Page 187 of 228 FirstFirst ... 157162167172177182183184185186187188189190191192197202207212217 ... LastLast
Results 5,581 to 5,610 of 6826

Thread: Owners in the West beware!!

You have been warned. Beware!!

Quote Originally Posted by Ringo33 View Post
    Look at the title of this slide..

"Never argue with an idiot, or he will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience."

Property around JLD all HUAT!!

Beware!!!

"Never argue with an idiot, or he will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience."

PM Lee just made changes to his cabinet. From the way I see it, when PM Lee steps down Tharman could possibly replace him as PM of Singapore. When that happen property prices in Jurong is going to chiong to new high.

Beware,!!

http://www.straitstimes.com/news/sin...binet-20140429

PM Lee just made changes to his cabinet. From the way I see it, when PM Lee steps down Tharman could possibly replace him as PM of Singapore. When that happen property prices in Jurong is going to chiong to new high.

Beware,!!

http://www.straitstimes.com/news/sin...binet-20140429
    Its improbable for someone in politics to give up power voluntarily...especially when that power is absolute in nature.

One can be forced out of power though, but that is not what you mean here, I am guessing.

Quote Originally Posted by rook View Post
    Its improbable for someone in politics to give up power voluntarily...especially when that power is absolute in nature.

One can be forced out of power though, but that is not what you mean here, I am guessing.
    PM Lee will most likely step down as PM after the next election and he will be "promoted" to MM just like former PM LKY and PM Goh.

In the cabinet, the best person to take over from PM Lee will be Tharman because of his experience, credential as Finance Minister, Chairman of IMF as well as coming from minority group.

Come 2016, better vote wisely.

Shopping Monster: Skyrocketing rents hit Singapore's next shopping mecca

Guess where it is?

Move over Orchard Road. All eyes are now on Jurong East as the next big shopping mecca in Singapore. Recently touted to be one of the possible locations for the terminal of the proposed high-speed rail (HSR) link between Singapore and Malaysia, the potential for a significant boost in catchment population and footfall is immense, according to Knight Frank's report.

But with great potential comes greater rents. Knight Frank noted that notwithstanding the initial gestation period for the new retail malls in Jurong East to see stabilising rents, average prime retail rents in Jurong are among the highest across the different suburban retail mall clusters in Singapore.

Knight Franks added that as at 1Q 2014, the monthly gross prime retail rents of shopping malls in the Jurong cluster (comprising both Jurong East and Jurong West precincts) averaged about $32.50 per sq ft, higher than the average prime retail rents of $32.30 per sq ft for suburban malls across Singapore.

However, not all the retail malls in the Jurong cluster are registering high rents. Some of the newer malls are still undergoing operational issues or face competition from the existing established malls, which affected the achievable rentals for the landlords of new malls, said Knight Frank.
    - See more at: http://sbr.com.sg/retail/news/shoppi....fktSYXzd.dpuf

Quote Originally Posted by rook View Post
    Shopping Monster: Skyrocketing rents hit Singapore's next shopping mecca

Guess where it is?

Move over Orchard Road. All eyes are now on Jurong East as the next big shopping mecca in Singapore. Recently touted to be one of the possible locations for the terminal of the proposed high-speed rail (HSR) link between Singapore and Malaysia, the potential for a significant boost in catchment population and footfall is immense, according to Knight Frank's report.

But with great potential comes greater rents. Knight Frank noted that notwithstanding the initial gestation period for the new retail malls in Jurong East to see stabilising rents, average prime retail rents in Jurong are among the highest across the different suburban retail mall clusters in Singapore.

Knight Franks added that as at 1Q 2014, the monthly gross prime retail rents of shopping malls in the Jurong cluster (comprising both Jurong East and Jurong West precincts) averaged about $32.50 per sq ft, higher than the average prime retail rents of $32.30 per sq ft for suburban malls across Singapore.

However, not all the retail malls in the Jurong cluster are registering high rents. Some of the newer malls are still undergoing operational issues or face competition from the existing established malls, which affected the achievable rentals for the landlords of new malls, said Knight Frank.
    - See more at: http://sbr.com.sg/retail/news/shoppi....fktSYXzd.dpuf
    Not only are rental rates going to increase significantly for the malls in JLD due to the possible HSR terminal location, the prices of condos in the region are also likely to experience strong appreciation. In particular, JGateway's future price may exceed expectation as it is the only condo in the heart of JLD.

Quote Originally Posted by Wunderkind View Post
    Not only are rental rates going to increase significantly for the malls in JLD due to the possible HSR terminal location, the prices of condos in the region are also likely to experience strong appreciation. In particular, JGateway's future price may exceed expectation as it is the only condo in the heart of JLD.
    I have not been to the malls in Jurong East of late.....but from what I recall, I remember Jurong Point (at Boon Lay MRT) to be the most thriving of Jurong malls.

Hopefully 'Big Box' can help bring about a bigger vibe for the shopping in Jurong East area, when it opens later this year.

I was there this afternoon, Ren Shan Ren Hai, and all that action is right next to J Gateway.

I was there this afternoon, Ren Shan Ren Hai, and all that action is right next to J Gateway.
    Congrats to all JG owners! I think it is a good gateway to hold.

I am not vested here.
    The three laws of Kelonguni:

Where there is kelong, there is guni.
    No kelong no guni.
    More kelong = more guni.

saw the plot of land at lakeside MRT being fenced up. anyone know what is it?

eventually, someone found a job and left his thread for good. could be too busy learning new skills.

Quote Originally Posted by sunrise View Post
    eventually, someone found a job and left his thread for good. could be too busy learning new skills.
    u lp itchy ah?
    Ong lai ah!

This is where you want to put your money...

While volume may increase, buyers, however, will remain conservative during price negotiations, the analysts said. SRX data released yesterday showed the overall median transaction over X-value (TOX), which measures how much buyers paid over recent transaction prices, came in at negative S$4,000 in April. This indicates that more than half of HDB resale buyers in April paid below recent transaction prices, the SRX said.

Median TOX, an indicator SRX introduced to replace cash over valuation following the resale-price-negotiation rule, was zero or negative for the majority of HDB towns. The highest last month was recorded in Queenstown and Jurong East, at +$2,500 and +S$2,400, respectively.

OrangeTee’s research head Christine Li said: “Flats in Jurong East, especially executive flats, seem to be popular due to limited supply. Flats in Queenstown are also highly sought after because of the excellent city fringe location as well as the rejuvenation of the entire Queenstown in the coming years.”

Jurong West St 41 (Parcel B) plot has changed from reserved to confirm site in H2 GLS. MND must be very bullish about the property demand in JLD. Perhaps a decision on the High Speed Rail will be announced before the closing of the tender in beginning 2015.

BEWARE!!

http://www.ura.gov.sg/uol/media-room.../pr14-34a.aspx

Jurong West St 41 (Parcel B) plot has changed from reserved to confirm site in H2 GLS. MND must be very bullish about the property demand in JLD. Perhaps a decision on the High Speed Rail will be announced before the closing of the tender in beginning 2015.

BEWARE!!

LOL Lakeville owners will repent.

B
    BEWARE!!

This plot B shd sell very well if e sizes r compact n e side gate is positioned near e MRT.

BEWARE!!

It does say a lot about the government 's intention to pursue the complete development of JLD according to the timeline for 2020.

When HSR is ready in 2020, JLD must also come with all the tourist attractions, hotels, malls, water attraction, theme park, medical facilities, business hub and transport exchanges.

with the poor sentiments now, hope the developers will lower their bid price and can sell lower for this piece of land

Quote Originally Posted by litechaser View Post
    with the poor sentiments now, hope the developers will lower their bid price and can sell lower for this piece of land
    Mcland will not allow low balls bid unless they fully sold their Lakeville befoe then. Such prized site is hard to come by . Should attract decent bids.

Mcland will not allow low balls bid unless they fully sold their Lakeville befoe then. Such prized site is hard to come by . Should attract decent bids.
    But MCLand not the only bidder

But MCLand not the only bidder
    What I am saying they will set the benchmark price for this site, so any developers who are really interested on this site will have to factor that in this bid price.

What I am saying they will set the benchmark price for this site, so any developers who are really interested on this site will have to factor that in this bid price.
    I don't think any developer can set benchmark price. look at the plot of land beside the Crest at Prince Charles Crescent...it was bidded abt 15% below the Crest land.

what do you think if MCL bid at the price around - S$100 cheaper than their Lakeville plot, for eg... They either get it at S$100psf cheaper or, somebody who win it will be around the same cost at Lakeville. Don't you think so, it is pretty simple right?
    they will bid at close range whereby even if they don't get it, their competitor will have not much room to play around with...
    just my opinion.

I don't think any developer can set benchmark price. look at the plot of land beside the Crest at Prince Charles Crescent...it was bidded abt 15% below the Crest land.

Quote Originally Posted by lajia View Post
    what do you think if MCL bid at the price around - S$100 cheaper than their Lakeville plot, for eg... They either get it at S$100psf cheaper or, somebody who win it will be around the same cost at Lakeville. Don't you think so, it is pretty simple right?
    they will bid at close range whereby even if they don't get it, their competitor will have not much room to play around with...
    just my opinion.
    If it can be done so easily, then why the land beside the Crest was bidded so low ?

hahaha...u treating me as if I am the bidder....
    I am just stating from the logical prospective bro. You better ask that bidder, maybe they scare, or they don't have enough bullet, how would I know...

If it can be done so easily, then why the land beside the Crest was bidded so low ?

Quote Originally Posted by lajia View Post
    hahaha...u treating me as if I am the bidder....
    I am just stating from the logical prospective bro. You better ask that bidder, maybe they scare, or they don't have enough bullet, how would I know...
    and you think MCLand not scared to bid too high a price ? I would not if I were them ...scarli ended up holding the baby at a high price and cannot sell.

1) This new site is better than the old site as its nearer to MRT station.
    2) Lakeville is still not completely sold and why would MCLand put Lakeville at risk by not bidding on the next plot with reasonably high price to ensure they dont get undercut?
    3) This is a good site located in a growth region, so there is no reason to believe there will be no keen interest either.

Have you forgotten how much capitaland bidded for skyvue just to protect their interest in poor performing sky habitat?

kon jiaw wei,

no wonder many choose to live like a pigeon.

1) This new site is better than the old site as its nearer to MRT station.
    2) Lakeville is still not completely sold and why would MCLand put Lakeville at risk by not bidding on the next plot with reasonably high price to ensure they dont get undercut?
    3) This is a good site located in a growth region, so there is no reason to believe there will be no keen interest either.

Have you forgotten how much capitaland bidded for skyvue just to protect their interest in poor performing sky habitat?
    Not every co is a CapitaLand. Just look at the developer of The Crest. Following your logic, it should have bidded high for the land just beside right