Thread: Traffic congestion affects commuting costs which impact on housing prices

Default Traffic congestion affects commuting costs which impact on housing prices

From this article http://www.stproperty.sg/articles-pr...rices/a/159311, it says

"In Singapore, housing in and around the CBD also enjoys an extremely high location premium.

For example, for the period 2002-2012, the price of a private resale flat in Clementi was on average about $490 less per square foot than one in River Valley, which is about 9km closer to the CBD. Resale prices were even lower in Choa Chu Kang, which is an additional 5km farther away from the CBD than Clementi and nearly $625 less per square foot than in River Valley."

Quote Originally Posted by k00L View Post
    From this article http://www.stproperty.sg/articles-pr...rices/a/159311, it says

"In Singapore, housing in and around the CBD also enjoys an extremely high location premium.

For example, for the period 2002-2012, the price of a private resale flat in Clementi was on average about $490 less per square foot than one in River Valley, which is about 9km closer to the CBD. Resale prices were even lower in Choa Chu Kang, which is an additional 5km farther away from the CBD than Clementi and nearly $625 less per square foot than in River Valley."
    Not a bad idea. But sometimes I wonder if really that many people work in CBD.

Another interpretation is that the best paying jobs are in the CBD and this explains the premium people pay for it.

If I work in non-CBD I will still prefer a location near workplace over CBD even for similar prices. Make sense?
    The three laws of Kelonguni:

Where there is kelong, there is guni.
    No kelong no guni.
    More kelong = more guni.

What is the article trying to say? In which country or city, do the housing become cheaper when closing to CBD??? This is so stupid.....

Quote Originally Posted by Kelonguni View Post
    ...sometimes I wonder if really that many people work in CBD
    ... every day during lunch time at raffle place, I feel like there are a million ppl around me ...

Quote Originally Posted by amk View Post
    ... every day during lunch time at raffle place, I feel like there are a million ppl around me ...
    To me I don't like to have that kind of feeling everyday.

Quote Originally Posted by amk View Post
    Would try to avoid those kind of job environment if possible. That's just me though.

But I think drive to Tuas during peak hours you will also sense a million cars around you. That implies that property prices near Tuas will...

Use your imagination.
    The three laws of Kelonguni:

Where there is kelong, there is guni.
    No kelong no guni.
    More kelong = more guni.

During peak hours, I feel a million people around me at JE station.... ha ha does it imply something too?!

Quote Originally Posted by RCT View Post
    What is the article trying to say? In which country or city, do the housing become cheaper when closing to CBD??? This is so stupid.....
    It didnt say cheaper, they are talking about the rate of price appreciation is slower
    "Never argue with an idiot, or he will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience."

Quote Originally Posted by Allthepies View Post
    During peak hours, I feel a million people around me at JE station.... ha ha does it imply something too?!
    Perhaps property prices 1 or 2 station from JE station will be best. close but not too close.
    "Never argue with an idiot, or he will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience."

For suburban If u want to have good rental and get tenants easily in future buy those property that is close to business park or industrial park. Jurong east, boon lay is good for rental. Upcoming is woodlands and from the 2013 master plan there is also an very large area of growth of industrials and offices in future that is Defu and lorong halus.