Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: New! The Hillford (1st 60 years leasehold residential condo)

Smile New! The Hillford (1st 60 years leasehold residential condo)

Upcoming Condo Development at Jalan Jurong Kechil
    "Pending Approval for Sale" - By World Class Land

Near to Beauty World / Bukit Timah Shopping Center and upcoming Beauty World MRT Station.
    Plot Ratio: 1.4
    No. Of Units: 280 (estimated)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Nov 16 2012 News Article:
    A residential site at Jalan Jurong Kechil (pictured) has attracted overwhelming response from developers, with a total of 23 bids received when the Urban Redevelopment Authority (URA) closed its public tender yesterday.

Launched for sale on 19 September, the 10,170.8 sq m site was offered with a lease option of 30, 45 or 60 years. It has a maximum permissible gross floor area (GFA) of 14,239 sq m.

Of the 23 bids, the highest offer of S$73.8 million or S$5,182.95 psm on the GFA was submitted by World Class Developments. This was followed by CEL Property at S$66.89 million and Roxy Homes at S$59.46 million.

Most of the developers submitted bids for a 60-year lease, except for Kwan House which tendered for a 45-year lease and also submitted the lowest offer of S$23.29 million.

The successful tenderer may develop the site for condominium or retirement housing. The URA will announce the winning developer after all the bids have been evaluated.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Preview soon. Don't miss!!
    Call KB Chong 8182 4811 now!! No obligations to buy

New test bed of things to come?
    What's the price like?

It will be small but $psf not going to be low. Why do people want to move to a higher class old folks home so early, if they have the money?

Smile Priced to sell

The Price is likely to be very very attractive due to the tenure. Even if you register and book the unit, unless you sign on the final pdi form, the developer cannot bank in your cheque and there is no penalty.

The CHOICE is yours. I am estimating the price to be between $1000-$1300 psf even for the smaller units and the quantum likely to be $4xxk (mickey mouse units) or $5xxk (larger 1 bedrm units).

Why not whatsapp or sms me your name and I will get you down to see the beautiful showflat once it is ready. No obligation to register your vvip status.

Regards
    KB Chong 8182 4811
    ERA Senior Marketing Director

so govt go around its own restriction on MMs by calling it retirement home concept with shorter lease? lol

Quote Originally Posted by august View Post
    so govt go around its own restriction on MMs by calling it retirement home concept with shorter lease? lol
    Not really a restriction, just a guideline...

Average 70sqm means for example that half the units can be 40 sqm and the other half can be 100sqm. Still quite decently sized.

The aim is to prevent the developers going the direction of micro-apartments, some which can be 90 sq ft (below 10 sqm) in some major cities. Then it is possible to squeeze profits out of people, say $150,000 for 10sqm.
    The three laws of Kelonguni:

Where there is kelong, there is guni.
    No kelong no guni.
    More kelong = more guni.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelonguni View Post
    Not really a restriction, just a guideline...

Average 70sqm means for example that half the units can be 40 sqm and the other half can be 100sqm. Still quite decently sized.

The aim is to prevent the developers going the direction of micro-apartments, some which can be 90 sq ft (below 10 sqm) in some major cities. Then it is possible to squeeze profits out of people, say $150,000 for 10sqm.
    imo 40sqm is not decently sized.

Quote Originally Posted by august View Post
    imo 40sqm is not decently sized.
    It's just an example compared to the 8-10 sqm micro apartments in some cities.

How about half the units being 50 sqm and the other half being 90 sqm?

How will that be a restriction if it is in line with the demand?
    The three laws of Kelonguni:

Where there is kelong, there is guni.
    No kelong no guni.
    More kelong = more guni.

Still expensive in terms of psf. I am expecting 850-1000psf instead.

Quote Originally Posted by kbchong View Post

The CHOICE is yours. I am estimating the price to be between $1000-$1300 psf even for the smaller units and the quantum likely to be $4xxk (mickey mouse units) or $5xxk (larger 1 bedrm units).
    if selling at $1000 - $1300psf is too exp liao.
    if u extrapolate tis range to 99yrs become $1650 - $2145psf!

Quote Originally Posted by 玉格格 View Post
    if selling at $1000 - $1300psf is too exp liao.
    if u extrapolate tis range to 99yrs become $1650 - $2145psf!
    It's not realistic to extrapolate as land cost takes up only a portion of the development. Construction cost u can't 2/3 say build a 60 year apartment vs 99 year. Realistically, that price range seems reasonable for a new developement.
    Senior Marketing Consultant
    Huttons New Launches

Quote Originally Posted by Trevortan View Post
    It's not realistic to extrapolate as land cost takes up only a portion of the development. Construction cost u can't 2/3 say build a 60 year apartment vs 99 year. Realistically, that price range seems reasonable for a new developement.
    hmmm ... sounds reasonable.
    so I extrapolate the land $ den

$482psf ppr to 99 yrs become $795, net diff is $313psf.

so if the expectation is $1000 - $1300psf means if it is 99lh, it will translate into a selling price of $1300 - $1600 psf.

At the end of the day. Ah Kong makes $.

so if the expectation is $1000 - $1300psf means if it is 99lh, it will translate into a selling price of $1300 - $1600 psf.

Quote Originally Posted by DC33_2008 View Post
    At the end of the day. Ah Kong makes $.
    without any capital outlay

Land law says so.
    without any capital outlay

Developer won't be bid only 2/3 of land prices even if it's 60 year lease condo. They bid more to secure their chances of making profit. Cost eventually pass down to the buyers. If it's 99 year lease launching would probably be $1250 to $1450 there I guess.
    Huttons New Launches

Lol. Pay $1,300 for a 60 yrs condo? I want to see who will be the eventual buyers. Prob all those Chinese buyers as they are used to 60 yrs lease.

First of all, can get loan or not?

All the intention of government to build some resemblance of retirement village comes to naught.

teddybear is offline Global recession is coming....

$1000-$1300 psf for 60 years LH means equivalent to $1650-2145 psf for a 99years LH for a place in Jalan Jurong Kechil? OMG!

The Price is likely to be very very attractive due to the tenure. Even if you register and book the unit, unless you sign on the final pdi form, the developer cannot bank in your cheque and there is no penalty.

Why not whatsapp or sms me your name and I will get you down to see the beautiful showflat once it is ready. No obligation to register your vvip status.

Regards
    KB Chong 8182 4811
    ERA Senior Marketing Director

teddybear is offline Global recession is coming....

Can use much lousier materials so cheaper since don't need to last so long?

If the psf is high, it will most likely Jack up the prices of old condos with 70-80+ years left in the lease.

Quote Originally Posted by iridrium View Post
    Lol. Pay $1,300 for a 60 yrs condo? I want to see who will be the eventual buyers. Prob all those Chinese buyers as they are used to 60 yrs lease.

First of all, can get loan or not?

All the intention of government to build some resemblance of retirement village comes to naught.
    Market will tell.
    Huttons New Launches

Market will tell.
    Indeed. Market will tell, can't wait for the show.

For me, I will never touch this project even with ten foot pole. My opinion only ah. Later get slam by the property agents lurking in this forum.

Smile Just estimate.

The indicative psf has not been released until the actual booking day.

But anything between $1000-$1300 is reasonable. Below $1000 psf is a steal. If you are a PR that is unable to purchase a hdb flat, what makes more sense to u?

Helping someone finance their house by paying High rental or "renting" house from yrself for 30 years and staying 30 years free?

Just my thoughts

Feel free to contact me at 81824811 to view the showflat. Thanks.

But anything between $1000-$1300 is reasonable. Below $1000 psf is a steal. If you are a PR that is unable to purchase a hdb flat, what makes more sense to u?

Helping someone finance their house by paying High rental or "renting" house from yrself for 30 years and staying 30 years free?

Just my thoughts

If you are a PR that is unable to buy a hdb flat, go buy any of the older freehold development at Hillview area for the same price range.

You can move in almost immediately and don't have to wait for a 60 yrs development to be constructed.

Just my thoughts

if i am a PR & i want to purchase a HDB now and dont want to pay high rental it means i am purchasing for own stay. why would i look at new private launch which i cannot move in & when there are so many ready private resale out there?

if i am PR and i want to purchase HDB BTO, it means private new launch is out of my budget anyway.

lol

Get ready 4xx-6xxk

60 years lease should be priced at or below EC levels.

....just as some sneered at Alexis when it was launched....but who have been laughing all the way to the bank....being pioneer in this niche area, we might just be taken by surprise by the market response to it....nowadays many people just hentam as long as they can afford to place the deposit and secure a unit... bottom line is quantum for those playing on the margin.....

....but then we have people paying hundreds of thousand for HDBs with a bit over 60 years lease also....

Developer won't be bid only 2/3 of land prices even if it's 60 year lease condo. They bid more to secure their chances of making profit. Cost eventually pass down to the buyers. If it's 99 year lease launching would probably be $1250 to $1450 there I guess.
    tat is their biz. buyers r not carrot heads; they will discount 39 yrs accordingly

Quote Originally Posted by azeoprop View Post
    60 years lease should be priced at or below EC levels.
    my comfortable range for a 60yrs lease project in tis area is $900 - $1200psf