Thread: Prices dip for housing units at uncompleted projects

Default Prices dip for housing units at uncompleted projects

http://www.straitstimes.com/archive/...jects-20140319

Prices dip for housing units at uncompleted projects

Published on Mar 19, 2014

By Melissa Tan

SELLING prices at some uncompleted projects have fallen over the past three months - by anything from just over 1 per cent to 7 per cent - possibly as developers aim to clear units that have been on the market for some time.

Urban Vista in Tanah Merah, The Glades nearby and D'Leedon have all recorded declines in their median prices from December to last month, Urban Redevelopment Authority (URA) figures show.

Consultants said developers could be facing pressure to give discounts due to stiff competition from newer launches. "But most of the projects will still try to maintain prices as much as possible," R'ST Research director Ong Kah Seng said.

OrangeTee research head Christine Li noted that a median price drop does not necessarily mean that developers reduced prices for the whole project.

Analysts added that it could also mean developers sold more bigger units, which draw lower prices on a per square foot (psf) basis, than in previous months.

The URA private property price index could still hold steady in the first quarter or even rise slightly from the preceding quarter, Ms Li added.

At Urban Vista in Tanah Merah Kechil Link, waiting two months could save a buyer over $50,000. For instance, an 850 sq ft unit sold for $1,131,953 on Dec 3, but a similar unit on a higher floor in the same block sold for $1,080,000 on Feb 27, according to caveats lodged with the URA.

The median price for new sales at the project slid from $1,345 psf in December to $1,291 psf in January, down 4 per cent.

The project by Fragrance Group and World Class Land sold eight units in December and seven in January. The median price sank a further 2.4 per cent to $1,259 psf in February, a month when 22 homes were sold. This brought the cumulative sales to 554 out of 582 units at the end of last month - a take-up rate of 95 per cent.

Many more units are unsold across the road at Keppel Land's The Glades. The 726-unit project in Bedok Rise, launched in September last year, had moved 140 units by the end of last month.

The median price for new home sales at the project declined by 6.2 per cent from $1,477 psf in December to $1,385 psf in January. It slipped another 1.7 per cent to $1,362 psf in February, while notching up 14 sales that month.

Prices at The Glades are slightly higher than those at Urban Vista, partly because its developer paid more for the land.

CapitaLand's D'Leedon also saw median prices fall by 7.4 per cent for new sales, from $1,512 psf in December to $1,400 psf in January. There was a further dip of 1 per cent to $1,386 psf last month.

The project at Leedon Heights moved between two and five units in each of those three months. It had sold 1,442 of its 1,715 units by the end of last month.

[email protected]

There goes OCR....

Here comes the votes

Those who pay $1700psf for jurong can

Quote Originally Posted by mosaic View Post
    There goes OCR....

Quote Originally Posted by newbie11 View Post
    Here comes the votes
    Votes for what?

so which OCR project has the lowest psf for now? still $1K above?

Quote Originally Posted by Patrickstar View Post
    Those who pay $1700psf for jurong can

Regulators, what does banging the head means? regret not buying more because property in Jurong Lake District are going to HUAT?

I understand that your regent heights hasnt been not doing very well. What happen? Has MK88 hit 2000psf already?
    "Never argue with an idiot, or he will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience."

Quote Originally Posted by DMCK View Post
    so which OCR project has the lowest psf for now? still $1K above?
    property around the north east and far eastern region are likely to see the most drop due to over supply.
    "Never argue with an idiot, or he will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience."

Btw I don't know who Regulators is.

Anyway EDB mentioned that you said you live in hdb n have Japanese neighbours, kindly let us know which estate n block you live in so we can check if your neighbours are truly Japanese like you claim. Nobody in this forum has heard of Japanese renting hdb flats if they can even afford to set their foot here. I think you are clearly in the mediocre league n full of crap. You should stick to your hdb flat n stop dreaming about being in the private property club.

Quote Originally Posted by Ringo33 View Post
    Regulators, what does banging the head means? regret not buying more because property in Jurong Lake District are going to HUAT?

I understand that your regent heights hasnt been not doing very well. What happen? Has MK88 hit 2000psf already?

Those voting you an idiot n clown has increased to 21, please constantly check your poll for updated results.

Btw save your effort in giving your half cent opinions about property n talk like some guru since you live only in an hdb flat (with "japanese neighbors") n have been missing every property boat since day one.

property around the north east and far eastern region are likely to see the most drop due to over supply.

Those voting you an idiot n clown has increased to 21, please constantly check your poll for updated results.

Btw save your effort in giving your half cent opinions about property n talk like some guru since you live only in an hdb flat (with "japanese neighbors") n have been missing every property boat since day one.
    Patrickstar is someone who treat popularity poll (or should I say silly poll) very seriously. This is exactly like, Regulators who went as far as secretly voting for himself just to be popular

In fact, I would think that Regulators is currently operating more than 1 forum account at the moment and Patrickstar is just one of the many.

And since the silly poll doesnt get forummer any option to disagree with the poll, perhaps we can compare the number of views vs number of votes to measure the success of the poll.

You need to be one very pathetic fool to keep talking about the poll

The simple fact that you keep talking about unrelated things to others and saying this forumer is this or that person all the time explains why people in the forum see you as an idiot n a clown. The evidence speaks for itself. Go look at the poll results.

Patrickstar is someone who treat popularity poll (or should I say silly poll) very seriously. This is exactly like, Regulators who went as far as secretly voting for himself just to be popular

In fact, I would think that Regulators is currently operating more than 1 forum account at the moment and Patrickstar is just one of the many.

And since the silly poll doesnt get forummer any option to disagree with the poll, perhaps we can compare the number of views vs number of votes to measure the success of the poll.

You need to be one very pathetic fool to keep talking about the poll

The simple fact that you keep talking about unrelated things to others and saying this forumer is this or that person all the time explains why people in the forum see you as an idiot n a clown. The evidence speaks for itself. Go look at the poll results.
    Lets cut the long story short.

Since you are a believer of God, let me ask you if you dare swear by the life and health of your future unborn child and grandchild that you are NOT Regulators?

Before you do anything dumb and stupid, let me just remind you that a smooth pregnancy and a healthy baby is more important that your existence in the virtual world.

Other forumers have validated that you are merely n idiot n a clown, should anyone listen to anything you say? Lol...

Lets cut the long story short.

Since you are a believer of God, let me ask you if you dare swear by the life and health of your future unborn child and grandchild that you are NOT Regulators?

Before you do anything dumb and stupid, let me just remind you that a smooth pregnancy and a healthy baby is more important that your existence in the virtual world.

Other forumers have validated that you are merely n idiot n a clown, should anyone listen to anything you say? Lol...

I will take that as a "YES, I AM REGULATORS"

CHECKMATE!! Lol

You ask people to swear they must swear? What makes you think that I believe in God, did I tell you that? No wonder you are an idiot n a clown. Go check out your poll.
    I will take that as a "YES, I AM REGULATORS"

CHECKMATE!! Lol

You ask people to swear they must swear? What makes you think that I believe in God, did I tell you that? No wonder you are an idiot n a clown. Go check out your poll.
    You should be thankful that this forum allow monkeys like you to roam around with multiple forum accounts.

You want to carry out a poll to find out who is more a monkey? I think I will save you that embarrassment.

You should be thankful that this forum allow monkeys like you to roam around with multiple forum accounts.

Everybody, those who have not voted, please vote:

http://forums.condosingapore.com/sho...t=20595&page=9

Everybody, those who have not voted, please vote:

http://forums.condosingapore.com/sho...t=20595&page=9
    Regulators, how many times have you voted?

I didn't see Regulators in the poll. Maybe I should send Regulators a PM to vote in this poll. I think this poll sums up your existence in this forum. 6000+ rubbish posts and the biggest troll in this forum.

BTW just as you are online now, someone has added another vote, now totalling 22 people who voted you as clown and idiot.