Thread: Having a private property and HDB

Default Having a private property and HDB

let say you buy a condo first with no HDB...then you transfer the condo ownership to your parents and you yourself buy another HDB then after MOP transfer the condo back to your ownership....can it work?

Quote Originally Posted by xtreme_46 View Post
    let say you buy a condo first with no HDB...then you transfer the condo ownership to your parents and you yourself buy another HDB then after MOP transfer the condo back to your ownership....can it work?
    Can you only need to wait 5 years before you can buy hdb and 5 years before you sell.

Its a 10 years loop. How much you expect to gain?
    "Never argue with an idiot, or he will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience."

Quote Originally Posted by Ringo33 View Post
    Can you only need to wait 5 years before you can buy hdb and 5 years before you sell.

For NEW HDB :
    http://www.hdb.gov.sg/fi10/fi10321p....rivateProperty

You need to sell your pte property , wait for 30 months , then can apply for a new HDB.

Exemption to Exceptional Cases

HDB may consider granting exemption to exceptional cases based on the merits of each case.

Yes, MOP for new HDB is 5 years.

For RESALE HDB :

http://www.hdb.gov.sg/fi10/fi10321p....e?OpenDocument

If you or any person listed in your resale flat application owns private residential property (locally or overseas), you may still buy a resale flat without any CPF housing grant or HDB loan but you must dispose of the private property within six months of the purchase of the resale flat.

In general, the MOP for resale HDB is also 5 years.

http://www.hdb.gov.sg/fi10/fi10322p....ccupationPerid

Quote Originally Posted by Ringo33 View Post

u mean after the condo transfer back then must wait another 5 yrs then can sell the condo?

not worth the effort ... like how R33 pointed out ... in and out the process is too long ...

assuming CMs still in place ... there are costs involved at every transfer ...

u can do tat, but y dun u jitao buy the pc under yr parents name sia? cos tsf nid to pay stamp duty too.
    if u buy resale hdb, is immed can buy after u disposed off. or in fact u can buy the resale liao sell off the pc to yr parents within 6mth grace period.

if u r toking abt new bto, u can only start applying 2 yrs after u dispose the pc.

but 1 thing u nid to take note. after transfering the pc to yr parents, they nid to be still alive for at least 5 yrs in order for u to inherit & KEEP both the hdb n pc. else u hv to sell either 1.

can work if it doesn't have any mortgage, otherwise tougher

HDB you mean BTO, resale?

Condo, you mean U/C or resale?

Parents staying condo or HDB?

Condo fully paid or not?

if i have a hdb fully paid can i transfer to my mothers name and declare as a gift to her and i buy another hdb
    In the final analysis.....its NOT whether you have a diploma,degree,masters OR PHD....its whether you have a HDB/PC/EC or LANDED...

Quote Originally Posted by radha08 View Post
    if i have a hdb fully paid can i transfer to my mothers name and declare as a gift to her and i buy another hdb
    i guess can, why not...
    but i dun see much advantage also:
    1. if first hdb is a bto, then u will be 2nd timer when applying bto
    2. if first hdb is resale with grant, then u will be 2nd timer when applying bto
    3. if first hdb is resale hdb without grant, then u will be 1st timer when applying bto

so only (3) seems got advantage. But during the first time, why didnt apply bto or get grant for a resale hdb?

4. if 2nd hdb is a resale hdb, ok, make sense, maitu liao, go get a bigger or better located one

got PC...buy HDB now? for investment make sense now?.... HDBs galore on the way(, 2 room, 3 room etc.., for family, for single , for family, tons of BTOs, new/resale), COV no value, cap on foreigners(esp on HDB limit), plan of building dorm, HDB will be first to kena for any fine tweaking as under control...Sell and let go now if got chance wait till all PCs and all sorts of BTOs completed, price will drop even more?

Quote Originally Posted by taggy View Post
    i guess can, why not...
    but i dun see much advantage also:
    1. if first hdb is a bto, then u will be 2nd timer when applying bto
    2. if first hdb is resale with grant, then u will be 2nd timer when applying bto
    3. if first hdb is resale hdb without grant, then u will be 1st timer when applying bto

so only (3) seems got advantage. But during the first time, why didnt apply bto or get grant for a resale hdb?

4. if 2nd hdb is a resale hdb, ok, make sense, maitu liao, go get a bigger or better located one
    haha i also dunno la just thinking of doing stupid things...
    In the final analysis.....its NOT whether you have a diploma,degree,masters OR PHD....its whether you have a HDB/PC/EC or LANDED...