Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Commonwealth Towers - 99LH - 43storeys -Hongleong/CDL- Queenstown MRT

Quote Originally Posted by litechaser View Post
    actually some 2 bedders were selling at 1,400 to 1,500 psf only. good price ?
    very good price

The challenge is how to move the rest ...
    Ride at your own risk !!!

Quote Originally Posted by terrynfs View Post
    very good price
    hi, why u say its very good price ? seems Ok only ...

Quote Originally Posted by phantom_opera View Post
    The challenge is how to move the rest ...
    Don't worry, I and my friends waiting at the sideline for the next batch launching at 20% below, ..... We are not desperate buyers.

hi, why u say its very good price ? seems Ok only ...
    quantum very low, psf means nothing

Quote Originally Posted by terrynfs View Post
    quantum very low, psf means nothing
    cannot say psf means nothing la...what if selling at 500K but size only 100 sq ft ?

thks for info. seems that commonwealth towers are selling cheaper than J gateway.
    market sentiment is different. I do not think CDL will sell the commonweath units at current price if they launched it early last year.

Quote Originally Posted by lionhill View Post
    market sentiment is different. I do not think CDL will sell the commonweath units at current price if they launched it early last year.
    yes, I concur ...maybe can start buying liao

yes, I concur ...maybe can start buying liao
    Lowest psf for J Gateway is 1239psf and highest is $1774psf. I would say this project will be at least $100psf higher psf by the time it sell all the unit.

Then again, when Jurong Gateway is fully developed, I would expect property prices there will be on par with RCR price.
    "Never argue with an idiot, or he will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience."

Quote Originally Posted by Ringo33 View Post
    Lowest psf for J Gateway is 1239psf and highest is $1774psf. I would say this project will be at least $100psf higher psf by the time it sell all the unit.

Then again, when Jurong Gateway is fully developed, I would expect property prices there will be on par with RCR price.
    It's hard to predict future prices for Commonwealth Towers.

Right now it could be a pricing strategy to sell 2 bedders first.

Anyway the Gateway is a teleporting location - sure will continue to do well.
    The three laws of Kelonguni:

Where there is kelong, there is guni.
    No kelong no guni.
    More kelong = more guni.

But then again, J Gateway is already selling at RCR prices now ?

But then again, J Gateway is already selling at RCR prices now ?
    It has to because JLD is the new commercial center.
    However new launch vs new launch same size, near MRT, gap is still very wide. Echelon launch during same time is around $2500psf.
    "Never argue with an idiot, or he will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience."

However new launch vs new launch same size, near MRT, gap is still very wide. Echelon launch during same time is around $2500psf.
    It has to because JLD is the new commercial center. Senseless statement...

However new launch vs new launch same size, near MRT, gap is still very wide. Echelon launch during same time is around $2500psf. Sensible statement. Clearly J Gate has sold at future pricing, likewise Echelon... good luck

Idiot at work again. Buay sian..

Quote Originally Posted by Ayeya View Post
    To put things into perspective

Land Size (sqf) # of units sqf/unit
    Commonwealth Towers 130,100 845 154
    Queens 235,778 722 327
    Echelon 107,000 508 211
    Alex Residence 90,500 429 211
    Reflection 904,000 1129 801
    Rivergate 332,000 545 609
    The Trillium 159,000 231 688
    Sky@Eleven 222,000 273 813
    High density living in a small plot of land! No doubt it's a good location and next to MRT but no amenities in the immediate vicinity. Perhaps have to wait till the whole Margret Drive area to be developed. My order of preference around that stretch of MRT line would be:
    1. Tiong Bahru
    2. Redhill
    3. Queenstown

“其疾如風,其徐如林,侵掠如火,不動如山,難知如陰,動如雷震”

Quote Originally Posted by earthling View Post
    High density living in a small plot of land! No doubt it's a good location and next to MRT but no amenities in the immediate vicinity. Perhaps have to wait till the whole Margret Drive area to be developed. My order of preference around that stretch of MRT line would be:
    1. Tiong Bahru
    2. Redhill
    3. Queenstown

bro, there is no immediate amenities around redhill MRT either.
    if the prices in redhill and Queenstown are the same, I can understand you prefer to redhill. However, if the price in redhill is about 200psf higher than queens town, I would choose Queenstown. Anyhow, redhill is only a white elephant for most people. I still remember there is a report saying than most tenants in red hill come from one-north, which is near to Queenstown.

if the prices in redhill and Queenstown are the same, I can understand you prefer to redhill. However, if the price in redhill is about 200psf higher than queens town, I would choose Queenstown. Anyhow, redhill is only a white elephant for most people. I still remember there is a report saying than most tenants in red hill come from one-north, which is near to Queenstown.
    seond that. redhill pple also need to take train to tiong bahru/orchard for shopping. more upside for queenstown since cheaper and nearer to one north. also nearer to Buona Vista ' The Star Vista' which is a fabulous place for makan

Quote Originally Posted by astroboy8681 View Post
    It has to because JLD is the new commercial center. Senseless statement...
    Should make some sense la when there good news and growth in the area...would u still buy if government announce the plot beside your house will be converted to an airport or a cemetery. .. : )

Just like the soon to be launched Marina One.. because the area there has been targeted as the new city centre..future pricing investors would still buy...
    Last edited by Allthepies; 03-05-14 at 11:25.

Redhill is still closer to Tiong Bahru, Tanglin, River Valley and CBD; thus the higher psf.

Queenstown, on the other hand, has greater potential for growth as there are plenty of land for future development. It is a pity that there isn't any commercial development (shopping mall) in that area that's why I rate Tiong Bahru highest among the three.

Why would tenants from one-north want to move to Redhill (unless they work in CBD)? If I'm working in one-north or in the West, then I prefer to stay at Bouna Vista.

seond that. redhill pple also need to take train to tiong bahru/orchard for shopping. more upside for queenstown since cheaper and nearer to one north. also nearer to Buona Vista ' The Star Vista' which is a fabulous place for makan
    So Queenstown people don't need to take train to Tiong Bahru or Orchard? (Which one near? From Redhill or Queenstown?) Don't get me wrong, I have nothing against Queenstown, in fact I like all the three locations that I've mentioned.

Talking about Bouna Vista, I would rather put my money there than Queenstown for investment.

I will also choose queen town if 200sqf lower . There are another piece of land behind queen condo is will be trender soon .

So Queenstown people don't need to take train to Tiong Bahru or Orchard? (Which one near? From Redhill or Queenstown?) Don't get me wrong, I have nothing against Queenstown, in fact I like all the three locations that I've mentioned.

Talking about Bouna Vista, I would rather put my money there than Queenstown for investment.
    once u hop on to the train, u wud not notice the 2 min difference between queenstown n redhill ...i rather pay 200 psf lesser than to save 2 min .

How's the sales figure so far? Selling or not selling any more?

for redhill, I think you get me wrong. what I mean is that there is insufficient demand from tenants who are working tanglin and orchard due to the fierce competition from condos in holland, orchard and summerset. that's why red hill location is awkward and condos there still look for tenants from one-north and the other west side.

but as you said, buona vista is more attractive to one-north people than queens town due to its direct link to one-north and the surrounding nus, science park, insead, etc. In my opinion, even clementi is more attractive to one-north people than queens town. but the momentum of RCR is there although I do not know how long it will last.

for redhill, I think you get me wrong. what I mean is that there is insufficient demand from tenants who are working tanglin and orchard due to the fierce competition from condos in holland, orchard and summerset. that's why red hill location is awkward and condos there still look for tenants from one-north and the other west side.

but as you said, buona vista is more attractive to one-north people than queens town due to its direct link to one-north and the surrounding nus, science park, insead, etc. In my opinion, even clementi is more attractive to one-north people than queens town. but the momentum of RCR is there although I do not know how long it will last.
    I think it is fair to say that Redhill or Queenstown is more ideal for own stay (that's my personal preference) than for investment. I do agree with you that Redhill condos face direct competition from condos in not only Orchard but River Valley area.

Queenstown is always a popular area and since there hasn't been any new launches in recent years, hence the 'hype' when Commonwealth Towers is launched.

The thing about this project is 75% of its 845 units comprises 1 and 2 bedders which means majority would be buying for investment I suppose? And the plot of land it sits on is simply too small for 845 units.

If I buy for own stay in Queenstown, I'll rather buy Queens resale; if I buy for investment, I'll not choose Queenstown (nor Redhill).

On a side note, It is also interesting to note that there are no private condos at Commonwealth Mrt. That's another good direction and definitely has amenities in its immediate vicinity.

Saw this in twitter :

Marie Lam ‏@marielam888 1h

Commonwealth Towers Almost 35-40% sold and still selling.... Call 96858095 for bes http://pic-collage.com/_RneAC37h pic.twitter.com/wogFCbnWO7

Wow market is heating up...good good...

Quote Originally Posted by Allthepies View Post
    Wow market is heating up...good good...
    This project is just squeezing out the last bits of liquidity left in the marketplace....actually for the excitement this project originally created, the sales have been somewhat disappointing.

There are 12 more known new launches for this year...I will wait and watch...

Quote Originally Posted by rook View Post
    This project is just squeezing out the last bits of liquidity left in the marketplace....actually for the excitement this project originally created, the sales have been somewhat disappointing.

There are 12 more known new launches for this year...I will wait and watch...
    Actually I agree.... for all the hype about 1500 people visiting show flat only 35% sold.... I expect at least 60% sold

Quote Originally Posted by CCR View Post
    Actually I agree.... for all the hype about 1500 people visiting show flat only 35% sold...I expect at least 60% sold
    It depends much on how fast the developer wants to sell. This response is in line with the pricing and market condition.
    The three laws of Kelonguni:

Where there is kelong, there is guni.
    No kelong no guni.
    More kelong = more guni.