Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How much will rentals fall...

Default How much will rentals fall...

it is INEVITABLE moving forward...the rental of hdb/pc...etc etc is going to take a hit...my take is max about 20%....meaning like a 4rm hdb rental today about 2.5k...going to go to about 2k...whats your take
    In the final analysis.....its NOT whether you have a diploma,degree,masters OR PHD....its whether you have a HDB/PC/EC or LANDED...

Quote Originally Posted by radha08 View Post
    it is INEVITABLE moving forward...the rental of hdb/pc...etc etc is going to take a hit...my take is max about 20%....meaning like a 4rm hdb rental today about 2.5k...going to go to about 2k...whats your take
    I actually think otherwise ...

I think HDB rental will be stable ...

PC on the other hand, esp CCR (be it 1,2,3 or 4 bedder) and those not so ideal locale condos will suffer a drop in rental ...

i am hearing that many are switching from condo to HDB renting ...

however the latest HDB rental to foreigner regulation will reduce the availability to foreigners ...

having said that condo landlords will be more OPEN to a lower rent ... knowing more renters are looking to HDBs...

Well located HDBs should be resilient for rentals. But those in far flung places like Sengkang would more likely slide. Especially if the foreigner cap is reached.

Ya provided your nosey neighbour dont complain you to HDB first, cos he 红眼you stay in condo and rented your house to foreigners making his life shit

then very soon, the confiscated hdb will be on resale list by force

wonder how the pinnacle owners felt when hdb take back their flat and they loose everything

let me count 1 hdb block has 13 floors x 8 units per floor= 96-you =97 x 4in one unit=388 pairs of 红眼

only 1 phone call, your life in shit
    Last edited by relax88; 03-02-14 at 21:54.

I wonder what proportion of landlords are illegally subletting? I would have thought it's more difficult now as the authorities are stepping up the enforcements.

the key lies with the garmen....I suspect they will do something soon. easy way to stabilize this is to open the gate, relax some rules....easy!
    they are monitoring and if they don't do it or do it late, then they will be blame! instead of doing a good job in the end, in the eye of those majority, they did a lousy job!!! That's the risk.

During this new year, I had the chance of meeting some friends and relatives who reside in HDB.
    They say more and more of their neighbours are becoming foreign tenants.
    So they are hoping to move out of their old estate to a newer one.

So if the majority of Singaporeans want to upgrade to a newer HDB estate, then who will buy over the older HDB units?

Will there come a time where there will be surplus of old HDB units which can't be sold so easily by the ones who have bought and moved to the newer estates?

I don't believe you can't sell a 5 bedroom for 350k. It is the price only.

Quote Originally Posted by princess_morbucks View Post
    During this new year, I had the chance of meeting some friends and relatives who reside in HDB.
    They say more and more of their neighbours are becoming foreign tenants.
    So they are hoping to move out of their old estate to a newer one.

So if the majority of Singaporeans want to upgrade to a newer HDB estate, then who will buy over the older HDB units?

Will there come a time where there will be surplus of old HDB units which can't be sold so easily by the ones who have bought and moved to the newer estates?

Quote Originally Posted by thomastansb View Post
    You'll be surprised, my friend just sell his 5 room flat at Bukit Gombak recently, nowhere near the mrt, for $650k

Quote Originally Posted by DMCK View Post
    You'll be surprised, my friend just sell his 5 room flat at Bukit Gombak recently, nowhere near the mrt, for $650k

buyers are still prowling...

Quote Originally Posted by thomastansb View Post
    Yes, the answer lies in the price.
    I chatted with a relative who has moved from her 4 room BTO flat in Sengkang to an EC in Punggol.

She has moved 2 months ago.

At the peak, she could have sold at least $60k above valuation.

For the past few months she has marketed it close to valuation, and there are hardly any viewers.

Now she might need to sell it at valuation or even below it as the 6 month holding period looms.

I chatted with a relative who has moved from her 4 room BTO flat in Sengkang to an EC in Punggol.

For the past few months she has marketed it close to valuation, and there are hardly any viewers.

Now she might need to sell it at valuation or even below it as the 6 month holding period looms.

she can appeal to hdb for extension
    In the final analysis.....its NOT whether you have a diploma,degree,masters OR PHD....its whether you have a HDB/PC/EC or LANDED...

Sengkang may be having quite a significant number of upgraders in the same position. It's probably flooded with resale flats trying to sell after the MOP. Similarly flooded with flats for rental after the MOP, thus resulting in exceeding the non-citizen quota in the earlier batch. So much for relying on the proceeds of your BTO to fund your upgrade. That dream is going up in Thumbs down from upgraders for the next election.

Which has more, upgraders or new owners.

if there are more new owners benefitting from lower prices, will they vote for pap. There are people who are just happy with 1 hdb

from the lower price they pay, they buy bmw 3 , 5 or 7 series or under my block, a 老beng uncle, porsche 911carrera but stay in 4 room flat

guess he spend more time on the road and nite club, then at home....image, image , man.

you cant carry your house wherever you go, but damn, you can drive your porsche to a valet and get the 5min attention everytime.

if need to see this sight, go over to tampines area around block 100s plus and slowly u will see
    Last edited by relax88; 04-02-14 at 10:51.

wah u so observant. i never notice such things but im sure there are such ppl around. i dont really understand how they think. but ur right; house cannot bring around show off, unlike car.
    I've had enough. I'm done!!!

Quote Originally Posted by chiaberry View Post
    Sengkang may be having quite a significant number of upgraders in the same position. It's probably flooded with resale flats trying to sell after the MOP. Similarly flooded with flats for rental after the MOP, thus resulting in exceeding the non-citizen quota in the earlier batch. So much for relying on the proceeds of your BTO to fund your upgrade. That dream is going up in Thumbs down from upgraders for the next election.
    another example of everything PAP's fault.
    at buying side, wish everything to go down. now they are at selling side, wish everything to go up.
    I'm not surprised at all at the situation of Sengkang/Punggol.

she can appeal to hdb for extension
    Thanks bro, she is aware of that.
    But the longer she extends, the lower the price might become, she fears.
    And she also needs the cash/CPF monies to fund her present EC.

Thanks bro, she is aware of that.
    But the longer she extends, the lower the price might become, she fears.
    And she also needs the cash/CPF monies to fund her present EC.
    Then better sell even if the price has to be lowered. It might drop even more. The housing market and economy are fragile. Better have a buyer in hand than waiting around. I don't think the odds are in her favour for the housing market to pick up any time soon.

teddybear is offline Global recession is coming....

Obviously PAP fault lah! They were the ones who allow HDB flats to go up to $1m !!! If they keep the HDB flats' price flat for 10 years, say $400k for a 5-rm flat in Sengkang, and allow price to change only at inflation rate, nobody will have false sense and hope that they can make killing profit from buying and selling HDB flats!

Quote Originally Posted by amk View Post
    another example of everything PAP's fault.
    at buying side, wish everything to go down. now they are at selling side, wish everything to go up.
    I'm not surprised at all at the situation of Sengkang/Punggol.

for 4 rm bto --- even sell at 30k below valuation today still earn ma... wat's there to blame govt... the govt oso never point a gun at their head to buy a ec wat...
    Ong lai ah!

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by clemdale24 View Post
    wah u so observant. i never notice such things but im sure there are such ppl around. i dont really understand how they think. but ur right; house cannot bring around show off, unlike car.

Porsche lei. And he paste soooooooo many stickers on the car and a spoiler which you can hang cloths, how not to miss

in the same carpark you will see 2 new s class merc , all want 面子

Always park there weekend then drive. Image, image.

which one easier to achieve, car or house and which one give instant recognition

Please stay low profile; or else someone would report you living in Sea Esta renting out HDB flat.

I myself foresee the rental market would be seriously curtail and controlled. This is why I have made an ultimate decision and a final throng of my property journey - acquiring my final property - Mt Sinai landed with all the HDBs pledged.

The exchange should be technically viable and worthy for many years ahead.

She can extent by writing to HDB. If HDB don't extent then sell to HDB at Valuation.

Quote Originally Posted by Arcachon View Post
    She can extent by writing to HDB. If HDB don't extent then sell to HDB at Valuation.
    zhun bo?? like dat why are pple still selling below valuation?

Ong lai ah!

As well as the HDB market , things will be ugly in prime ccr too

I think to predict what will hapen to rents the only comparison we can make is the reverse of the period 2005-2007 , in this period there was a massive influx of new FT which was also a time when almost no new construction was being completed , and condos were being removed from the market in large numbers due to the enblock process, during this time prime area rents went up like crazy as all the incoming people had to be absorbed into the existing housing, rents for a good class condo like ardmore park went from 8k to 20k in this short period, people had to move into smaller units or from ccr to east coast to stay within budget .

Now all the supply is coming on stream that should have come on stream when the new population did, so now we have huge supply hitting and no new FT allowed in, also the housing allowance is being removed from a lot of expats and all those enblocked developments are having the new ones TOP ( like interlace and d'leedon were the biggest ), If the process were to reverse there is no reason not to see rents go down 30-40% as the market reprices and people get to have more space again after downsizing, The only thing that will slow things down is if developers hold off selling or renting units and keep newly finished blocks empty, you can already see this out in sentosa or on some of the new finished blocks in the ardmore area, finished but empty, if there is a fight to undercut to get units rented it will get very ugly

Dun recall hdb will buy back hdb flats..

Quote Originally Posted by yowetan View Post
    Please stay low profile; or else someone would report you living in Sea Esta renting out HDB flat.
    What's wrong with that ?
    It is not illegal, nothing to report la.

Quote Originally Posted by yowetan View Post
    Under current regulations, it's legal if you have applied and gotten HDB approval on their website.

Quote Originally Posted by catsick View Post
    As well as the HDB market , things will be ugly in prime ccr too

I think to predict what will hapen to rents the only comparison we can make is the reverse of the period 2005-2007 , in this period there was a massive influx of new FT which was also a time when almost no new construction was being completed , and condos were being removed from the market in large numbers due to the enblock process, during this time prime area rents went up like crazy as all the incoming people had to be absorbed into the existing housing, rents for a good class condo like ardmore park went from 8k to 20k in this short period, people had to move into smaller units or from ccr to east coast to stay within budget .

Now all the supply is coming on stream that should have come on stream when the new population did, so now we have huge supply hitting and no new FT allowed in, also the housing allowance is being removed from a lot of expats and all those enblocked developments are having the new ones TOP ( like interlace and d'leedon were the biggest ), If the process were to reverse there is no reason not to see rents go down 30-40% as the market reprices and people get to have more space again after downsizing, The only thing that will slow things down is if developers hold off selling or renting units and keep newly finished blocks empty, you can already see this out in sentosa or on some of the new finished blocks in the ardmore area, finished but empty, if there is a fight to undercut to get units rented it will get very ugly
    Everywhere will be ugly one lah. You think ocr is recession proof? Look at NV residences, so many units not tenanted out.