Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: After you got married ...

Default After you got married ...

1. Who is more improved to u? spouse, children or career?
    pls rank n indicate yr gender

2. do u stay wif yr parents after married? 一山不能藏二虎 leh... is there a lot of conflicts between MIL n DIL? as a husband, r u always sandwiched between the 2? how do u manage such tension?

Quote Originally Posted by 玉格格 View Post

2. do u stay wif yr parents after married? 一山不能藏二虎 leh... is there a lot of conflicts between MIL n DIL? as a husband, r u always sandwiched between the 2? how do u manage such tension?
    After you got married, you got real.

Quote Originally Posted by Wunderkind View Post
    After you got married, you got real.
    I dun get u at all

After get married u become broke
    “Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.”
    ― Martin Luther King, Jr.

OUT WITH THE SHIT TRASH

https://www.facebook.com/shutdowntrs

Tsk tsk tsk tsk tsk......remember this is a property forum, so where possible, please ask property related questions.

After you got married.......

Did you stay with your parents?
    If yes, did you pay them monthly rental?
    If no, then what was your first matrimonial home?

First matrimonial home - was it a HDB?
    If yes- how many rooms? was it a BTO, DBSS or EC? Did you qualify for a grant? Was it a new flat from HDB or was it from the resale market?
    If no - what type of housing was it? Was it a joint tenancy, or was it a tenancy in common. If tenancy in common, how many percent was yours and your spouse?

Have you made a will?
    If yes, then what is the percentage to your spouse and children?
    If no, then will you be making one soon?
    A bag full of tricks !

life Suckzzzzz
    In the final analysis.....its NOT whether you have a diploma,degree,masters OR PHD....its whether you have a HDB/PC/EC or LANDED...

Quote Originally Posted by minority View Post
    u mean wat? after married yr wifey broke yr neck arh?
    or u mean which part broken? hahaha!

Quote Originally Posted by radha08 View Post
    life Suckzzzzz
    sounds kinky, hehe

Quote Originally Posted by minority View Post
    Not really true.
    Cos your tdsr when combined with your spouse will increase , so you can take more loan.
    A bag full of tricks !

Quote Originally Posted by chloechen View Post
    Tsk tsk tsk tsk tsk......remember this is a property forum, so where possible, please ask property related questions.

After you got married.......

Did you stay with your parents?
    If yes, did you pay them monthly rental?
    If no, then what was your first matrimonial home?

First matrimonial home - was it a HDB?
    If yes- how many rooms? was it a BTO, DBSS or EC? Did you qualify for a grant? Was it a new flat from HDB or was it from the resale market?
    If no - what type of housing was it? Was it a joint tenancy, or was it a tenancy in common. If tenancy in common, how many percent was yours and your spouse?

Have you made a will?
    If yes, then what is the percentage to your spouse and children?
    If no, then will you be making one soon?
    haiyo! y gen Y ppl always like to hijack ppl's thread one?
    but tis time I wun answer yr qns cos im more kiang liao

haiyo! y gen Y ppl always like to hijack ppl's thread one?
    but tis time I wun answer yr qns cos im more kiang liao

LOL.....so you finally admit you are mermaid!
    A bag full of tricks !

1) After married you got no choice already lah....Male
    ht oice
    2) Keep mouth shut and let the tigress fight until one surrender... no other choice

LOL.....so you finally admit you are mermaid!
    wah, wah, wah! u sounded as if I got deny b4 leh!
    lol! but how come u noe? u mia quite long le.

Quote Originally Posted by Honesty View Post
    1) After married you got no choice already lah....Male
    ht oice
    2) Keep mouth shut and let the tigress fight until one surrender... no other choice
    no choice of wat? I got give u 3 choices msh. so wats yr choice?
    ht oice means wat?

u mean 2 tigresses fought eventually one will surrender? tink u misunderstood, they r resting n recharging la!

Not really true.
    Cos your tdsr when combined with your spouse will increase , so you can take more loan.
    Tdsr will remain the same at 60% whether u combine with spouse.
    But the total amount of loan that you qualify when both salaries are combined with definitely be higher.

After married, close to husband.
    When my children are still young, pay more attention to them.
    When they grow up, stick to husband again.

After married, I prefer not to stay with in-law. 1 week meet once, relationship is better than meet everyday, has lesser conflict because we are all brought up in different environment.

When there are any unhappiness between the MIL and DIL, during this time, son/husband must be supportive. Listen to their complains silently and not add in more salt and don't go and tell ur mother or wife that so and so complain about you, this will add in more fire. Sometimes when mother and wife complain is they want to let go their 'steam' only, after letting go, they might get back to normal again, so if the son/husband tell his mother/wife that so and so complain about you, then when both party meet together again, they will be paiseh, this might worsen the relationship further. These are my . White lie is no crime.

I'm too slow liao , want to add more words but times up. Anyway, I want to add in :

有些东西不可以讲破,一讲破,比彼都会很尴尬。

Mother is always number 1 nothing can replace it.
    Wife is number 2. Children number 3.
    U can change wife but mum only got one, her blood flow in u.

Quote Originally Posted by irisng View Post
    After married, I prefer not to stay with in-law. 1 week meet once, relationship is better than meet everyday, has lesser conflict because we are all brought up in different environment.

When there are any unhappiness between the MIL and DIL, during this time, son/husband must be supportive. Listen to their complains silently and not add in more salt and don't go and tell ur mother or wife that so and so complain about you, this will add in more fire. Sometimes when mother and wife complain is they want to let go their 'steam' only, after letting go, they might get back to normal again, so if the son/husband tell his mother/wife that so and so complain about you, then when both party meet together again, they will be paiseh, this might worsen the relationship further. These are my . White lie is no crime.
    no wonder honesty said guys can oni keep their mouths shut
    seems like is women' fault leh.
    b4 married tame as kitten, married liao upgraded to tigress
    no wonder guys always say they regret getting married, cos they nid to become deaf n mute after they got a wifey.

Quote Originally Posted by star View Post
    Mother is always number 1 nothing can replace it.
    Wife is number 2. Children number 3.
    U can change wife but mum only got one, her blood flow in u.
    according to yr blood flow theory, yr blood oso flow in yr kids. den how come u ranked wifey #2 leh?

no wonder honesty said guys can oni keep their mouths shut
    seems like is women' fault leh.
    b4 married tame as kitten, married liao upgraded to tigress
    no wonder guys always say they regret getting married, cos they nid to become deaf n mute after they got a wifey.
    , wife also has to do her part. I know most of the woman after married will still put their parents first but if you can also show concern to your in-law or get something for your in-law especially during festive season, your husband will appreciate for what you have done for his family. Sometimes a small token means a lot to old people, be it a new year clothing or some festive food.

Recently I was very surprised when my husband told me that if I never initiate to bring my in-law to overseas trip, my in-law will never have a chance because none of her children though filial but never bring her out to travel before. After we brought her to travel for a few times, now my brother-in-laws also started to bring her out to travel. My in-law is an appreciative type of people, though she didn't know that I'm the one who ask my husband to bring her to travel but she still thanked both of us until I so paiseh. Even till now, occasionally she will still bring up the case to show her appreciation. Once we wanted to bring her to Japan, she kept rejecting as though she didn't like it but when she came back from Japan, she had a lot of things to talk, so happy, we feel happy too.

For the 1st trip that we brought her to Beijing, she was so happy that she kept telling all the people in the tour group that we bought the tickets for her to come here. Wow, I was so paiseh until I had to ask my husband to ask her not to go round telling people leh. I won't tell her, let my husband do it. Mother and son is easier to talk than MIL and DIL.

Even for man, try to take care and show concern to your wife side too, then your wife will have nothing to say that you are bias.
    Last edited by irisng; 29-12-13 at 16:41.

能了解一个人未必能体谅一个人
    相见容易相处难呀

能了解一个人未必能体谅一个人
    相见容易相处难呀
    That's right, that's why I choose not to stay with my in-law. Visit her with my family every week and she is more than happy enough. Occassionlly bring her out. CNY give her some allowance but she will not take all, buy some CNY goodies or abalone for her but she always say don't need to buy, there are so many food here.

Some people simply don't know how to express and never show anything but inside their heart, they are happy
    Last edited by irisng; 29-12-13 at 21:26.

if relationship between wife+mil is HALF that of husband+mil, then ORMITORHOOD ALREADY....
    Ong lai ah!

Quote Originally Posted by onglai View Post
    if relationship between wife+mil is HALF that of husband+mil, then ORMITORHOOD ALREADY....
    if mil n dil de relationship is not gd, how do u as the husband n son react?
    deaf n mute?

if mil n dil de relationship is not gd, how do u as the husband n son react?
    deaf n mute?
    depend on whether u want your mother or the wife... if u want wife,, den better find a place to move out.
    Ong lai ah!

Quote Originally Posted by onglai View Post
    depend on whether u want your mother or the wife... if u want wife,, den better find a place to move out.
    sometimes not so easy cos some ppl oni hv 1 son; they cant juz simply move out.

sometimes not so easy cos some ppl oni hv 1 son; they cant juz simply move out.
    那你就等死吧! 哈哈哈哈(caocao style)
    Ong lai ah!

It has to start with spouse as #1.

A #1 spouse is only #1 if he/she is able to make the parents think they are #1.

Kids will not walk all the way with you, but ideally, your spouse would ... so kids can never be #1 when the spouse is still around. There is usually no competition between spouse and kids, so they will always think they are #1.

When everyone is #1, the world can be very peaceful.