Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Land Storm is Here!! (Part III)

Quote Originally Posted by DC33_2008 View Post
    Do not envy when people owner club membership. Landed owner has choice to rebuild. Furthermore, people has a few condos to choose which one to live and which one to lease out. Pls do not be sour grape. Wait for your $1700psf at JLD.
    You have yet to give us any reason to envy leh.

When talk about maintenance cost for landed you talk about how cheap it is because you could live in a place where you havent paint the internal wall for 14 years. 14 years is a damn long time, can you imagine a baby is born till the time he is about to take o Level.? Are you so broke or cheapskate that you cant afford to paint your internal wall? You call the DREAM HOME? ROFLOL!!

It depends on upkeep and colour too. My internal paint lasted 14 years while external paint for 10 years. It cost me $7000 to repaint the whole house. Certainly cheaper than a condo.

And now you are saying 14 years after rebuilding your dream home, you need to rebuild your dream home AGAIN!!? Arent you sell pwning yourself here?

Had built my dream home 14 years ago. Looking forward to rebuilding my dream home soon with the relaxation of some ura planning guidelines. .
    And now you say that we envy you for having club membership? HAHAHA. Do you mean SAFRA membership??

To be honestly, the only think i envy your is your ability to self pwning yourself in this forum.

mai kong pian wei lah tua pao sien, lighting will strike
    Last edited by Ringo33; 17-02-14 at 18:40.
    "Never argue with an idiot, or he will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience."

Pls go on and on and on and on and.......
    Quote Originally Posted by Ringo33 View Post
    You have yet to give us any reason to envy leh.

When talk about maintenance cost for landed you talk about how cheap it is because you could live in a place where you havent paint the internal wall for 14 years. 14 years is a damn long time, can you imagine a baby is born till the time he is about to take o Level.? Are you so broke or cheapskate that you cant afford to paint your internal wall? You call the DREAM HOME? ROFLOL!!

And now you are saying 14 years after rebuilding your dream home, you need to rebuild your dream home AGAIN!!? Arent you sell pwning yourself here?

And now you say that we envy you for having club membership? HAHAHA. Do you mean SAFRA membership??

To be honestly, the only think i envy your is your ability to self pwning yourself in this forum.

mai kong pian wei lah tua pao sien, lighting will strike

Pls go on and on and on and on and.......
    14 years without painting your house? what sort of dream home are you talking about here? For 3 little pigs? LOL
    "Never argue with an idiot, or he will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience."

Some more..........
    14 years without painting your house? what sort of dream home are you talking about here? For 3 little pigs? LOL

Some more..........

I'll huff, and I'll puff, and I'll blow your house in...LOL

Anymo..........re.

Why Ringo so persistent in your views?

Quote Originally Posted by byyboo View Post
    there are so many views of mine. Which one you referring to?

seems to me that you are against those holding landed properties. Though I do agree with you and that prices for landed are indeed softening. What is most important is that people are comfortable with what they have.

Each got its own, to learn more we have to open our minds to receive the different situations and opinions. I don see the point of justifying our own opinions or actions to others.

seems to me that you are against those holding landed properties. Though I do agree with you and that prices for landed are indeed softening. What is most important is that people are comfortable with what they have.

Each got its own, to learn more we have to open our minds to receive the different situations and opinions. I don see the point of justifying our own opinions or actions to others.
    I actually tried but people here never listen. As you can see from about a year ago. there are many forummers talking about how almighty is landed property, thousands of rich deep pocket new citizens coming to Singapore landed property will be invincible due to the lack of supply bla bla bla.

So if you want to learn to use a sword perhaps you might want to use it to both ways.

Again, which part of what I said is against holding landed property? I thought I was merely talking about landed prices coming down and why.

guess I got your point..Expectations comes with disappointments.

I have been monitoring landed for months now and prices are indeed softening. One aspect really puzzled me is why are the psf based on land size for terrace, semi-D and cluster houses have such big gaps?

if its due to the overall price then isn`t terrace housing over-priced? previously I see terrace selling 1800 - 2000 psf compared to semi-D approx 1200-1300 psf.

Recently I do see terrace psf moving downwards to that of the semi D.

Just enjoy landed and build your own dream home. Difficult for people who has not experienced it to understand.
    Cheers bro, u have my support.

You cannot comment how good or bad San Francisco is until you have visit or stay there before. Why listen to someone views whereby he has never stay in landed before?

If landed drop, so be it. It's not for investment, it's for own stay.
    If landed drop, so do the investment unit in JLD.

Some of the views are good, but once disrespectful comes into the picture, everything else is ruin.

guess I got your point..Expectations comes with disappointments.

I have been monitoring landed for months now and prices are indeed softening. One aspect really puzzled me is why are the psf based on land size for terrace, semi-D and cluster houses have such big gaps?

if its due to the overall price then isn`t terrace housing over-priced? previously I see terrace selling 1800 - 2000 psf compared to semi-D approx 1200-1300 psf.

Recently I do see terrace psf moving downwards to that of the semi D.
    Terrace is the MM equivalent of landed property, so psf will sure be higher.
    If you slice them up, it will be like putting 3 or 4 MM apartment on top of each other.

Actually to think of it, wont it defeat the purpose of living in landed property when you have to keep building it higher in order to justify the psf value. For HDB government has to do lift upgrading to ensure residents doesnt have to climb stairs, but for those living in landed they are happy to climb 3 to 4 floor up every day.(??) Perhaps the stairsway of landed are made differently so climbing must be damn shiok!!

Quote Originally Posted by Adva181 View Post
    Cheers bro, u have my support.

You cannot comment how good or bad San Francisco is until you have visit or stay there before. Why listen to someone views whereby he has never stay in landed before?

If landed drop, so be it. It's not for investment, it's for own stay.
    If landed drop, so do the investment unit in JLD.

Some of the views are good, but once disrespectful comes into the picture, everything else is ruin.
    Actually I have been to "frisco", from the outside, it look all damn nice, but when you dig deeper, you can actually see plenty of cracks. One thing which I doesnt like is that during hot day, the place is extremely hot as you can hardly find breeze within it. And it get worst if you are staying close to the roof tiles, or when its facing west sun.

Beside the discomfort, you also have to deal with crimes because very often you will get people breaking into your estate and some even steal bicycle that you park inside the house.

Having a big place, you also have to deal with high energy cost and thats why most of the time, people will prefer to watch their TV in the room instead of living area because cost of turning on high BTU aircon is alot more than once thats in the room. And thats why I said that kids living in landed already lock themselves in their aircon room.

When you were in frisco, do you also find that there are plenty of pest like mosquito, rats, snakes, centipede, frogs, spider etc etc? Perhaps you could call that as living closer to nature?? another plus??

Had built my dream home 14 years ago. Looking forward to rebuilding my dream home soon with the relaxation of some ura planning guidelines. Besides country club facililities, my kids and myself have enjoyed facilities of condos in cbd, city fringe and in prime district. Landed does not mean no social life mixing of neighbours. U really need to live in one to experienced it.
    Wow!! No wonder most landed owner$ don't bother what sh!t "Land Storm coming.. even "Land Storm already here" also don't bother..

Some have internal lift. For those who do not have one, they have the option to install one. You must know MM unit has only a strata title but landed has land title with a mukim no. solely to the owner. Anymore.
    Terrace is the MM equivalent of landed property, so psf will sure be higher.
    If you slice them up, it will be like putting 3 or 4 MM apartment on top of each other.

Actually to think of it, wont it defeat the purpose of living in landed property when you have to keep building it higher in order to justify the psf value. For HDB government has to do lift upgrading to ensure residents doesnt have to climb stairs, but for those living in landed they are happy to climb 3 to 4 floor up every day.(??) Perhaps the stairsway of landed are made differently so climbing must be damn shiok!!

As usual, TWIST & TURN cum DIVERT ATTENTION EXPERT MR B (R33) has not changed even after so so long..

Just see one as posting the pros and the other the cons of landed..I think that would solve the problem. My thinking is that if that if based on psf of living space we are paying much more for a 99LH condo compared to a FH landed, so y not landed?

Bro. Remember mine is a frame structure house with brickwalls sitting on 16 RC pad foundations and not a wooden house with dry wall construction. You can try but you may lose your breath. Save your breath and share some meaningful thing.

Some have internal lift. For those who do not have one, they have the option to install one. You must know MM unit has only a strata title but landed has land title with a mukim no. solely to the owner. Anymore.
    I know people install internal lift in landed for handicap. But now they are doing this because many landed property are like multi storey mm complex. If you need a lift that's not landed anymore lah

Self pwned again

Just see one as posting the pros and the other the cons of landed..I think that would solve the problem. My thinking is that if that if based on psf of living space we are paying much more for a 99LH condo compared to a FH landed, so y not landed?

Condo is psf for space you use. Landed is psf for space you don't use.

That is why the older ones are larger in land area as compared to the new ones and expecially the cluster type with a partial basement and 3-4 storeys in height. All becos land is expensive but people want more built-up area togther with the relaxation of the URA planning guidelines.
    I know people install internal lift in landed for handicap. But now they are doing this because many landed property are like multi storey mm complex. If you need a lift that's not landed anymore lah

Self pwned again

That is why the older ones are larger in land area as compared to the new ones and expecially the cluster type with a partial basement and 3-4 storeys in height. All becos land is expensive but people want more built-up area togther with the relaxation of the URA planning guidelines.

Actually you are wrong. The reason why landed are getting higher and higher is because developers investors and builders want to make more money from redeveloping landed property. When they increase the build up area, psf will naturally start to look more attraction = more profit.

Want to guess what happen when these max out area landed property become old and need for A&A and rebuilding? They will find it hard to find a buyer that will accept their asking price because for the next buyer, there will be very little or no more additional floor area to milk in rebuilding process.

There is somthing call plot ratio which can be increased if needed by ura planning guideline.
    Actually you are wrong. The reason why landed are getting higher and higher is because developers investors and builders want to make more money from redeveloping landed property. When they increase the build up area, psf will naturally start to look more attraction = more profit.

Want to guess what happen when these max out area landed property become old and need for A&A and rebuilding? They will find it hard to find a buyer that will accept their asking price because for the next buyer, there will be very little or no more additional floor area to milk in rebuilding process.

There is somthing call plot ratio which can be increased if needed by ura planning guideline.
    And why should URA increase the plot ratio of landed property in Singapore??

So that landed property will one day become skyscraper?

your 5000plus posts are practically mostly nonsense....ppl like to climb stairs you also got comment. if they don't like, they will sell! why you care so much and question about ppl's preference?
    different types of housing suits different needs. there is no one size fits all. no matter what you say, I believe most of them who has stayed in landed are happy and for those who long to stay in landed, work hard for it. not like what you are trying to do and wasting time and posting rubbish all over, criticizing ppl everywhere...

If you don't like landed, then don't stay there. Price will drop I also know. whatever goes up faster will also come down faster ma, isn't that a logic even though sometimes it might not be true. So keep all your crab la!

Let the monkey dance alone and soon it will die naturally!

And why should URA increase the plot ratio of landed property in Singapore??

So that landed property will one day become skyscraper?

Quote Originally Posted by lajia View Post
    your 5000plus posts are practically mostly nonsense....ppl like to climb stairs you also got comment. if they don't like, they will sell! why you care so much and question about ppl's preference?
    different types of housing suits different needs. there is no one size fits all. no matter what you say, I believe most of them who has stayed in landed are happy and for those who long to stay in landed, work hard for it. not like what you are trying to do and wasting time and posting rubbish all over, criticizing ppl everywhere...

If you don't like landed, then don't stay there. Price will drop I also know. whatever goes up faster will also come down faster ma, isn't that a logic even though sometimes it might not be true. So keep all your crab la!

Let the monkey dance alone and soon it will die naturally!
    your story telling skills is getting better, keep it up.

Do you think you can make money from buying an old run down landed property is has already been maxed out by previous owner? And how?

why you ask irrelevant questions out of no where? Who cares....some of us buy and stay ok, do you need to know the reason???...you are really gone case......pity you...

your story telling skills is getting better, keep it up.

Do you think you can make money from buying an old run down landed property is has already been maxed out by previous owner? And how?

why you ask irrelevant questions out of no where? Who cares....some of us buy and stay ok, do you need to know the reason???...you are really gone case......pity you...
    shall we all petition for sorethumb r33 be involuntarily sent to IMH for a psychiatric evaluation? the results should make for a good 100 page read

his nonsensical barbs some bothering on deceit lies across too many threads. he is basically too sore of other people's riches i deduce...

OCR/RCR/CCR or hdb/condo/landed he must poke his ugly long nose in (god knows why)

tracking how long i'd disappeared from forum when i myself can't even be bothered the duration (utter buffon with 3 feet brain)

get a life, meet some people, make some friends.... will you

Don't be so selfish leh. Just because you are not in the market for investment property that doesn't mean other people cannot have a discussion on investment opportunities.