Thread: Motorcycle parking in Condo

Default Motorcycle parking in Condo

Most Condos usually allocates 1 car parking lot per household and 2nd car onwards usually have to pay or ballot.

Question is how do they deal with motorcycles? Since motorcycles are not allowed to be parked at a car lot, isit fair for MCST to charge motorcycle owners who have a car and a motorcycle as having 2 vehicles?

Most parking facilities usually have different charges for cars and motorcycles..
    I feel it's fair if folks with motorcycles to pay, but not the full price unless they allow for motorcycles to be parked in a car lot.

Of cos it would be better if motorcycles are not counted on the same "head count" as a car on the basis that they are 2 different classification.

What's your view?

normally MCST are quite relaxed about m'cycle.
    usually have allocated m'cycle lots or can park at guest lots.

unless you are a collector who have 10 m'cycle, then this could be a problem.

Quote Originally Posted by iwantgizmos View Post
    normally MCST are quite relaxed about m'cycle.
    usually have allocated m'cycle lots or can park at guest lots.

unless you are a collector who have 10 m'cycle, then this could be a problem.
    Dont understand. If I have 4 or 5 m'cycle and ALL can be parked neatly into 1 car lot, why should be denied of it?

Quote Originally Posted by leesg123 View Post
    Dont understand. If I have 4 or 5 m'cycle and ALL can be parked neatly into 1 car lot, why should be denied of it?
    Its all about uniformity.
    I can see a new trend coming up. More HDB upgraders, all feel that they should do
    And have what they want.
    Where as in condo, they have created more rules here and there to create uniformity and
    If the management do not have strict rules, the people living in condos will just do as they
    please.

Quote Originally Posted by GIG View Post
    Its all about uniformity.
    I can see a new trend coming up. More HDB upgraders, all feel that they should do
    And have what they want.
    Where as in condo, they have created more rules here and there to create uniformity and
    If the management do not have strict rules, the people living in condos will just do as they
    please.
    MCST here cmi. In my KL condo, carparks are assigned. Means no joker can park at your lot.

Current situation for me is that the condo I live in allocates 1 car per household n second car onwards have to pay... But i felt that if my second vehicle is a motorcycle... I should not be charged the same rate as another person having a car as a second vehicle on the basis that a motorcycle are not allowed to occupy a car lot

That's why checking what other condo MCST practice...

Quote Originally Posted by CRViper View Post
    Current situation for me is that the condo I live in allocates 1 car per household n second car onwards have to pay... But i felt that if my second vehicle is a motorcycle... I should not be charged the same rate as another person having a car as a second vehicle on the basis that a motorcycle are not allowed to occupy a car lot

That's why checking what other condo MCST practice...
    M/cycles occupy only about 1/3 of a car park and unreasonable to treat as a 2nd car. Moreover most m/cycle lots in condos are underutilised. Thus should not charge for m/cycle if it is the 2nd vehicle unless the m/cycle lots in the condo is fully utilised.

Quote Originally Posted by RSG View Post
    M/cycles occupy only about 1/3 of a car park and unreasonable to treat as a 2nd car. Moreover most m/cycle lots in condos are underutilised. Thus should not charge for m/cycle if it is the 2nd vehicle unless the m/cycle lots in the condo is fully utilised.
    Totally agreed with you, I feel even if they wanted to charge SP strictly it's fine too BUT not at the same rate as another person who have a car as a second vehicle. I believe Parking charges at commercial places also have different rates for bikes and cars

For things like this how should I bring it up? Via email feedback to MCST or attend the council meetings to discuss?

teddybear is offline Global recession is coming....

Which means stupid system, not efficient allocation of common resources.....

MCST here cmi. In my KL condo, carparks are assigned. Means no joker can park at your lot.

teddybear is offline Global recession is coming....

Send feedback to MA. See what MA has to say.
    If MA reply unsatisfactory, raise with MCST Chair.

Quote Originally Posted by CRViper View Post
    Totally agreed with you, I feel even if they wanted to charge SP strictly it's fine too BUT not at the same rate as another person who have a car as a second vehicle. I believe Parking charges at commercial places also have different rates for bikes and cars

For things like this how should I bring it up? Via email feedback to MCST or attend the council meetings to discuss?

Quote Originally Posted by teddybear View Post
    Send feedback to MA. See what MA has to say.
    If MA reply unsatisfactory, raise with MCST Chair.
    Thank you!

In Malaysia you can buy condo parking lots, a way for them to pocket extra money.

my condo in Singapore has allocated lots for 1st and 2nd car ...

1st car lot will be closer to your blk while 2nd car lot will be further away...

if owner does not have a car but owns a bike, he is still entitled to a lot close to his blk as if it was a car...

I also know of owners who own a car and a bike... the actually park the bike width wise and the car as usual .. they manage to park both neatly into their 1st allocated lot ... no issue with MCST nor other residents ..