Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Should I upgrade to a bigger landed house?

Seems to be the start of a downcycle....wondering if I should sell, stay in JB , for a while and buy when it comes furthur down....but a bit risky....cause what if it rises instead.....also still waiting for state consent...

Threadstarter seems really confused... and willing to move house frequently?

Very hardworking!

Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine23 View Post
    Threadstarter seems really confused... and willing to move house frequently?

Very hardworking!
    Ha ha....just voicing out my thoughts, so it seems confusing to u.....

not trying to be rude. no hard feelings...

Good thing is that your family is very united and willing to go through the hassle of shifting houses regularly...

For me, the easiest solution is to stay put in one's home and keep buying investment properties.

It makes more financial / investment sense. Also, your home is usually the place which brings you happiness / wealth due to its good feng shui.

Cheers!!!

Quote Originally Posted by mummy View Post
    Ha ha....just voicing out my thoughts, so it seems confusing to u.....

Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine23 View Post
    not trying to be rude. no hard feelings...

Good thing is that your family is very united and willing to go through the hassle of shifting houses regularly...

For me, the easiest solution is to stay put in one's home and keep buying investment properties.

It makes more financial / investment sense. Also, your home is usually the place which brings you happiness / wealth due to its good feng shui.

Cheers!!!

Yes, staying put is a likely option.....never checked my house fengshui but so far quite happy and lucky staying there....

Probably most prudent not to move since buying now is like buying at the start of a down cycle...

Also should save more money for my kids university....

Just testing the market and exploring my options....will think very hard before making any major decisions...

no need to check feng shui. As long as you are happy n lucky, that's good feng shui.

Yes, staying put is a likely option.....never checked my house fengshui but so far quite happy and lucky staying there....

Probably most prudent not to move since buying now is like buying at the start of a down cycle...

Just testing the market and exploring my options....will think very hard before making any major decisions...

It is better to use the expense incurred in the moving house, legal fees, stamp fee, etc., to help to renovate the existing home.

If you havent even done that, you should drop the idea of up sizing your debt and living cost.

$1m opportunity cost = $3000 per month
    $3m = $9000 per month or $300 per day
    "Never argue with an idiot, or he will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience."

I asked my banker to do a rough valuation of the Poh Huat corner terrace that I am going to view today and she said 3.4mil! Owner's valuation was 3mil...just wondering if I manage to buy at 2.6mil and do some reno and build a pool, could I profit much 4 years later?

Quote Originally Posted by Ringo33 View Post
    If you havent even done that, you should drop the idea of up sizing your debt and living cost.

$1m opportunity cost = $3000 per month
    $3m = $9000 per month or $300 per day
    I do have some savings plan for their uni but prob only enough for local education....problem is if they need to study abroad....actually the JB house was bought initially as investment for their uni too....

I asked my banker to do a rough valuation of the Poh Huat corner terrace that I am going to view today and she said 3.4mil! Owner's valuation was 3mil...just wondering if I manage to buy at 2.6mil and do some reno and build a pool, could I profit much 4 years later?
    Reno and pool can easily set you back another $200K. Maintenance of pool is no joke too. Easily $200 per mth or you can buy equipment and tools to DIY. Certainly these enhance the resale value of your house when you sell. I find a lot of landed with pools ended up draining off the water as it is seldom used and save the hassle of maintenance.

I think the key issue is your entry level landed. Since the land is small, you probably wanna sell it now or sooner when the building age is still young.

As for moving to JB, I don't think I need to tell you the social security level is over there. There is a reason why property price remains low there for years. Those who invested in Iskandar is feeling the pinch too. Treat it as a vacation house maybe.

Saw the house. Find the interior a bit small and uncomfortable with their altar room as they have an unheard of religion. Think I will pass...

Matthew 8:26
    He replied, "You of little faith, why are you so afraid?" Then he got up and rebuked the winds and the waves, and it was completely calm.

Matthew 7:7
    "Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you.

After 4 months, I finally got all the approvals from URA to proceed with the reconstruction of my house. Have just finalized with the contractor and work will begin in 2 weeks and will take 7 months to complete. The reconstruction will increase my build in area by over 60% and make it more luxurious, my home will be a lot more comfortable after this.

Quote Originally Posted by seletar View Post
    After 4 months, I finally got all the approvals from URA to proceed with the reconstruction of my house. Have just finalized with the contractor and work will begin in 2 weeks and will take 7 months to complete. The reconstruction will increase my build in area by over 60% and make it more luxurious, my home will be a lot more comfortable after this.
    build in area doesnt make a landed property luxurious, it is the open space garden that make living in landed special
    "Never argue with an idiot, or he will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience."

build in area doesnt make a landed property luxurious, it is the open space garden that make living in landed special
    live in hdb also can have very big garden , high ground with big field unblock = luxuruy?

Wow, that's great. Congrats,

Congrats! That is one good thing about landed...the ability to rebuild to one's liking...

my friend why are you sho sho sour?

Quote Originally Posted by astroboy8681 View Post
    my friend why are you sho sho sour?
    Honestly, I feel the same... we should be happy for selectar...but instead...nvr mind

BtW Yowetan, u also seemed fickle minded, confused and inconsistent when u pm me and said u r interested in my terrace but knowing how unrealistic u r, I did not take u seriously so quoted u a sky high price though u said u can afford 2.3 million which I seriously doubt...ha ha...
    that guy thought Ringgit la. Ignore him.

his house not your house.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue View Post
    Reno and pool can easily set you back another $200K. Maintenance of pool is no joke too. Easily $200 per mth or you can buy equipment and tools to DIY. Certainly these enhance the resale value of your house when you sell. I find a lot of landed with pools ended up draining off the water as it is seldom used and save the hassle of maintenance.

I think the key issue is your entry level landed. Since the land is small, you probably wanna sell it now or sooner when the building age is still young.

As for moving to JB, I don't think I need to tell you the social security level is over there. There is a reason why property price remains low there for years. Those who invested in Iskandar is feeling the pinch too. Treat it as a vacation house maybe.
    u live in ISKANDAR BEFORE? or u just like to talk?

Think I will stick to my Malaysia early retirement plan and not get carried away and get a big chain round my neck by upgrading...
    Aim to pay off mortgages and work till RTS is up. Then maybe sell the terrace or rent it out and retire more comfortably....more sensible plan I think....
    malaysia is the way to go.
    spore landed are all overpriced for that puny piece of land.

Quote Originally Posted by polarinda View Post
    malaysia is the way to go.
    spore landed are all overpriced for that puny piece of land.
    Yes, just got my State consent! So happy!!! My Austin Height semid is like 10x cheaper than my Sg terrace...Sg property does seem overpriced...

teddybear is offline Global recession is coming....

Cannot compare like that lah....
    Otherwise might as well go Africa, cheaper by 100x?

Yes, just got my State consent! So happy!!! My Austin Height semid is like 10x cheaper than my Sg terrace...Sg property does seem overpriced...

Many good deals in Ledang Heights also.
    20sqft land enough for u? for 2-3 mil

btw, your state consent took how long? My last 3 took 2-3 months.

Quote Originally Posted by teddybear View Post
    Cannot compare like that lah....
    Otherwise might as well go Africa, cheaper by 100x?
    you can drive to Africa?

Quote Originally Posted by polarinda View Post
    Many good deals in Ledang Heights also.
    20sqft land enough for u? for 2-3 mil
    Looked at Ledang Heights before but no budget leh...nearly bought one around 1 mil rm but owner decided not to sell in the end...after that prices kept going up and up...

Even now, just read that new Tebrau semid are selling for 1.7mil rm now...glad I bought mine already...