Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Capital21

User Info Menu

Default Capital21

Guys,anyone has any insights on Capital 21? http://www.capitalcity.com.my/home.php

Seems like a pretty decent investment for retail? malls + hotels + kidznaia + condos

Senior

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by extremme View Post
    Guys,anyone has any insights on Capital 21? http://www.capitalcity.com.my/home.php

Seems like a pretty decent investment for retail? malls + hotels + kidznaia + condos
    I won't touch it unless I have good holding power.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hyenergix View Post
    I won't touch it unless I have good holding power.
    why do you say that???

Senior

User Info Menu

why do you say that???
    Location and competition from fellow investors. You need to go and check out the actual site and number of units.

I may be wrong, but I think there are better places to invest elsewhere in Johor if you are into commercial.

User Info Menu

Location and competition from fellow investors. You need to go and check out the actual site and number of units.

I may be wrong, but I think there are better places to invest elsewhere in Johor if you are into commercial.
    OK thks....

Senior

User Info Menu

OK thks....
    The take-up rate by locals was decent though about 2 months ago when I visited. The developer reserved the best units/floors for itself. You may wish to go down and assess yourself. I'm only TCSS here.

User Info Menu

The take-up rate by locals was decent though about 2 months ago when I visited. The developer reserved the best units/floors for itself. You may wish to go down and assess yourself. I'm only TCSS here.

thks again. I did not go to the site itself but I went to the roadshow at KSL.

The anchor tenants (ie Hilton Hotel, Kidznaia etc) looks promising. Seldom I see condos, hotels, malls together. I heard alot of Singaporeans took up too. I was there and besides me yesterday another Singaporean took 2 units of the retail kiosks.

As I am not familiar with the Malaysia market hence wanted some feedback. They guaranteed rental yield of 7% and 8% for the first 2 years respectively.

User Info Menu

Default Take Up Rate?

we have to be careful about this "take up" rate.
    Not familiar with this project per se, but I think their definition of "take up" is vastly different from what we sg ppl understand.

Does "take up" represent "deposit paid" or "signing of S&P" ?
    In JB, there is also a term called "Conditional S&P".

Look at Danga Island which is similar to Sentosa Cove. Launched many years back and was deemed 70% sold. Completed more than a year ago.. but.. take a look at it now.

Senior

User Info Menu

There was a sales chart showing e red stickers, which were booked units.

My assessment:

The Tampoi location is not very accessible via major highways linking 1st n 2nd links. Note e low cost housing area n factories around it. VP is expected around 2018, but I doubt e area can take off in next 4 years as developments r generally slow in JB. There will be new many malls next to 1st n 2nd links to compete for rich shoppers from Singapore, not to mention e large number of other units within e mall to compete for tenants or customers. Psf wise is not cheap too.

Junior

User Info Menu

Checked it out. Hatten has the most advantage in the agreement and leasing moving forward. The concept is equivalent to buying REITs except that you are stuck with the unit you bought. Not as liquid as you think. You can sell back to Hatten, and I'm sure they will buy from you if your unit generates good yield but if your unit isn't ideal, why would anyone buy? And why would Hatten buy back from you?

If you try to rent out the unit yourself instead of letting Hatten which functions as the overall tenant mix manager to manage, I'm sure they will compete for your tenant given the huge no. of units they are managing for everyone whose units are under their care.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast