale, r u concerned as to who is the developers/main contractors?
    For BUC, main contractor may have not been selected at point of deciding to buy. Developer is more important as good developer will also ensure that main contractor is a reliable one.

For resale (excluding subsale) you buy based on what you see. Thus Developer / main con not so important. This is my view.

Quote Originally Posted by RSG View Post
    For BUC, main contractor may have not been selected at point of deciding to buy. Developer is more important as good developer will also ensure that main contractor is a reliable one.

For resale (excluding subsale) you buy based on what you see. Thus Developer / main con not so important. This is my view.
    gd developers means can ensure better quality meh? den how come recently got a few claims agst CDL?

hmmm ... how abt those developers who r oso main con at the same time? any opinion on it?

gd developers means can ensure better quality meh? den how come recently got a few claims agst CDL?

hmmm ... how abt those developers who r oso main con at the same time? any opinion on it?
    good developer got reputation to protect. so they wont run away even if u want to claim them

small developer can run road or disappear anytime.
    Ong lai ah!

Mei Ren Yu - let me share my experiences with 2 of my projects.

Project 1 was done up by Developer A + Contractor X
    Project 2 was done by Developer B + Contractor X

Developer A is a small player, Developer B is a big player, and Contractor X is some ah lian + ah beng company

End product of Project 1 is very good, hardly any defect identified during TOP, no scratch, no uneven-ness and and material used were excellent. Project 2, on the contrary, was horrendous. The defect list was 3 pages long, lots of scratches, rough workmanship and quality of materials used was sub-standard.

But what I can compare is only the external.. structural wise i cant tell yet as both projects are still young. I guess the quality also depends on how the project was being marketed then (as a high end condo or mass market condo) etc.

Quote Originally Posted by RSG View Post

For resales, you can always look at CONQUAS scores table for reference.

http://www.corenet.gov.sg/homeowners...ql/default.asp
    "Never argue with an idiot, or he will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience."

Quote Originally Posted by zeamybro View Post
    Mei Ren Yu - let me share my experiences with 2 of my projects.

Project 1 was done up by Developer A + Contractor X
    Project 2 was done by Developer B + Contractor X

Developer A is a small player, Developer B is a big player, and Contractor X is some ah lian + ah beng company

End product of Project 1 is very good, hardly any defect identified during TOP, no scratch, no uneven-ness and and material used were excellent. Project 2, on the contrary, was horrendous. The defect list was 3 pages long, lots of scratches, rough workmanship and quality of materials used was sub-standard.

But what I can compare is only the external.. structural wise i cant tell yet as both projects are still young. I guess the quality also depends on how the project was being marketed then (as a high end condo or mass market condo) etc.
    oh! Im really surprised! jialat leh, mine same as yr proj 2, big developer wif ah beng & ah lian main con

For BUC, shd be developer, since there is a contractual agmt between buyer n developer. Main con is developer's problem. As in recent example for H2O

Reservist campmate in construction industry told all of us to buy from reputable ones and avoid the kuching kurua ones, e.g. Swimming pools leak into carparks but he never names the projects.

teddybear is offline Global recession is coming....

So lesson learnt is that always buy property that had TOP, not Building under construction since at that time no CONQUAS score!

Quote Originally Posted by Ringo33 View Post
    For resales, you can always look at CONQUAS scores table for reference.

http://www.corenet.gov.sg/homeowners...ql/default.asp

teddybear is offline Global recession is coming....

Reputable developers also can end up with not so good developed estates, e.g. The Sail by CDL, so many problems hah? You read recent news? Quite a few private condos lawsuits with so called reputable developers... So it seems the construction company that the developers outsourced to and at what price also make a lot of difference! (e.g. Reputable developer + reputable construction company but bidded budget for project construction too low => cheap and low quality materials, structure, workmanship, etc!).

Best is to buy already TOP project, what you see is what you get!

Quote Originally Posted by solsys View Post
    Reservist campmate in construction industry told all of us to buy from reputable ones and avoid the kuching kurua ones, e.g. Swimming pools leak into carparks but he never names the projects.

Quote Originally Posted by teddybear View Post
    some structural defects or poor worksmanship even TOP liao oso cannot detect leh

Quote Originally Posted by teddybear View Post
    Reputable developers also can end up with not so good developed estates, e.g. The Sail by CDL, so many problems hah? You read recent news? Quite a few private condos lawsuits with so called reputable developers... So it seems the construction company that the developers outsourced to and at what price also make a lot of difference! (e.g. Reputable developer + reputable construction company but bidded budget for project construction too low => cheap and low quality materials, structure, workmanship, etc!).

my relative want to sue the developer but the developer cannot be found leow.
    Ong lai ah!

Don't think so, people don't base on who is the developer/main con before they buy, they base more on price and location.