Default Revival in RCR and CCR

I sense a mini revival in RCR and CCR.

Quote Originally Posted by thomastansb View Post
    what are the signs ?

Why let the cat out!

Thought most experts quoted in mass media said CCR & OCR will drop quite a bit.

What is reviving? sales or prices?

Agree........

bargain hunter has been so busy that i hardly have time to update the CCR thread and totally no time to update the monthly new sales thread. so............

Quote Originally Posted by bargain hunter View Post
    bargain hunter has been so busy that i hardly have time to update the CCR thread and totally no time to update the monthly new sales thread. so............
    Bro, with absd, will you still buy??? I find it so difficult to swallow leh.... maybe my prop portfolio enough liao... hahahahaha

u got to get back in the market to feel it. there are no significant numbers to back thomas up at the moment and its hard to describe it. u got to check it out yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by Newbie1 View Post
    Thought most experts quoted in mass media said CCR & OCR will drop quite a bit.

What is reviving? sales or prices?

thing is, other pple bochap the absd (after prices are discounted >10% off the peak).

u already made it liao mah bro, fully invested with significant prop exposure already.

Quote Originally Posted by chestnut View Post
    Bro, with absd, will you still buy??? I find it so difficult to swallow leh.... maybe my prop portfolio enough liao... hahahahaha

thing is, other pple bochap the absd (after prices are discounted >10% off the peak).

u already made it liao mah bro, fully invested with significant prop exposure already.
    bro, agree with you.... if drop 9% = equalization....

unit 1Mil drop 9% = 900k
    900k X 1.1 (absd) = 990k
    In fact cheaper by 10K... hahahahahahaha

OK.... time to relook...

thanks for the trigger to the thinking...

Cheers

I think I go look see look see again

been busy with stocks and bonds... hahahaha

let me try to get some new home sales numbers to back thomas up at the monthly new home sales data thread.

unit 1Mil drop 9% = 900k
    900k X 1.1 (absd) = 990k

OK.... time to relook...

Cheers

The CCR rental market is really bad, esp with small units now appearing in the heartlands and new type of expats like to immerse in real local culture and not stuck in enclaves etc. So invest at one's own risk. I always believe must look at fundamentals (i.e. cash flows), not just anyhow chase "sentiments". In any case, sentiments is pretty subdued too. And new sales in CCR is pretty much dead - just budget buyers looking at resale. If new launch a slight premium can't move, it says a lot about "upside" of your resale.

unit 1Mil drop 9% = 900k
    900k X 1.1 (absd) = 990k

OK.... time to relook...

Cheers

a lot of people calling for tweaking of ABSD.

what happens if ABSD remains as it is for the next 5 years, so will it be wise to still invest?

If interest remains relatively low <2%, think ABSD impact will not be much bec rental yield will still be better than keeping extra cash in the bank and inflation protection

some people think it is a good time to look at ppty now bec some of the good location units are becoming more negotiable, where as in a hot market, have a pay a huge premium

I don't think ABSD will be tweaked.

CCR will remain low for a while..... SG is already one of the most most expensive cities to live in.

With the tightening of foreigners in SG, this will push them to the suburbs to rent/ live at least until next GE, before deciding on what to tweak.

Government will prop up/hold firm the OCR vacancies first before allowing the most expensive properties to fly.

Gap has to be closed by firming up OCR while CCR, RCR to ease....

Market has cooled and we will see CMI agents quitting to look for full-time careers, jobs which other sectors are complaining manpower shortage.

Once all these are in place, CCR, RCR will be allowed to rise.

The economy can't function without the middle class stabilizing to support the lofty ambitions of rich.

Buyers are cheonging to commonwealth towers.

If ABSD is removed today and tomorrow sellers and developers increased price by 5% to 10%, isn't it the same back to the origin. LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by solsys View Post

CCR will remain low for a while..... SG is already one of the most most expensive cities to live in.

With the tightening of foreigners in SG, this will push them to the suburbs to rent/ live at least until next GE, before deciding on what to tweak.

Government will prop up/hold firm the OCR vacancies first before allowing the most expensive properties to fly.

Market has cooled and we will see CMI agents quitting to look for full-time careers, jobs which other sectors are complaining manpower shortage.

The economy can't function without the middle class stabilizing to support the lofty ambitions of rich.
    This is quite true.

teddybear is offline Global recession is coming....

Hah? Is it govt's job to prop up/hold firm OCR vacancies?
    Let's put it this way,rental properties always get filled up from CCR outwards to OCR. So, asking govt to hold firm OCR vacancies means have to fill up CCR vacancies first. As of now, I heard many people's private properties for rental in OCR (e.g. Sengkang, Punggol etc private properties) got nobody interested! You better ask govt to relax foreigners intake policy! (And, I have no problem getting several offers for my CCR rental properties).

As to your the other statement: "The economy can't function without the middle class stabilizing to support the lofty ambitions of rich.",
    this is like telling us that there can't be multi-millionaires and billionaires (lofty ambitions of rich) in SG until the middle class become rich enough? How rich do you need the middle class to be?

Quote Originally Posted by solsys View Post

Quote Originally Posted by teddybear View Post
    Hah? Is it govt's job to prop up/hold firm OCR vacancies?
    Let's put it this way,rental properties always get filled up from CCR outwards to OCR. So, asking govt to hold firm OCR vacancies means have to fill up CCR vacancies first. As of now, I heard many people's private properties for rental in OCR (e.g. Sengkang, Punggol etc private properties) got nobody interested! You better ask govt to relax foreigners intake policy! (And, I have no problem getting several offers for my CCR rental properties).

As to your the other statement: "The economy can't function without the middle class stabilizing to support the lofty ambitions of rich.",
    this is like telling us that there can't be multi-millionaires and billionaires (lofty ambitions of rich) in SG until the middle class become rich enough? How rich do you need the middle class to be?
    Perhaps you are still living in the past.

Problem with CCR is the lack of amenities and international school and CCR being such a big area, many people forget that not all CCR is prime, and obviously you can see that from the low rental yield.

When expat family come to Singapore, its usually the location of the school transport hub etc that determine where they live no the district number
    "Never argue with an idiot, or he will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience."

Decentralizing has been happening....

Tampines and Changi Business Park was successful and they are replicating it all over Singapore.

Government must make the decentralized model succeed otherwise there is NO WAY the infrastructure in CBD, CCR, RCR can accommodate the stress with everyone squeezing in it.

Until these decentralized nodes are in stable condition, i.e. well populated with proper jobs and industries supporting........

Prime Grade A rents for offices are rising..... but why aren't residential units picking up?

Because it's way too expensive..... US, Europe got to recover until they got money to increase these foreigners salaries to hold up the CCR, RCR markets......

Meanwhile, government will need to hold and ensure OCR units are well-populated..... They are halting the developers by slapping them with all the Stamp Duties to slow them down..... else the oversupply will get out of hand..... which already is but the worst effects are diluted.....

Wah cham la, why u so sharp? Now everyone start seeing liao... Start to see gems surfacing le...

u got to get back in the market to feel it. there are no significant numbers to back thomas up at the moment and its hard to describe it. u got to check it out yourself.
    If got "like" button I will like liao. Agree. Can't describe but if you're in the market, can smell it liao.

Sorry all哥哥姐姐们 can I ask a stupid question please?

why the garmen only give free train ride in the morning for mrt stations in the cbd area

why they never give free mrt ride to west, east and north area

Siao liao... So long as CCR or OCR is performing, sure will trigger JDL defender again. His mouth yanks like the O in his nick again here

There are gems coming up of CCR, just look at The sail and discount on V at Shenton, worth to have a look.

He still has not answered what are the benefits that HSR bring to London-Paris and are those benefits replicable to Singapore.

Hey kid, stop stirring in this thread and go google knowledge and share with your kampung kids
    "How to make a fool useful for your properties? Let him continue to blow up Jurong prices and all other areas will keep up"

Hi government, if you are reading this thread.... please slap hard on those who own multiple properties in CCR.

Tax them higher since they are confident of renting out their units and more so when its the billionaires that are buying..... they won't feel a pinch.....

Taxation of multiple properties should be higher if it exceeds two units, i.e. like double of the 1st and 2nd.

Starting from Boon Keng.

fact is, government needs to keep OCR affordable for everyone but they have no obligation to do so for RCR and CCR.

there's an oversupply situation in CCR now, due to the 2007 boom. however, given the poor sales numbers since 2011 for CCR, that situation is being digested.

RCR, feels like only Geylang is facing an oversupply situation in the future.

OCR was undersupplied for years after 2007. However, the bulk of the completions from 2015 onwards is in OCR.

Isn't it pretty obvious? OCR is going to crash in next 2 years! J Gateway going to TOP just when OCR property prices crashed! By then, surrounding condos selling $800 psf, J Gateway can sell how much?

there's an oversupply situation in CCR now, due to the 2007 boom. however, given the poor sales numbers since 2011 for CCR, that situation is being digested.

RCR, feels like only Geylang is facing an oversupply situation in the future.

OCR was undersupplied for years after 2007. However, the bulk of the completions from 2015 onwards is in OCR.

So need OCR property prices to crash? Or rather, OCR property prices crash is a side effect when they just wanted to stabilize the price but they just can't control such thing as they like to precision (hence end up crashing the price!)

fact is, government needs to keep OCR affordable for everyone but they have no obligation to do so for RCR and CCR.