Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: URA releases flash estimate of 4th Quarter 2013 private residential property price in

Default URA releases flash estimate of 4th Quarter 2013 private residential property price in

I guess now we know why people who are ONLY vested in the lousy side of CCR is constantly trying to talk down OCR potential.

And for those who have been telling everyone that landed property owners are cash rich, limited supply, new rich and wealthy citizens bla bla...bad news for you, the time to cash out is over.

The Urban Redevelopment Authority (URA) released the flash estimate of the price index for private residential property for 4th Quarter 2013 today.

Overall, the private residential property index fell 1.8 points from 216.3 points in 3rd Quarter 2013 to 214.5 points in 4th Quarter 2013. This represents a decline of 0.8%, compared to the 0.4% increase in the previous quarter (see Annex A). For 2013 as a whole, prices increased by 1.2%, less than the 2.8% increase in 2012.

Prices of non-landed private residential properties in both Core Central Region and Outside Central Region declined in 4th Quarter 2013. In Core Central Region, prices fell 2.2%, which is significantly larger than the 0.3% decline in the previous quarter. Prices in Outside Central Region decreased for the first time since 2nd Quarter 2009, by 0.6%, compared with the 2.2% increase in the previous quarter. In Rest of Central Region, prices increased by 0.8% in 4th Quarter 2013, compared with the 0.9% decrease in the previous quarter (see Annex B). For 2013 as a whole, prices in Core Central Region fell 2.1%, while prices in Rest of Central Region and Outside Central Region increased by 0.3% and 6.8% respectively. Prices of landed private residential properties fell for the first time since 2nd Quarter 2009, by 1.2%, after rising 0.3% in the previous quarter.

The flash estimates are compiled based on transaction prices given in caveats lodged during the first ten weeks of the quarter, supplemented by survey data on new units sold by developers in the first two months of the quarter. The statistics will be updated 4 weeks later when URA releases the full real estate statistics for 4th Quarter 2013, which captures more data on the caveats lodged and the take-up of new projects. Past data have shown that the difference between the quarterly price changes indicated by the flash estimate and the actual price changes could be significant when the change is small. The public is advised to interpret the flash estimates with caution.
    "Never argue with an idiot, or he will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience."

Quote Originally Posted by Ringo33 View Post
    I guess now we know why people who are ONLY vested in the lousy side of CCR is constantly trying to talk down OCR potential.

And for those who have been telling everyone that landed property owners are cash rich, limited supply, new rich and wealthy citizens bla bla...bad news for you, the time to cash out is over.
    It is of no surprise that the OCR index showed 6% appreciation in 2013 as it has to factor in the jgateway sold at up to 1700psf, which is up to 40% premium against neighbouring condos.
    When the trend is at inflexion point, past performance is not a good indicator of future performance

Quote Originally Posted by k00L View Post
    It is of no surprise that the OCR index showed 6% appreciation in 2013 as it has to factor in the jgateway sold at up to 1700psf, which is up to 40% premium against neighbouring condos.
    When the trend is at inflexion point, past performance is not a good indicator of future performance
    you mean a handful of unit at J Gateway that were sold for $1700psf can cause the OCR index to spike??

Did you forget your medicine today?
    "Never argue with an idiot, or he will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience."

Why my CCR development has gone up by more than 12% in 2013 as compared to 2012?

Quote Originally Posted by DC33_2008 View Post
    Why my CCR development has gone up by more than 12% in 2013 as compared to 2012?
    If you didnt sell, how do you know it went up by 12%?
    Last edited by Ringo33; 02-01-14 at 11:29.

If you didnt sell, how do you know it when up by 12%?
    Your logic very entertaining.

Just work out based on the average of $psf from URA data of 2012 and 2013.
    If you didnt sell, how do you know it when up by 12%?

Just work out based on the average of $psf from URA data of 2012 and 2013.
    There are hardly any transaction for EG, and the recent only is lower than before. How to take average? Selectively I suppose, thats the only way to make you feel good and happy.

Where did you get your source from? I got it from the URA site on the public domain.
    There are hardly any transaction for EG, and the recent only is lower than before. How to take average? Selectively I suppose, thats the only way to make you feel good and happy.

Why my city fringe property has gone up 10% in 2013?

Why my city fringe property has gone up 10% in 2013?
    considering all the overly inflated folds you have been telling us about "your" landed property, i think I should take what you said with a pinch of salt.

Anyway, no point boasting about how much you made how how wealthy you are in social forum. its just your words vs mine.

Not boasting. Just get a taste of your own medicine. You will only know if you own one and experience it.
    considering all the overly inflated folds you have been telling us about "your" landed property, i think I should take what you said with a pinch of salt.

Anyway, no point boasting about how much you made how how wealthy you are in social forum. its just your words vs mine.

Not boasting. Just get a taste of your own medicine. You will only know if you own one and experience it.
    whats there to taste actually.

The purpose of this thread is to talk about property price index at national level, so whats the point of tell us how much you "think" you have made for 1 unit at Emerald Garden which has not even find a buyer?

It is better than none or even worst when someone is still speculating and dreaming. At least it is factual. Watch out HDB prices are falling.
    whats there to taste actually.

The purpose of this thread is to talk about property price index at national level, so whats the point of tell us how much you "think" you have made for 1 unit at Emerald Garden which has not even find a buyer?

It is better than none or even worst when someone is still speculating and dreaming. At least it is factual. Watch out HDB prices are falling.
    dont need to make baseless assumption here to boost your morale.

Urban vista, eCO, East village etc. All these are selling 30 to 40% higher than neighbouring projects. I think they will repent. This is seriously overpaying but they will know the pain when prices drop.

you mean a handful of unit at J Gateway that were sold for $1700psf can cause the OCR index to spike??

Did you forget your medicine today?

Quote Originally Posted by leesg123 View Post
    Your logic very entertaining.
    when u see his logic on his Jgateway, u will be even more amused

My morale is already very high with the monthly collection of passive income. in top of the capital appreciation over the years. Will not report others since people say I am boastful.
    dont need to make baseless assumption here to boost your morale.

My morale is already very high with the monthly collection of passive income. in top of the capital appreciation over the years. Will not report others since people say I am boastful.
    lets just say that many members in this forum are in the same boat and many are collecting passive income from multiple properties, not just 1.

If you want to boast, do it in the real world.

teddybear is offline Global recession is coming....

Because yours the "lousy" house in Best street beside those selling at >$5000 psf, still have a lot upside potential mah!

If your house is the "best" house in lousy street costing $1700 psf but surrounding all selling at around $1000 psf, regardless of how good your best house is in that street also little meat left (if any)...

Quote Originally Posted by teddybear View Post
    Because yours the "lousy" house in Best street beside those selling at >$5000 psf, still have a lot upside potential mah!

If your house is the "best" house in lousy street costing $1700 psf but surrounding all selling at around $1000 psf, regardless of how good your best house is in that street also little meat left (if any)...

I am sorry to hear that CCR is down again......dont worry, 2014 will be a better year (hopefully!!)

Quote Originally Posted by teddybear View Post
    u tink R33 is so stupid until he dunno u r criticising his JG ar?

Real estate is "Real" and "Physical" and they are made from bricks and mortar on earth and not virtual.
    lets just say that many members in this forum are in the same boat and many are collecting passive income from multiple properties, not just 1.

If you want to boast, do it in the real world.

Real estate is "Real" and "Physical" and they are made from bricks and mortar on earth and not virtual.
    DC33_2008

You must understand when you are dealing with this individual that you are not dealing with intelligent life.

I have heard his stupid line of only in "real world" does anything matter before - yet he spends so much time on this forum wasting electrons and bandwidth.

Apparently you shouldn't "boast" of any gains you made - but it's OK for him to inform all of your loss.

It's OK for him to say someone's condo has not made any capital appreciation because no transaction, but then cannot apply same logic to his own JG.

Ok for him to say CCR property is down because index is down, but no OK to say his JG (imaginary - never even dare admit he bought one and at what psf) is down because index is also down.

Ok for him to demand people deal with facts - yet Ok for him to make up imaginary Japanese neighbours in is HDB.

As others have pointed out - nothing wrong with Jurong as a place to invest - but paying 40% + over neighbouring condo is not a smart thing to do. But he is not smart - that is why he will never make any money, taxi-uncle queueing at peak after being fed story type, rather than getting in at the ground floor investor at the sail type.

I guess I need to go and cry about being 2.2% down now even though I am up 55% since I bought my CCR home but he can feel like a hero of only being down 0.2% and hence in an overall loss position , of course imagining that he actually bought one - he is after all the living epitome of all fart, no shit, all talk, no action (expecting to see that repeated back at me in a slavish, predictable copycat manner)

I don't think I've ever seen a bigger case of buyers remorse in my life than this character - all day long hammering away at his keyboard desperately trying to justify paying stupid high prices for the region he bought into.

However many years ago I wrote on this board - never argue with an idiot, they'll drag you down to their level then beat you with experience.
    Which is why he won't be getting a response from me. I can never hope to compete with his experience in this area - he is a subject matter expert.

Now charges set & primed - awaiting irrelevant response from him to try and sidetrack people from his obvious 2 faced hypocrisy (got the popcorn) - showtime!

EBD, I am still waiting for your reply concerning the best and worst street Property 101 leh.

Buying the worst house along River Valley is better than buying the best house at Jurong.

When you look at the price chart for the past 5 years or so, it seem like even the average unit in Jurong area is doing better than many project along RV both in capital gain and rental yield.

So is your property 101 just another ALL FART NO SHIT (EBD) jiao wei?

If it suits you, you can also say you look like Brad Pitt in the day and James Dean at night and you still still be able to say that both Brad Pitt and James Dean are REAL and they are made from flesh and bone.

EBD, I am still waiting for your reply concerning the best and worst street Property 101 leh.

Buying the worst house along River Valley is better than buying the best house at Jurong.

When you look at the price chart for the past 5 years or so, it seem like even the average unit in Jurong area is doing better than many project along RV both in capital gain and rental yield.

So is your property 101 just another ALL FART NO SHIT (EBD) jiao wei?
    DC - you see the kind of caliber of idiot he his?
    I've explained many times to him but he is just very stupid and cannot understand basic ideas. His very low IQ is not my fault. Simple ideas are beyond his intellectual faculty.

The idiot even just directly answered his own post above.
    Yes buying the worst house in River Valley is better than buying best house in Jurong if they cost the same. Really hard to understand right?

Actually in my case it cost significantly less than what he pretended to pay for JG psf. Under 1000 psf - some of us got skill & timing

As I bought in Jurong too - I win on that front too! And I win on RV because I'm smart enough to buy at the right time - maybe just win less - but home is home and price appreciation is not the only consideration when buying a place.

btw looks like I have him down to an artform when it comes to your predictableness - slavishly copycating all fart no shit ? 100% correct ! Do I win a prize? For my next trick I will make him roll on his back like a good little dog.

Just kidding, I'll make him continue to avoid answer any awkward question that serves to back up his credibility on this forum like not answering what psf he didn't buy JG at & what are the names of his imaginary HDB dwelling Japanese neighbours ...... or everything I just posted above actually.

R33,
    I notice from the original report that you should be below your original investment price in JG (that we now all know that you did not buy because you are all fart & no shit).

For me that would sting a little but I guess it doesn't for you as we all know you have no skin in the private condo property game - no matter which part of Singapore we are talking about.

Ever thought of joining scientology? They operate with the same stupid debating style as you - never answer any question and just keep on attacking people on questions they've already answered. What a loser.

EBD, if you want to impress us with the sound of your FART, then please show us some NUMBERS to prove the buying the worst house along RV is better than buying the best house at JURONG.

I am waiting....

EDB,

Save your breath. I thought of just creating a blast at the start of the year.

Happy investing for the year of 2014!

Quote Originally Posted by EBD View Post
    DC - you see the kind of caliber of idiot he his?
    I've explained many times to him but he is just very stupid and cannot understand basic ideas. His very low IQ is not my fault. Simple ideas are beyond his intellectual faculty.

The idiot even just directly answered his own post above.
    Yes buying the worst house in River Valley is better than buying best house in Jurong if they cost the same. Really hard to understand right?

Actually in my case it cost significantly less than what he pretended to pay for JG psf. Under 1000 psf - some of us got skill & timing

As I bought in Jurong too - I win on that front too! And I win on RV because I'm smart enough to buy at the right time - maybe just win less - but home is home and price appreciation is not the only consideration when buying a place.

btw looks like I have him down to an artform when it comes to your predictableness - slavishly copycating all fart no shit ? 100% correct ! Do I win a prize? For my next trick I will make him roll on his back like a good little dog.

Just kidding, I'll make him continue to avoid answer any awkward question that serves to back up his credibility on this forum like not answering what psf he didn't buy JG at & what are the names of his imaginary HDB dwelling Japanese neighbours ...... or everything I just posted above actually.

R33,
    I notice from the original report that you should be below your original investment price in JG (that we now all know that you did not buy because you are all fart & no shit).

For me that would sting a little but I guess it doesn't for you as we all know you have no skin in the private condo property game - no matter which part of Singapore we are talking about.

Ever thought of joining scientology? They operate with the same stupid debating style as you - never answer any question and just keep on attacking people on questions they've already answered. What a loser.

EBD, want to guess with one is from Best and which one from Worst street?