Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Proposal to URA: Rezoning/Commerical Development Along Flora Drive

Default Proposal to URA: Rezoning/Commerical Development Along Flora Drive

Hi all,

This thread is an outreach to all persons vested in Upper Changi Road North/Flora Road/Flora Drive/Mariam Way. This includes current and future owners and residents of:

1. Azalea Park Condominium
    2. Ballota Park Condominium
    3. Carissa Park Condominium
    4. Dahlia Park Condominium
    5. Edelweiss Park Condominium
    6. Ferraria Park Condominium
    7. The Gale Condominium
    8. Hedges Park Condominium
    9. Inflora Condominium
    10. Palm Isles Condominium
    11. Parc Olympia Condominium
    12. Avila Gardens Condominium
    13. Estella Gardens Condominium
    14. Landed property around Mariam Way

The expected population of the area is estimated 15-20k+ (3+ persons per unit, 400 units per development). This is rather sizeable and is comparable to smaller townships like Joo Chiat SMC.

Joo Chiat area has been served by amenities in Katong Shopping Centre, Katong Mall/112, Parkway Shopping Centre, Parkway Parade, Tanjong Katong Complex, City Plaza, etc. for the last 20+ years.

The Flora area is not too much different in that it is predominantly private properties (condos and landed vs apartments and landed), and is neighboured by HDB neighbourhoods (Tampines vs Marine Parade/Eunos/Kallang Airport).

From a convenience perspective, I feel that the Upper Changi Road North/Flora region can be better served with a small commercial development like some family restaurants, eateries, cafes, super/minimarts, clinics, childcare, etc. There is a decent population with respectable spending power with needs to be fulfilled.

I believe this view is shared by several fellow forumers, and we have the desire for a small commercial development to be within the enclave of 1km radius. I also trust that we have the critical mass to sustain a small commercial development with a few eateries, a small supermart, and a clicnic without upsetting the unique attributes of tranquility of the neighbourhood. I think some would perhaps like a childcare centre and I wouldn't be surprised it would be fully subscribed should it happen.

Unfortunately in the 2008 URA Masterplan, there is no commercial or mixed use designated land plots in the vicinity. In the recent draft 2013 URA Masterplan, there are no changes to the area. Some of us in the Hedges Park thread have put into motion a (future) residents initiated feedback to URA to consider rezoning a currently empty plot of land along Flora Drive belonging to Tripartite Developers (TID) into a commercial use land.

I have personally spoken to the project manger of Hedges Park in TID and it appears that TID have/are considering this proposition. The vibes in my conversation with the PM is that TID is receptive and would seriously consider/support the wishes of the residents in the area.

Some of us from HPC and over the last few days, our neighbours from PI and PO have joined in to further our motion by submitting the request/feedback/recommendation to URA. I believe there could be more potential supporters who are perhaps not following the discussions in the few BUC threads and hence this thread was started. I hope that more eyeballs would attract more feedback and viewpoints to the authority, developer, and of course our community.

In summary, we are proposing for a plot of land (MK31-04824K) to be rezoned as commercial use so that a small commercial development could be built on it. See the maps below for the location of the proposed land plot. "Star" marks the spot.

Most of the discussion that I am aware of regarding this are in the HPC thread starting from #272 onwards that you may like to read.

If you are supportive of our initiative, may I request that you submit your feedback to URA to lend weight to our initiative. The links to submit the feedback are:
    http://www.ura.gov.sg/MS/DMP2013/int...xhibition.aspx
    or
    http://www.ura.gov.sg/uol/feedback.aspx

Let us all do our part to make the Flora region a better place to live in. Let us be the neighbourhood of envy and a sought after location that people want to live in! Thank you!
    Last edited by leftrightcentre; 28-11-13 at 00:10.

Good to have but let me share my views.

1. 2 storey & abv commercial not possible due to proximity to residential (same like Tanah Merah site change of status)

2. 1 storey commercial unlikely - With current road category and the near zero possibility of road widening. Refer to Lentor ave with this type of zoning & planning.

http://www.onemotoring.com.sg/publis..._of_flora.html

+1000000000000, we need a mixed development in flora drive
    every resident here should submit our concern to URA!

Never try never know. I had submitted my feedback to URA

* Yes, Done. Submitted feedback to URA. (Resident of Flora Drive)

Thank you for your email. We will get back to you within the next 7 working days. If we need more time, we will inform you.

If you need to speak to us, you can contact us at 6329 3212.

Regards

Information and Customer Services
    Physical Planning Group
    Urban Redevelopment Authority

Quote Originally Posted by jk07 View Post
    Never try never know. I had submitted my feedback to URA
    Don't need to try i know.

You have submitted your feedback but have you provided a solution of them ?

A better site is at New Loyang Link with Eastwood Centre similar can be built.

Quote Originally Posted by Pro888 View Post

My feedback to URA is to improve the amenities in Flora area.
    Is their job to provide solution for Flora residents or tax payers instead of me

Quote Originally Posted by jk07 View Post
    My feedback to URA is to improve the amenities in Flora area.
    Is their job to provide solution for Flora residents or tax payers instead of me
    Then expect them to give you a easy reply.

New Loyang Link? Not possible, with Loyang Point just in the vicinity.

Speaking of Eastwood Centre, it is also only served by a 2 lane road, with an even lower density of landed houses around it.

And actually, there is already much allowance given to road expansion from Flora Road to Flora Drive in the form of a very wide pavement starting from Flora Road where Azalea Condo is, to Flora Drive where Inflora showflat is. See attached pics. Road expansion is no problem at all.

Then expect them to give you a easy reply.
    me just add on my little voice to them...
    not surprise all will get same standard govt reply

Quote Originally Posted by gav108 View Post
    New Loyang Link? Not possible, with Loyang Point just in the vicinity.

Speaking of Eastwood Centre, it is also only served by a 2 lane road, with an even lower density of landed houses around it.

And actually, there is already much allowance given to road expansion from Flora Road to Flora Drive in the form of a very wide pavement starting from Flora Road where Azalea Condo is, to Flora Drive where Inflora showflat is. See attached pics. Road expansion is no problem at all.
    With loyang point abt 300m away, it is still possible to have a 1 storey commercial.

Bedok road different road category compare with Flora Drive. Also have to consider distance between building structure to road (Guidelines). Otherwise the road will be running to close to 2 parallel line of walls.

How abt the possibility of road widening at Japanese School & Hedges Park Condo?

Further, 1 storey commercial is still possible reference to Potong Pasir.

Eastwood Ctr access via Eastwood Rd & around it. Flora Dr hmm...

With loyang point abt 300m away, it is still possible to have a 1 storey commercial.

Bedok road different road category compare with Flora Drive. Also have to consider distance between building structure to road (Guidelines). Otherwise the road will be running to close to 2 parallel line of walls.

How abt the possibility of road widening at Japanese School & Hedges Park Condo?
    New loyang link site too far to do flora area any good. Will only benefit the landed houses around it.

The huge pavement width along Flora Drive and Road is more than enough for an additional road with ample pavement width remaining to spare as buffer to buildings. You can check BCA guidelines. URA plans also show these unusually huge pavements as separate land lots. Yes, roads are zoned under land lots as well.

Indeed it's not possible to widen Flora Drive at Hedges Park end, but it remains a fact that the proposed plot of land can be easily accessed via road widening from Loyang Ave, which is the main road artery into the Flora region.

New loyang link site too far to do flora area any good. Will only benefit the landed houses around it.

The huge pavement width along Flora Drive and Road is more than enough for an additional road with ample pavement width remaining to spare as buffer to buildings. You can check BCA guidelines. URA plans also show these unusually huge pavements as separate land lots. Yes, roads are zoned under land lots as well.

Indeed it's not possible to widen Flora Drive at Hedges Park end, but it remains a fact that the proposed plot of land can be easily accessed via road widening from Loyang Ave, which is the main road artery into the Flora region.
    Then i would say it will be 100% impossible as you are not very sure about the guidelines from BCA/URA/LTA. Have you read abt the control plan ?? The vacant plot size etc??

Nevermind lah Good luck

Then i would say it will be 100% impossible as you are not very sure about the guidelines from BCA/URA/LTA. Have you read abt the control plan ?? The vacant plot size etc??

Nevermind lah Good luck
    lols. building to road buffer is only 7.5 m for cat 4-5 arterial road and 10 m for cat 3 major arterial road:

http://www.ura.gov.sg/circulars/text...tion-dchbr.pdf
    http://www.ura.gov.sg/circulars/text/dcdrhb_d0e4.htm

means more than sufficient buffer even if the wide pavements are shrunken if u measure building to road distance from google map.

the classification of the road category is only obtainable from LTA through the purchase of the Road interpretation Plan (RIP). don't know how u found out bedok road road cat is different from flora road/drive.

proposed land in flora drive - size: 19000 sqm. plot ratio 1.4. freehold. owned by tripartite developers. currently zoned for residential use.
    Last edited by gav108; 28-11-13 at 16:51.

Wink

Actually, me think it's worth a try and good luck will certainly go a long way to having our feedback heard and seriously considered by the planners team.

Whether it's a futile effort or seemingly lost cause, anything is possible these days especially in this age and time. Donkey years or bullock times ago, if anyone were to tell me about building mrts or undersea expressway, my teeth would probably drop off.... and I dun mean dentures.

So, residents and soon to be residents of the area, do consider supporting the proposed commercial amenities for flora drive by clicking the feedback link.

I can hope......till the days of dentures beckons.....

lols. building to road buffer is only 7.5 m for cat 4-5 arterial road and 10 m for cat 3 major arterial road:

means more than sufficient buffer even if the wide pavements are shrunken if u measure building to road distance from google map.

the classification of the road category is only obtainable from LTA through the purchase of the Road interpretation Plan (RIP). don't know how u found out bedok road road cat is different from flora road/drive.

proposed land in flora drive - size: 19000 sqm. plot ratio 1.4. freehold. owned by tripartite developers. currently zoned for residential use.
    Bro, dont need to provide this lah. Easily accessible by clicking. It is only 30% of the whole story. Are you able to provide something that is not searchable thru net ?? Tell me at what stage this Flora Drive developed ? If there is, i would have known 1-1.5 years ago. Something i cant say here lah.

Ok lah. I already wish you good luck.

I can PM you something which none of u are able to find (Even those tenderers) and it will materialize.

Bro, dont need to provide this lah. Easily accessible by clicking. It is only 30% of the whole story. Are you able to provide something that is not searchable thru net ?? Tell me at what stage this Flora Drive developed ? If there is, i would have known 1-1.5 years ago. Something i cant say here lah.

Ok lah. I already wish you good luck.

thanks for the well wishes. of course this is not the whole story, n i do not claim to be know-it-all. just refuting the concerns as u bring them up. we will of course listen to u if u r from ura or related and have confidential info which you can PM me.

at the meantime, instead of defining the box, we r just trying to go out of the box for everyone's benefit. even if it doesn't work, at least we can say we have tried, rather than thinking of what could have been, by simply spending 10 minutes writing a feedback. such is the human nature for progress and enterprise.

cheers

thanks for the well wishes. of course this is not the whole story, n i do not claim to be know-it-all. just refuting the concerns as u bring them up. we will of course listen to u if u r from ura or related and have confidential info which you can PM me.

at the meantime, instead of defining the box, we r just trying to go out of the box for everyone's benefit. even if it doesn't work, at least we can say we have tried, rather than thinking of what could have been, by simply spending 10 minutes writing a feedback. such is the human nature for progress and enterprise.

cheers
    No worries. Me a bit free, so go to another thread/ area and share. I can also share other places like Bartley, Amber......but i will be very bz. I very lazy one.

Last but not least, i m not related to any govt agency. Otherwise i got free kopi.

Can i request a mrt cum mixed development in front of my condo too. I write in also. With cinema cum shopping mall cum mrt.

Question

Quote Originally Posted by leftrightcentre View Post
    Hi all,

This thread is an outreach to all persons vested in Upper Changi Road North/Flora Road/Flora Drive/Mariam Way. This includes current and future owners and residents of:

1. Azalea Park Condominium
    2. Ballota Park Condominium
    3. Carissa Park Condominium
    4. Dahlia Park Condominium
    5. Edelweiss Park Condominium
    6. Ferraria Park Condominium
    7. The Gale Condominium
    8. Hedges Park Condominium
    9. Inflora Condominium
    10. Palm Isles Condominium
    11. Parc Olympia Condominium
    12. Avila Gardens Condominium
    13. Estella Gardens Condominium
    14. Landed property around Mariam Way

The expected population of the area is estimated 15-20k+ (3+ persons per unit, 400 units per development). This is rather sizeable and is comparable to smaller townships like Joo Chiat SMC.

Joo Chiat area has been served by amenities in Katong Shopping Centre, Katong Mall/112, Parkway Shopping Centre, Parkway Parade, Tanjong Katong Complex, City Plaza, etc. for the last 20+ years.

The Flora area is not too much different in that it is predominantly private properties (condos and landed vs apartments and landed), and is neighboured by HDB neighbourhoods (Tampines vs Marine Parade/Eunos/Kallang Airport).

From a convenience perspective, I feel that the Upper Changi Road North/Flora region can be better served with a small commercial development like some family restaurants, eateries, cafes, super/minimarts, clinics, childcare, etc. There is a decent population with respectable spending power with needs to be fulfilled.

I believe this view is shared by several fellow forumers, and we have the desire for a small commercial development to be within the enclave of 1km radius. I also trust that we have the critical mass to sustain a small commercial development with a few eateries, a small supermart, and a clicnic without upsetting the unique attributes of tranquility of the neighbourhood. I think some would perhaps like a childcare centre and I wouldn't be surprised it would be fully subscribed should it happen.

Unfortunately in the 2008 URA Masterplan, there is no commercial or mixed use designated land plots in the vicinity. In the recent draft 2013 URA Masterplan, there are no changes to the area. Some of us in the Hedges Park thread have put into motion a (future) residents initiated feedback to URA to consider rezoning a currently empty plot of land along Flora Drive belonging to Tripartite Developers (TID) into a commercial use land.

I have personally spoken to the project manger of Hedges Park in TID and it appears that TID have/are considering this proposition. The vibes in my conversation with the PM is that TID is receptive and would seriously consider/support the wishes of the residents in the area.

Some of us from HPC and over the last few days, our neighbours from PI and PO have joined in to further our motion by submitting the request/feedback/recommendation to URA. I believe there could be more potential supporters who are perhaps not following the discussions in the few BUC threads and hence this thread was started. I hope that more eyeballs would attract more feedback and viewpoints to the authority, developer, and of course our community.

In summary, we are proposing for a plot of land (MK31-04824K) to be rezoned as commercial use so that a small commercial development could be built on it. See the maps below for the location of the proposed land plot. "Star" marks the spot.

Most of the discussion that I am aware of regarding this are in the HPC thread starting from #272 onwards that you may like to read.

If you are supportive of our initiative, may I request that you submit your feedback to URA to lend weight to our initiative. The links to submit the feedback are:
    http://www.ura.gov.sg/MS/DMP2013/int...xhibition.aspx
    or
    http://www.ura.gov.sg/uol/feedback.aspx

Let us all do our part to make the Flora region a better place to live in. Let us be the neighbourhood of envy and a sought after location that people want to live in! Thank you!
    Submitted feedback few days ago and sent email yesterday to MediCorp to check if they are interested to make our story loudly. Not sure if it works, but at least we tried our efforts. Actually..no harm trying as anything is possible. cutedoggy:

Quote Originally Posted by star View Post
    Can i request a mrt cum mixed development in front of my condo too. I write in also. With cinema cum shopping mall cum mrt.
    Dear Mr Star, you sound cynical. We, the residents of Flora / Mariam vicinity are only asking for a simple commercial development. No harm suggesting to the Authorities. They asked for feedback and if we fail to take this opportunity, its our fault for not doing so.

Quote Originally Posted by RSG View Post
    Dear Mr Star, you sound cynical. We, the residents of Flora / Mariam vicinity are only asking for a simple commercial development. No harm suggesting to the Authorities. They asked for feedback and if we fail to take this opportunity, its our fault for not doing so.
    you should have instead bought a place that has a simple commercial development.

Quote Originally Posted by ilgr View Post
    you should have instead bought a place that has a simple commercial development.
    Yes, you are right. Should have done that. My mistake.

I received a reply from URA. Below is the content:

We recognise that there are opportunities and challenges in balancing the traffic considerations and request for amenities in the area. We will work with the developer and LTA to explore opportunities to meet the needs of the Flora Drive residents while considering the impact of additional traffic and possible road improvements for the area.

I received a reply from URA. Below is the content:

We recognise that there are opportunities and challenges in balancing the traffic considerations and request for amenities in the area. We will work with the developer and LTA to explore opportunities to meet the needs of the Flora Drive residents while considering the impact of additional traffic and possible road improvements for the area.
    This's my reply from URA:

We refer to your feedback dated 28 November 2013.

We will work with the relevant agencies to explore opportunities to meet the needs of the Flora Drive residents while considering the impact of additional traffic and possible road improvements for the area.

Quote Originally Posted by terrynfs View Post
    The east region are not going to have much excitement like the West. Must give the MPs of Pasir Ris more pressure. The upcoming GE must show some colours to the ruling party.

Quote Originally Posted by Strata View Post
    The east region are not going to have much excitement like the West. Must give the MPs of Pasir Ris more pressure. The upcoming GE must show some colours to the ruling party.
    Should we get so conditional here? Imagine we get to the point that only when the govt builds a station or some amenities near to our place, we vote for them, otherwise, vote them out?!

There are more macro things to look out for most of us I.e. job stability, healthcare just to name a few..

We buy property with our eyes open. If u need the station to be near, get one near a station.. if u need more amenities, find one with them.. sigh, how can the govt satisfy everyone.