Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Proposal to URA: Rezoning/Commerical Development Along Flora Drive

The area is very close to Tampines...already full of shopping centers..amenities etc. I think its a very peaceful and private location...too many facilities will make it very crowded and congested.

Quote Originally Posted by invigorated View Post
    Should we get so conditional here? Imagine we get to the point that only when the govt builds a station or some amenities near to our place, we vote for them, otherwise, vote them out?!

There are more macro things to look out for most of us I.e. job stability, healthcare just to name a few..

We buy property with our eyes open. If u need the station to be near, get one near a station.. if u need more amenities, find one with them.. sigh, how can the govt satisfy everyone.
    What are GRC for? The MPs of GRC should keep their estate growing healthy and meet the citizens requirements and expectations. We should fight for our rights and express our views. I see most of them here want a quiet Pasir Ris and at the same time I do see alot of expectations to grow the areas here like discussing where would be the CRL stations location, etc.

It is right that on a Big picture that ruling party needs to ensure those "macro" stuff for the nation, but GRC would have a different objectives to serve the people who voted them.

I remember some of my frens discussing why tampines needs so many shopping malls, biz hubs and Jurong east would be even crazier...5 mega malls...did the GRC MPs of these areas have did a good job fighting to grow their estate...as compare to those quite ones...

Pasir Ris would have drawn many new families to settle here few years ahead and given mostly are for own stay, amenities and conveniences are important. Soon the parent would complain not enough childcare centres here just like those living in Sengkang and Punggol. Do you think Pasir Ris would be still as "peaceful" as before??? The reality is not. It would be crowded with many young families.

Quote Originally Posted by Strata View Post
    What are GRC for? The MPs of GRC should keep their estate growing healthy and meet the citizens requirements and expectations. We should fight for our rights and express our views. I see most of them here want a quiet Pasir Ris and at the same time I do see alot of expectations to grow the areas here like discussing where would be the CRL stations location, etc.

It is right that on a Big picture that ruling party needs to ensure those "macro" stuff for the nation, but GRC would have a different objectives to serve the people who voted them.

I remember some of my frens discussing why tampines needs so many shopping malls, biz hubs and Jurong east would be even crazier...5 mega malls...did the GRC MPs of these areas have did a good job fighting to grow their estate...as compare to those quite ones...

Pasir Ris would have drawn many new families to settle here few years ahead and given mostly are for own stay, amenities and conveniences are important. Soon the parent would complain not enough childcare centres here just like those living in Sengkang and Punggol. Do you think Pasir Ris would be still as "peaceful" as before??? The reality is not. It would be crowded with many young families.
    80% of S'poreans stayed in HDBs while the rest of 20% stayed in private. If you are the govt, which group do you wanna satisfy to get their votes?
    I agreed with brother Invigorated, there are condos like My Manhattan, Double Bay, D'nest which are nearer to amenities and mrt.
    Last edited by beepbeep; 07-06-14 at 08:15.