Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Singaporean family lose $10,000 in Johor Baru home burglary

Blue blood

User Info Menu

Default Singaporean family lose $10,000 in Johor Baru home burglary

http://www.tnp.sg/content/singaporea...ampaign=buffer

They wanted a quieter life, so the couple and their family moved out of their five-room HDB flat in Woodlands last year and rented a semi-detached house for RM2,500 a month (S$965) in the Straits View area (above) in Johor Baru, Malaysia.
    But on Sunday night, they returned from a wedding ceremony in Singapore to find their three-storey house burgled. The family lost $10,000 in cash and valuables.
    The couple live in the house with their four adult children, a son-in-law and a two-month-old grandson.
    The wife, who wanted to be known only as Madam Su, told The New Paper that the burglary has made her reconsider living in Johor Baru.
    “Before this incident, I was telling my family and friends that it was good to be living in Johor Baru,” the 58-year-old housewife said at their home on Tuesday.
    “I never expected something this bad to happen to us. This incident has made me think twice about living here. Now I want to move back to Singapore.”

User Info Menu

sibei ignorant ... this is one reason why sporean is not "capable" to live outside spore. how can "never expect" ...

what about car-jacking or mug ... must really think thrice ... shit happens

"I never expected something this bad to happen to us"

User Info Menu

Personally I feel it is meaningless to build prison like iron grilles and concertina wired attached to live wired anti dinosaur security systems and keeping a few rottweilers with a pump gun behind the guardhouse.

Too stressful especially with kids in stow.

Rather stay at woodlands hdb flat and just a have a simple lock and nice neighbourhood watch with neighbours.

Senior

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by pod View Post
    Personally I feel it is meaningless to build prison like iron grilles and concertina wired attached to live wired anti dinosaur security systems and keeping a few rottweilers with a pump gun behind the guardhouse.

Rather stay at woodlands hdb flat and just a have a simple lock and nice neighbourhood watch with neighbours.

totally agree
    [LIST][/LIST]In the final analysis.....its NOT whether you have a diploma,degree,masters OR PHD....its whether you have a HDB/PC/EC or LANDED...

Senior

User Info Menu

totally agree
    [LIST][/LIST]In the final analysis.....its NOT whether you have a diploma,degree,masters OR PHD....its whether you have a HDB/PC/EC or LANDED...

Junior

User Info Menu

many ppl who want some saving would think it is better to stay on the other side of the border...stressful because of money?? then it is better than stressful because of your children and family safety...
    which is more important, safety or money???
    So relax to stay in a large compound, so cheap to stay in this 4000sqft house then in a 4/5 room flat. Really??? think of it, not true. depends on what you want in life. bigger living space with more stressful environment or less space with less stress........

User Info Menu

My secondary daughter's classmate bought a property in JB and live there, everyday she has to travel from JB to SG, wake up as early as 4am, after school if there are activities, she will reach home at night, the hectic travelling and the safety of her do her parents concern? how selfish if they are bigger living space, luxury housing and lower living standard

May The Force Be With You...

User Info Menu

murphy's law tilts heavily across the causeway....

it's only a matter of time & inevitability...

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by princess_morbucks View Post
    next expect? hope they bought insurance.
    Ong lai ah!

Banned

User Info Menu

They will just sit on the case n nothing gets done. This is malaysia for you.

Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast