Thread: Question on ABSD and marriage after

Default Question on ABSD and marriage after

Hi all, would like to ask a qn relating to refund of ABSD paid. When my then fiancee and myself bought a PC last year, we each had our names attached to separate HDB flats, which had since been disposed of. We had to pay up the extra 7% ABSD then of course in the PC purchase.

Now that we are married and only have a single common PC as property, can we apply to IRAS for the ABSD refund? Hope to seek your advice and opinions, esp if u have successfully done so.

Thanks in advance

Quote Originally Posted by grunt72 View Post
    Hi all, would like to ask a qn relating to refund of ABSD paid. When my then fiancee and myself bought a PC last year, we each had our names attached to separate HDB flats, which had since been disposed of. We had to pay up the extra 7% ABSD then of course in the PC purchase.

Now that we are married and only have a single common PC as property, can we apply to IRAS for the ABSD refund? Hope to seek your advice and opinions, esp if u have successfully done so.

Thanks in advance
    Please see below:

http://www.iras.gov.sg/irasHome/uplo...l_Property.pdf

I think depends on your date of purchase and sale (within half year). Most likely can but have to confirm with authorities. Have you applied for ABSD remission already?
    The three laws of Kelonguni:

Where there is kelong, there is guni.
    No kelong no guni.
    More kelong = more guni.

Thanks in advance
    just curious, how did the both of you have your names down on separate HDB flats?

Mother son, father daughter.

Quote Originally Posted by eng81157 View Post
    just curious, how did the both of you have your names down on separate HDB flats?
    Duh!

Singles who are 35 years old and above can buy resale HDB flats lah!

So two singles over 35 years old who had already bought their HDB flats, met each other, fell in love and decided to get married!

I would guess TS' age at 42. His wife may be slightly younger.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Anus View Post
    Duh!

Singles who are 35 years old and above can buy resale HDB flats lah!

So two singles over 35 years old who had already bought their HDB flats, met each other, fell in love and decided to get married!

I would guess TS' age at 42. His wife may be slightly younger.
    is there any information to suggest that they are both above 35 years old? i can think of half a dozen other possible scenarios.

is there any information to suggest that they are both above 35 years old? i can think of half a dozen other possible scenarios.
    Likely tread starter was born in year of 1972

Thanks in advance
    just go and claim, don't care whether anyone has done it before. 7% for 1m property is 70k leh..
    Ong lai ah!

Quote Originally Posted by agentg View Post
    whoa!!!! how on earth you find out such information?!?!??!

whoa!!!! how on earth you find out such information?!?!??!
    I think he is just assuming as TS is grunt72.

Quote Originally Posted by princess_morbucks View Post
    I think he is just assuming as TS is grunt72.
    u very innocent leh...
    Ong lai ah!

Quote Originally Posted by agentg View Post
    n my 3rd eye tells me tat TS is a guy ~