Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How can I get the valuation of pte property?

Default How can I get the valuation of pte property?

How can I find out the valuation of a particular project without calling the bank?

Is the property guru valuation tool accurate?

Quote Originally Posted by xtreme_46 View Post
    How can I find out the valuation of a particular project without calling the bank?

check recent selling prices of similar units in URA and take average

bank valuations vary too

URA. But even URA is not accurate. It depends on the facing. Eg: both units 20th floor but one can sell for 1800 psf, another one can sell for 2600 psf because different view. So you need better tools but those need to pay a yearly fees. For banks, usually they can match 5% higher than last transacted.

Quote Originally Posted by xtreme_46 View Post

Quote Originally Posted by thomastansb View Post
    URA. But even URA is not accurate. It depends on the facing. Eg: both units 20th floor but one can sell for 1800 psf, another one can sell for 2600 psf because different view. So you need better tools but those need to pay a yearly fees. For banks, usually they can match 5% higher than last transacted.
    but sometimes the URA caveat not lodged. what if the transacted psf is lower due to larger unit?

Just need to call any agent to give you the information. They will be hungry for business now.

Quote Originally Posted by DC33_2008 View Post
    Just need to call any agent to give you the information. They will be hungry for business now.
    rest assure property agents will give you a very low valuation to lower your expectation if you are selling and high valuation if you are buying.
    "Never argue with an idiot, or he will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience."

Bro, they will print out an analysis report with unit no. for me which their agency would have subscribe to SISV database or other reliable database.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ringo33 View Post
    rest assure property agents will give you a very low valuation to lower your expectation if you are selling and high valuation if you are buying.

Bro, they will print out an analysis report with unit no. for me which their agency would have subscribe to SISV database or other reliable database.

Do you mean those report from streetsine? I dont recall them giving you valuation of your property and they only give your historical transaction prices for reference. Do you have a copy of that report which you could share with us?

http://www.streetsine.com/static/hom...nk=home_report

And why would any agent print this report for your if you have no business with them?
    "Never argue with an idiot, or he will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience."

Well. They are trying to sell their service to me. Hence, I have a few agencies giving me such report. Why not? Sorry cannot reveal as it has the name of all my properties on those documents.
    Do you mean those report from streetsine? I dont recall them giving you valuation of your property and they only give your historical transaction prices for reference. Do you have a copy of that report which you could share with us?

http://www.streetsine.com/static/hom...nk=home_report

And why would any agent print this report for your if you have no business with them?

Well. They are trying to sell their service to me. Hence, I have a few agencies giving me such report. Why not? Sorry cannot reveal as it has the name of all my properties on those documents.
    1) I read that you were saying call ANY agent, they will give you valuation? which mean, if I pick up a phone to call any agent on propertyguru, I should expect them to send me a full analytical report on my property?

2) there is no need to use every opportunity to brag about your propertieSSSSS. I am just asking you to go back and take a look at your report and tell us if the report consist of valuation on your property or the particular property that you are buying.

3) Property agencies doesnt do the actual report, they use companies like Squarefoot.com.sg and streetsine to do this report for whoever who subscribe to their service.

Can you please check your report again and tell us if there is indeed a valuation report on your property.
    Last edited by Ringo33; 13-02-14 at 15:35.

Well. It is for you to find out.
    1) I read that you were saying call ANY agent, they will give you valuation? which mean, if I pick up a phone to call any agent on propertyguru, I should expect them to send me a full analytical report on my property?

2) there is no need to use every opportunity to brag about your propertieSSSSS. I am just asking you to go back and take a look at your report and tell us if the report consist of valuation on your property or the particular property that you are buying.

3) Property agencies doesnt do the actual report, they use companies like Squarefoot.com.sg and streetsine to do this report for whoever who subscribe to their service.

Can you please check your report again and tell us if there is indeed a valuation report on your property.

Well. It is for you to find out.
    I dont get what you are trying to say here. For one moment, you say call any agents and they will give you your home valuation report because they are hungry for business.

And now you cant even confirm if the report provided by your "agencies" include valuation.

It is either yes or no because I am sure we all have seen the same report provided by streetsine.

Honestly this kind of information and comment very unreliable and amateurish leh. If you not sure, it might be better not to comments.

I am sure there are references to be made. The valuators know what to do. I don't believe a condo has no similar units transacted before. Unless you are talking about those 30 units MM condo but those kind are crap anyway. Buy for what. They will also assess nearby properties if really no data available.

Quote Originally Posted by Cupcakes View Post
    but sometimes the URA caveat not lodged. what if the transacted psf is lower due to larger unit?

You sound like an inexperienced buyer/seller. A good/top agent will have solid connections to top top bankers. Those bankers can give a very accurate valuation within an hour or two - by phone. I will buy on the spot if can meet the asking price and my loan will always go through. In 2009, where got time check with banks. The banks will take 3 working days. You don't submit 1% within the same day, the deal is closed. Sometimes, the seller's agent give you 1 hour to close the deal. This is how competitive it was in 2009. You don't close, I have 10 cheques coming in.

But there are less than 0.5% of the agents who are that good. So find your own agents and bankers.

You sound like an inexperienced buyer/seller. A good/top agent will have solid connections to top top bankers. Those bankers can give a very accurate valuation within an hour or two - by phone. I will buy on the spot if can meet the asking price and my loan will always go through. In 2009, where got time check with banks. The banks will take 3 working days. You don't submit 1% within the same day, the deal is closed. Sometimes, the seller's agent give you 1 hour to close the deal. This is how competitive it was in 2009. You don't close, I have 10 cheques coming in.

But there are less than 0.5% of the agents who are that good. So find your own agents and bankers.

what is the point of call it TOP agent btw, any damn property agent call bank also will get valuation what?

So even top property agent still need to call bank for valuation right?

self pwned!!

what is the point of call it TOP agent btw, any damn property agent call bank also will get valuation what?
    self pwned!!
    seriously, bro Ringo33, relax abit ya. One must acknowledge that not all agents are the same, not all bankers are the same and definitely not all of us experienced exactly same service from these over the years. You have the good, the bad, the really top rated and also the crook type of these.

Hence, do not be so defensive or assume that just because the ones
    you experienced service from is also the norm across the board. When bros
    here share their views, even if you have not encountered such service,
    just agree to disagree. There are often times not an issue of right or
    wrong but simply a matter of real life experience...such may be one off
    or during a particular period where transactions moved like hot cakes
    and there are special customer service rendered by these then.

We use this forum to share and exchange our experiences. As with all forums, there will always be differences in opinions due to personal experiences. Let's take everything with a pinch of salt and no need to engage in endless discourses because what one knows, experienced and read just may not be the same. That's why we are all individually unique.

Peace.

To all : Have a happy and memorable Valentine tomorrow!

Speechless..... with your kind of reply. U r the best, professional and knowledgeable.
    I dont get what you are trying to say here. For one moment, you say call any agents and they will give you your home valuation report because they are hungry for business.

And now you cant even confirm if the report provided by your "agencies" include valuation.

It is either yes or no because I am sure we all have seen the same report provided by streetsine.

Honestly this kind of information and comment very unreliable and amateurish leh. If you not sure, it might be better not to comments.

Speechless..... with your kind of reply. U r the best, professional and knowledgeable.

lets just recap.

DC33 : Call ANY property agent and they can provide you with valuation because they are hungry

R33 : Agent will give you a low valuation if you want to sell, high if you wishes to buy

DC 33: they will print out an analysis report with unit no. for me which their agency would have subscribe to SISV database or other reliable database

R33 : Do you mean those report from Streetsine? Can you show us a report that has got valuation in it?

DC33 : Its for you to find out.

Unless you could show us an agent report that has got VALUATION, else, I would take that as jiaowei.

will it be so much difference within the same project?

Pay money to get professional in to do more realistic valuation. eg. CKS

you should be calling the bank officer to ask for valuation ...

agents are not obligated or trained ...

asking them becos they are hungry for business... is manipulative and wrong ..

if they give a wrong valuation .. I am they will get complains and worst still ..kana from CEA ...

it is not right and not fair

Quote Originally Posted by leesg123 View Post
    Pay money to get professional in to do more realistic valuation. eg. CKS

exactly ...

want to get valuation and call agent only becos agents need the business .. that reflect on the person ...

after giving valuation = guarantee got business ?

want cheap want free yet no guarantee got business ...

and if agent unable to give valuation ( which they are not trained or obligated to do so) .. will kana brand "lousy' ..

lose lose situation for agent when they shud really be calling the banks ...

or pay for a valuer

I guess you also know that agents has deal with bank staff looking after mortgage package too. Bank staff cannot just rely on walk-in or call-in customer to achieve quota. That is why sometime, there are deals amongst Bank staff, agent and buyer who needs a loan mortgage. Agents gets a cut when they introduce customer to bank staff and co-share a portion with the property buyer. Lawyers are also involved at times especially the new and desperate conveyancing lawyers.
    Quote Originally Posted by proud owner View Post
    you should be calling the bank officer to ask for valuation ...

agents are not obligated or trained ...

asking them becos they are hungry for business... is manipulative and wrong ..

if they give a wrong valuation .. I am they will get complains and worst still ..kana from CEA ...

it is not right and not fair

Do you know what is the first question the valuer will ask you in the first meeting? What is the valuation for? (ie. Buy/Sell?, for stamping due to Change/Add name, Change owner in the case as GIFT, etc). The valuation price varies. You do not need an established valuation unless it involves a law suit case. Otherwise, one that is less established and further away from CBD is good enough. [Requote=leesg123;462665]Pay money to get professional in to do more realistic valuation. eg. CKS[/quote]

Do you know what is the first question the valuer will ask you in the first meeting? What is the valuation for? (ie. Buy/Sell?, for stamping due to Change/Add name, Change owner in the case as GIFT, etc). The valuation price varies. You do not need an established valuation unless it involves a law suit case. Otherwise, one that is less established and further away from CBD is good enough. [Requote=leesg123;462665]Pay money to get professional in to do more realistic valuation. eg. CKS
    [/quote]

bro, you failed to call upon the one true 'talent' who can forecast and guarantee capital appreciation and rental yield 4 years into the future! he's the ultimate valuer

Not sure if such a person should be called a "valuer". Valuer collate information, analyse and produce a report.

bro, you failed to call upon the one true 'talent' who can forecast and guarantee capital appreciation and rental yield 4 years into the future! he's the ultimate valuer[/quote]

Of course valuation come from the banks. Didn't I make it clear earlier? Or you can't understand what I said? Maybe too deep for you. Top agents have the best contacts. Best deals, corporate sales, top bankers etc. You go figure out yourself since you so cocky. Don't want to share my experience with you.

self pwned!!

Not sure if such a person should be called a "valuer". Valuer collate information, analyse and produce a report.

bro, you failed to call upon the one true 'talent' who can forecast and guarantee capital appreciation and rental yield 4 years into the future! he's the ultimate valuer
    [/quote]

eh, you fail to appreciate the subtleties of the sarcasm

sorry. A bit slow. Got it now.

eh, you fail to appreciate the subtleties of the sarcasm[/quote]

I guess you also know that agents has deal with bank staff looking after mortgage package too. Bank staff cannot just rely on walk-in or call-in customer to achieve quota. That is why sometime, there are deals amongst Bank staff, agent and buyer who needs a loan mortgage. Agents gets a cut when they introduce customer to bank staff and co-share a portion with the property buyer. Lawyers are also involved at times especially the new and desperate conveyancing lawyers.
    this is a SOP and the same referral fee also apply to existing bank customer who recommend their friends or relatives to take up mortgage with the bank.Hence please stop trying to paint a picture that property agents are valuer or have special privileges with the banks.

Noticed now you are talking about something totally irrelevant to

HOW I CAN GET THE VALUATION OF PTE PROPERTY?