Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: After you got married ...

Quote Originally Posted by PC08 View Post
    It has to start with spouse as #1.

A #1 spouse is only #1 if he/she is able to make the parents think they are #1.

Kids will not walk all the way with you, but ideally, your spouse would ... so kids can never be #1 when the spouse is still around. There is usually no competition between spouse and kids, so they will always think they are #1.

When everyone is #1, the world can be very peaceful.

Kids can be #1 if their parents are not in a good relationship.

Quote Originally Posted by 玉格格 View Post
    if mil n dil de relationship is not gd, how do u as the husband n son react?
    deaf n mute?
    There is never a perfect answer. When at mother's place, listen to her and remember what wife has been complaining about at home and try to infuse those wife's ideas to mother. Then kanna from mother. As such, cannot stay together. After leaving mother's house, inside the car (haven't reach home although home is just 10 mins drive away), kanna from wife for not trying hard enough infront of mother. This cycle will go on and on for the next many years until you cannot take it and starting to break down and then you shout at mother for making things difficult for you then you kanna from mother. Then you shout at wife for making things difficult for you then you kanna from wife. By which time, your wife and your mother already have a slight idea to be slightly more sensitive to you. However, when things go bad again (which most certainly will happen), they will again make things difficult for you being sandwiched in the middle.

Conclusion here is there is no escape. Wise thing to do therefore is just to get use to being slaughtered and try to 看得开. Otherwise, husband/son's life will forever be miserable.

Above is a true life story. Any resemblances to real life is deliberate.

Quote Originally Posted by ysyap View Post
    There is never a perfect answer. When at mother's place, listen to her and remember what wife has been complaining about at home and try to infuse those wife's ideas to mother. Then kanna from mother. As such, cannot stay together. After leaving mother's house, inside the car (haven't reach home although home is just 10 mins drive away), kanna from wife for not trying hard enough infront of mother. This cycle will go on and on for the next many years until you cannot take it and starting to break down and then you shout at mother for making things difficult for you then you kanna from mother. Then you shout at wife for making things difficult for you then you kanna from wife. By which time, your wife and your mother already have a slight idea to be slightly more sensitive to you. However, when things go bad again (which most certainly will happen), they will again make things difficult for you being sandwiched in the middle.

Conclusion here is there is no escape. Wise thing to do therefore is just to get use to being slaughtered and try to 看得开. Otherwise, husband/son's life will forever be miserable.

Haha, I like all the icons that you post, so humorous. But does that really happen in real life?

I come across one case, wife get jealous over husband's sister because her husband treats his sister better than her so the war starts......, so 人家的老公, be fair to both your wife side and your parents side .

Then another case, wife got angry with her mother-in-law on certain issue (unfairness too), then refuse to go to her in-law's house except during special occasions like CNY or birthday but she never stop her husband from going down weekly. Then one day, she bought a gold chain for her in-law but her in-law returned back to her saying don't need, then she got angry again, so next time, no more things for her in-law anymore. So 人家的家婆, accept whatever your daughter-in-law gave you and don't comment too much.

Nowadays, youngsters are different from my time liao.

Quote Originally Posted by Lav123 View Post
    Haha, I like all the icons that you post, so humorous. But does that really happen in real life?

珍珠都冇咁真....
    Ong lai ah!

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by onglai View Post
    珍珠都冇咁真....

你 是 过路人吧!。。。。。

Quote Originally Posted by ysyap View Post

aiyo! how come u portray the husband until like an innocent victim liddat?

many times the conflicts between DIL & MIL is not merely due to incompatibility of characters, but largely oso becos of irreconcilable differences due to GENERATION GAP.

Quote Originally Posted by Lav123 View Post
    I was actually talking about my personal experience... the faster I learn to accept such a life style, the faster I will be happy...

Quote Originally Posted by 玉格格 View Post
    aiyo! how come u portray the husband until like an innocent victim liddat?

many times the conflicts between DIL & MIL is not merely due to incompatibility of characters, but largely oso becos of irreconcilable differences due to GENERATION GAP.
    Was talking about my own life... I actually told my wife my side of the story then she began to understand. But then she still can't close 2 eyes to certain things therefore while she is still angry with her MIL, she will still spare a thought for me at times. At least better than last time...