Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rights for 1st Parking Lots for Residing Owner

Default Rights for 1st Parking Lots for Residing Owner

Hi, I bought a condo one year back. Recently the managing agent has changed to PropNex Property Management and they carried out an annual vehicle update exercise. Unfortunately I do not own a car but I managed to borrow my friend's car to use while he is on long vacation. Then the problem comes.

The manager give me a wheel clamped warning letter for parking my friends car in the carpark. When I bring the letter to him and tell him that that is my friends car and I would will be using it for the next two weeks and parked it here. The reply from him is "No, you can't do that and please surrender your car transpondant since you do not own a car. At most you can only park here for 3 days as a visitor while paying 3 dollars per night for a maximum of 3 nights per month and I will disable your transpondant now" May I ask the gound here few questions below :-

1. As an owner residing in the condo, do I have the right to use the parking space since I am paying the monthly maintenance fee. I am refering to the first parking space as a resident in the condominium

2. Do I have a case against the management manager or I just have to follow what he say? I don't understand why the manager are not facilitating the residents here but rather creating more trouble?

3. I feel I am not being treated fairly and where can I complain to if I do it again and he wheel clam my friend's car?

4. There was also an incident before where my tap is leaking water. As no one is at home in the day time, I called up the manager and informed them that my plumber will be visiting around 8pm to fix it with no noisy work. Again, my request was being turned down and I was told I have no other choice and I must apply a paid leave and attend to such incident.

I understand the manager maybe coming from a point to protect the interest of other residents, but as a resident in the condo, I also feel that I should be treated fairly and the manager should assist and not create more trouble for the me here.

Thank you very much in advance for any feedback.

teddybear is offline Global recession is coming....

Very funny MA you have.
    Firstly, why as a resident in the estate, you have to pay $3 per night for parking a car you drive in? In the very least, you still have the right to park in visitor car park lot if they don't allow you to park in resident lot without the permanent parking label. This is regardless of 1st car or 2nd car etc.

My comments above only apply when you condo has sufficient car park lots. If there is insufficient to go around, then there is nothing you can do.

Quote Originally Posted by condonewbie View Post
    Hi, I bought a condo one year back. Recently the managing agent has changed to PropNex Property Management and they carried out an annual vehicle update exercise. Unfortunately I do not own a car but I managed to borrow my friend's car to use while he is on long vacation. Then the problem comes.

The manager give me a wheel clamped warning letter for parking my friends car in the carpark. When I bring the letter to him and tell him that that is my friends car and I would will be using it for the next two weeks and parked it here. The reply from him is "No, you can't do that and please surrender your car transpondant since you do not own a car. At most you can only park here for 3 days as a visitor while paying 3 dollars per night for a maximum of 3 nights per month and I will disable your transpondant now" May I ask the gound here few questions below :-

1. As an owner residing in the condo, do I have the right to use the parking space since I am paying the monthly maintenance fee. I am refering to the first parking space as a resident in the condominium

2. Do I have a case against the management manager or I just have to follow what he say? I don't understand why the manager are not facilitating the residents here but rather creating more trouble?

3. I feel I am not being treated fairly and where can I complain to if I do it again and he wheel clam my friend's car?

4. There was also an incident before where my tap is leaking water. As no one is at home in the day time, I called up the manager and informed them that my plumber will be visiting around 8pm to fix it with no noisy work. Again, my request was being turned down and I was told I have no other choice and I must apply a paid leave and attend to such incident.

I understand the manager maybe coming from a point to protect the interest of other residents, but as a resident in the condo, I also feel that I should be treated fairly and the manager should assist and not create more trouble for the me here.

Thank you very much in advance for any feedback.

Small development I believe...

Quote Originally Posted by solsys View Post

Maybe not so small if PropNex also wan to come in to handle...

Quote Originally Posted by solsys View Post
    My unit in the estate have less than 100 units. I park 2 cars leh

They are doing this because many people have been using the same old excuse to allow their auntie and uncle park their cars there for free. Especially for condo near HDB estate.

In some condo, they have started IU access for residence carpark, which mean if your car is not registered you cant even go in.
    "Never argue with an idiot, or he will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience."

Isn't that the reason why CCR properties far away from HDB estate can command significant extra premium?
    We never have to deal with such cases of illegal parking or not enough car park lots!
    We want to park 3 cars also can!

Quote Originally Posted by Ringo33 View Post
    They are doing this because many people have been using the same old excuse to allow their auntie and uncle park their cars there for free. Especially for condo near HDB estate.

In some condo, they have started IU access for residence carpark, which mean if your car is not registered you cant even go in.

Is the project pacific mansion?

Too many cases of hostesses bringing back customers overnight...

Quote Originally Posted by teddybear View Post
    Isn't that the reason why CCR properties far away from HDB estate can command significant extra premium?
    We never have to deal with such cases of illegal parking or not enough car park lots!
    We want to park 3 cars also can!
    please spare us your CCR nonsense please. This is about car park, not CCR or OCR.
    "Never argue with an idiot, or he will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience."

my estate has 1 transponder for each unit so not much issue, there are 2 other estate which use the car IU number as transponder( this might be more troublesome, if the owner uses car on and off)

only once in a while during school holidays, you will see "outside" vehicles park at visitors lots for more than 2 days after which the MA will clamp the car and the owner would need to pay for unlocking fees.

as for the repairs work, I think your MA is correct not to have any repair works after 6pm. you might not think it's noisy but others might.

as for the condo located next to HDB flats, yup, a few of my acquaintance have on occasion complained that some HDB dwellers park the vehicles at their condo just to save the parking fees. the main problem is during weekends, the HDB dwellers would use the condo swimming pool for free, jamming up the genuine owners privilege.

not all condo security are...shall we say, "very ON" so they don't check who goes into the condo on foot

so usually, before a purchase like estate , it best to spend more time talking to owners there and security personnel, rather than after all the dust had settle and you realized your mistake.
    Last edited by puffer_fish; 20-04-14 at 22:26.

I think this is the case which a child has illegally sneak into the condo for a swim and drown herself, after which the parents wanted to sue the condo

【女童公寓泳池溺毙】女童母亲要告公寓

8岁女童溺毙公寓游泳池,女童母亲要告公寓,要追究公寓保安为何让她女儿闯关进公寓?

2010年7月17日中午时分,家住后港7道组屋的死者黄业莉,带着当时4岁的妹妹和7岁邻居,闯进后港7道的青山苑公寓(Evergreen Park),结果溺毙。

这起案件,昨天在验尸庭研讯后,官判意外溺毙。

死者母亲符亚妹昨晚受访时眼泛泪光,她说会找律师向公寓管委提出控诉,对公寓保安提出质疑。

她说,尽管已事过一年多,她和丈夫还是经常想起死去的女儿。

验尸官:8岁目击者证词多变,不能接受。完整报道,请翻阅11.01.2012《联合晚报》。

Please go check how many car park lots your J Gateway has vs the number of units.
    Then check those luxury CCR condos how many car park lots they have vs the number of units.
    premium CCR and cheap-skate OCR, big difference!

Quote Originally Posted by Ringo33 View Post
    please spare us your CCR nonsense please. This is about car park, not CCR or OCR.

apparently there are 5 levels of car park in my condo, the level 4 and level 5 are mostly empty, approximatly 100 free lots everyday, even on weekend 3am those lots are still free.

Apparently the condo management says that visitor parking overnight got to pay 3 dollar per night

There isn't such issues until recently they changed the management company. So even if i ask about before i buy the condo, I also can't foresee this will happen

For the toilet case, then I have to let the water leak for the whole night just because somebody thinks its "noisy"?

anyway, any suggestion how can I go about for the management manager? who can help me to make a fair judgement? or just simply "no choice, is like that?!?!"

apparently there are 5 levels of car park in my condo, the level 4 and level 5 are mostly empty, approximatly 100 free lots everyday, even on weekend 3am those lots are still free.

Apparently the condo management says that visitor parking overnight got to pay 3 dollar per night

There isn't such issues until recently they changed the management company. So even if i ask about before i buy the condo, I also can't foresee this will happen

For the toilet case, then I have to let the water leak for the whole night just because somebody thinks its "noisy"?

anyway, any suggestion how can I go about for the management manager? who can help me to make a fair judgement? or just simply "no choice, is like that?!?!"
    believed most time rules can be bent
    think in your case if you had informed the management earlier
    it might helps because most people like to be respected and for you to get a temporary transponder for 2 weeks before taking your friend's car home

Quote Originally Posted by puffer_fish View Post
    I think this is the case which a child has illegally sneak into the condo for a swim and drown herself, after which the parents wanted to sue the condo

【女童公寓泳池溺毙】女童母亲要告公寓

这起案件,昨天在验尸庭研讯后,官判意外溺毙。

That is only a technicality.

The parents have to sue the condo in order to obtain compensation from the condo's insurance company.

Do your place have many "visitors" parking overnight? Strange policy though..............

Quote Originally Posted by teddybear View Post
    Please go check how many car park lots your J Gateway has vs the number of units.
    Then check those luxury CCR condos how many car park lots they have vs the number of units.
    premium CCR and cheap-skate OCR, big difference!
    Why dont you check and tell us instead of always opening your big mouth to brag about your wrong side of CCR.

If every units of your project is entitled to 1 lot, then its the MA responsibility to ensure that all these lots are set aside for residents regardless if its occupied or not.

If MA were to give away these reserved lots to residents owning more than 1 car, what is going to happen if residents who doesnt own a car would to get one in future? Which residents who own more than 1 car would voluntarily give up their lots? Perhaps they will be asking WHY ME? why not my neighbor.

There were complaints from residents in condos near neighbourhood where people sneak in to use the condo facilities like gym, swimming pool, etc. Security guards not doing their job.
    Quote Originally Posted by puffer_fish View Post

【女童公寓泳池溺毙】女童母亲要告公寓

这起案件,昨天在验尸庭研讯后,官判意外溺毙。

Default Parking Lot not an entitlement!

Just because it is a URA/LTA planning requirement to provide 1 lot per unit, it does not automatically lead to an entitlement of 1 lot per unit. Many ppl misunderstand this.

The parking area is a shared facility and the management of the lots is at the discretion of the MCST council, and the MA is simply executing the wishes of the council.

I am sure if there was pre-consultation with the MA, this issue would not have surfaced. Likely, it's the wrong assumption of entitlement that has resulted in this issue cropping up.

Giving the MA the leeway to make discretionary decision will result in accusations of favouritism, corruption etc. Thus.. it is normal for the MA to be very firm on enforcing rules set by the council.

My condo is near to HDB too and is at OCR. We have 390+ units, but not sure how many parking lots we have. We are using IU systems now.

Each resident is allotted 1 parking lot for the 1st car, as for the 2nd car, need to ballot quarterly, successful car owners will have to pay $150 for the quarter. Our management also set aside a revoke list for about 10 cars, in case there need a parking lot for the 1st car (new), this revoke list will be re-balloted and someone will have to give up, this is all agreed.

For my condo, visitors are allowed to park till 11pm only, no over-night parking, otherwise vehicle will be cramped.

I am wondering if for condonewbie's case, if the owner's car has accident and get a temporary replacement from the insurance's company, does this owner still need to pay for his 1st car parking entitlement.

Quote Originally Posted by Simi View Post
    believed most time rules can be bent
    think in your case if you had informed the management earlier
    it might helps because most people like to be respected and for you to get a temporary transponder for 2 weeks before taking your friend's car home
    That's right, is better to inform the management earlier or maybe the residents can brought up this issue during the meeting, afterall every resident is entitled to 1 parking lot.

This will be a serious problem with those new condo development near mrt stn with less than 1 condo- 1 carpark lot. Visitors to the condo will have problem too especially during festive season.
    Quote Originally Posted by irisng View Post
    My condo is near to HDB too and is at OCR. We have 390+ units, but not sure how many parking lots we have. We are using IU systems now.

Each resident is allotted 1 parking lot for the 1st car, as for the 2nd car, need to ballot quarterly, successful car owners will have to pay $150 for the quarter. Our management also set aside a revoke list for about 10 cars, in case there need a parking lot for the 1st car (new), this revoke list will be re-balloted and someone will have to give up, this is all agreed.

For my condo, visitors are allowed to park till 11pm only, no over-night parking, otherwise vehicle will be cramped.

I am wondering if for condonewbie's case, if the owner's car has accident and get a temporary replacement from the insurance's company, does this owner still need to pay for his 1st car parking entitlement.

Approach the Management Council which comprises reps elected from amongst the Subsidiary proprietors of the condo. You may approach your Block rep or the Chairman of your MC.

I believe this policy would have been tabled in AGM for deliberation and need to be passed. Otherwise, MC or MA cannot just implement overnight.

why cannot fix leaking pipe at night? expect u to waste water the whole night? fixing pipe is not noisy also.

if u bring the plumper from outside to ur house, they wont know also mah?

Quote Originally Posted by DC33_2008 View Post
    This will be a serious problem with those new condo development near mrt stn with less than 1 condo- 1 carpark lot. Visitors to the condo will have problem too especially during festive season.
    too bad, the whole point for such condos are for them to take the mrt. Visitors will be the least of anyone's concern unless they are your visitors, hehe.

But you must know they are singaporeans and they prefer convenience unless they are mainly rented out.
    Quote Originally Posted by august View Post
    too bad, the whole point for such condos are for them to take the mrt. Visitors will be the least of anyone's concern unless they are your visitors, hehe.

Quote Originally Posted by babyt View Post
    why cannot fix leaking pipe at night? expect u to waste water the whole night? fixing pipe is not noisy also.

if u bring the plumper from outside to ur house, they wont know also mah?
    The way to deal with pipe leak is to shut down main pipe outside your unit.
    If they allowed plumber to work at night then painting should be allowed too and where will the end?

Quote Originally Posted by Busypeople View Post
    The way to deal with pipe leak is to shut down main pipe outside your unit.
    If they allowed plumber to work at night then painting should be allowed too and where will the end?
    painting is not urgent compared to leaking pipe. if its big leak then how

anyway i have yet to move in to my 1 bedder. currently still staying in HDB. last time i have a leaking pipe, can just go outside switch off the main pipe no big deal...or maybe condo pipping system is different from hdb.