Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789

Thread: RiverTrees Residences (By FraserCentrePoint, FarEastOrg, Sekisui)

With due respect perhaps many are like you talk about, but I am unsure if it's due to one needing less space out of a change in lifestyle , or a change in lifestyle out of space constraint 😄

As a parent , I can say my teenagers would protest strongly if I "upgrade" into a smaller size place such as this. I have preschoolers to teenage kids and their hobbies and interests range from piano, cello, guitar, netball, volleyball, baseball, reading (lots of books) among others.

It makes a lot of difference to have space at home to cater to their development and growing up. Many items my kids still keep are not junk but souvenirs of their achievements and happy childhood memories which they would not discard. I cannot imagine forcing my kids to let go all these and live in a room where they can only contain basic stuff. it takes joy out of living

Anyway, it seems we have deviated from topic 😄 Back to Rivertrees, I would be interested to come back and hear what owners have to say after moving in and staying in their units 😄 But of course, not many people would openly acknowledge that they regret their choice even if they do 😄

Quote Originally Posted by Kelonguni View Post
    Haha, sorry all of them are my family members. Just not that comfy releasing too much personal info.

But yes, if can have affordable space will be good. But in all honesty, nowadays people really use much less space in my opinion. Gone are the days of CRT TV and huge TV consoles. Flat screen TVs and Ipads and laptops require very little space and replaced (in many homes) huge bookshelves. Very few modern families have huge altars for ancestors and deity praying. Wardrobes can be built in and space built to ceiling. Many people whom I am familiar with do not know how to cook.

Therefore hard to compare the space of yesteryears to the ones required by the young adults nowadays.

Quote Originally Posted by stannes View Post
    With due respect perhaps many are like you talk about, but I am unsure if it's due to one needing less space out of a change in lifestyle , or a change in lifestyle out of space constraint ��

As a parent , I can say my teenagers would protest strongly if I "upgrade" into a smaller size place such as this. I have preschoolers to teenage kids and their hobbies and interests range from piano, cello, guitar, netball, volleyball, baseball, reading (lots of books) among others.

It makes a lot of difference to have space at home to cater to their development and growing up. Many items my kids still keep are not junk but souvenirs of their achievements and happy childhood memories which they would not discard. I cannot imagine forcing my kids to let go all these and live in a room where they can only contain basic stuff. it takes joy out of living

Anyway, it seems we have deviated from topic �� Back to Rivertrees, I would be interested to come back and hear what owners have to say after moving in and staying in their units �� But of course, not many people would openly acknowledge that they regret their choice even if they do ��
    I see. Then it makes more sense to have a little more space to accommodate their growth at this juncture.

One day though, they might outgrow most of these and many of these might become white elephants?

I think the so-called upgraders maybe in their 50s, a group of them their children might be grown up and space to store might diminish (no more textbooks and little time to read books or switch to digital books)? I see many youngsters just require a chair and laptop space during their waking moments at home, another chair space for meals, and a bed space for sleeping. Many of them are outside occupied with all sorts of activities during most of the time they are awake?
    The three laws of Kelonguni:

Where there is kelong, there is guni.
    No kelong no guni.
    More kelong = more guni.

With due respect perhaps many are like you talk about, but I am unsure if it's due to one needing less space out of a change in lifestyle , or a change in lifestyle out of space constraint ��

Anyway, it seems we have deviated from topic �� Back to Rivertrees, I would be interested to come back and hear what owners have to say after moving in and staying in their units �� But of course, not many people would openly acknowledge that they regret their choice even if they do ��
    Not that I'm advocating smaller better but the advancement of technology ..digital convergence etc has made a lot of things redundant.

Last time tv is the size of a big refrigerator, we have virtually then VCD n did player blue ray player etc .now a simple media box takes care of that.

Your kids very fortunate to have to many wants..my partner came from a rich family with ample pocket money.his room is the size of an old hdb masterbed room but yet it's so filled up with his toys..hobbies stacks of Levis clothes etc etc. He still complain no space! His place 126sqm is so cluttered with so many things..numerous vases..furniture..bicycles..stacks of books etc etc.

As for us..we lived a simple life with 4 people in a 73sqm with little Processions..we only keep what we want n focus on the important aspect in life. Borrow library books instead of buy ..etc etc.

So if my family of 4 can survive over 25years with still lots of space to spare..I think a 2 bedder condo of 65sqm to 73sqm is still livable for a small family of 3 to 4. Technology has even helped to free up more space.

Of course if given a choice.. More space better la..But seeing how my partner family of 4 taking space for granted... N how this influenced their children bad habits...not cherishing their things..space...I rather keep things simple.

Just my humble pov.

Quote Originally Posted by Yuki View Post
    Not that I'm advocating smaller better but the advancement of technology ..digital convergence etc has made a lot of things redundant.

Last time tv is the size of a big refrigerator, we have virtually then VCD n did player blue ray player etc .now a simple media box takes care of that.

Your kids very fortunate to have to many wants..my partner came from a rich family with ample pocket money.his room is the size of an old hdb masterbed room but yet it's so filled up with his toys..hobbies stacks of Levis clothes etc etc. He still complain no space! His place 126sqm is so cluttered with so many things..numerous vases..furniture..bicycles..stacks of books etc etc.

As for us..we lived a simple life with 4 people in a 73sqm with little Processions..we only keep what we want n focus on the important aspect in life. Borrow library books instead of buy ..etc etc.

So if my family of 4 can survive over 25years with still lots of space to spare..I think a 2 bedder condo of 65sqm to 73sqm is still livable for a small family of 3 to 4. Technology has even helped to free up more space.

Of course if given a choice.. More space better la..But seeing how my partner family of 4 taking space for granted... N how this influenced their children bad habits...not cherishing their things..space...I rather keep things simple.

Just my humble pov.
    To add on..I m not vested in River rees. But just offering a different perspective.

Almost all parents I know are both working. As a result.. Their children are seldom at home. Must less cooking..do most mothers cook? Hardly...

Having lived in a smaller place n now a bigger place do have both its pros n cons.

nevertheless.. On hindsight..from personal experience of having to share a room with my sibling has taught us many things n shaped our values n character .. Such as respect for each other..a very strong bond which is something very rare since most sisters are not close to their brothers. we shared many memories together having to share the same fate of living on what's needed n not swayed by our wants..simply because space is a luxury which something we cannot afford. We learnt how to negotiate with each other on who gets to keep what..both of us aspire to move out n get our own rooms n thus worked very hard in school. We always joked that some day he can have his own personal place with his babe wife n mine with a hunky husband.

In contrast... My peers and partners are very distant with their siblings because they have their own rooms. When faced with family crisis..they have difficulty working with their siblings to resolve them. In fact.. Having lived in such luxury Space they possessed a very kind of attitude towards material wants.

Of course many people have different experiences..having own room doesn't necessarily mean that they are not close to their siblings etc. Just that I want to highlight that it's not necessary bad contrary to what most people think la.

In the end... people who treasure n require space to accommodate their needs..be it what stages in life. They should be looking at Hdbs instead of new condo or older condo development n make their own judgment based on their budget la.
    Last edited by Yuki; 09-04-15 at 18:10.

Silly auto correct

Last time tv is the size of a big refrigerator, we have video player then VCD n di
    dvd player blue ray player etc .now a simple media box takes care of that.

Just my humble pov.

Silly auto correct
    Agree many families here nowadays esp. middle-class hardly cook, their kids are occupied with digital products which consumes so little space at home, like some have mentioned in this thread. It's quite true such is a trend and maybe there's also a link to why these days more and more youngsters are self-centered and a picture that's becoming very common these days i.e. you see a family eating out but all of them are busy looking at their own hand phones instead of enjoying each other company.

I am happy to say that me and my wife belong to the "old fashioned, traditional" group. We believe our kids need enough space to discover themselves, to experiment with their interests and giftings, to be different, to be their best, just like how we grew up, just like how the kids in many developed westernized countries who they do not grow up confined to a small room with little to inspire them but just digital screens. Trends may not be good thing and definitely it is a choice if one chooses to follow in life.

Developers maximise their profits if they sell more "units" within a plot size. And they will paint a very rosy picture to entice buyers to buy. They do not care what lifestyle families would have by staying in such a mickey mouse unit. All they want is your money. Old saying goes , buyers beware....

Agree many families here nowadays esp. middle-class hardly cook, their kids are occupied with digital products which consumes so little space at home, like some have mentioned in this thread. It's quite true such is a trend and maybe there's also a link to why these days more and more youngsters are self-centered and a picture that's becoming very common these days i.e. you see a family eating out but all of them are busy looking at their own hand phones instead of enjoying each other company.

I am happy to say that me and my wife belong to the "old fashioned, traditional" group. We believe our kids need enough space to discover themselves, to experiment with their interests and giftings, to be different, to be their best, just like how we grew up, just like how the kids in many developed westernized countries who they do not grow up confined to a small room with little to inspire them but just digital screens. Trends may not be good thing and definitely it is a choice if one chooses to follow in life.
    Agree to an extent. Technology reduces the size of many things and helps us focus on essentials. For example, induction cookers help us avoid the the huge stoves and gas piping in our homes, which can be dangerous. Washer dryers help us minimise or reduce drying space. Books can be read in Kindle or Ipad.

This helps everyone manage the high cost of private housing also, unless one goes for outskirts of outskirts or HDBs.

No kelong no guni.
    More kelong = more guni.

Developers maximise their profits if they sell more "units" within a plot size. And they will paint a very rosy picture to entice buyers to buy. They do not care what lifestyle families would have by staying in such a mickey mouse unit. All they want is your money. Old saying goes , buyers beware....
    Honestly I think HDBs are still supreme for most people.

Private apartments are too heavily rental driven which drives up bidding cost for all.

No kelong no guni.
    More kelong = more guni.

Another angle to this is that some traditional families strongly believe in outdoor activities. To store some of the things like basketball or guitars, not so much space required. Piano of course is a different story but a close replacement is keyboard or electric piano that is more space friendly.

Since the family is out swimming or at some Park adventure, camping or tent, space needed at home also dips tremendously.

Very much depends on the family dynamics to begin with.

No kelong no guni.
    More kelong = more guni.

http://business.asiaone.com/news/hom...96m-paper-loss

If you have know about this news, would you still consider to invest in Sengkang property? Im staying very near to seletar mall now with plenty of ammenties there...till date, my hdb property value has dropped near 100k....thanks to the overly supply property here...

Quote Originally Posted by Strata View Post
    http://business.asiaone.com/news/hom...96m-paper-loss

If you have know about this news, would you still consider to invest in Sengkang property? Im staying very near to seletar mall now with plenty of ammenties there...till date, my hdb property value has dropped near 100k....thanks to the overly supply property here...
    Steady... With all the financing restrictions this is expected. One has to be very clear what his/her property is for. If that part is clear, then not so easily affected by external news.

No kelong no guni.
    More kelong = more guni.

Steady... With all the financing restrictions this is expected. One has to be very clear what his/her property is for. If that part is clear, then not so easily affected by external news.
    Not only that, it is due to overly supply of flats here. The rental market here is even worse...alot of families here wanted to upgrade and sell off their units and jump into buying EC and PC. Now, big problem!! Current unit cannot sell off at good price resulting some financial difficulties. Those who bought EC even worst, force to sell within 6mth upon TOP even the price is sucks! KPKB!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Strata View Post
    Not only that, it is due to overly supply of flats here. The rental market here is even worse...alot of families here wanted to upgrade and sell off their units and jump into buying EC and PC. Now, big problem!! Current unit cannot sell off at good price resulting some financial difficulties. Those who bought EC even worst, force to sell within 6mth upon TOP even the price is sucks! KPKB!!!
    That's not really the experience of my relatives who own flats there... For those who cannot afford and still wants to upgrade, issues will definitely persist. Always plan for the worse case scenario. They should have planned their finances better that's all I can say.

New flats not an immediate issue as they are not eligible to be rented out.

One man's meat is another man's poison. People who are concerned about high flat prices should be acutely aware about where they should look right now.

No kelong no guni.
    More kelong = more guni.

That's not really the experience of my relatives who own flats there... For those who cannot afford and still wants to upgrade, issues will definitely persist. Always plan for the worse case scenario. They should have planned their finances better that's all I can say.

New flats not an immediate issue as they are not eligible to be rented out.

One man's meat is another man's poison. People who are concerned about high flat prices should be acutely aware about where they should look right now.
    Precisely. You will be surprised I have come across enough people who define "affordability" as being able to pay the monthly installments (for now based on their current incomes and assuming their incomes will only increase but not decrease, nothing else changes etc), or being able to obtain a mortgage loan from bank. I can only say some pay high price to learn a lesson.

As I used to tell some of my students who are graduating and going out to work, always do some research, talk to people with experiences which they lack, and hopefully learn something from others experiences... sometimes it can save you the expensive "tuition fees" in life. Able to obtain a bank loan does not mean one can afford to make the purchase. Treat oneself better than to become a slave to financial commitments.

bohpian..HDB super speed building and URA hyper land release plus killer $ restriction to appease the mass.
    but HDB slowed down to crawling speed liao, URA also brake..now if they removed the $ restriction then market will rise from the dead..

Question

Today I went to the showroom. The agent there told me the T.O.P. is early 2017, maybe Q1!

Did anybody also hear this? Can confirm?

Default Join our residents FB group

Quote Originally Posted by draakje View Post
    Today I went to the showroom. The agent there told me the T.O.P. is early 2017, maybe Q1!

Did anybody also hear this? Can confirm?
    Hi there,

Nope we didnt hear that TOP is early 2017..

Did you buy a unit? if yes, please join our closed fb group for more updates and discussion.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/rivertreesresidences/

I am looking for a unit in the NE area. I like the design of the RTR 3brs very much.

so what is the latest news you official buyers have regarding the TOP date?

Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by noobowner View Post
    Hi there,

Nope we didnt hear that TOP is early 2017..

Did you buy a unit? if yes, please join our closed fb group for more updates and discussion.

Quote Originally Posted by draakje View Post
    I am looking for a unit in the NE area. I like the design of the RTR 3brs very much.

so what is the latest news you official buyers have regarding the TOP date?

Thank you!
    Jus curious - u were looking at Eco Sanctuary earlier. Now u r looking at Rivertrees. One at west and the other at east. One TOP approx 1.5 yrs earlier than the other. What prompted u to make such a drastic change?

Haha! You got me! Actually I am looking at the rivertrees because I was told the TOP is 2017, then later early 2017! So, the information I received says the two are mostly TOP at the same time.

Quote Originally Posted by MrTan View Post
    Jus curious - u were looking at Eco Sanctuary earlier. Now u r looking at Rivertrees. One at west and the other at east. One TOP approx 1.5 yrs earlier than the other. What prompted u to make such a drastic change?

Anyone bought a unit from Rivertree Residences? Please join our FB closed group for residents.

Is Rivertree Residence Showflat still available?