Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: How much psf for a MM ard 450sf is consider as reasonable for area in sembawang

Default How much psf for a MM ard 450sf is consider as reasonable for area in sembawang

I am thinking of buying a unit for own stay at ard sembawang or yishun area. Single at the moment and looking at private studio. Any suggestion for this area? Been scouting ard. Currently most of the MM is ard 1300-1400/sqf. Is it ideal to one MM for this range? I am waiting for another 3-6mths before entering the market. Do u think is it wise to do so? Pls kindly advise bro here.

If its for long term stay, then properties over a long term horizon almost surely appreciates in value (eg. 10 years). Even experts cannot time the market for bottom. Decide and buy what you can afford is the best guideline.
    "How to make a fool useful for your properties? Let him continue to blow up Jurong prices and all other areas will keep up"

Quote Originally Posted by Chinky View Post
    I am thinking of buying a unit for own stay at ard sembawang or yishun area. Single at the moment and looking at private studio. Any suggestion for this area? Been scouting ard. Currently most of the MM is ard 1300-1400/sqf. Is it ideal to one MM for this range? I am waiting for another 3-6mths before entering the market. Do u think is it wise to do so? Pls kindly advise bro here.
    For MM, you need to get something near MRT, that will save you a lot of headache looking for tenant in future.

and why Sembawang in the first place? Near work?
    "Never argue with an idiot, or he will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience."

Quote Originally Posted by Ringo33 View Post
    For MM, you need to get something near MRT, that will save you a lot of headache looking for tenant in future.

and why Sembawang in the first place? Near work?
    I like places with less population. I do drive as my job require so. The unit is for own stay probably for abt 5-10 years until I have my own children which will require a bigger unit. Currently 5years plan no children and single.

I like places with less population. I do drive as my job require so. The unit is for own stay probably for abt 5-10 years until I have my own children which will require a bigger unit. Currently 5years plan no children and single.
    If you are buying purely for own stay, just get something you feel comfortable. However if you are thinking of buying and holding for future rental income, it might not be a good idea because most MM tenant doesnt drive and they will need easy access to public transport. It will even be better if is near amenities.

Many things can happen in 5 years, so dont over commit yourself to that sort of time frame.
    "Never argue with an idiot, or he will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience."

I like places with less population. I do drive as my job require so. TO own stay probably for abt 5-10 years until I have my own children which will require a bigger unit. Currently 5years plan no children and single.
    Hi, I am not sure if Yishun has less population.

But most importantly is whether it's near your workplace and whether you like it.

One thing I have learned living and working in most OCR spots: there is demand and support everywhere!

Timing to buy everyone has his own crystal ball.
    The three laws of Kelonguni:

Where there is kelong, there is guni.
    No kelong no guni.
    More kelong = more guni.

Get a 2 bedder at least. If you are married, at least you have another room to do your work or for your children.

Quote Originally Posted by ironmanpower View Post
    Get a 2 bedder at least. If you are married, at least you have another room to do your work or for your children.
    2 bedder not cheap. Currently a PR with abt 180k plus cpf. Not much to afford a 2 bedder. I choose sembawang mainly is that it is one of the cheapest location to get a private.

Sembawang quite a lot of people leh. Why not find something like east coast or old airport? Lesser people.

Quote Originally Posted by thomastansb View Post
    Sembawang quite a lot of people leh. Why not find something like east coast or old airport? Lesser people.
    east side expensive leh... My budget not very much. Hope to get a bedder then 5-10years later see how it goes

Are you one of those who are affected by hdb restriction on pr purchase?

...think about how easy/difficult to sell it(MM) after 5 years....if you buy now
    A bottle of Lafite '82 for all my coffeeshop friends yesterday...many don't know what is it....haha...

Quote Originally Posted by walkthetiger View Post
    ...think about how easy/difficult to sell it(MM) after 5 years....if you buy now
    At the lowest end of the market.... There is always demand. However, capital appreciation is somewhat restricted. If you bet that in 5 years time SG economy is flat or even downturn, these kind of property will out perform. However if u bet in 5 year SG economy will pick up, then these kind of property will under perform.

Quote Originally Posted by Ringo33 View Post
    Are you one of those who are affected by hdb restriction on pr purchase?
    I have been in SG since pri 1. Most of my life spent in SG. I am a PR here. Currently single can only purchase private. But have to pay ABSD 5% still. Headache

I'm not looking to earn big bucks when selling my MM at least don't let me loss more than 5% can already. I just wish to own one place which I can call home. Currently renting room. Though currently no urgency in getting a home.

if you are looking for a cheap MM that doesnt have to be near mrt, you can consider santorini if price is an issue for you.

http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/listi...-the-santorini

2 bedder not cheap. Currently a PR with abt 180k plus cpf. Not much to afford a 2 bedder. I choose sembawang mainly is that it is one of the cheapest location to get a private.

Quote Originally Posted by Patrickstar View Post
    if you are looking for a cheap MM that doesnt have to be near mrt, you can consider santorini if price is an issue for you.

http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/listi...-the-santorini
    Appreciate your recommendation. But I prefer north or west cos Near my work place and also wish to get those that could TOP before 2016. At first I thought of Parc Rosewood. But it has been fried till so hot by some buyers already. So gave up Liao. Now scouting for other private condo.

Appreciate your recommendation. But I prefer north or west cos Near my work place and also wish to get those that could TOP before 2016. At first I thought of Parc Rosewood. But it has been fried till so hot by some buyers already. So gave up Liao. Now scouting for other private condo.
    whats your budget? if u can give us a clear price range to work with maybe u could get better ideas and input.
    at least now u have told us that u prefer a north or west location, we can focus there (instead of santorini in tampines, haha).
    I've had enough. I'm done!!!

Quote Originally Posted by indomie View Post
    At the lowest end of the market.... There is always demand. However, capital appreciation is somewhat restricted. If you bet that in 5 years time SG economy is flat or even downturn, these kind of property will out perform. However if u bet in 5 year SG economy will pick up, then these kind of property will under perform.
    ....price still at $1250psf (or higher) for a place like Yishun....should consider all other costs involved for a breakeven price 5 years later...especially weak rental for coming years, may becoming dirt cheap soon, just hope there are still good interest from people to be landlord of MM years later....
    A bottle of Lafite '82 for all my coffeeshop friends yesterday...many don't know what is it....haha...

Quote Originally Posted by clemdale24 View Post
    whats your budget? if u can give us a clear price range to work with maybe u could get better ideas and input.
    at least now u have told us that u prefer a north or west location, we can focus there (instead of santorini in tampines, haha).
    Like i mentioned, have abt 550-650k range will be a more comfortable range for myself. Anything more than that may be a problem.

I'm not looking to earn big bucks when selling my MM at least don't let me loss more than 5% can already. I just wish to own one place which I can call home. Currently renting room. Though currently no urgency in getting a home.
    ...Get the right thing, a bigger one for future family to live in comfortably..

....price still at $1250psf (or higher) for a place like Yishun....should consider all other costs involved for a breakeven price 5 years later...especially weak rental for coming years, may becoming dirt cheap soon, just hope there are still good interest from people to be landlord of MM years later....
    FINALLY! You are the first to answer my qns! Hahaha. From your comment, I can see that u are trying to say that MM will be worthless in the future. Which means that I may sell it at a loss if I say anything more than 1250 psf. If I pay 1350 psf then I may lose 100 x 450 = 45000. 45000/607500 is abt 7.4% loss. Plus minus abt 7% loss! WTH! So no 1250 psf I don't buy? Headache...

...Get the right thing, a bigger one for future family to live in comfortably..
    After I married I will get a resale HDB with my future wife. MM shld be a stepping stone. Private -> resale hdb -> bto. Cos recently I just divorced. Pay abt 7k for forfeiting my BTO. That's really painful loss for something which I didn't own in the first place.

After I married I will get a resale HDB with my future wife. MM shld be a stepping stone. Private -> resale hdb -> bto. Cos recently I just divorced. Pay abt 7k for forfeiting my BTO. That's really painful loss for something which I didn't own in the first place.
    I see... U are looking for a steping stone property to get yourself established in social circle. Going for the cheapest mm is a good idea, if your ultimate goal is subsidised housing.

Brother. Sab..

Quote Originally Posted by indomie View Post
    I see... U are looking for a steping stone property to get yourself established in social circle. Going for the cheapest mm is a good idea, if your ultimate goal is subsidised housing.
    Not to establish social circle. My job no need social at all. Hahaha. I just want a home loh. Cos renting currently. Like helping my landlord pay for his house and giving him pocket money. I could actually afford one myself. Just that pricing now so steep. I think patience is the key now.

If you intend to stay here long term buying makes more sense than renting.

Not to establish social circle. My job no need social at all. Hahaha. I just want a home loh. Cos renting currently. Like helping my landlord pay for his house and giving him pocket money. I could actually afford one myself. Just that pricing now so steep. I think patience is the key now.

Quote Originally Posted by Patrickstar View Post
    If you intend to stay here long term buying makes more sense than renting.
    I've been here since primary 1. Don't know contribute how much to the renting already. Now have stable income and wish to own a house of my own. Not sure how much is consider as reasonable. Budget is between 550-650k. Under 600k is the best

Try online search or engage property agents, but your choices are quite limited at the moment as sub-$700k MM launches are very limited after cooling measures on MM 2-3 years back.

http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/singa...itude=&submit=

Quote Originally Posted by hyenergix View Post
    Try online search or engage property agents, but your choices are quite limited at the moment as sub-$700k MM launches are very limited after cooling measures on MM 2-3 years back.

http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/singa...itude=&submit=
    Very helpful. Thank you