Thread: Pasir Ris - Crowded?

Default Pasir Ris - Crowded?

With Coco Palms development, targeting at 800-900 unit(s) together with the existing under-developing project(s) as well as completed housing(s) i.e. HDB and existing private condos/apartments.

Do you think Pasir Ris is over-crowded and it will definitely impact the rental market and it's pricing? Please comment. TIA.

Quote Originally Posted by yowetan View Post
    With Coco Palms development, targeting at 800-900 unit(s) together with the existing under-developing project(s) as well as completed housing(s) i.e. HDB and existing private condos/apartments.

Do you think Pasir Ris is over-crowded and it will definitely impact the rental market and it's pricing? Please comment. TIA.
    Are you aware that govt is considering underground and above road projects. Singapore "bo land liao". When next time you look back wah why i miss this golden ship here?

I must go and check out Mount Sinai
    What ia a good house?
    It is a good house as long as you love it

Quote Originally Posted by yowetan View Post

North Eastern part of Singapore is where you will find the highest density of residential estate, a place where you will see most number of BTOs and Mass market condo being developed for upgraders.

Good place to buy for own stay because they are relatively cheaper, but not idea for investment due to over supply.
    "Never argue with an idiot, or he will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience."

Quote Originally Posted by Ringo33 View Post
    North Eastern part of Singapore is where you will find the highest density of residential estate, a place where you will see most number of BTOs and Mass market condo being developed for upgraders.

Good place to buy for own stay because they are relatively cheaper, but not idea for investment due to over supply.

Bro you talking Sengkang n Pungol is it.
    Pasir ris condo plot ratio 2.1
    What ia a good house?
    It is a good house as long as you love it

Quote Originally Posted by Good house View Post
    I must go and check out Mount Sinai
    Mt Sinai is seated with multiple legacy developments which comes with a hefty 999LH or freehold asset class. There are many landed with our Tan Cheng Bock around. Hence, price and land development is strictly limited.

Far east organization shows some presence, and the very reason it is selling as a 103 leasehold projects speak something of the precious Mt Sinai.

This is one of the heritage place that will be minimalist and simple.

Quote Originally Posted by Good house View Post
    Bro you talking Sengkang n Pungol is it.
    Pasir ris condo plot ratio 2.1
    plot ratio doesnt really matter, its the supply of residential land in those area that is the concern for investor and also the lack of high value industry in that area. When PLAB move out, you will again have a huge supply of residential land made available. Simply put, there is no shortage of residential land in that area for the next 30 to 40 years.
    "Never argue with an idiot, or he will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience."

plot ratio doesnt really matter, its the supply of residential land in those area that is the concern and also the lack of industry in that area. When PLAB move out, you will again have a huge supply of residential land made available. Simply put, there is no shortage of residential land in that area for the next 30 to 40 years.
    Really hope so just keep the heavy industrial in the west. Hope to stay & invest in the east for the next 30 to 40 years

Quote Originally Posted by 3C View Post
    Really hope so just keep the heavy industrial in the west. Hope to stay & invest in the east for the next 30 to 40 years
    In that area, you should be concern about the heavy industry that is 7km north east of Pasir Ris.

As of now, PSI in the west is 59, while North and East region is 63 and 65 respectively.

In that area, you should be concern about the heavy industry that is 7km north east of Pasir Ris.

As of now, PSI in the west is 59, while North and East region is 63 and 65 respectively.
    Oh I see. Nevermind die also want to die in the east. The east is too beautiful for me to forgo.

Pasir Ris definitely going to become more crowded with so many new HDB and condominiums. But with higher population density, it will simply mean more commercial development projects and amenities that will be provided in the future to serve the Pasir Ris population.

Pasir Ris will continue to remain attractive to both families and singles because of its proximity to nature, airports and nearby industries. Many people who grew up in the East will move here if they have budget constraints, as private housing here is still affordable compared to other locations in Eastern Singapore. There will always be a BIG pool of mass market homebuyers, now or future, so I think there's no cause for worry.

As long as a neighbourhood is able to establish a niche area for itself, it will remain attractive. Pasir Ris' liveability index is also quite high compared to other heartlands, especially it wins hands down for being near to nature and the sea at an affordable price (compared to Marine Parade). The EW line is an established line with only 30mins ride to the city, so again I think units near the interchange will definitely appreciate and move quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by 3C View Post
    Oh I see. Nevermind die also want to die in the east. The east is too beautiful for me to forgo.
    Actually thats not something you can decide. Is there are any burial ground in the east.?

I still prefer east. east will be best.
    “Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.”
    ― Martin Luther King, Jr.

OUT WITH THE SHIT TRASH

https://www.facebook.com/shutdowntrs

can't tell whether pasir ris and tampinese are "overcrowded" but if PIE > Changi is somewhat an indicator, then it certainly is.

PIE > Changi at 6-7.30pm is extremely + extremely congested.

Quote Originally Posted by minority View Post
    I still prefer east. east will be best.
    Grew up in the east..after staying else where still prefer the east.

Actually thats not something you can decide. Is there are any burial ground in the east.?
    3C said he wants to die in the east. he didnt say he wanna RIP in the east. And yeah you rightly pointed out east side no burial ground. Your side looking good, 10.5km away.

Have spoken to a few FT before, they have lived many places in Singapore, and finally they found their best home in Pasir Ris.

Oh no worries. livability sure ok due to low plot ratio in that area. Roads in hdb estates are not as condensed as punggol or sengkang.

Pick a few condos site area and the number of units, you will be quite surprised in the high livability index coupled with generous number of landed properties. Only worry is the spillover to pasir ris from the new tampines north development. Don't see any issue as Coco palms is the final plot by CDL.
    Affordable means small

Quote Originally Posted by yjcai View Post
    Oh no worries. livability sure ok due to low plot ratio in that area. Roads in hdb estates are not as condensed as punggol or sengkang.

Pick a few condos site area and the number of units, you will be quite surprised in the high livability index coupled with generous number of landed properties. Only worry is the spillover to pasir ris from the new tampines north development. Don't see any issue as Coco palms is the final plot by CDL.
    Coco palms, dnest, stratum etc means around 3000k - 5000K more residents within the next 5 years? This is not including the new BTOs around the area.

I don't think the government is doing anything to expand the facilities such as the polyclinic, transport such as MRT, bus frequencies (aside from proposed widening of roads which dunno when will complete, and the new MRT 17 years?!). The only thing I know is the revamped downtown east and a big hawker centre.

Someone please enlighten me if my understanding is wrong. HDB build and build, URA sell and sell the land...

But the essential facilities, such as these? Are there any plans to extend these?

OFS is moving to Pasir Ris, that should be good for rental, especially family size apartments in projects with good amenities and transportation

moving back to east after 18 yrs