Page 5 of 26 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: KALLANG RIVERSIDE (FREEHOLD, Kampong Bugis, 380m to Lavender MRT)

Senior

User Info Menu

Kallang area wil always be the poorer cousin for Tanjong Rhu due to its proximity to rental HDB, industrial estate and red light district.

If you want to go upmarket, the place to put your money in along Tanjong Rhu and the new Marina Bay East.
    "[I]Never argue with an idiot, or he will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience[/I]."

Junior

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ringo33 View Post
    Kallang area wil always be the poorer cousin for Tanjong Rhu due to its proximity to rental HDB, industrial estate and red light district.

If you want to go upmarket, the place to put your money in along Tanjong Rhu and the new Marina Bay East.
    But the prices for citylights and southbank show otherwise when compared to tanjong rhu.

Imo, rental is better for lavender and own stay with car better for tanjong rhu.

Senior

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Rosy View Post
    But the prices for citylights and southbank show otherwise when compared to tanjong rhu.

Imo, rental is better for lavender and own stay with car better for tanjong rhu.
    Its the potential that we should be looking instead of saying which project has got higher psf. And the disparity could also due to age and unit size.

IMO the positive impact of the sport hub is very limited and all the hype will simply die off very quickly because sport hub is pretty much a dead place when there are no event. And when there is event, there will be congestion and noise, not something that everyone look forward to.

Plus tanjong rhu area property will also get a boost from the ERL and the future development at Marina Bay east.
    "[I]Never argue with an idiot, or he will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience[/I]."

Banned

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ringo33 View Post
    Its the potential that we should be looking instead of saying which project has got higher psf. And the disparity could also due to age and unit size.

IMO the positive impact of the sport hub is very limited and all the hype will simply die off very quickly because sport hub is pretty much a dead place when there are no event. And when there is event, there will be congestion and noise, not something that everyone look forward to.

Plus tanjong rhu area property will also get a boost from the ERL and the future development at Marina Bay east.
    Agree the part about the (initial) hype of the sports hub. When dealing with my clients who are interested to rent shops/restaurants at the sports hub to operate their business, I always ask them to better think twice.

User Info Menu

Hey don't be busy body lar

I want first time buyers kana snoke mah.

luckily you never tell them sat and sunday, that place become thai, bangla and phinoy love spots

then every month sure got police car stop there to catch drunk thai from fighting.

I want to buy from regret owners, dont spoil my plan ok

User Info Menu

I would pick Tanjung Rhu if I'm looking for a place to stay myself

For rental, I would go with Kallang River as there's just more amenities nearby! hahaha
    Believing me is like believing [B][COLOR="RoyalBlue"]Puaka Hill[/COLOR][/B] is in [FONT="Book Antiqua"][COLOR="Red"]D10[/COLOR][/FONT]!

Senior

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by relax88 View Post
    Hey don't be busy body lar

I want first time buyers kana snoke mah.

luckily you never tell them sat and sunday, that place become thai, bangla and phinoy love spots

then every month sure got police car stop there to catch drunk thai from fighting.

I want to buy from regret owners, dont spoil my plan ok
    Got the same problem when I was thinking of buying Southbank in 2006, there are thai, bangla, phinoy, rental housing, HDB, main road, dirty drain, Care taker, industrial building, lady head found on the beach of kallang, people die in the Kallang Basin, wetmarket, food court, 24 hour food court, Hotel, Geylang chicken etc.... lucky still go ahead and buy @ SGD 535,000. Love the place when the Gaswork is still working, passby can smell the Gas. Haut Ah........

Last edited by Arcachon; 6th March 2014 at 02:56 PM.

Senior

User Info Menu

The Kallang Body Parts Murder is one of Singapore’s more prominent criminal cases. The crime took place in June 2005 and involved the murder of Liu Hong Mei, a Chinese national who had been working in Singapore. She was killed by her supervisor and lover, Leong Siew Chor, and subsequently chopped up into seven parts. Her body parts and belongings were then dumped at the Kallang River, Singapore River, rubbish bins along Ubi Road and outside Ang Mo Kio MRT Station. The crime came to light when parts of her body surfaced at Kallang River, giving the crime its name.

http://infopedia.nl.sg/articles/SIP_...011-03-17.html

Last edited by Arcachon; 6th March 2014 at 03:11 PM.

Senior

User Info Menu

Senior

User Info Menu