Thread: Question on HDB/PC ownership....??

Default Question on HDB/PC ownership....??

Assuming someone has NO ownership of any property in spore or elsewhere

And person has bought a BUC property...and is awaiting for it to be ready in say 2 years time...

In the meantime he decide to buy a resale HDB...is he allowed to do so?? if he agrees to sell his BUC property 6 mths after TOP??

This is vice versa to what people do when they own a HDB and decide to buy an EC/PC right...they must dispose their HDB 6mths after collect key for EC right...

Anyone can enlighten me tks...
    In the final analysis.....its NOT whether you have a diploma,degree,masters OR PHD....its whether you have a HDB/PC/EC or LANDED...

I think cannot buy hdb once you buy pc whether under construction or not coz you will still be deemed as having an interest in another property which is forbidden under s47 of housing n development act.

Quote Originally Posted by radha08 View Post
    Assuming someone has NO ownership of any property in spore or elsewhere

And person has bought a BUC property...and is awaiting for it to be ready in say 2 years time...

In the meantime he decide to buy a resale HDB...is he allowed to do so?? if he agrees to sell his BUC property 6 mths after TOP??

This is vice versa to what people do when they own a HDB and decide to buy an EC/PC right...they must dispose their HDB 6mths after collect key for EC right...

Anyone can enlighten me tks...
    Can...but ....

If you or any person listed in your resale flat application owns private residential property (locally or overseas), you may still buy a resale flat without any CPF housing grant or HDB loan but you must dispose of the private property within six months of the purchase of the resale flat.
    http://www.hdb.gov.sg/fi10/fi10321p....e?OpenDocument

That means will have to pay for SSD of the BUC when you sell it if it is still within 4 years of purchase.

tks but in this case if it is a BUC property i.e NOT yet constructed how to sell off....?? within 6 mths of buying hdb resale...

is this type of case appealable to HDB...just wondering cos seems like nowadays buying property in spore no more as simple as a,b,c...there are 1001 laws
    In the final analysis.....its NOT whether you have a diploma,degree,masters OR PHD....its whether you have a HDB/PC/EC or LANDED...

I think can still sell, subsale.

Loopholes not easy to exploit, worst case scenario execute halfway kenna stuck.

tks but in this case if it is a BUC property i.e NOT yet constructed how to sell off....?? within 6 mths of buying hdb resale...

is this type of case appealable to HDB...just wondering cos seems like nowadays buying property in spore no more as simple as a,b,c...there are 1001 laws
    The three laws of Kelonguni:

Where there is kelong, there is guni.
    No kelong no guni.
    More kelong = more guni.

govt have scholars working, and if in any halfway jammed..

appeal to the govt sector, is as good as 'LIAO GAS"

BUC.....of course can sell !
    But have to pay SSD if 4 years not up yet.

That was what speculators were doing in the past.

ok...tks...like i said...nowadays play property is like playing cat n mouse with the authorities

the rule is there to curb speculator
    cheong PC and flip to make quick $ and buy resale hdb
    as oppose to sell hdb and buy PC aka ... upgrader
    govt loves upgrader ... upgrader = life is getting better ... lol

I am stuck too. I have 2 ppty now, one for own-stay and one for rental. thought of buying another uncomplete ppty for own-stay and will sell away my current ppty (own-stay) once TOP, but thinking of the SSD, I . If this is the case, should it consider as 2nd or 3rd ppty?

Quote Originally Posted by irisng View Post
    I am stuck too. I have 2 ppty now, one for own-stay and one for rental. thought of buying another uncomplete ppty for own-stay and will sell away my current ppty (own-stay) once TOP, but thinking of the SSD, I . If this is the case, should it consider as 2nd or 3rd ppty?
    I understand some people are stuck to this kind of situation. They have smaller unit and wish to get a bigger unit and vice versa. But that 7% /10% is too hard to swallow.

I have 5 property. Thinking also to get another for own stay. but ABSD turn me off. But then come to think of it. frankly already have more than 1. give other people a chance. So save the ABSD tax money for other things better.
    “Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.”
    ― Martin Luther King, Jr.

OUT WITH THE SHIT TRASH

https://www.facebook.com/shutdowntrs

Quote Originally Posted by minority View Post
    I have 5 property. Thinking also to get another for own stay. but ABSD turn me off. But then come to think of it. frankly already have more than 1. give other people a chance. So save the ABSD tax money for other things better.
    You have lots of choices since you have 5 properties, you can choose any one of them to stay when you feel like changing the environment but I'm different, I have only 2 ppty, my intention is one for one exchange, not getting a 3rd ppty. Frankly speaking, I also cannot afford the 3rd ppty lor.

My 2nd ppty (rented out) is too small for my whole family. I have been staying at my current house for more than 15 yrs, things don't seem to be going smooth for my spouse, so thought of changing the environment but ABSD turn me off leh. Thought of getting a HDB resale flat but need to sell off 2 of my pc, still need to wait for ???? months before I can buy the resale HDB flat right?

You have lots of choices since you have 5 properties, you can choose any one of them to stay when you feel like changing the environment but I'm different, I have only 2 ppty, my intention is one for one exchange, not getting a 3rd ppty. Frankly speaking, I also cannot afford the 3rd ppty lor.

My 2nd ppty (rented out) is too small for my whole family. I have been staying at my current house for more than 15 yrs, things don't seem to be going smooth for my spouse, so thought of changing the environment but ABSD turn me off leh. Thought of getting a HDB resale flat but need to sell off 2 of my pc, still need to wait for ???? months before I can buy the resale HDB flat right?
    cannot afford to buy a third one, just rent out your current house n rent a new unit for yourself loh...
    Ong lai ah!

Various reasons and size. Investment properties and own stay have different attributes. you will know when u look at yours. With the current Measures and stage in the property cycle u might be better off spending the $ to Pimp up ur current place , change a new look than pay ABSD and agent fees. Frankly unless there are reasons to move location currently better spend the $ u will spend on ABSD to pimp up the home.

Yes I was also hoping HDB ease up on the rules some day when I am about to retire so I can get a relative new resale HDB and pimp it up and retire. When old no need so much facility that come with the condo anymore. But currently have to be fare to those who really need the HDB so lets not cheong with them.

Thats what I decided to do after doing some sums and weighting the market outlook..
    “Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.”

OUT WITH THE SHIT TRASH

Various reasons and size. Investment properties and own stay have different attributes. you will know when u look at yours. With the current Measures and stage in the property cycle u might be better off spending the $ to Pimp up ur current place , change a new look than pay ABSD and agent fees. Frankly unless there are reasons to move location currently better spend the $ u will spend on ABSD to pimp up the home.

Yes I was also hoping HDB ease up on the rules some day when I am about to retire so I can get a relative new resale HDB and pimp it up and retire. When old no need so much facility that come with the condo anymore. But currently have to be fare to those who really need the HDB so lets not cheong with them.

Thats what I decided to do after doing some sums and weighting the market outlook..

I assume your 5 properties are not your choice location for own stay ... and are small units ...

when i buy i always ask myself... if i would stay here if i cant rent it out ...

that's my criteria

so i am always able to move to any of my investment units ...

Quote Originally Posted by proud owner View Post
    I assume your 5 properties are not your choice location for own stay ... and are small units ...

when i buy i always ask myself... if i would stay here if i cant rent it out ...

that's my criteria

so i am always able to move to any of my investment units ...
    For me simple. Own stay criteria ate different from investment. Ie support infrastructure , near parents etc etc

Rental are all about rentability , yield, target tenants . So own stay n investment always not the same.

OUT WITH THE SHIT TRASH

Buy HDB resale, must dispose PC within 6 months.

Buy HDB BTO, then need to dispose PC for 30months before eligible to apply for BTO.

I like to buy small studio like those around 500 sq ft studio to rent out. Nothing smaller than 450 sqft. I find around 500 sqft provides the highest yield. Those below 400 sqft often have rental below 2.5k. 500 sqft just nice. Can get >3k. For own stay, I bought a studio for myself also. But close to 700 sqft. I don't think I can stay 500 sqft.

For me simple. Own stay criteria ate different from investment. Ie support infrastructure , near parents etc etc

Rental are all about rentability , yield, target tenants . So own stay n investment always not the same.

Quote Originally Posted by thomastansb View Post
    I like to buy small studio like those around 500 sq ft studio to rent out. Nothing smaller than 450 sqft. I find around 500 sqft provides the highest yield. Those below 400 sqft often have rental below 2.5k. 500 sqft just nice. Can get >3k. For own stay, I bought a studio for myself also. But close to 700 sqft. I don't think I can stay 500 sqft.
    when I buy I always must understand the target profile of my tenant. whats their budget and what is the profile. Naturally if I am targeting a couple I wont be going for a under 500sqf studio.

If I am going for a 500sqf studio then there is a certain target tenant profile which must consider the ammentites ard it can attract such tenants.

But I frankly dont look at under 500sqf studio coz frankly its really in humane to live in.

OUT WITH THE SHIT TRASH

Quote Originally Posted by JNSYN View Post
    Buy HDB resale, must dispose PC within 6 months.

Buy HDB BTO, then need to dispose PC for 30months before eligible to apply for BTO.
    Thanks. Just curious, will you all rent out your current house and then rent another unit for own stay if you have a family with teenage children. For me, I don't think I will do that. I would rather stay on at my current house if I can't afford another one, as mentioned by miniority, spend some money to pimp up my house if there is so special reason for changing of location.

Thats why Ah Kong told everyone not to sell their HDB for a quick buck mah.

OUT WITH THE SHIT TRASH

I target yield and CA only. The higher, the better. So small units always fit me.

The smallest studio I have ever bought in my whole life is 495 sq ft at the clift. The layout is solid, doesn't even look like 495. My friends thought it was 592 sq ft when I show them. But the yield is fantastic. Never seen such good rental before.

when I buy I always must understand the target profile of my tenant. whats their budget and what is the profile. Naturally if I am targeting a couple I wont be going for a under 500sqf studio.

If I am going for a 500sqf studio then there is a certain target tenant profile which must consider the ammentites ard it can attract such tenants.

But I frankly dont look at under 500sqf studio coz frankly its really in humane to live in.

Only rich people can afford to buy property like that and I only dreamd of having one. Why I'm born poor! The world is really so unfair! Unfair!

Quote Originally Posted by Wendywallace View Post
    Only rich people can afford to buy property like that and I only dreamd of having one. Why I'm born poor! The world is really so unfair! Unfair!
    Thats not true. Many start from no where as salaried workers. key is patience , timing and work hard for the 1st entry. Anyway so many people get that 1st break with ah kong help. i.e. HDB.

OUT WITH THE SHIT TRASH

why must the world be fair to u?

Quote Originally Posted by thomastansb View Post
    I target yield and CA only. The higher, the better. So small units always fit me.

The smallest studio I have ever bought in my whole life is 495 sq ft at the clift. The layout is solid, doesn't even look like 495. My friends thought it was 592 sq ft when I show them. But the yield is fantastic. Never seen such good rental before.

yeah coz FEO mah. they play with the furnishing. coz clift no wardrobes. so from raw space it looks good. anyway if u bought during the launch or lehman then its a good buy coz compare to the others in that area its the best location and unblocked.

I almost committed there but didn't.

OUT WITH THE SHIT TRASH

When I was born my parent do not have their own house. They rent the house until I was graduated and start working. I am the first child in the family that can buy a house after work for 5 Years. Only after works for 13 years I manage to buy condo. We will not solving any problem by blaming some thing else as the root cause. I agree that thing is much easier when Some one born in rich family but that does not mean they do not have problem.

You got to be kidding everyone here. You are rich because you work for it. You don't get rich by dreaming. Most rich people were once poor.

I bought at quite a high price too. 7xxk by the time I bought it. Missed those 5xxk in 2009.

yeah coz FEO mah. they play with the furnishing. coz clift no wardrobes. so from raw space it looks good. anyway if u bought during the launch or lehman then its a good buy coz compare to the others in that area its the best location and unblocked.

I almost committed there but didn't.